Chapter 9: Fear…
66 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Loki picked up Oz in his arms when I grabbed onto Zephier. Emma and Zoe ran over to where we were. Glass shards had cut into them as well. They were too close to the clothing store when they all blew out.

Luckily, their injuries were not life-threatening. Either way, it seemed like they cared very little about them. Emma had her eyes on the unconscious prince while Zoe came towards me.

"Oswald!" Emma called out, but he was gone.

He would not wake up right away after that injury. Probably had a slight concussion.

"Vivian? Are you okay?" Zoe worried over me.

I locked my eyes on the blue light that consumed the store. The only thing that snapped my eyes away from it was Loki's voice.

"Run!" he ordered.

We bolted away from the shop that probably had a soul cairn gate open. They would randomly spawn sometimes in this world, allowing shadow beasts to come through when they did. But it was never this sudden.

Usually, there was a buffer zone between the alarm and the gate opening. Loki probably could have flown away if he wanted, but he would not leave us behind. After running a couple of meters away from the origin of the chaos, he handed Oz on to Emma.

She pulled him up in her arms, pressing a cloth to the injury in his head.

"Eli, protect them," Loki commanded, gazing at Eli with a certain look on his face.

The familiar nodded, growing a few sizes, coiling around us. Loki seemed to be ready to head back to the source of the energy. Something I could not allow. There was no way he would go near those dead beings.

Instinctively, I launched myself into him, preventing him from going. People ran by us screaming. My hands trembled, feeling the fear swallowing me.

This can’t be happening.

"You can’t go there! Please, let’s just keep going!" I yelled at Loki, burying my face in his chest.

I did not want him to go anywhere near that. More screams filled our space when the sound of buildings cracking also traveled through the air.

No!

"Cerberus officers will come here soon enough! There isn’t need for you to play hero!" my voice quivered.

It caused him to simper, embracing me back. I was trembling in his arms.

"I’ll be fine. I can’t let all these people die, sweets." Loki sighed.

I shook my head, clinging to him tighter. No one else mattered. Only him and Oswald. Everyone else could die for all I cared.

"No!" I demanded.

Another sigh left his lips.

"It’ll be over before you know it. Don’t worry, Vivi." Loki assured me.

I shook my head again. There was no way I would allow him to leave me and go towards those demons. That gate opening was not normal. If it was one god from the soul cairn, then... There was no way I would allow him to go.

I could not. He was blissfully unaware of the danger, but then again, he would not have cared. Unlike me, his soul was pure. Even though he showed no pity to those who fought him, he would not stand by while innocent people got hurt.

Something I could not understand. He was too bright.

"No, don’t leave me!" I pleaded.

My gentle vampire drew me up to face him. His eyes were full of something before he closed them, leaning into me. My eyes widened when our lips met briefly before he tugged away, smiling.

"I’m not going anywhere for long, Vivi," Loki promised, cheeks flushed pink.

I did not know what my expression was, but his wings were covering us from prying eyes. He cupped my cheeks in his hands. A smile tugged on his lips again when he closed the gap between us.

This time, though, his tongue licked my lips as if he were asking for entrance. Without even realizing it, I opened my mouth, allowing him to find mine. In an instant, it was just him and me here.

No one else mattered. My mind could barely comprehend what was happening, giving in to the feeling that was surging within me. A warmth I never thought I would feel rushed through my entire being.

A second later, I was playing with Loki's tongue. Everything felt surreal. I felt like I was in the clouds when my grip on his shirt loosened, losing myself within our kiss. Screams, though, caused Loki to draw away from me slightly.

A string of saliva connected us. His cheeks were rosy, leaning in again to lick the string that connected us. A gentle smile crept on Loki's lips when I mumbled his name. But before I could do anything else, he shoved me into Zoe.

She was standing behind us, unaware of what we were doing, thanks to his wings. A moment later, I turned around to see Loki was gone. I felt my heart snap into two as Eli stayed behind with us. He was the size of a small house, coiling protectively over us.

Zoe helped me find my footing. Sadly, my emotions were an utter mess. Fear... Dread and now utter desolation. It did not take long for me to realize Loki did that to catch me off guard. All so he could leave.

You stupid vampire… why?!

Yet, I could not move past the feeling the kiss left within me. I was tingling all over, unable to get my thoughts straight. I gazed to the side when Zoe spoke to me, but it was all in mumbles.

