Ch 14: Patients vs. Baby Bird (2)
29 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ian Martin gave the mask to everyone except the strange bird, no mask could fit it.

Moonlit took the mask from the captain with a doubt in his mind…the captain in front of him and the captain in the Dark Magenta Forest were the same person or not? The appearance looked exactly the same, as well as the voice…well there was a small different, the current captain was friendlier?

 

But the baby bird’s words clearly stated that ‘it was the first time that they meet each other’, moreover the current captain’s reaction was strange, he shocked to see the baby bird speak even though the baby bird was already show them this ability back in the Dark Magenta Forest…what was going on?

Frank Noel was also noticed the same thing as Prince Moonlit…Could it be possible that the fat bird knew that the captain in the Dark Magenta Forest was the different person?

Prince Moonlit and Frank Noel’s mind were restless while on outside they looked very calm. They put on the mask then followed behind Ian Martin.

Venta took no time to realize his stupid mistake, if the Moonlit noticed it, it was okay but for Frank Noel…it could be a bad news. Such an over caution person like a Frank Noel catch a hint on this mistake, whatever Venta did from now on would be under his radar, it gotta suffocated. Blame his mouth for moving faster than his brain…let’s wait for a right opportunity to save the situation…Ha~ it was painful to use his brain to think!

Bird: “Let’s be honest with everyone in the room, I know absolutely nothing about medical skills or herbal medicine so curing the poison that nobody ever success doing so before? Sound impossible, isn’t it? Sorry but absolutely no idea how it gonna work out at all”

The whole room fell into silence.

One of the patients, a brave guy asked to confirm what he just heard: “Are you for real, small bird?”

The bird used the eye looked at the man like a dead man, it said: “10/10 real”

Ian: “Why don’t you bring a doctor with you then?”

Bird looked at the captain ridiculously, “Don’t you know your own reputation better than me? Bring in a doctor? No doctor dare to come in this mansion, well you should know, right?”

Ian closed his mouth. He seemed to have a blank spot of that memory since he worried too much about his teammates. Now he recalled it, due to the duke’s little sister illness, duke had been invited many doctors from all over the places to come and check out miss’s illness and yet the result always hopeless, no any doctor able to do anything about the illness at all.

Duke went through disappointments after disappointments, expectedly, he went mad and almost killed the doctor since then the reputation of Noaculata's Mansion with the doctor is a bit tricky. As the time pass by, now it became quite well-known therefore the doctor afraid to come near the duke’s mansion.

Ian could only bite his lower lip out of frustration, he didn’t want to lose his teammates.

A sound broke out from the brave patient quietly, he couldn’t help but shutter, “I-I do-don’t want to die!”

Ian heard the desperation in Ban’s small voice, he felt like his heart getting clutch into pieces, he glanced to the bird, unexpectedly all he saw, was the small bird still remains tranquil.

The bird said slowly and calmly to Ban, “Do I want you die? No…but what can I do? Since it’s your boss’s order, to come and save you…I just remind you the fact that saving you was like <<Create a miracle>>, do you think everyone can create a miracle?” , baby bird’s word may be a bit rough yet it was an undeniable fact.

The bird’s voice sounds crispy and funny yet the tone was so calm which made the people in the room felt speechless. How can a small bird talking about life and death very peacefully?

Ian noticed something else: “Boss? You mean the duke?”

The bird looked at the captain with admiration, his focus was on point. This is what the bird waiting for.

Bird: “Yes, and I mean no offend, all I spit out the truth, he told me to get rid of the poison” well, it was one of the condition to stay at Novaculata Mansion but who say that we have to spit everything out (¬‿¬).

Your boss is a bad guy here!

Ian:”…”, captain frowned a bit then he said with a solid determination: “Duke must have his own reason”

Bird clicked its tongue, it hates loyalty.

Bird said expressionlessly: “Yes, that must be it”

Moonlit who has been silent, said with a worried and soft voice: “Venta, will everyone really have to die?”

The moment Venta turned his attention back on Moonlit. All he saw was Moonlit used that watery sky blue eyes look straight at him with a worried expression, Ahhh Noooo, That-That eye's balls was so unfair, it’s too gorgeous. Bird’s heart was beating so fast, Ah! Beautiful! Wonderful!

Bird took in a deep breath, “D-Don’t worry, I will try to find a way to save them…goes one by one until success and the boss doesn’t specifically request to save ALL of them, I still have five chances to do experiment, thing will work out somehow, don’t worry, Moonlit”, baby bird spoke with at ease and so chilling like it’s no big deal.

Patients: “…” Hello! We’re not yet lose our hearing ability! We can hear everything clearly, bird!

The whole room fell into silence once again.

Bird said with a bright voice that hold no guilt at all: “Of course, I’m kidding, it’s just a joke”

Patients, ‘No! They were sure, it’s not!’

Moonlit relieved to hear that and he said to Venta with a big smile until his eyes turn into crescent moon shape: “I believe in you Venta, you can save them, let’s try our best to keep everyone alive and healthy”

Baby bird Venta stared blankly at Moonlit, its heart melted. Moonlit was the best, so sweet and so caring. How lovely!

Bird said without hesitation: “Sure! So no more wasting the time, I will give you a chance to volunteer, be brave, scarification always need to make a better day for the future”, the bird said such a heartwarming and meaningful sentence and yet felt so cold, especially with a hidden sinner intention behind it.

Patient: “…” Sorry, but we don’t feel moved, it more like you told us, first come, first die.

Bird: “No volunteer? Are you sure?”, the bird squinted its eye around then it somehow stop at a certain individual.

The bird wait for 20 seconds yet everyone remain exactly the same. Bird decided to choose that individual, “then I go with him”.

Certain man screamed from the bottom of his lung silently, ‘Why me!?’

Everyone in the room turned their head automatically toward that man, no word needed to speak out, everyone just looked at the man, some with pity, some with encouragement and some with farewell.

Bird flew directly from Moonlit’s shoulder to the man then lay down on his belly, it said, “I have magic that could purify, I will try this on him to see his reaction, will the poison reject it or it can be purification” , the bird add another sentence lightly, “oh! don’t expect too much”

2