008 Of Little Help
296 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After several minutes  the sounds of struggle were punctuated by the soft thud of the Paksi's body as it collapsed into the dirt, not making another sound. There was a short silence where it seemed as though nothing dared to make a sound, but then it was shattered with the mournful cries of the baby Paksi as it nuzzled its mother over and over again in the hopes to let her move once again, but it was in vain.

Neidr frowned and slowly lifted his eyelids, he dragged his stiff body off of the tree and broke off another branch. He waited a moment and poked the body of the Paksi waiting for any reaction. He did this for a few minutes before nodding to himself. He carefully  unfastened his belt from around the Paksi's throat and threw on his pants, dressing himself. 

Neidr stumbled over to the grape vine he had seen when he first rushed into this forest. He crushed the grapes and slathered them across the deep wounds in his shoulder and chest, as well as the ragged and torn flesh of his feet.

He grabbed a handful of grapes and stuffed them into his mouth as he stumbled off towards the road, ignoring the persistent cries of the baby Paksi. 

Looking to either side once he got to the road, Neidr was suddenly lost. He had not been paying much attention when he had been walking, rather, he had just been forcing himself forward with every step. Neidr could only curse his own luck, or perhaps his own carelessness. He had been headed down the path, but didn't quite know how far away the academy was. Now he didn't know which way to go. In the end, Neidr could only cast an empty guess and head down the road.

It was not easy to walk, but walk he did. Neidr had only gone a mile or two when he started to get lightheaded and dizzy. Far away things seemed close, and close things seemed far away. However, none of that really mattered, since he stumbled upon a familiar crashed carriage. The harness was busted or chewed through. The carriage had lost a wheel and the side that was facing the sky had been utterly shattered. Busted pottery had been strewn all across the road. A young blond haired girl with patchwork clothing was chasing a Reckler to and fro.

This sight made Neidr stumble and nearly collapse. It had not been a good day. He was hungry and in pain. Now he was dizzy, and the world was swirling around him. Seeing that he had gone the wrong way tore at his mind.

The more he thought about it, the more tired he felt. He thought about stopping and resting for a while. The thought really started to conquer his consciousness. Realizing the fate that awaited him, if he were to break now, Neidr screamed out in frustration and anger. He turned around and began to walk one step at a time. This didn't last long, however. 

Just thirty steps in, he started to hear the sound of something galloping behind him. When he looked back, all Neidr could see was a Rackler charging straight at him, while a panic ridden Blond haired girl chased the thing futilely.

 
8