70 The Dark Moon Wolf
2.5k 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shi Tian was watching the battle from afar, he didn't plan to interfere for now. The Golden Peach Fruit Tree was still standing intact. Neither humans nor beasts touched the tree yet.

Shi Tian's aim was the tree. He didn't care about the others or spirit beasts. None of them could pose a threat to him.

...

On the ground, Old Bai and Zheng Kai's groups were fighting intensively against the spirit beasts. They have been fighting for almost an hour, but still yet to gain any advantage. The spirit beasts were fighting madly.

"Old Bai, these spirit beasts are stronger than we suspected we have to do something," Zheng Kai shouted loudly. A human's body and stamina were not strong as spirit beasts, the spirit beasts had a strong physique and better stamina than humans. They could fight for hours without declining their combat power. However, human stamina was limited after some time, their combat power would start declining because of tiredness. Moreover, human cultivators used spirit energy to fight, naturally, they didn't have an unlimited supply of spirit energy, a person could a limited amount of spirit energy into his Dantian once he used all of his spirit energy, he needed to restore his spirit energy before he could fight again.

The mercenaries started to feel tired already, their spirit energy was also exhausted pretty much. If this goes on for another hour, they will be defeated.

"Zheng Kai I have a plan. You and I should go for the Golden Peach Fruit, while the rest will distract the spirit beasts." Old Bai suggested.

"It's a good plan. Let's do it!" Zheng Kai thought for a second and nodded.

"Listen, everyone! Use the Qi pill to restore the spirit energy then block the spirit beasts for us. Old Bai and I are going to pick the fruits." Zheng Kai shouted loudly. Old Bai also gave similar orders to his men.

"Yes, boss!"

"You got it, boss!" Everyone shouted in unison.

Qi Pill was a common pill in this world. It contained a large amount of compressed spirit energy which can be used to restore one's spirit energy in a short time. Almost all the cultivators used this pill to restore their spirit energy. This pill can be very useful in long fights.

Everyone took out the Qi pill and ate them, as they started fighting more wildly. Four men come forward to clear the path for the Kai and Old Bai.

"Let's go!" Old Bai shouted as he rushed toward the tree, Zheng Kai also followed. Both leaders run toward the spirit tree as fast as they could.

Walking on the water was not big feet for a cultivator. They used their movement technique as they run on the water.

Just as they were about to reach the Golden Peach Tree, something suddenly come out of the water. It was a giant snake that come out of the water. Both Zheng Kai and Old Bai were caught off guard. Before they could react, the giant python attacked them. The python opened his bucket-sized mouth to bite Zheng Kai who was closest to it.

"Watch out!" Old Bai exclaimed. However, Zheng Kai's response was a little late. The Python's mouth was in front of him. To save his face, he brought his left hand in front of the python.

"Ahhh~~" A pained scream appeared, Zheng Kai howled painfully as the python bit his left arm.

"Boss!!!" All the men of Zheng Kai's group cry out in surprise and worry. Zheng Kai was the backbone of the group. If something happened to him, it would be a devastating blow.

"Zheng kai, are you alright?" Old Bai called out anxiously. Just as the python was about to finish Zheng Kai, Old Bai come to the rescue.

"Old Bai, thank you for saving my life." Zheng Kai said gratefully. He forcefully stopped the bleeding with his spirit energy as he endured the agonizing pain.

"It's okay. Can you still fight?" Old Bai waved his hand and asked as he looked at Zheng Kai then glanced back at the python.

"Yes, I can still fight. Let's kill this bastard together!" Zheng Kai said as he looked at the python with a burning gaze.

"Okay! If you say so!" Old Bai nodded, then both of them launched their attacks on the giant python together.

Both started fighting the python. Even though Zheng Kai was fighting with only one hand, his combat strength was still present, enough to fight the python. Plus, Old Bai was by his side, he was sure that they could bring down this python.

As everyone thought everything was under control, another crisis appeared, and it was the biggest one.

"Aaoooooo"

At this time, a loud howl sounded in the valley that echoed throughout the entire valley.

"Aaooo! Aaoooo!! Aaooooo!!!" Following that long howl, more and more howls sounded. Everyone couldn't help but look in the direction where the howls come from.

Shi Tian also looked at the pack of wolves with surprise. There were dozens of wolves and each was a fourth-rank spirit beast. Shi Tian neglected the minions and looked at the leader of the wolves.

Shi Tian looked at the leader of the wolf pack, which was around five feet tall, green and black. There was a half-round black moon image in the middle of his eyebrows, which was eye-catching.

'Dark Moon wolf!" A name appeared in Shi Tian's mind when he saw the green-black wolf. The Dark Moon wolf was not an ordinary wolf, it contained a special bloodline of the ancient moon wolf king.

The beasts with special bloodlines are stronger than ordinary spirit beasts.

Similar to the human who possessed a variety of bloodlines and physiques, the beasts were also born with many special bloodlines.

These types of beasts were divided into four ranks, divine beasts or godly beasts, heavenly beasts, saint beasts, and rare beasts.

In the ancient legends of this world, there were tales of some Divine Beasts like the True Dragon, True Phoenix, the Black Turtle, and the white tiger. However, a Divine Beast was an incomparably rare and lofty existence. According to the legends, the divine beasts already become extinct from this world. While a few legends said that they went to the higher world.

And under the Divine Beasts were the heavenly beasts, then the saint beasts.

Although Saint Beasts were much more common than Heavenly Beasts. Still, a Saint Beast was an extremely rare existence. Now a saint beast appeared in front of him, how could he not become excited?

Without a second thought, Shi Tian decided to subdue this dark moon wolf into his pet. He was sure that with the help of the system's items, he can promote this wolf's bloodline and promote this wolf into a higher-grade spirit beast.

A Heavenly Beast Pet!

Just thinking about this, he felt thrilled already.

...

In the valley, a disturbance appeared among the humans because of the wolves. Old Bai and Zheng Kai also looked at the wolf's group with fear.

"It's a fifth-rank spirit beast!" Old Bai looked at the green-black wolf leader and exclaimed in fear.

"Everyone retreats!" Old Bai immediately sensed the danger and decided to retreat without a second thought. Ne shouted loudly as gave everyone the order to retreat.

"Old Bai, are you giving up already? We are so close!" Zheng Kai was unwilling to let go of the golden peach fruit.

"Zheng Kai, don't be foolish! Look at the leader of the wolves. It is definitely a Fifth Rank Spirit Beast, we are not its match. Let's go! We will get encounter more opportunities in the future, but for that to happen we have to remain alive." Old Bai said as he warned Zheng Kai.

"Fuck!" Zheng Kai cursed. He glanced at the golden peach fruit tree with yearning. After hesitating for a second, he decided to retreat and save his and his teammate's life first. Because even though he got the golden peach, he was not sure that he could escape once the dark moon wolf arrives.

"Everyone retreats!" Zheng Kai yelled loudly.

In front of them were spirit beasts, while the wolves were coming from behind.

Old Bai and Zheng Kai both prayed in their heart that the leader wolf won't come. Unfortunately, luck was not on their side today.

The Dark Moon Wolf released another long howl as it dashed toward Old Bai and Zheng Kai's group.

"Shit, It is coming to us! We are doomed now!" Zheng Kai's and everyone's else faces filled with dread when they saw the dark moon wolf coming toward them.

27