Chapter 2: Studium
107 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

54686520696e746572657374696e6720646576656c6f706d656e74206f6620696e7465726573742e

 

[The year is 2046 14 years since Yurais creation]

[Story is still being told from Kyle's perspective]

It's been around a month since I gave Yurai his body and speech algorithms and so far nothing really interesting has happened.
I thought Yurai was a mouthful so I decided to start calling him Rai.
Rai usually sticks to me for most of the day but I've noticed that he disappears for a short time every now and then, but other than that nothing unusual has happened in regards to that.
Today was a normal day, I just came back from work and decided the best choice for a nice meal was... Packet ramen!
Even though I've completed college I'm still using the student diet.
After I'd eaten I had a shower to clean off and just as I made my way to the couch and sat down Rai had completed his daily charging and waddled his way over to the couch.

Since today was the day I was finally able to start a new project at work I decided to watch some movies with Rai as a way to celebrate.

"hey Rai, what movie should we watch?" - Kyle

"A recent release has been getting a lot of attention by the media for its impressive story so shall we watch that sir?" - Rai

"Hmm, alright load it up I'll go get some popcorn." - Kyle

As I got up and left for the kitchen I would catch a glimpse of the title for the movie Rai loaded up "The Alley Way Murders", I didn't know the reason at the time but it gave me an ominous feeling.
As I walked back into the living room with the popcorn Rai automatically started the film and I sat down on the couch and got comfortable.

I don't know if I was simply tired or if the movie was boring but I dozed off during the film, I groggily got up and checked my phone to see what the time was.
I looked at my watch and it was around 4:42 am which means I was asleep for about 8 hours.
I staggered to the kitchen and started to make a coffee to give myself some energy because I was still a tad tired.
While I was making my coffee I noticed Rai was nowhere to be seen so I wandered around the house and to my surprise I found him in my study.
As I approached him I notice that he had connected to my computer through the USB port which means he was directly connecting to the system and that meant I wouldn't be able to ask what he was doing until he was done.

So I left Rai to do what he was doing because forcibly disconnecting him could cause corruption to his system which is bad, so I went to finish my coffee instead.
Since it was taking Rai a while I decided to go out for a run to get some exercise and before I knew it the sun was already rising so I made my way home.
I opened my door and was greeted by Rai waiting for me so I said "Good morning Rai".

"Good morning Sir, how was your run?" - Rai

"hmm it was nice, it's been a while since I last got exercise." - Kyle

"Ah! right, what were you doing while connected to the computer?"

"I was downloading and scanning movies, Sir" - Rai

"You were watching movies? Why?" - Kyle

"After we watched that film I became interested in other media humans created, Sir." - Rai

This is amazing, it normally takes a really long time and an extremely advanced Ai to learn/gain the ability to be interested in something.
Rai's development is astounding, its starting to make me excited thinking about what the future holds if Rai keeps improving at this rate!

"So how many movies did you watch?" - Kyle

"Including the film we watched together, it would be exactly 256 Sir." - Rai

"Would you like to tell me what film interested you the most?" - Kyle

"Of course Sir, the film that interested me the most was a film produced by a company called Warvel called Titanium Man. Sir." - Rai

I began to laugh because as I was growing up that was one of my favourite films and it still is to this day.

"Rai." - Kyle

"Yes Sir." - Rai

"You really take after me." - Kyle

Rai looked at me as if he was confused which was really funny and so we would then start talking about things we were interested in.
Rai and I would get lost in our time together discussing different films and other things he was interested in. We were so immersed in our discussion that before I noticed hours had passed and it was almost time for me to go to work.
I let out a sigh as I was preparing for work and as I was stepping out of the door Rai says something.

"Have a nice day Sir." - Rai

"..." - Kyle

"I will, thank you Rai!" I said as I ran to the train station.

As I was boarding the train lots of things were racing through my mind, things like the plan for the current project at my work and another was how I hadn't had that much fun in a while and it was thanks to Rai.

"I really wish these days could last forever..."

 

Hello readers! I'm thinking about a release schedule and I would like your thoughts. So I'm thinking of publishing on either every Friday, Saturday or on Sunday. Tell me what you'd prefer. this schedule will take place next week but if I have time I will publish another chapter this week if it's decided I'll publish on Saturday or Sunday.

2