Ch 11: Resting
87 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So do we lose our chance to refuse the duke’s requirements?”

Moonlit: “Yes, seem to be like that”

Venta: “…Ha~ heal the Dark Magenta poison? Isn’t it famous for being an incurable poison?”

Moonlit: “…” He had no comment about this topic.

Venta: “Leave that aside, What about Demon Lord?”

Moonlit went silently for a few seconds.

Moonlit: “How should I put it?” Moonlit pondered for a while then continued, “Nothing really happen according to the rumor among the knights, the rescue teams fought with low-level demons along the way as if it was a trick, prepare for them by Demon Lord to delay their time. When they finally arrived in the castle, Demon Lord wasn’t there, the castle was empty. Therefore, the rescue teams returned with the empty hand. The Novaculata’s Knights that survived raised a lot of suspicion from the rescue teams as well as the royalty that they were purposely hiding me, and questioned what their intention on me was. To sum up, Demon Lord disappears, no one knows his new whereabouts and I cause quite a lot of troubles for Brother Lumen…”

Venta nodded his head as a sign, he received the information.

Venta stared down at his wing, he blankly said:

“Don’t you miss your parents, Moonlit?”

Moonlit: “…”

Moonlit peered at the small bird fondly, he petted the bird ocean blue hair gently: “I miss them but when I hear from knights that Demon Lord already leave the castle, something is off, I’m sure Demon Lord must be up for something, I don’t feel good about that moreover…” Moonlit’s eyes were cold and motionless, “…if I go back to the Sun and Moon Palace, I will be under protection. I don’t want that, I want to properly pay back what the Demon Lord had done to me one-by-one, I have to become stronger and can stand on my own to do so”

Venta peeked up to see Moonlit expression and what he saw made him sigh softly. It seemed Moonlit had already made up his mind.

Would this make a change to the original plot?

Venta: “Only three days have passed, yet you already figure out many things by yourself, you grow a lot, Moonlit”

When Moonlit heard Venta’s words, his eyes shined brightly, he was delightful. Venta didn’t oppose his choice but supported him. He couldn’t help but be relieved. He had the courage to move on.

Moonlit: “So you take a rest, tomorrow we will go to check on knights”

Venta nodded his head, he wasn’t completely recovered yet so resting was very important for his current state.

Moonlit left the room happily. Venta sighed lightly, Moonlit should remain positive like now forever, THAT Moonlit from the book, he had to do anything to prevent it from happening.

Venta laid down flat on the bed, the sun poured through the window, illuminated the whole room, Venta inhaled the smell of the sunlight deeply into his lung then he exhaled it. His mind was tranquil and clear.

He was no longer a human and no longer on the earth. He was now in the world of the book yet a real-world, all characters became living beings. He used to think magic was just a fantasy, however, his current body proved to him that magic was real. Whatever it was, his priority was to remain the same, his and Moonlit’s survival came first.

While he was reading the story <<My Only Beautiful Moonlit>>, he found it boring, distressing and the worst one was complicated.

Yep, Complicated. He wondered why the writer made the story so complicated, even though he finished it, he didn’t feel satisfied at all, instead, he felt rampage.

The complicated parts weren’t about Moonlit, but it was the MLs. They were cunning, wickedness, crazy and hopeless, yet they were all-powerful individuals. The power held in their hands was a real deal, couldn’t easily mess with any of them. But why the heck all of these crazy guys chase after Moonlit, four men chased after one person, did it make sense?

The reason was too simple,  just because of Moonlit’s beauty, it was impossible. There must be something else that the writer didn’t’ disclose. He was better checked on Moonlit tomorrow, and he was also worried about the side effect of the drug that the demon forced Moonlit to consume.

Honestly, he looked forward to what he was going to discover tomorrow, it might be the biggest reason for Moonlit’s miserable life and might be also the trump card used to flip everything upside down.

Venta might know the story from the beginning to the end but it was just a book, a paper that had a letter on it. Each second of time of the real world could change the original plot, he couldn’t control that, regardless of that, at least, he had information which was the biggest advantage for him if he could make use of it effectively.