Oswald was in Emma's arms while she wiped the blood off his face with another cloth. It seemed he did not crack his head. All it was broken skin. Even so, blood flowed from the wound which Emma tried to put pressure on.

At least his chest was rising and falling. Loki would not have left if his brother was in danger of dying.

"He’s breathing." Emma's voice trembled.

Zoe shook in her shoes, trying to reach me. Screeches filled the air as Loki engaged whatever was coming out of the gate. I held onto the unconscious Zephier tighter when I noticed it filled me with pure dread.

The wild shadow beast terrified me. It brought me back to when I soiled myself in front of one when I first met the twins.

Nene's words repeated in my mind. If you ever see a shadow beast run. Live.

The chances that they knew the binding incantation were higher than the living gods themselves. Sadly, the dead tend to not forgive and forget as easily. Even though I knew I should go far away from here, I couldn’t move.

Loki kept popping into my mind the most. Before I knew it, I was hyperventilating when my knees hit the floor. My vision blurred, knowing those demons were the ones, the same ones who plagued me in my nightmares.

Most of the souls sealed there were the gods that died during the war they fought over me. The ones who caused me all that pain were there, surely. I needed to get away, but I could not leave Loki behind either.

Zoe ran to me, grabbing onto my shoulders. The poor girl continued to calm me, even though she was terrified herself. All I heard was mumbles come from her, but I could sense she cared more about me than anything else.

Eli watched our surroundings for any beast that might have escaped Loki's range. The people he saved were gathering by us, feeling safe with the crown prince’s familiar. Most of the townspeople knew the enormous snake would not harm them.

My lips still radiated the warmth from the kiss Loki gave me. It was the only positive thing in my mind when I tried to even my breathing. This was not the time to lose myself in the fear. I needed to get up and go to Loki.

Brushing my fingers over my lips, Zoe kept trying to catch my attention. But it was no use. Her words and worry did not interest me. No, something else caught my attention. My heart dropped, hearing the terrified survivors say something that made me colder than ever before.

I never knew that caring for someone would leave me so vulnerable. It would lead me to act foolishly.

"Shit, I don’t think the prince’s going to get back up soon. There’re two breaches in Night city." One of the fearful pedestrians that were gathered by Eli declared, gazing at a device in his hands.

It caused me to tremble even worse. That would mean...

Without Eli... Loki... if...

The girl had surprised him in the bathroom, without his familiar. But he was not defenseless alone. Even so, he also refused to drink the blood needed to power his blood magic to the fullest.

If that demon was a god or anything close to it, then...

"Damn it, he already seemed hurt! Those weren’t weak demons!" another one announced.

They implied there was more than just one.

Oh… fuck… Loki...

There were five ranks given to shadow beasts: Lesser, Primal, Sage, Ancient, and Mythic. Mythics were almost as powerful as the living god. Lesser demons were stronger than the average soldier.

Orenz and Aster were at the top of that list, while dead gods were in the lower Mythic or Ancient ranking.

"I’m an off-duty Cerberus officer, and from my understanding, that might’ve been an ancient at worst. I wish Rem were here." A woman informed.

Her voice seemed to shake.

She’s an officer? What the fuck is she doing here with the civilians?

Anger surged along with the dread. If she knew what she was talking about...

Ancient at worst? Fuck... In his state… Loki... Why’s it so hard for me to stand up? Ah... The dread... is suppressing me.

Live. Nene's words continued to play in my mind.

"Fuck this! I’m going to run for it then!" another townsfolk erupted.

The same woman seemed to talk him out of it.

"Where?! There are two breaches! Staying with the familiar is the safest place right now. Shit! If I only had my gear, I would’ve helped the prince." She snapped at the frightened man.

I felt another rush of anger flow through me. She backed off because she did not have the gear needed.

What about Loki? He has no equipment other than his magic! Fuck! He doesn’t even have control over the soul cairn like Oswald! He needs the help! Why is she here?!? Coward! Wait...

I was also a coward. I had no right to judge her. Within me, I had the power to fight back, but if they knew the incantation. Then all of my power could be used against everyone. Including Loki. I, for a goddess, was utterly useless.

And nothing pissed me off more.

"Are you saying we’re fucked?" the man questioned the officer, who shook her head, gazing at the ground.

