Vol.2 Chapter 10: Novus
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

536f6d6574696d6573207468696e6773206172656e27742061732074686579207365656d2e

"...y"
"L... Li... ...ly"
"...Lily wake up, you need to get ready."
"Lily it's eight o'clock"

I immediately open my eyes in shock and look at my clock. It's eight twenty-two!
Shit! Shit! Shit! I immediately jump out of bed and run past my father, grabbing clothes and a towel and rush towards the bathroom.
After undressing I immediately jumped into the shower and the remaining drowsiness I had left in me was shocked out of my system by the cold water.
I spend 5 minutes cleaning myself in the shower, getting out and getting dressed into my school uniform and run downstairs.

I grab my bag off the table and steal the peanut butter and jam sandwich my dad was making at the kitchen bench.
As I'm running out the door with a sandwich in one hand and my bag over the other shoulder I hear my dad shout "Have a nice day at school!"
"Bye dad!" After saying my goodbyes I immediately start sprinting towards my school.

You're probably wondering what is going on, well my name is Lily Abigale, I am sixteen years of age, female, and I am in my second year of high school.
The current date is the 19th of February of the 2024th year, and I am currently running late for school.
Shit! I pull out my phone to check the time and it's eight thirty-five meaning I have five minutes before the second bell rings for first period.

As I'm sprinting full speed and turn a corner my school finally comes into view, as I'm running towards the gate the fucking bell rings!
I make it through the gates and by the time I see my class door I'm already two minutes late!
As I run through the door I trip on the door frame and tumble into class, I embarrassingly stand up "Sorry for being late teach!"
"It's fine just make sure it doesn't happen again." I hear moaning between the rest of the class for only getting a slap on the wrist when the punishment for being late is usually more severe, hehe this is a perk of being top of the school.

*RING* *RING*
Oh, that's the bell, yes! I can finally go home! "Hey, Lily wanna come hang out with us?"
"Sure why not." These are my two friends Skye and Rachel, we've been friends ever since middle school.
We walk to our lockers and shove our textbooks inside and make our way out of the school and head to our favourite fast food joint.
"Skye, Lily what do you guys want? It's my treat today!"
"Thanks Rachel, just get my usual please. And what does Skye want?"
"Just get me what Lily is having, thanks!"

After we sat down and had our food we started walking home.
"This is my turn, see you at school tomorrow Lily, Skye!"
And then there were two! well, today was fun. I wish peaceful days like this would last forever.
"Hey Skye, why do you think Rach-"
Eh? Suddenly the sky... Disappeared?
It was only for a second but, I swear I just saw the sky turn pitch black.
But it's bright out! It makes no sense?!
"Hey Skye, did you see that just now?"
"Huh? What do you mean?"
What? Was I the only one who had seen it? Maybe I'm just tired, I've been staying up late studying, yeah that's it's.

I was in a bit of a daze as I was walking home so I didn't even realise it when I got home.
I opened the door and went inside "Lily is that you?"
"Yes, Dad!"
"Okay! Dinner is almost ready, go have a shower!" "Okay, Dad!"

After drying my hair I walk down the stairs and into the dining room. The table had already been set and as I sit down dad comes from the kitchen with a pot of pasta.
After dishing me some of the pasta and some for himself we begin eating and having idle chatter and suddenly I get this weird feeling in my head.
It's like a foggy feeling rushing over my head, I look at dad and the feeling gets even worse.
"Hey, Dad."
"Yes, Lily?"
"I know this is gonna sound weird but, I got this weird feeling that you don't really need to eat."

I laugh at myself because of how absurd it sounds but dad stares at me blankly for a second.
"..."
"Haha! Of course I need to eat food Lily, I'm human just like you."

To Be Continued

 

Hello! I've finally started volume 2 and I'm sorry for the big delay in updates! I was trying to find the motivation to keep writing. I'm not too sure when the next chapter will be finished but I'll try and get it done for you readers!

1