For instance, nobody knew that this stray bird was connected with the Lumen’s sister, Laura Novaculata. This part, he also almost missed it, it was described carelessly by the dear writer, just only one sentence after Laura passed away, <<Laura’s illness couldn’t be cured unless you bring the small bird in the Demon Lord’s Nightfall Castle back to life>>, that’s it!!!

The key of the big plot twist of the whole story was described in one sentence (¬‿¬)…

Laura Novaculata, Who was she?

She was Lumen Novaculata’s body and soul, in other words, Lumen Novaculata’s everything. Yep, Lumen Novaculata had sister-complex, a maximum level at that. He couldn’t live without her, but if she told him to live, of course, he was going to live even he had a bullet in his skull or he was cripple, her wish was his priority.

Damn it, because of this, before she was gone, she was worried when she heard about the Moonlit disappearance, they were close, it wasn’t strange that she wanted Moonlit to be safe thus she wished for her brother, Lumen Novaculata, to take care of Moonlit…you knew, what did it mean?

The big plot twist!

Lumen Novaculata was pulled into the harem due to his sister’s final wish. Originally, Lumen Novaculata had no desire after Moonlit yet Moonlit was trapped in Lume Novaculata’s iron clutch without a way to escape due to Lumen Novaculata believed that Moonlit was the last gift from his sister that’s why Moonlit had to belong to Lumen Novaculata.

Rest assured, Lumen Novaculata didn’t treat Moonlit badly compare to the rest, he was strict and super possessive, well, sometimes, he was also going overboard. However, you could still talk reasonably with him. It was one of the reasons, Venta chose Lumen Novaculata.

If Venta didn’t guess wrong, Lumen Novaculata and Laura Novaculata should come to the point, they discussed about Moonlit. If not, how come someone like Lumen Novaculata gave them a chance, a suspicious person, to prove themselves while it involved his beloved sister's life? It was inconceivable.

The plot moved forward a little bit faster. Did he worry? Nope, unpredictability was always a part of life, get used to it was the way to beat it.

Venta had to grab this opportunity then make sure that Laura was going to stay alive no matter what, there would be a lot of benefits from it. And Lumen Novaculata would also ignore Moonlit. That's good.

There was also other information like, how to escape from Dark Magenta Forest safely, the captain of the immature Novaculata’s Knight Team turned out to be Lumen’s left-hand man as well as not surprising that Demon Lord chose to retreat rather than fight with the rescue teams, it was the same as the plot…

He was able to survive until now, thanks to the information from the story.

To continue to survive, he had to pass Lumen Novaculata’s test which was completely out of the plot.

The bird wasn’t exactly a doctor, it could heal Laura Novaculata, relying on its magic ability, flame, and ice. When it came to this bird’s magic ability, he was kind of proud of his current body. The pitiful bird was too young and naïve to know what was going on around it, it died young without making use of its awesome ability.

This Magical Flame Bird was unique among its peers. The writer didn’t intentionally or unintentionally describe this bird's origin. It appeared with the dual ability and only one of its kind.

The Magical Flame Bird’s flame magic was well-known as the purest flame in the whole continent, it devoured the Flame Grape and Calidi Flower Tea as its diary meal which was the best food and drink for the fire element, nevertheless, if a normal fire mage ate a bunch of Flame Grape in one go was a suicide.

Why? Because a bunch of Flame Grape was enough for them for a whole year, went the same as for Calidi Flower Tea, a cup of tea was also enough for them for a whole year. From the mage's perspective, the Magical Flame Bird was entirely a monster.

It was common knowledge that the Magical Flame Bird’s flame was used to purify the darkness, the poison, or even for cooking the medicine, as a result, it was priceless. Now he added ice magic, he knew it was gotta be amazing, but it was fresh, he didn’t figure out its usefulness yet.

By the way, what should he do to pass the test?

Should he try to use his flame magic to get rid of the Dark Magenta poison?

Or should he directly burn the knight?

Or should he test his ice magic on the knight?

Or should he kneel down and beg Lumen Novaculata if he fails to save the knight...Huh? What the hell was he thinking about again?... He couldn’t hold~on~

Drowsiness was interrupting his thinking, he had to think about how to deal with the knight tomorrowww…Zzz

5