Chapter one
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Far off into the distance the loud jazz of the big city street plays, saxophone playing in awe supporting the big city look. Lights out in the streets quickly passing by big yellow, bright and proud. I stepped over a newspaper, on it I was only able to read the large headline: 1939 Germany has invaded! But that’s not the cause of my concern, Shes dragging me somewhere on short notice, her soft hands grip mine in a lock. Along with none of my questions having been answered. Someone can be heard yelling out and she drags me into an alleyway.

The fuzzy orange lights emit long shadows, her huffs along with my huffs as we hurry quickly along, 13 minutes. It's been 13 minutes of running but her legs come to a stop. as she throws me to the walls of the alleyway, the same person is still yelling getting ever closer. Her stature looming above my head, her hair, her ever long luscious hair making a curtain to block out any viewers as she leans in. The yells just down the alleyway, her minty aired breath huffing upon my face as goosebumps grow all over my arm. Her thumb pulls on my face to come closer. 

    "Au Voleur !" A man yells, yet we give no attention as her face melts into slime, the police officer continued yelling inaudible words as she turns. He grew completely quiet as his eyes blitzed around looking at her.

“Désolé, c’est de ma faute monsieur.” his eyes still absorbed onto her, but all i can see is her hair. Leveling down to her hips. Her head tilts to the left.

“je ne connais pas le français” A man’s voice comes out instead of a girl's. It didn’t come from the officer. My arms stiffen up, “What?” my weak voice comes out startling her. The police officer looks down at me  but she stands in his way blocking my view of him. The few minutes felt like my life was passing, but the police officer ran by. Her panting slowed as she turns to me. It was a monsieur, it was definitely a monsieur.

   

    She held my hand. It was soft, it was smaller than mine. She got on a little backpack, short tomboyish hair.We were off to make believe, standing just on top a hill overlooking the large forest.you can hear the birds try and socialize with each other, chirping. She points towards the mountain far in the back. 

    “One day that’ll be our lair! Understood glasses?” I nodded slowly. While coming to the realization she's crazy, yet her hands just kept me looking. Looking towards her “lair”.

“Why not a tree house..” as i asked that question a tightening grip burns my fingers. 

“B-Because its super far and hidden.'' her loud and vibrant voice turned to that of a meek whisper. Sometimes she acts more like a boy than I do. Some of the kids find it weird and stay away from her… but I think it's nice.

“B-but what if we get lost then?” she looks down at me and laughs. Loud and booming laughter. 

“UHAHA! I'm the master of navigation, glasses! Trust me I say! well.. you'll trust me right? SAY NO SAY NO SAY NO.

“Yes-” Oh you idiot! What have you done? her head looks larger now, her ego grew.. but yet.. She sounds so… believable. She sounds like me if I could just say what i want to do.

0