Chapter 17 – Specs off
207 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room was quiet in the early morning. The trio was deep in their sleep.

Suddenly, a rooster crowed signaling the arrival of sunrise.

The morning rooster call brought Noah out of sleep.

Opening his eyelids, he looked to see the room half-lit. Ava and Shaun were still sleeping.

He felt oddly energized just like yesterday. In fact, it was even better than yesterday. He sat upon his bed and feeling his body, heaved a sigh of relief. Despite what he said to Shaun last night, there was still a possibility he could be wrong but thankfully he was right about the potion.

He stood up and stretched his body which made cracking sounds that felt comfortable to his being. He thought to try to take a walk to vent all the energy and also see if he could find something new.

Putting on his specs, he went to dress up but something immediately stood out to him.

His vision was blurry. He took out his sunglasses to wipe them with his shirt. Then he realized a very odd thing. His vision cleared up when he put off his glasses.

Putting it on again, the same thing happened and his vision blurred. He put them off and everything became clear in his vision. He repeated the same thing over and over again to confirm if it was real.

It looked almost comical seeing him putting his glasses on and off again and again.

The whole thing seemed unreal. Now, he knew this shouldn't be too surprising to him now but one thing one fails to realize is seeing something extraordinary happen and experiencing one yourself along with feeling its effects on your body has way too big of a difference.

Pulling up his status screen, he was greeted with few notifications.

[Rejuvenation Potion consumed: Body has been restored to its optimal form. All negative afflictions removed.]

Perception +0.2 Endurance +0.1

[Status]

Name: Noah

Race: Human(F) - LVL 1

Profession: N/A

Status: Healthy - (Buff: Energized) [Blessing: Universal Tongue (Limited)] [Blessing of the Titanos Ragnarok]

Talent: [Intelligent] [Focused Mind]

Stats

Strength: 1.3

Agility: 1.1

Vitality: 1.2

Constitution: 1.2

Endurance: 1.2

Perception: 1.1

Intelligence: 1.6

Wisdom: 1.4

Willpower: 1.5

Skills: N/A

(Energized: Body is fully energized and active. Boosts Endurance for a short time.)

Noah almost yelled in delight but managed to stop himself at the last moment. Looking over both the sleepy heads, he saw they were not roused from their sleep. He would feel bad if he woke them up from their rest.

He threw the glasses back at his bed and looked at himself. He still couldn't believe he could see clearly without glasses. You could obviously undergo an eye surgery to remove the need for specs but despite the advanced technology, it wasn't perfect and had a tendency to need to redo the surgery many times over the years.

So, he chose not to do it and was thinking in his mind that he would need his glasses lifelong but fate seemed to have something else for him. I mean, you could only see this sort of scene in movies, specifically involving certain spider-themed character as far as he knew. He could also see that his belly which could be described as sticking out a bit had also thinned a little.

Overall, he felt better. He changed into his sports clothes and moved out of the room. Coming up on the ground floor, he saw Miss Florelle standing there as usual. At this point, he didn't know if she also slept there as he had hardly seen her somewhere else.

He greeted her politely since she was taking care of them and was also providing lodging free of cost. Quest or not.

"Morning, Miss Florelle"

"Morning, ....mm, I didn't get your name yesterday. " Miss Florelle greeted back.

"Noah, Miss" He replied politely.

"Noah, that's a good name. You look quite better today. It seems the Rejuvenation potion really deserves its fame as the beauty potion." She continued with her eyebrows raised.

"I thought you would be asleep at this time and I would have to wake you up along with all of the visitors."

"Why would you have to wake us up this early?" Noah asked curiously.

"I didn't tell this yesterday since many of were not looking fine at that time but you are ordered to be present at the training camp located at the northmost point of the town in an hour from now. After all, visitors are generally brought to complete their Rite of Awakening." She explained.

"If you don't mind me asking, does this happen often? Also, can you tell me about the Rite? You can see how clueless we are about all this." Noah asked seeing the precious opportunity to get some information.

"Of course not, dear. Let me see, this generally happens every few years with each lasting from six months to a year. Typically, only a dozen people come. Yours was quite a special group. Having thousands of people come at once. Even the Knight Order got involved this time." She continued.

