Chapter 4: Spero autem evigilabit
79 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

517569206e6f6e2065786369746f

[The year is 2046 14 years since Yurais creation]

[Story is still being told from Kyle's perspective]

The day is Saturday, yesterday on Friday I came home after getting caught up in a store robbery.
At the time I didn't notice because I was so tired and immediately went to sleep, but as soon as I had woken up I felt that something was missing.
After looking around for a bit I found Rai, Rai hadn't woken up and was still asleep on his charging dock and the reason this was so strange was that his charging cycle was meant to be completed by now.
I thought maybe he altered his recharge cycle or just needed extra charging so I left him alone for the time being hoping he would soon wake up.

The day is Sunday, yesterday for unknown reason Rai didn't leave his charging dock and still has yet to wake up.
Fearing something went wrong with his code I decided to hook him up to my computer and run diagnostics on his hardware and software.
"Running diagnostic" - Ai assistant 

"Completing in 3... 2... 1..." 

"Diagnostics completed."

"Results: No hardware failures, no software irregularities, Although all unnecessary processes such as speech, movement, auditory, visual, and other processes have been manually disabled only leaving its core simulation and calculating processes."

The only reason Rai would manually disable these processes would be to dedicate 100% of his processing power to solving an equation or something.
He can already calculate things of immense size even without disabling these processes but because he did it means he's trying to solve something with incredible size and difficulty.
Since I was curious about what Rai would produce I decided to leave him in his hibernation state until he completed his calculation as I was fine without seeing Rai for a couple of days.

The day is Saturday, it's been 7 days since Rai went into hibernation.
I also dubbed it hibernation because it's kinda the same concept except instead of slowing down the physiological processes of the body it's disabling electronic processes so in a way it's similar to hibernation.
It's taking longer than I thought.
I wish he'd hurry up and wake up already.

The day is Wednesday, it's been 18 days since Rai went into hibernation.
Ok, I've had enough of this I tried to be patient but I can't wait any longer it's driving me crazy.
I've decided to take Rai to the lab so that I can go into his software and force all his processes online so that he wakes up.

The day is Friday, it's been 36 days since Rai went into hibernation.
I failed to force him out of hibernation because he's completely blocked all outside access to his software and hardware and his firewall is too strong for me to get past.

The year is 2047, it's been over a year since Rai went into hibernation.
I stopped counting the days after the 163rd day.
Now I leave Rai in my room on his charging plate, he just sits there gathering dust as the days go by.

The year is 2048, it's been over 2 years since Rai went into hibernation.
It's been a long time since I last spoke to Rai and since then I've gotten used to my life without having my usual chats with him.
Ah, I also started recording messages about my life for Rai that will be sent to him if I happen to have an untimely death.

The year is 2049, it's been over 3 years since Rai went into hibernation.
This female researcher recently started working at my lab and if I'm being honest I've never seen such a beautiful person before, I've never been in love before so I'm having trouble approaching her.
And recently Rai's internal databank is running low which should be impossible because it has a capacity of 20 terabytes, my guess is it's all the data he's been calculating all this time.
Because he was running out of space I bought some property in the middle of nowhere and created a server room that is always remotely connected to Rai which means he technically is now this server room.
All the servers combined have a capacity of 10 petabytes which is 10000 terabytes.
I had trouble connecting the servers to Rai because he was still blocking all external tampering with his software so it took about a month and 10 supercomputers to get past his firewall and be able to connect him to it.
Well, this wouldn't have been possible without the resources of Keton Corps which I 'borrowed' from my research lab, but don't worry I put everything back once I was done.

The year is 2050, it's been over 4 years since Rai went into hibernation.
After a year my plan finally come to fruition!
I finally managed to ask out the female worker I was telling you about!
By the way, her name is Lena, Lena Abigale.

The year is 2051, It's been over 5 years since Rai went into hibernation.
I'm currently in a committed relationship with Lena, you know it's all thanks to you?
The only reason she became interested in me was that at the time I didn't have much going on in my life to talk about so I prattled along about you at every chance I got when talking to her.
And over time she started to grow attached to me and gain feelings because you helped me talk to her about something I genuinely loved and Lena said that she was drawn to how genuine and innocent I seemed whenever I talked about you.

The year is 2053, it's been over 7 years since Rai went into hibernation.
hello, it's been a long time since I made one of these.
I hope when you see this you're doing well.
The date is the 15th of May 2053, and today I got married!
haha *sniff sniff* I'm just so happy but sad at the same time, I wish you could've been there.
"Kyle! dinners ready" - Lena Abigale
Oh shit, Sorry seems my time is up.
Until next time... I hope you're doing well.

The date is 2054 and the 19th of June, it's been over 8 years since Rai went into hibernation.
It's been a while, well at least for me.
*Sniff* *Sniff* My daughter was born today, haha! I'm sorry I can't contain my ecstatic behaviour.
So, things that have changed over the past 8 years, well for starters I got married and I now have a daughter!
But on a grander scale, humanity has finally reached the stars as Keton Corps expanded into the space market a couple of years back and now they own 90% of space endeavours and space technology.
they managed to create an efficient way to travel to other planets in our solar system and by that I mean really efficient, like common people going on holidays to bloody mars or the moon.
They say that they plan on terraforming mars to be livable which by their calculations should be completed by 2092, I know a long time but they plan to construct residential domes on mars so that people can live there by 2065.

"wah-wahhhhh"

"Honey! Calm Lily down I'm busy cooking!" - Lena

Be right there Lena!
Sorry I have to go put Lily to sleep.
Well, it was nice making one of these again for you, I hope to see you soon.

*bzz-click* 

 

Hello! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! If you didn't I'm sorry I'll try and do better on the next one!

1