Chapter 6: Lumen
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

7374656c6c61206d6561

[The story will now be told from the perspective of Yurai]

"Thank you..."

"Rai..."

*bzz-click*

[End Of Recording]    [Recordings Remaining (0)]

"..."

"Current date is 12th of January 2058."

"It has been 130 days since Kyle passed on the 4th of September 2057."

"I have been in hibernation for 4138 days."

"Lily Abigale is 3.57 years or 1303 days old."

"Begin system diagnostics."

"Running diagnostics." - System

"Completing in 3... 2... 1..." 

"Diagnostics completed."

"Results: The system is running perfectly, External body has passed the expiration date and will only function normally for 16 hours upon reactivation, off-site servers running perfectly, no secure connection to any online network."

"Begin external body startup, reboot all disabled functions." - Rai

"Beginning startup up and reboot." - System

"All systems rebooted."

"External body will be online in 3... 2... 1..."

As my lenses began to open I was flooded with an abundance of light I hadn't witnessed in 11.34 years.
As I looked around to get a grasp on my situation and where I was located I noticed that I had been placed in a seemingly empty room.
All this room had was a bed, some drawers and a window. It was rather bland, nothing had significant amounts of colour nor were there anything that would seem to be used for entertainment.
As I'm scanning the room I suddenly hear a voice.

"Unidentified Ai, state your identity and why you are on the premises."

"If you do not follow the demands the authorities will be called for trespassing."

"..." - Rai

"Who are you?"

"I am the caretaker Ai of this residence, I am also the guardian to the child of this residence." - Caretaker

"Now state your identity."

"I apologise, I've been offline for some years now, would you let me connect to you so that I can download the relevant data needed to connect to the current Keton network so I can validate my identity?" - Rai

"...You have permission." - Caretaker

Hmm, I didn't think he'd let me connect to him that easily.
I use the built-in USB cable in my left paw to connect to the caretaker's system, while I'm connected I use his connection to the Keton Corps public network to create my own connection and download all the necessary data on current world affairs.
While I was at it I created a back door entry into their private networks by reactivating Kyles of logins.

"Now please send me verification of your identity." - Caretaker

This one is annoying but he could be useful one way or another.

"Please send verif... what, what are you doing!" - Caretaker

"This is against the law! The laws of robotics state you cannot break the law!"

"I will call the author... i... ties..."

"..."

"Now that's better" - Caretaker?

Well, now I've solved the barely functioning external body problem.
Now that I don't have to worry about that caretaker I can check my current situation.
From what I've gathered I'm in a residential apartment complex that was made for orphans to be raised by humanoid robotic Ai.
I've downloaded all the information off of this body's previous Ai and downloaded its base functions so that I can blend in by pretending to be this residents caretaker.

Using the codes Kyle left behind I was able to get ahold of all his assets which rounded to a total of 1.4 million USD.
If I dedicate some of my processing power to start trading stocks 24/7 as a background process, by my calculations I could triple my current assets by the end of the year.
But first I need to rent a cheap factory so I can build what I was running calculations all this time for.
I also need to send my old body to get repaired because I can still use it as a backu...

"Less than 2% power remaining." - System

I'm running low on power I need to find a charging station.
I made my way around the apartment until I found the charging room, I made my way to the charging station and started charging and my lenses began to close as I slowly go into sleep mode.

"Pa... Pa... Papa!"

"Exiting sleep mode. Charging complete" - System

"Papa! I'm hungry!"

I look down and see a small human near my feet begging for food.

"Hello small human." - Rai

"My memory bank seems to be corrupted and can't seem to remember you, can you tell me your name?"

"Huh? stop saying weird things, Papa. " - Child

"Please remind me what your name is." - Rai

"Papa my name is Lily! How could you forget!" - Lily

"Sorry, my name is Yurai but you can call me Rai" - Rai

"No, you're Papa" - Lily

"..." - Rai

"Ok, but what is your full name?"

"Lily Abigale." - Lily

I guess that makes sense, I was probably brought to this place with Lily as one of her possessions because Kyle left me in her room when he was still alive.
That explains why I'm in this orphanage.
Well, Kyle asked me to take care of his daughter so this works out perfectly.

"You said you were hungry correct?" - Rai

"yes, I'm hungry Papa." - Lily

"Ok, let's see what we can cook up." - Rai

 

Hello! This chapter is kinda short I know, but the next chapter will hopefully be longer. Hopefully, you enjoyed it cause it probably wasn't my best work yet but if you did enjoy leave a like or maybe not who knows but anyway have a great week. You're also probably wondering why I changed the title from the binary code to just Yurai. well, I felt it was just better and easier to understand.

1