Chapter 7 – Vanadis
326 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing her words, Noah had a multitude of reactions. First came wonder, then joy followed by annoyance.

His thoughts went from knowing mana exists to the possibility of one day wielding it then thinking that he can't even sense mana much less hoping to wield it. Unless there is confirmation he is capable of wielding it, it's better if he doesn't hope about it otherwise it will only depress him if he is found not capable of wielding it or being not talented or some other bs.

Seeing him like this, the lady restarted her speech from where she left.

"So, yes, Mana and all that related stuff are not really important right now as you likely learn all about it tomorrow. The really important stuff right now is for you to learn how to adapt to your new world and the challenges that come with it in the near future. An advice from me, cherish the next month of your life and try your best and hopefully, you will be able to survive till the next time we meet." She finished with a finality in her tone and looked straight into his eyes.

"But what do you mean will happen tomor-"

Feeling her gaze upon him, Noah stopped mid-way as he realized that he had finished his quota of questions. But he still felt indignant as there were even more questions in his mind than before this encounter. All this talk about universes, mana, danger in the coming future made him realize how helpless and weak he was despite knowing that he couldn't likely do a thing about it even if he was the wealthiest or most powerful person on Earth.

"So, Are you willing to accept my contract?" She asked in a dignified manner.

"Yes, I am. Although it is more like I don't have a choice. Before signing it though, can I know the specifics of the contract? I would really appreciate it if you do so.", Noah spoke calmly. The reason behind his calmness was all the discussion he did with the titan made him conclude that she was at least reasonable enough to withstand the presence of a heretic mortal who wasn't prostrating in front of its majesty and she most likely wasn't going to harm him at the moment.

"Well, The contract is basically me offering my bloodline as well as blessing in exchange for part of your records. Just remember the contract heavily favors your side and your records are just to complete the deal with them serving no purpose other than validation of the contract. As for records, I can't discuss it, all the previous talk with you was already stretching the restriction. Don't worry. You will learn about it on your own. Just know that acquisition of your records isn't detrimental to you."

Digesting all the information, one question came out on top. Why was she doing all this? There was no benefit at all on her side except a part of his records. Though he doubted his 'records' were anything significant or important compared to her 'bloodline' and 'blessing', those are important sounding words. He wasn't so delusional to believe that he was some main character with destiny or hidden power. Neither was he naive to think she was doing this out of the compassion of her heart. Not getting anywhere with this, he shoved it in the back of his head and decided to think about it later.

"How will we complete this contract? Is there something I need to speak and sign on some paper?"

"Merely giving your acceptance is enough. We are not doing any low-level contracts. It's a high-grade soul contract between two parties." she finished and closed her eyes for a moment and opened them a few seconds later.

The light present in her eyes was the brightest he had seen yet and slowly she spoke the words.

[ Are You Willing To Accept The Contract ]

The words came out slow but powerful with deep tones behind each and every word feeling otherworldly.

"YES, I am willing." Noah was prepared and replied in confirmation.

He kept his eyes peeled open in anticipation but a dozen seconds passed and nothing happened. Just as he was going to question her about it, the world suddenly shifted and Noah felt disoriented as if the axis of the world itself was tilted. He stabilized himself after a few seconds and looked towards the titan lady.

Meeting his gaze in intensity, she declared.

"It is done."

"Just like that." Noah was skeptical as he felt it was a bit lacking. He thought it would at least involve some flashy lights and explosions.

"Just like that." Though the lady was obviously having other thoughts.

"What now?"

"Now, you return back from where you came from."

"How?"

"Look around yourself." she said turning her gaze to a distant horizon.

Following her gaze, He saw a white curtain of light erupting and enveloping the world slowly encroaching their sides.

Gazing back at her, he saw her doing the same. Both stood in silence for few seconds before Noah spoke up.

"This isn't a question or anything. but just for curiosity, what would have you done if I had refused?"

Not breaking the eye contact, a smirk blossomed on her face.

"You would have gotten back the same. Do you really think If I have to choose someone to give my bloodline as well as my blessing, I wouldn't have done thorough research on him. You were chosen not just because of your compatibility and talents, but mostly because I like your personality."

Hearing her praise him, a similar smirk crossed Noah's face unknowingly.

"Though, it is still a bit rough on the edges and needs some real help in the willpower department. Also a bit of a narcissist..."

Every word of her was dealing blow after blow on his ego. His smirked wiped off ages ago and replaced with an ugly face gazing at his feet in shame. He was about to erupt in a fit of anger before hearing her words come to a stop. Looking upwards, he looked towards her to see a cocky smile sporting her face. His anger resurfaced at this humiliation and he was about to lash out before he was interrupted again.

"All that said, I know the person I have chosen. And it's no fun if you get a perfect package from the get-go so your flaws are just a plus in my opinion. Moreover, technically you are now part of my bloodline. So, um-what was the saying again? yes, You may be an asshole, but you are my asshole."

Noah felt his ego getting boosted back to the normal level and was about to thank her when-

"And it isn't like I cannot just take back my blessing when you start annoying me."

She said while shooting another smug grin at him.

'Seeing her face made me just want to punch her. Alas, the world doesn't work on my wants. I knew she was just playing with me, but something about her expression and her words just seemed to annoy the hell out of me. It was like she knew just the buttons to get a reaction out of me.'

Seeing the curtain of light approaching its end brought me out of it.

Looking at her once more, he didn't know what came to him but he spoke before he could reflect further on his thoughts.

"Thank you" He told sincerely and for the first time ever, he saw the lady taken back by his words as if she didn't expect it at all. But before he could gloat on his small victory, her expression shifted back to normal. His face showed utter disappointment at not being able to seize the opportunity fast enough.

"Since you at least hold the common decency to thank your benefactor for their generosity. I should at least give you a gift in return." the lady stated sarcastically.

"Remember not to get arrogant as you are just one of many who will get blessings from higher beings and there are plenty of people as talented as you out there in the world. As for my gift,..."

The curtain of light was moving to cover them both. She hesitated a little at the end. Seeing her hesitation, Noah became slightly impatient and urged her with his gaze to continue on as there was little time left.

Her gaze sharpened on his urging and what little hesitation was there dissipated like mist. Steeling herself, she stated

"Remember It Carefully Noah, My Name Is-"

The curtain of light enveloped the world.

12