"Normally, just the normal guards oversee the training and maybe a knight or two will supervise it. As for the Rite, I have heard it from Rylee but seeing you totally ignorant about the Rite really says you lot have come from another Plane. One undergoes the Rite of Awakening after reaching LVL 5 in their Race and Awaken their souls. "

He nodded to her. His conjecture about the Soul awakening was confirmed and he also found that the requirement was to reach LVL 5 in Race.

"Better hurry and wash yourself up. The washrooms are located along that hallway. Be sure to wear the clothes we have provided. I should head now to wake everyone up." She said pointing to the backside of the hall.

"Thank you and one more thing, which direction is the field?"

"Just head left after exiting the Inn and head straight in that direction."

"Sure, Goodbye Miss Florelle."

He rushed along the hallway after saying that and soon came upon two doors each located on one side of the hallway. Opening the left one, he confirmed it to be the washroom. After all, where else can you find urinals with running water.

Instead of heading towards the urinals, he entered one of the compartments on the side and locked the door with the latch present there. A few minutes went by and Noah came out with a relieved expression on his face.

Initially, he was quite hesitant to go to the washroom here but he was quite amazed to see there was a mechanical flush system. Along with probably the most beneficial object he could ever find. There was a holder fixed to the wall containing a shower bidet sprayer. Its appearance was quite different and was quite bulky but functioned almost the same. He just didn't expect to see this here. All he had to do was hold it tight to spray water. Also, the toilet seat dries on its own after use so he just had to sit and do his job and it would take care of rest.

Rushing to his room upstairs, he opened the door with a bang. Shaun and Ava were startled by the noise and jumped out of their bed half-awake.

"WAKE UP!" Noah yelled while looking around for the packets.

"What!? Noah.. what are you doing? The sunrise has not even happened yet." Ava said drowsily looking out of the window to see the dark sky.

Shaun also was going to say something but he stopped abruptly and his eyes widened as he touched his right shoulder.

Noah didn't notice his friend's action and continued to speak.

"We need to get ready soon. Wash up and wear the clothes we got yesterday." He said hurriedly and went for his packets.

"At least explain why do we need to get ready." Ava asked becoming fully awake now.

"The Knights ordered the Initiates to gather at a training camp in an hour. Hurry up, we don't have time." Noah said giving directions for the washroom.

The Ava nodded and rushed ahead to the washroom after hearing his words while Shaun just stood there rotating his shoulders.

Looking at his friend's action, Noah said with a knowing smile.

"The potion's something, isn't it. How much stats did it give you? I got 0.1 in Endurance and 0.2 in Perception. Look, my specs are gone." Noah pointed at his face for Shaun to look at.

Shaun heard his words and realized Noah wasn't wearing his glasses. Checking his own Status, he was surprised by the notifications.

"I just got 0.3 in Vitality." Shaun replied dazed.

"Well, no surprise there. You don't look like you need any more optimization of your body. You were already jacked enough." Noah said nodding to himself. He then reminded Shaun.

"You should move now or we will be late."

Heeding his words, Shaun made a beeline towards the washroom. There was a big smile on his face all along the way.

Noah went back to tearing the packets open. He took out the cotton clothes which included a sleeveless shirt and pants reaching just below the knee. They were slightly rough to touch but otherwise were perfectly fine.

Quickly changing his clothes, he checked his phone to listen to some music. Thank god they brought solar chargers with them.

Ava came back to the room in a minute and headed to the bedroom straight after grabbing her packet.

Shaun followed in a minute and quickly took out his packet to change his clothes.

A few minutes after that, Ava came out fully dressed. She was wearing similar clothes but they were slightly feminine in appearance and the shirt was short-sleeved.

"I forgot to ask. Which stats of yours got increased?"

"What stat?" She said with a bewildered look.

"Check your statu-" He just started saying before being interrupted by a shout.

"Woah! I got 0.1 in both Agility and Perception" She exclaimed seeing the notifications.

Noah sighed looking at the careless girl. He waited for her to read through it and finally checked to see if they were ready.

"Let's go" Noah said once confirmed leading the group down the stairs and outside the Inn.

"Do you know the way to the camp?" Ava asked taking large strides to keep up with their fast walk.

"I asked Miss Florelle." Noah answered and sped up the pace to reach there early. He didn't want to arrive at the last moment. He could talk with the knights there in the extra time.

The trio headed towards the training camp.

11