Chapter 9 – Survival Tips 101
302 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shaun's Apartment 9:36 am

"So, you are saying that the world is ending and no one knows about it except you. Also, you were given this information in your dream by a God, am I correct? " Ava said stoically.

"You are grossly oversimplifying things and there are many inconsistencies but in general, yes, that is what I am saying." Noah sighed looking at his friends disbelieving faces or more accurately Shaun's face since Ava wasn't letting a single emotion out.

Well, he couldn't really blame them since if he were in their position, he would have first checked if they were playing April Fools on him. Though that would be a futile endeavor since they were well into August. Regardless, his first thought wouldn't be to panic after learning that the present society and world is doomed. He would obviously question their sanity first.

"Noah, I don't mean to sound rude but have you done drugs? You are not really helping your case even if you haven't with all your talks about the apocalypse and whatnot." Shaun added in a very oh-so-helpful manner.

Noah rolled his eyes upon hearing of his 'supposed' consumption of drugs.

"Look, I know it sounds all crazy and I wouldn't hold anything against you for not believing me. But just for a day, no, a couple of hours, just entertain my ideas. You don't have to believe me. Just help me prepare a bit in cas-"

"Hey, I would definitely like to believe in you if you just for a second come back down to earth. If I were not your best friend and was habituated to join your fantasies, I would have called the cops on you from the very moment you walked into my flat with your "doomsday gear"."

"Come on Ava, don't just sit there, let him have it. Tell him how crazy he sounds right now." Shaun said with an exasperated expression and then looked towards Ava for follow-up.

Instead, he was left ignored with Ava looking daggers at Shaun for ten long seconds before she opened her mouth.

"I am Crazy"

"Ava, I know I look like a crazy right now but just try to lis- Wait. what did you just say? " Noah stopped mid-speech upon registering her statement. He had a confused look on his face and seeing Shaun exhibit the same expression made him realize he wasn't hearing things.

Both of them were just waiting for Ava now to clarify what she meant by that.

"I am saying I believe what Noah said is true." Ava said while looking like she was starting to doubt her own existence for agreeing with him aka 'crazy person'.

"what?" "What!" Both of them had the same response albeit with very different tones.

"Ava, I didn't expect you, of all people to agree with this bastard. And here I thought Noah was the craziest I had to face today."

"I am not telling you that what he says is completely true. What am I trying to say is that he may have a point." Ava explained seeing the incredulous looks adorning the boy's faces.

"What point, if I may ask. You may as well tell us instead of just letting us hanging here with no clue." Shaun sarcastically replied in kind.

Ava had a pondering look on her face as she tried to lay out her thoughts slowly.

"The thing is, I would have had the same reaction as you if it were any other day. Except it isn't. He wasn't the only one who had a weird dream last night."

"What do you mean? " Noah couldn't help but voice out his question. He knew he wasn't the only one who had an encounter like that according to 'her'. He just wasn't expecting to meet someone like that so soon. Especially with that someone being Ava whom he knew personally.

"Although I didn't have an encounter with a God with the said god offering me powers to combat some unknown forces of evil" She said amusedly looking towards Noah who responded with an eye roll at her choice of words.

"I did have some strange visions. Though they were not particularly clear and were fragmented in nature."

"What did you see in those 'visions'?"

"Now see here is where it starts to get weird. I saw us three in a medieval town wearing medieval-looking clothes eating medieval-looking foods." She said seriously looking at both of them.

"Was there any more medieval-looking thing you forgot to mention?"

Words dripping with sarcasm came out of Shaun's mouth. But somehow it failed to get noticed by Ava or maybe she herself was well aware of how ridiculous the whole situation was.

"It just gets even weirder. The next vision involved us three moving in a jungle decked in leather gear with swords, bows, and arrows. Then it jumps to us hunting beasts and bringing it back to the same town."

"So you are saying that this dream you had of us living the ideal 'medieval' life is somehow related to the dream he had about meeting a god and being told that the world is ending?"

Again his words were ignored which just incensed him further.

"If it was just those visions, I wouldn't mention it here. The weirdest part of it all is that I somehow, someway know my visions are from the future." Ava said with such utter confidence that if what she said little less crazy, they would have truly believed her.

"So, right now I am here sitting here with two people out of which one formed a contract with devil face who is apparently a titan, in his dream and other is a seer getting visions from the future, also in her dream." Shaun said with the most exasperated look he had ever seen him with.

"Should I be worried that I am the only one left out of this fever dream trend? All that is left now is for you two to join together and start summoning devils and doing witchcraft." After saying this, he got up to get away from the two crazies and went straight to the kitchen to prepare his breakfast since he was exhausted by the nonsense those two were spewing nonstop.

Whilst preparing his breakfast, he forgot to ask if they were also joining in. Heading back to his living room, he stopped in his tracks right at the entrance.

His left eyebrow twitched at the sight of Noah and Ava whispering to each other nonstop with an almost fanatical look.

Wanting to have nothing to do with those two he turned back at the very moment, but before he was halfway out he heard the dreaded voices.

""Shaun""

A chill went up his spine hearing the tone of their voices, he slowly turned back to face them.

"Yes?"

""Help us, please!"" Both of them requested sincerely.

Seeing those two, he knew with a single look that they were adamant about this and thus left with no choice, he sighed in resignation.

"Fine"

Both of them cheered like children at their win. Noah waved to Shaun to get closer.

Moving towards them, Shaun asked the obvious question.

"What is the plan?"

"We follow Survival tips 101" Noah answered back after sharing a glance with Ava.

"Do you mind detailing what these tips are since some of us aren't prepared enough to deal with a zombie apocalypse or nuclear doomsday."

"Ava" Noah offered Ava the opportunity since she was clearly the better speaker out of those two.

"See, there are three things we absolutely need in such situations. Food, Shelter & Clothes. We have the Shelter part completed as we could just use mine. It is more spacious and is frankly a much better option location-wise. We can just prepare Food and Clothes right now. Thankfully, Noah has come well prepared." She said while pointing at the travel backpack and shopping bags placed on the couch.

"Now all we have to do is help you and I get packed up, then we hole up in my mansion and wait it out."

"That's your plan. Holing up in your mansion while looking like we packed for a vacation."

"I mean, there isn't much else we could do. We don't have enough information. We don't know when and how is it going to happen. Only a vague confirmation that it is going to happen today."

"Fair enough. But be sure to remember that this is the first and last time I'm going along with your whims. If nothing happens, I won't be joining you again in the future acting like preppers. Understood."

They nodded back. Though all of them knew those were just empty words, they acted as if it was the first time Shaun said something like this, without showing any indication at all that this kind of scenario had happened dozens of times before.

"And before we start, We are having breakfast. You two should quickly join me at the table." Shaun stood up from his seat and headed back while beckoning to the duo.

The trio headed towards the kitchen to have their last meal in the old world.

11