19. Wargame 3
145 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the stage in front of adventurer's guild, there are two men standing, a god and his child, they are Ibari and Ganesha, Ibari looked at hundreds of people who gathered at place and watching the game through screen created by Hermes power, the game hasn't started yet,many people are gossiping about the game and many things Ibari cleared his throat and started explaining rules of game to people,

"Listen up folks, this game is going to be a siege type battle where one side is defensive and other on offensive. The defensive side is the familia which protects its castle, while offensive side try to siege it. The game rules are simple , if commander of defensive side survives for 3 days, the game will over , the defensive side will win. If the defensive side kills the commander of offensive side,they will win. The only way for offensive side to win is to kill the commander or destroy of other familia. In this game ,since there are very few members in hestia familia they are allowed to procure one member to fight on their side from outside of orario, this member name is "Roy Laurier"  and Hestia familia is on offensive while Apollo familia is on defensive that's all. Ganesha sama, do you have anything to say"(Ibari)(excited)

"I am Ganesha, aha aha aha"(Ganesha)

After the explanation all the audience looked at screen enthusiastically.

=============on the battlefield===========

Roy POV:-

All of us have come here to the wargame, the game is going to start in 20 minutes. All of them except Bell are looking nervous. Welf suddenly asked,

"What's the plan?"(Welf)

"Roy ?"(Bell)

All of them turned their heads towards me,behind my mask I smiled and replied,

"Attack head on!"(Roy)

"Are you serious?"(Welf)

Mikoto frowned and asked,

"We are only five members, how can we attack head against a familia with more than 200 members, you have shown your magic last time , they might have taken some sort of  precaution against you, not to mention that they also have a sturdy castle , they have elven archers on their walls they might shoot us down, it's plainly suicide if we follow your idea"(Mikoto)(deep frown)

Roy didn't say anything after listening to Mikoto, he just turned towards Bell as if asking something,Bell glanced at Roy and turned his eyes towards rest of teammates and said,

"I know it will be difficult but we don't have any other choice and Roy, your plan isn't just that,right?"(Bell)

"Yes"(Roy)

"Okay then please continue"(Bell)

"Bell,Welf and Mikoto will separate from us first and attack three places on walls which I point out with magic Swords and after the wall breaks you directly enter into the castle and start wreaking everything. I need Lili for something , I want to use her transformation ability to make an advantage"(Roy)

"Walls of castle are extremely sturdy,we have only four magic Swords, one for fire,one for water,one for wind and last one is thunder , I am confident in my sword',s ability but are you sure that this plan will work out? time is every important in this plan, if the walls are more sturdy than you imagine them to be,it will take more time to destroy the walls and in the meanwhile we might get ambushed by archers!"(Welf)(serious)

"Yes, don't worry about it I have skill with which I can sense the weaker portion of wall"(Roy)

Of course it's bullshit, I don't have any skill like that, but I want them to believe me, still I can find out the weak points because I am an engineer who has studied multiple courses,one of them is civil engineering where I studied about architecture and construction.

Danmachi world is mainly like medieval period in Europe, the structures also resemble it somewhat, despite the dizzying diversity in medieval castles,there were three primary types of castles:Motte and bailey castles,stone keep castles and concentric castles.They castle in which Apollo familia is staying is a simple version of stone keep castle,one of the notable feature of these castles was the impressive thickness of walls, but it requires accurate measurements and geometry to build a perfect and impenetrable stone keep castle but as a qualified engineer I can say that the castle in front of me is constructed especially for wargame, so its made sloppy and has loop holes, in some places, the stone is thicker and in some places it's thinner and many more. There are currently two advantages for us, the biggest advantage is the weakest point of stone keep's ,it is the entrance, the gate of castle or rather the area surrounding the gate, it is always delicate , once we destroy the surroundings of gate, due to the sloppy construction the gate will have a chance to collapse under it's own weight , if it didn't ,then I can use my magic or something to do the job, the other advantage is adaptability,  Apollo familia hasn't been in the castle for long so they haven't adapted to the structure completely, it gives us a relief because primarily stone keep's can have huge ass fortifications which make them impregnable , since they didn't completely adapt to the castle they don't know its advantages. Overall by the look of castle, it's wall and the enemy's formation, I can find out the weak points,  currently we are almost 500m away from castle by a tree and stone, I can sense the structure through my Kenbunshoku haki, one I go further I can get even more advantages, it is not exactly necessary for me to think these many things, in the canon, Ryuu lion just charged directly with magic Swords but now I want to take this entire game on my shoulders because I want to show my skills and gain AP from masses, so I have to plan everything thoroughly.

