Chapter 1- While One Door Closes, Another Opens
500 11 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey, why are you even inviting me out, Sakura?” I asked my junior beside me, her cheerful pink eyes looked up at me and said “it’s a secret!” while giggling.

 

A sharp, piercing scream rang into the air, before I could even see what was going on, I felt a sudden pain appear on my chest.

 

“Ah-”

A knife cut into my body like it was tofu, I turned to my friends I brought out for lunch, but how did it end like this? My knees crumpled, my vision darkened.

 

“Eden-senpai!! Oh god, are you okay?”

 

“I-it’s fine, Sakura, I’m a reliable senpai, a-aren’t I? It hurts but, I-I’ll never leave you alone.” I coughed, blood was slowly flowing out of the wound on my chest, I’m going to die here, I know it, I think Sakura knows it too.

 

“H-hey, what did you want to t-tell me?” I asked my junior, before passing on, I want to know what was so special that I had to take a day off work.

 

She took out a piece of paper from her bag and showed it to me, ah...it was a job promotion to a senior position, that’s amazing, truly what I expected from someone as hardworking as her.

 

“T-that’s great, I’m proud of you, Sakura.” I stammered,  my vision was already darkening, before I closed my eyes for one final time, my life ended with the sound of my reliable junior crying and screams of a crowd.

 

“That was unfortunate, wasn’t it?” 

 

I heard a childlike voice say in the endless darkness, I turned to see a small, green-haired boy to my left, his expression showed happiness and a hint of boredom.

 

“Nice to meet you! I’m Ouron, God of the World Cycle.” He said as he held out a hand to shake, I accepted and introduced myself.

 

“H-hello, my name is Eden Takahashi, who are you? What happened to me?” I asked the childish god in front of me. He started dancing as if he was in the middle of a field of flowers. He looked at me once again to answer my question.

 

“In short, you died, and I took pity on you like the kind god I am and I want to give you a choice, your life ended too early, and I happen to be able to transport souls between worlds.”

 

Ouron reached out to me with both hands, one shone with a green light while the other shone with red, even though he didn’t tell me what they meant, I just knew. The one in green would reincarnate me into another world, while the one in red would let my soul pass on into the afterlife, without a single doubt in my mind, I chose the one with reincarnation, I died too early, I don’t know what kind of world I’ll go to, but I want to live again.

“Nice choice, well, I don’t expect you to be able to handle this world on your own, I’ll bestow upon you one of my blessings to protect you.” 

 

What is this, some sort of light novel? I swear, I’ve seen this exact plot in millions of novels I read as a kid.

 

[Gaining Skill: “Blessing of Ouron: Blade of God”

 

Light shone in front of Ouron, and I appeared in the middle of a forest. A blade by my side, a video game-like window appeared in front of me.

 

[STATS]

[Name: Eden]

[Age: 19(32)]

[Title: “Swordswoman Sent by Ouron”]

[Ability: “Blessings of Ouron: Blade of God” “Future Sight”]

[Rank: Low Ranked Mythical]

[STATUS]

[Hunger: 10000/10000]

[Thirst: 10000/10000]

 

How do I do this...I’ve read a few of these types of novels as a child, but I’m not in some large kingdom, I’m just in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of some forest.

 

Not before long, I heard the first sounds I had heard since dying in the previous world, the crash of a waterfall, my survival instincts quickly kicked in and I walked over to the direction where the sound was coming from.

 

The only words I could use to describe this sight was...beautiful, I don’t even know how to begin to describe this view, beautiful flowers to my right, colors ranging from pink to blue, some animals which I didn’t recognize, but looked absolutely out of the world to my left, and in the middle of my sight was a large waterfall crashing from a peak too far to see.

 

Thank god for the high hunger and thirst stats, I would never want to taint this image with blood by killing these beautiful animals, I heard a rustle to my back, but I ignored it to admire the view.

 

It got louder, and louder until I couldn’t ignore it. I turned behind to see what all the fuss was about and saw a gigantic white wolf with red eyes, it was about the size of a small truck, my hands instinctively moved to the sword at my waist, ready to attack but I waited.

 

The creature only came closer and closer, going straight for me. How did I know? Our eye contact never broke since they met, its blood red eyes seem to bore right into my soul.

 

I finally  unsheathed the blade by my side, the sword looked beautiful, blade with red designs of roses on it, though it was the most beautiful thing I’ve seen in this world, which isn't saying much, I reincarnated a few minutes ago, but I have to focus on the problem at hand.

 

To my surprise, the wolf spoke, not in the conventional sense though, I saw its mouth move, but what I was hearing wasn’t matching what I was seeing, his mouth was moving when there was silence, and vice versa.


“Why are you here? Didn’t I tell the other human that came to tell the other humans to never come again? Or are you a lone adventurer that happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, answer me, human.”

What should I do? Do I answer? Do I attack? Before I could even come to a decision, my body moved on its own and brought down the blade on the wolf’s neck, though it hit the target, it didn’t even cut through the skin, I backed off after I landed back on the ground, this guy wasn’t meant to be messed with, at least by someone of my level.

 

“You are stronger than most humans, you might actually be the strongest one I know, no human should be able to even cut through the magical barrier around me, tell me, what is your name?” The giant wolf asked me, I finally regained control of my body and sheathed my sword, I bowed and introduced myself.

 

“My name is Eden, a lone adventurer, I have lived my whole life in the wilderness, I have simply wandered here after a long hike, nice to meet you.” 

 

The wolf went down to his knees and introduced himself.

 

“I am Garmr, also known as the guard dog of hell, I guess, that’s what you humans call me, I do not want to kill such a reasonable and powerful human, I’ve never seen one like you in near a thousand years.”

 

“Reasonable? All I have done is stopped attacking and introduced myself. I have not met any other humans before but I find it hard to believe a gesture such as this is rare.”

 

“Maybe it’s best that you don’t meet any humans, they think they’re so superior when they have the lowest magical cell count of any species, I don’t even know how they didn’t go extinct.”

 

From what Garmr is saying, I don’t want to meet any humans, humans in this world sound horrible, weak too.

 

“May I request something from you, Garmr?” I knelt, to show respect, something he probably wasn't expecting from a human such as I, “I am still unfamiliar with civilization, could you help guide me through it?”


“I can sense your potential from that one strike, I cannot see your skill window, but I want to see how you develop, I will assist you, but only as a guide, any battles you get into will be decided by you and you alone.”

 

I thanked Garmr and went back up to ask a question that he probably wasn't expecting.

 

“So...where am I?”

 

The words from the one wolf, one who was going to play a significant role in my new journey in this unbelievable world, stuck with me, I want to see more of this world, this is my second chance at life, and I want to take advantage of it.

15