House
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She pays for the hat, with what looks like paper francs, though the instant she had paid she grabbed me and ran. Smiling at me again.

 “where are we going now?” she doesn’t stop pulling me, instead she brings me to a park bench, setting me down before walking off.

“I’m going to show you my favorite spot to stay away from people.” she dragged me up a small bridge. Why is it so stiff, why is her hand so stiff. I just can't take my mind off of it. Stiff stiff stiff stiff stiff stiff stiff. The words are just bouncing off the walls of my skull. We go past a door, wait what door? I look around, its got a couch, hardwood floors, a bright chandelier hanging above me and a comically large teddy bear. I turned, the door was completely shut. 

“Something wrong glasses?” shes standing at the top of the stairs.

“N-no nothing is wrong. Where are we?” I patrol around cautiously slowly making my way up the stairs.

“Pfhahah glasses what’re you looking so worried about? Its just a bunch of stairs i cant promise if anything else is what you'd expect the to be however.”

“Wait what?” I looked up, but her back turned to me and walking off into the dimly lit hallways. The only thing is a small candle, she picks it up and walks down the hall with it. Slowly, rhythmically. Tap, Tap, Tap i cant even see the bright yellow sun hat anymore. 

I run for it, for her, i get to the hallway. Only hearing the slow footsteps. As if its a reaper of light killing any light that gets past it. The darkness, my foot hesitated but I ran towards her. Tree monster what do you mean tree monster? It was clearly there! You saw it now you saw that b-

I ran into her back, but she's without her sun hat.

“S-sorry! Are you alright?” I asked while trying to pull myself up, but she kept a foot on my chest. She's facing the other way however, looking away from me.

“Glasses do you even know who I am? I'm kind of a scum. I don't know why I’d even talked to you at the cafe or even back then. Then again you did ask me to go out into the forest with you but why me?”

I kept my eyes on her as she faced the other way, a full 180 from her body. 

“You looked lonely! That's all, I mean all I got called was weak by everyone except you. But you never even spoke a single word towards me, you just looked really lonely.”

She faces me eye to eye and closes her eyes with a smile.

“Sorry sorry for dirtying your clothes.” She steps off of my chest and holds out her hand for me.

Is she still lonely?

This house seems to have endless everything, endless rooms, endless food, and endless valuables. Yet the house has a little dust in it. Well cleaning this would be a pain, the house is so big. 

“How did you get this house?” I walked on next to her with a slice of bread in my hand. She's just laying on the couch, seems like the only place rid of dust.

“I worked.” she said that so nonchalantly. “Just art stuff, that's why I have so many paintings.”

Looking around some more I spot a few weird objects, needles and firearms. “Whats with the needles around the place and small pistol?”

    “I hunt sometimes, and the needle is for-... well its a secret you’re going to need to pry, and pry hard glasses unless you know another way.'' My eyes kept wandering the entire room, something is bugging me though. That gun its, its weird, just something about it. My body moves by itself throwing me right in front of the gun i stood, staring. 

   

“Tree monster, that day you had told me tree monster, to this day i don’t believe if I saw that pear shaped weirdo or if i was just trying to cover up my slow loss of hearing .”

   

“But you can hear me perfectly fine?” she hasn’t had an issue hearing me.

    “Can I though?” 

    “I'm pretty far away and speaking in a normal voice, what do you mean can I?” I turn away from the gun and over to her. She sees me but doesn't give a reaction just watching.

   

    “Hah forget it… Glasses do these feelings we have for each other do you think its impacted just because of our childhood?” My feet paused, every functional cell in my brain flared up. My glasses seemed to almost twirl my sight into a horrid, messy, murky vision of muddy black. In my head I'm processing every moment within my head, every single moment with her. 

    “Glasses we were more than just childhood friends but nothing past that, so why don't you just give up on it?” 

    Something falls from the edge of my eyes slowly rolling down the hill of my face. To describe this pain you would need to actually have felt it first hand, the tingling sensation of your heart getting stabbed over and over again relentlessly while it falls down a slow wormhole. One that would never end. I run, run for the door running from someone, yet she's already at the door, blocking it. She almost just manifested there, or im a slow runner. I turned back to the couch, she’s gone from that couch, how the? 

    “I'M sorry okay! Maybe you’re right maybe im just nostalgic and only like you because of my childhood but you’re the same you hypocrite!” I yelled at her. I yelled with all my emotions I’ve had for her. I yelled for the time we were together, I yelled for my feelings. “I DO LIKE YOU I knew you were poor, so I worked to make money for when you came back. MY BACK IS NOW CROOKED from looking over these damn papers and you’re just going to say that I don't actually like you?”

    She stared at me intently. “Liar. you didn’t do it for me, if you did you wouldn’t have gone up to a random girl you couldn’t recognize and try to talk to her. You’ve already forgotten about me.”

    Silence.

    12:46 AM

    Oh

    So

    Silent.

    She looks angry.

    “I’m-i’m sorry.”

   

    A moment's pause.

   

    “I'm sorry too.”

    “Hey glasses? I'm a liar too.”

    “I know, you said you just came back here, yet this house looks dusty and is filled with your works.” Her head lays on my shoulder. It’s light, super light.

    “It's worse than that glasses.”

    “I don’t want to hear it. Not while I’m trying to understand everything.” her head lays on my chest now as we stare out the window together. I wanted to know earlier, too bad I thought ignorance was bliss.

    “I should get back my parents might worry. You want to go say Hello?”

    “Maybe tomorrow, right now I want to be alone again.” I nod, I open the door and turn back towards her. Sitting alone on a large couch in a large house. Lone.

    I walk forward still keeping an eye on her and I close the white door- wait brown? I hear a grandfather clock striking twice. I look towards the strikes.

 “oh welcome back where were you?” the young butler, my young butler. I turn around and open the door. It is to the front of the estate. I run to the grandfather clock and check the time. 

2:01

0