"Roy sama!!"(lili)

"What???"(Roy)

"it looks like you immersed in your own world"(lili)

"Ok, sorry about that"(Roy)

I turned towards everyone and said,

"Guys, please believe me, my plan will definitely work , I also don't like Bell joining Apollo familia,  he is my friend and I want to go adventuring with him to the dungeons, and get stronger "(Roy)(determined)

Bell,Welf, lili nodded and after hesitating for a bit Mikoto also nodded, Roy turned to Welf,

"Welf, give your thunder magic sword to Bell, keep your your fire and water Swords to yourself and give wind sword to lili, all of you follow me to 250m from the castle before we separate"(Roy)

"Ok"(Everyone)

As I verified my plan, we started running towards the castle 

10m,

50m,

100m,

150m,

200m,

250m,

"Welf attack the right portion,75m northeast from here, Bell attack the left portion,  90m northwest side of castle from here, mikoto and lili come with me, now

disperse and charge!!!!!"(Roy)

[+12AP from Oranos]

[+30AP from Freya]

[+60AP from Mobs of Freya familia]

[+170AP from random Mobs]

[+78AP from Hephaestus]

[+243AP from Hestia]

Looks like these people know what I am going to do. I got AP even from oranos, it looks like he willingly let some holes open, this bastard of a scheming god! I will get him one day.

Bell and Welf rushed towards their sites, this castle is on the bank of a river , the archers on the wall are divided into 3 portions, archers guarding west wall,east wall and southern wall along with gate, while the north most wall is facing river, with our pathetic numbers we can't hope to use any tactics on water so there are hardly any guarding it. I didn't mindlessly ordered them to charge , the archers on the side Bell went are from elf tribe and cat people,  the reason I told him to attack is lack of coordination in the opponents, elves are a haughty tribe who look down on eeveryone and have a superiority complex, even though there is a great equality of races in Orario but there are some internal conflicts happen from time to time, in this case Apollo simply used underhanded means to get people in his familia like he did with Cassandra, Daphne and now Bell, so there is no real unity or comradire between opponents,  we can use this as an advantage, elves are good at magic and archery,while cat people are trained in these fields but very few have talent in it, if they attack individually or might become difficult but now that they are together, their battle style leave many  openings, Bell's main strength is not his strength but his speed and technique along with his magic spell which make him a formidable opponent, he can easily handle these lvl1 and lvl2 Mobs. Coming to Welf, he went to the place where wall is thinner and lowest number of archers are present, but the archers are mainly elves who have a feud with magic Swords, I don't know what happened exactly because the canon didn't explain it clearly yet,but we can use this as an advantage because Welf has house name crozzo which makes magic Swords,  he himself is carrying magic Swords once those eccentric elves see them,they will become enraged at start to attack him without thinking rationally, welf is not the sharpest tool in the shed but his intelligence is quite good, I am sure he can identify my intention, the only trouble he may face is Daphne Lauros,her strength is not as strong as Cilo but she has some decent skills and a magic spell [Ramure] which increases her endurance and largely agility,  its efficiency depends on magic stat, but it's useful if you ask me. That is the reason I asked him to take 2 magic Swords as an assurance. To be fair, I and Bell can easily win this little game but I decided to give everyone a chance to improve themselves because these people are valuable allies and may become my subordinates in the future, I want them to build a trust for me in their hearts. As I was about to enter the range of archers on the wall at southern edge and entrance gate, I suddenly stopped, lily and mikoto were also stupefied by my halt and turned their heads towards me and asked,

"What, why did you stop?"(Mikoto)(annoyed)

"Roy sama?"(lili)(confused)

I transferred my haki to vocal chords and tried to increase my voice as loud as I can, and shouted towards direction of castle,

"All the Apollo dogs ,listen to me,

sweet as sugar,

hard as ice,

hurt me once,

I'll kill you twice,

Bell, Welf kill them with kindness and bury them with a smile,

as long as you don't die, you can do everything  you want because 

'What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger' and lastly to Apollo pig's, my condolences, may  Gods  have mercy on you, because to I don't, 

FROM HERE BEGINS THE  BATTLE,

THERE WILL BE NO APOLLO FAMILIA IN THIS WORLD AFTER THIS BATTLE!!!"( Roy, )

1