Chapter 1
90 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The days of hope bring the nights of sorrow, if there is love today then there is hate tomorrow. A silent void covered by a vast ocean is similar to an empty soul.  Time goes by and days drive to months then years, some will smile and some will shed tears. But what brings all beings together is hope”

 

HAVENMILL TOWN

In a small apartment, there lived a young man. He was busy staring at the ceiling, while humming a few melodies. He was about the age of 19, he had jet black spiky hair, grey eyes, smooth porcelain skin and he was known to be attractive. He had two tattoos; the first was a Dove which was drawn on his abdomen and the second was skull with a rose in it’s mouth and it was located on his left arm.

He wore black camo trousers, a pair of black boots, a pair of black leather gloves and he also wore a ring designed with the shape of a mini skull on it .

His apartment didn’t have much, the walls were a bit old, the ceiling was a bit dirty. The furniture were also a bit old. His possessions were an electronic guitar, some clothing, some firearms and his dual long swords which both have the word “Revengers” on the blades.

 

 

 

 

 

(First person Narration)

“Damn I’m bored.”

I said as, staring up to the ceiling and trying to find a way to pass the time. I could go for a drink but I’m sure the Neon should have a lot customers by now. It can get pretty noisy in there and it gets pretty annoying. Most of the customers are usually Mercenaries or Agents.

The Neon is a place of Business and pleasure. Mercenaries would come looking for a job or just to have fun and The agents were the ones that would provide the jobs and look for the mercenaries fit for them.

I’m a mercenary too and I’ve gotten myself a good amount of money and also been through a lot dangerous jobs but hey it’s just how it is. I might need to get a new job soon before I go completely broke. I got about 750 dollars and I gotta make some expenses. ‘sigh’ what a drag.

You know what, I’ll go for a drink, I’m pretty much wasting my time staying indoors.

 

I proceed to take out a shirt and then my favourite black coat from my closet and then put them on. I then proceed to take the revengers; Havenmill can get a bit too dangerous at night. And who knows I may get a job that needs immediate attention; Either way I gotta have something on me.

“Alright Time to go for a drink”

I leave my apartment and then lock the door then walk down to the streets and as usual I am greeted by a stench that could make you regret your decision living in a street like mine.

The Neon is located in the cleaner places of Havenmill, it takes about 13 minutes to walk there. I could take my Bike but my baby needs some repairs and that is another expense I gotta make ‘sigh’ I really need to get money; Maybe Tom should have something for me.

Well I guess I’ll walk; what a drag.

 

As I walk pass the dark alleys, the rundown buildings and also the residents; I realise that nothing has changed since the time I arrived here. Havenmill is a good town but it has it’s sins and sinners. Many illegal practices go on secretly, like prostitution, drug and weapon dealing, murder and so on.

We mercenaries do have a hand in all this as we are hired to do the dirty work, I do have my regrets but it’s the best and fastest way I could get Money but I’m not so proud of it.

I can remember my first job; I had to escort some guy that was important and protect him from any harm and we had to move at night. I can tell you that it was one hell of a night, It was my first time ever to encounter demons. I can remember their hideous faces and their deformed bodies, I felt scared at first but I knew what had to be done.

I slashed, cut and broke every single one of them until they were just small pieces of Meat and since that night, I became one of the top Mercs in the town. I was able to get a lot of jobs and get paid high amounts of money. Well that was two years ago, maybe some things have changed after all in this town.

 

“Hey Beza!”

I look to my left to see some kids playing ball, I sometimes play with them and I gotta say, they really like my company.

“Hey Beza when are you going to play with us again” said Kristine, she really has grown these past since the first time I saw her, she used to have a broken tooth but now it’s grown, she no longer styled her hair into pigtails; Now she just left it straight and she still has that bracelet I bought for her.

 Her dad died when she was just a baby and her mother really went through a lot. That’s why I usually help them from time to time.

“Don’t worry Little girl, we’ll have our rematch soon enough” I reply, teasing her, she always got annoyed when I call her Little

“Hm I’m not Little!” she said, folding her arms.

“Haha I’m just joking, you’re a big girl now”

She smiled and raised her hand in Victory, “Yes Exactly!”

 

“Alright I’ll see y’all later”

I said as I give them a good bye wave. But Kristine stopped me. She didn’t like it when I had the Revengers on me cause she already knew that I was going to do something dangerous and it always worried her.

“Are you going to go fight some people?” She said with a sad worried look on her face. I really don’t like lying to her. She really looked up to me like I was her elder brother and she always tried to look after me, she usually would cook something for me with her mom and we would all have dinner together, we would usually go grocery shopping together and I would also help with the cooking and I also would read Kristine bed time stories and put her to sleep. I guess we really are like siblings.

I smiled at her and give her the same answer that I always give to calm her worries. “Don’t worry, I’m gonna go fight some bad guys so they stop doing bad things in Havenmill, it’s a really Important job and when you grow up, we are gonna fight em together and we’ll be heroes of Havenmill!”

She was a big fan of superheroes. She and I would read her comics together and we would make so many scenarios, she really liked to play hero and I as a Villain.

She smiled again gave me a nod in agreement.

“Yeah go beat Them up Beza! Then later we can have dinner together!”

