31. Pearl of a girl
336 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a little more quality time of talking Volen and Toby departed, apparently for an old swamp chapel Toby said was quite important to his plans. Hoglah herself could not afford anymore distractions.

 

A rumble alerted Hoglah as a lighting fixture fell from the ceiling and she caught it in her hand, a new Ivory looking one took it’s place as she examined the old one in her hand, noting the strange light she broke the fixture revealing a perfect iridescent, shimmering pearl with a tube like hole, from which a slimy, white creature began to unfurl. It was slug textured despite being pure, milky white. Upon reaching it’s full size it was a china doll like, naked, genderless slimy creature wearing the pearl as a hat. Hoglah was mesmerized by how cute it was as the pearl occluded the upper half of her face and two eye stalks shyly protruded out from under the pearl and a frill of flesh acted as a faux skirt.

 

The small creature spoke and Hoglah noticed it’s skin coloration was an imitation of powdered make-up as such a doll would have. “Greetings, I am the being formerly known as Claire Tonguesten. I had fallen into such hideous thoughts and brought nothing but harm to my family. I was traumatized by using my body in exchange for safety. I make no excuses for the treatment of my boy and am simply trying to atone. I am..scared of your ideas for the world and so I need to ask you a question before I truly help you, is there room for people who hate sex in your world? Absolutely hate it, it’s why I chose this form, like my many terrific dolls, genderless.” Hoglah snorts and pinches the tiny creatures’ cheek, answering the question simply “Could you have taken that form without me?”

 

The tiny, wet doll sighs happily and beams a smile that makes Hoglah squeal in response to it’s cuteness. “My former husband wishes to help beautify this world in an architectural and cultural sense, that is the conclusion he has reached and as I merged into his flesh I struggled to find my own purpose, I had not had one beyond my goals of self preservation initially. I watched you with the boy and the girls, I failed them both utterly and I tried to think about why. I have given up on them as I never even saw them as mine in the first place. I hit upon the idea that no one knew me in my life, I had never even considered who I was. I still have much to figure out, but I want to pursue communication. This is my intimacy, this is my atonement. Technically I am an organ within Tongue Caza, but I am producing these pearls constantly, they all think and feel in real time and can communicate with one another. The closer it becomes with you the more it will reflect you. The little one speaking to you now is Une, I will allow you to speak with anyone else who holds a pearl. Thus you should give us out constantly. Oh! I almost forgot, Tongue is ready to change, but he needs you all to leave so he doesn’t squish you as he shifts his shape to something more mobile.” Hoglah smirks at finally being able to get her invasion off the ground.

“Thank you Une, please…..

 

….Pass this design on to Tongue…I think he'll find it interesting.”

 

Hoglah smiled at the thought it was finally time to stage her offensive.

Song inspiration is Pearl Diver by Mitski Mitski https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Jq35HZuCg&ab_channel=mitskimitski

6