Chapter 1 – RUN!
975 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Huge trees sporting massive crowns enveloped the sky allowing sparse light to pass through.

Lush and overgrown vegetation filled the area. The forest floor looked dark and haunting.

Within this Ancient jungle, an eerie silence was felt as animals seemed afraid to come out in the open.

The silence was abruptly ended by the rustling of a bush within the undergrowth.

A figure suddenly rushed out of the bush dashing within the jungle.

Moments later, multiple figures followed after, jumping out of nearby bushes and chased after the figure who was running ahead.

The chase has been going on for miles with the pursuers not giving up even after losing dozens of their members. In fact, it seemed to have just made them more aggressive.

The prey of this chase was indeed quite unfortunate to have caught their attention.

When passing by a clearing in the forest, sunlight cleared up the shadows around the dark figure running away from his pursuers.

The figure turned out to be a young man holding onto his waist which was dripping with blood. He was panting heavily while his face twisted in pain as he ran for his life.

Glancing back for a second, he saw the figures still chasing after him.

Despair started to creep on him as he felt his chances of survival slipping out of his hands.

Quickly rummaging through his satchel, he had no luck in finding something that could help him escape this predicament. His mana was also depleted so he couldn't even scare them off. His condition accurately represented his health and stamina. Near bottom and declining steadily.

He was starting to lose hope of surviving out of this before faces of those he held dear started appearing in his mind.

Looking over everyone smiling at him rekindled his hope. He had to somehow survive it. Not just for himself but more so for them.

Though that hope was soon crushed when his foot got tangled with a root and he tumbled down to the ground.

He tried to roll back up to make a run but making a harsh crash into a tree stopped that venture completely.

He attempted to sit up but could only manage to lean on the tree with his back. He had probably bruised another rib or two in that crash as he could feel a dull pain in his chest.

Numerous growls snapped his attention to the encroaching group of those monsters.

'They would probably like to have a piece of him.' The young man thought while chuckling dryly at his disastrous situation.

He likely wouldn't be able to survive today. But getting eaten alive didn't feel like the most comfortable way to die.

Just overloading his body and exploding it from inside out looked a much better option.

Thinking about it now, the last few months would be considered tame compared to his current situation.

If someone told his past self just a year back that the world would be destroyed and he would have to fight monsters, he would have just ignored that person thinking it was nonsense.

The entire thing just happened suddenly and gave no time to properly react to the people. Thinking about it now, he was quite lucky compared to others in his circumstances.

Recalling the event that was the trigger behind it all.

He could remember that scene clearly even now,

It all started that fateful day.

21