Courage
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bell rings again, my little legs get on up out of there. I think that was the last time I saw that room again. It doesn’t matter, room 209, 209, 209 where. I pass by 201, then 202, closer as I make it through to 204, I can feel it. I can feel her closer. Without noticing, when did I start losing my breath for her? 

The bells slowly ringing further into the distance, the other kids running through me, pushing me further and further away. My breath wanting to catch her. What if I lose her. I start pushing through the kids, them pushing back. So I pushed harder. Much much harder, till i pushed the wrong kids. Ignoring them was a mistake in hindsight, I finally made it out of the crowd and towards the back. I turned around to make sure no one was watching. None, so I headed out of the doors where there laid the creek, far away but, where she always went.

I stumble around till I reach the small running creek. I walk up and feel the water, mistake- my hand falls back immediately. Super cold, the north pole probably couldn’t compete… I look left and right trying to see a small stick on the ground on either side of me. Not in sight so I head on upstream, soon I see the stick. Its perpendicular to the stream, I sigh and head back downstream in the water this time running my foot through the creek before taking it out after getting too cold. I JUMP, a rustle coming off the same place I entered the creek from. 

Quickly I headed off to the left in the direction where the sound came from and hid behind a tree. What came out? a group of three boys, the same age as me though looking a little mean looking. Seems like they’re following in my footsteps… They walk around looking for me like wild animals. Going far in my opinion, even having licked the ground. 

Idiot if they just look a little forward and look at my muddy footprints. they would have found me but they just walk past me up stream following the dry footprints. I step out and back towards downstream, taking my shoes off and throwing on a string to keep the pair together.

Finally, the yellow bubble of smiles. A large sun hat and sundress I could barely see her hair hanging from under the hat.  , she's crouching down near the creek, letting the water pass through her fingers. She doesn’t have a backpack on again.

    “Fourth day now and no backpack? Won't you get into trouble with the school then be sent off somewhere far?” her hand lifts from the creek and she flails it trying to dry it. She stood up and looked at me with a stare, deadly one at that.

    “Don't you dare say those types of stuff, glasses!” her loud mouth expression, sharp scary voice and just the stare was more than enough to make me think twice about ever saying that again.

    Slow moving shadows everywhere, my foot dancing and jumping around to hide under the darkness while the big glowy scary girl is quietly walking. Birds chirping super loudly.

    “You should try and avoid the sunlight it's fun.” She stops in her tracks and turns looking at me, as i was slowly jumping towards her.

    “That's a little childish don't you think? Besides, wouldn't that just be slower?” her voice sounds deeper. She also looks taller now. Super weird…

    “But you’re as old as me?” with just that line she's shorter than me.

“Of course glasses! Cmon!” She pulls me off of the safe shadow directly into the super hot beam of light and into hers. Taking my hand with her, we delve deeper and deeper into the forest dodging the ray of doom. Hopping in and out, sometimes getting so close to trees we could smell the bark. The air feels weird, wait wait its quiet. Extremely quiet the birds have gone mute.

Where are we going, wait where does she want to go. “W-where are we going?” She turns once more.

“Escaping.” she throws me down as from behind the shrubbery stands a tall skinny looking tree. But the tree is moving, Its long arm waving far beyond any trees. Its got a pear shaped head with a hollow indent leading into its head. Its head lowers down in front of her, s-shes shaking. Every part of her body is shaking. 

Get up! Do something, protect her! But my body, no my heart is saying no. The thing’s branches come from both sides, but passing right through the trees yet is able to pick her up. A loud screech comes from the thing’s hollow head mouth thing, like an air raid siren yet so loud. I try again, to get up but now something is holding me back. A bunch of branches growing on me holding me down. Each yell or scream I tried to get the courage to do I felt as if I got kicked by the branches. The branches felt more like arms holding me back as I tried and tried again to get free. 

“LET ME GO! STOP HURTING HER!” my arms break free as i run at the thing and punch it square in the head. Its ugly pear shaped head, I throw another punch from the left and right as the creature continues flinching further and further back. My hands, my arms together they hurt. They hurt. I turn around and look at her, her hands covering her little ears as her entire body shakes. I look back down at my hands. Bleeding, why’re they bleeding. I turn around to the tree thing but it's gone. The ground has some fresh blood but that's it. Can trees bleed?

0