“You bet Kiddo!” I replied

We then fist bump and she returned back to playing with her friends and I continued walking to the Neon.

 

“Well here we go again”

A few minutes later I finally arrived at the Neon. You could already see the bright Neon Lights from outside the bar, you could hear the loud music, really pumps up your excitement. Two years ago it was just a small and quiet bar but time passed on and it got pretty famous and it grew. Well basically the real owner sold it to some rich bastards and the neon became what it is now they really spent a lot and made lots of changes.

The Neon really brings back memories, there was a time it was holding it’s first Karaoke event and if you guessed it, I won. I brought my guitar and rocked all night and my prize was free drinks for a month. “Good Times”

I look at the sign board and it said “Special Desire Night” which meant that there was going to be a Burlesque show later. The Neon Hosted events like this every week and it really attracted a lot of customers, males especially as they get to see different girls show off their talents while wearing some provocative clothing and also the waitresses are girls dressed provocatively also. The Neon also engaged in prostitution, there should be another building not too far from here where the waitresses are hired for the night and so on.

“Those bastards are real dirtbags” I said referring to the new owners.

 

I walk into the bar and see that the inside was illuminated by blue lights, there was even a disco ball to make things much appealing to the eyes, there were sets of tables and chairs and also expensive couches, the bar was there harbouring so many different varieties of alcohol and drinks. The waitresses were there serving the drinks to the customers while having their body undressed by the eyes of the customers as usual and there were mercs either chatting with themselves or discussing business with their agents.

“Hmm I wonder if Tom is here”

I proceed to go take a seat at one of the empty tables and wait for one of the waitresses to attend to me.

I look around trying to see if I could find Tom but the place is so crowded and the Neon Lights aren’t even helping. Well I guess I’ll just have to call his cell phone later and hopefully he’ll answer.

Short minutes later a waitress approached me, we were both familiar with each other, her name is Felicia. She was a really attractive and the outfit she wore was an extra bonus. She had long red hair that was styled into bangs, she had pretty eyes with black Irises, she had a pretty seductive look and she was easy on the eyes.

Her outfit was just WOW. She a wore a very short skirt, long black socks and a tank top that showed off her assets and she complimented her outfit with some accessories like earrings, a choker and some bracelets.

She and I have done some inappropriate stuff together but nothing too serious, we usually just flirted with each other a lot.

“Hey Beza what’s up?” she said

“Oh nothing much, just admiring the gorgeous view” I reply with a big smirk on my face.

“Mhm I’m sure you are. Anyways what will it be?”

“I’ll take a some Soju thanks”

 

“Alright Coming right Up handsome” she replied and then Winked at me.

Hmm I really should talk to her, I need to know how she feels working in the Neon Like this, I know she doesn’t have any other means of getting money but it seems that she’s not comfortable and who would blame her?

No woman would feel comfortable wearing short amounts of clothing, in a public place and serving drinks while men have wild fantasies about what they would do to them in bed.

I really wish I could help Felicia but she keeps reassuring me that’ll she be fine.

“ it really bothers me ‘sigh’ ”

 

“Hey Hey just the guy I wanted to see”

I look to my left and it’s Tom with that crooked smile of his. He proceeded to take a seat and take off his Blazer.

Tom is one of the agents that look for mercenaries and give them jobs. The agents usually get a higher pay which is kind of unfair because we mercs have to do most of the work. Nevertheless, Tom and I had good business relations that’s why he was my personal agent; He has given me some jobs that although they were life threatening, it paid very well and what can I say? I’m in great need of money.

“Hey Tom, how you been?”

“Been alright, what about you Beza?” he replied as he took a cigarette from his pocket and lit it up then took a puff from it.

“I’m good, got any work for me? I’m kinda short on cash”

“well you’re in luck, I got a job for you and believe me when I say, It’s got a high pay”

 

Now that’s what I wanted to hear, everyone likes to hear the sound of money especially when they’re on the receiving end. I sit up straight and paid more attention.

“Listen here Beza, the job is a retrieval type. There’s this artifact that’s located in a temple, far east from here.”

“Hmm How long will it take for me to get there?”

“I’m not sure but if you agree to do the job, you will receive a map and some info about the artifact”

“And how much is the pay and who wants the artifact?”

“Well there’s some guy that owns a very large organisation, his name is discreet though and he is willing to pay a 100,000 dollars for you alone and he also gave me an extra 20,000 for you to prepare”

Woah did I hear him correctly? A 100k ? damn with that kind of money I could use it to upgrade my lifestyle.

“But I gotta warn you Beza….” Tom said as he moved closer to me so nobody could hear him, “There are other people that want the artifact too, so you have to be fast and also be careful”

 

Well I expected something like this to happen. There always has to be something challenging but I like it cause it makes things much more interesting

“Alright Tom, I’ll take the job”

“That’s what I like to hear” He said with a big smile on his face, I’m sure he was offered a higher pay than me but either way I am satisfied. Tom brings out an envelope from his pocket and then gave it to me.

I opened it and it was just like he said, 20k for me to prepare. Well now I’ll have enough to fix my motorcycle and upgrade my guns.

Hey now that I think about it, I ordered a drink, why is it taking so lo-

 

“YOU STUPID BITCH”

 

1