One last “BOOM”
46 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A slight sound of something moving had woken the young girl, at least her eyes had opened, in front of her was a pigeon eating leftover cookies that were several days old.

A headache had gone through her so much that she could hardly stand up, she had been carried away by the frightening events of the day before, and when she tried to lift, her hand that was pushing against the shelf slipped away making her fall face down on the floor, her body seemed weaker and weaker, perhaps as a consequence of her "hibernation".

Her innocent blue eyes looked increasingly clear when she finally stood up, she felt a sharp pain running down her spine, she closed her eyes trying to stand the pain, which a few seconds later disappeared.

Hungry and thirsty as she was, she grabbed a bottle of water and a protein bar, eating and drinking to recover energy:

- ... What do I do now?

At least, she knew she would be alone, not seeing anything that caught her attention, just small animals.

Her senses seemed to be awake as well, hearing the faint sound of water drops falling from the store's pipes, she realized that water was still circulating, but perhaps in small quantities.

After a while, already recovered, she stood up from the counter and went on her way, even though she couldn't look at the sky, her other senses indicated that it was about to rain and that it wouldn't be just a light rainstorm, something that didn't worry her at all.

Once again, nomadic as she was, she was looking for food for her survival, she didn't have much intention of searching the houses she passed, in her mind, she realized they would be empty.

For several long minutes that seemed like hours, she had seen nothing and no one, everywhere she went she saw only dead bodies, bodies that were already decomposing. And because of that, she took a handkerchief out of her bag and put it around her face to protect herself from the intense smells that the corpses were beginning to give off, smells that almost made the guts come out. Still on a side road, with her machine gun drawn and ready to use, she continued walking without any present fears.

Until something close to her moved, the young girl raised the machine gun trying to follow the light that appeared in front of her, it remained still as if it had sensed her presence, this one could not identify what that was, she just could only say that it was something abnormal.

From one moment to the next, the light had accelerated and before the girl could do anything, she was attacked and a light painful bite had intensified on her left leg.

- Ahhm! 

Warm and innocent blood flowed without stopping, the girl quickly took out a knife she had found and made a few cuts on the thing that enjoyed every drop of her blood. It seemed that hunger had taken away some of the animal's intelligence and it didn't even bother to defend itself.

- Shit... What the fuck is this?

Beside her stood an animal that looked a lot like a piranha, but with several tiny little legs, about 43 cm long, and still alive after being hit several times.

- I have to staunch the wound...!!

She grabbed her bag and took out a bottle of oxygenated water and poured it on the wound, feeling a strong burning sensation, causing tears to come to her eyes, then she bandaged it, in a quick and strong way. Because in the distance, still a bit far away, several lights of the same size as that thing were approaching.

With all her strength and hopes she stood up "running" as fast as possible to get inside one of the uninhabited residences, the pain was tremendous but she made it. Perplexed by the situation and not knowing exactly what to do, because she was clearly on an unknown territory, against things she had never seen in her life.

With a strong fear running through her body, she saw hundreds approaching in her direction, protected, for now, she was sitting on the cold floor, looking at the house she entered, noting that she would be in the living room that would also be connected to the kitchen.

Still, with significant difficulty, she stood up and sat on the sofa looking at the ceiling, trying to think of what to do next: "If she left, she would immediately be devoured and if she stayed, she would starve to death, death seemed to be the only identical variant in both choices."

- What a fucking bad luck!!!!!!

The hungry bugs were making themselves felt around the house looking for an entrance, something quite agonizing and frightening.

- FUCK!!!!!

Her breathing intensified, sweat dripped down her worried face, the pain was still quite intense, but in her mind, an idea had gained light, she grabbed an exposed bottle of whiskey and poured it all over the sofa, then opened a window. Finally, she approached the stove as fast as she could, turning on every single button of the stove, without forgetting to open the oven door, and before the gas could gain any more ground, she took a lighter and set the couch on fire.

The creatures had begun to come through the window, rushing towards her, but this one had been quicker, hiding inside of a bathroom, one of the farthest rooms from the kitchen, and with the door closed, she lay in the bathtub waiting for the final outcome, which seemed to take longer than she had anticipated.

If there were people on the street, they were more likely to be hit by the blast, intense flames were burning on the east side of the house, a black cloud so intense was forming in the sky, pieces of the same house were flying at everything around, and not even the small creatures had escaped.

3