Oz slowly regained his consciousness, triggering Emma softly to call out to him. Zephier still was out cold, though. The sudden, unsuspecting pulse of energy from her homeworld must have been too much for her.

"If the prince dies. Yes, we’re fucked. He didn’t seem to do too good against those things. Especially since he has his familiar protecting us." The officer continued to inform everyone.

I felt a throb in my heart.

Am I going to lose him too? Just like Nene? Like Edna... Eh? Why did her name come up in my mind?

Before I knew it, I was on my feet.

No! I’m no longer a child! I won’t lose anyone else! No one I care about will be sacrificed for me. Even if this world ends because of it!

I pushed through the dread when I shoved Zephier into Zoe, causing her to fall back. Running to Eli, I gripped onto his scales. He would not let me go if I did not...

Concentrate...

Time magic was something I could only use in a brief burst without causing damage. Usually, placing spells into words made it easier to concentrate on what I wanted to happen. Even if I did not need them.

"Don’t move!" I ordered.

A soft shimmer came from my hand, freezing Eli, allowing me to run out of his grip. As long as I had my brooch on, my powers would not go haywire. That was the only thing I could hope, running into the unknown.

"Vivian!" I heard Emma, Zoe, and Eli yell behind me.

I did not look back. This was the second time I had ever run so desperately. The first was when Nene told me to run for my life. I was doing one of the stupidest things in the book. Yet I could not help myself.

Even though I knew Loki would probably live because the prophecy was for him to die at his brother's hands. I could not stop running to him.

What if...

The what-if sent me in a sprint to him. I could not use the full extent of my power without placing everyone here in danger. The only reason Lilith did not die multiple times by my hands was that she was immortal, thanks to my mother's inventions.

As long as her core was in her body, she could regenerate any type of injury. Everyone else here would surely be gone in an instance. So, one might think I was a complete, utter idiot for running into danger.

But I had a plan in my head. One that would only work if I met the right conditions. And of course, extreme luck. I undid the bow that held my dress together, knowing that a vampire's strength came from the blood they drank.

From following Loki for two weeks, I knew he barely drank any blood. He would always stuff himself with normal foods instead.

The fool…

I thought it was to not make his brother Oz feel uncomfortable, but it was more about keeping his power in check than anything else. Loki always had a hard time controlling his blood magic. So, his solution was to not drink enough blood to make it go haywire.

A thing that would backfire if he were attacked like this. Then again, he was surrounded by vampires who were immune to his magic. The quality of blood also mattered in granting them strength.

Even though I had drunk the rose tea the previous day. It was probably still in my system. Even then, my blood's quality would not change much. I doubted it would hinder my taste. All I wanted it to do was mask my scent in case I got cut by something.

But none of that mattered. All that I cared about was getting to the vampire, helping him with everything I had at my disposal. Well, without alerting the living gods of my existence. That was all I needed.

The moment I got close enough, I saw my vampire crash onto the ground. There were two shadow demons near him. One seemed like a slender dragon without wings. The other seemed to be a cat with two tails. They did not seem to be interested in killing him, but hurting him was another matter.

Luckily, they did not notice me arrive. No, they were fully focused on the vampire that was ruining their fun. I froze again, being confronted with what I feared most.

Move, Vivian!

Yet my body trembled, watching Loki struggle to get up. Most of his silvery-white hair was tainted red. Blood dripped onto the ground from him. He had injuries all over his body. Nothing fatal, and no limbs were missing. But they hurt him.

And that enraged me.

"If we capture this boy. He might lead us to the book, right?" The drake sneered at the feline beast, who nodded.

They were after him for me?

My necklace hid me from them, too. They seemed to sense something in Loki while being completely unaware of me. The vampire growled.

"Fuck you." Loki spat, struggling to find his footing.

He was on his knees and arms.

Move! Stop being so pathetic and move!

Yet my body refused.

"Yes, he will. They’re connected, after all. It can’t possibly ignore its link being captured." The cat smirked.

They’re aware?! How?! The human witch connected to them! The information must’ve leaked out because of her! Fuck! If they know, then the boys are in constant danger from the soul cairn!

They slowly closed the gap. As long as the living ones did not, then I could live with that. Though they were probably closer to the Mythical rank than Ancient. Probably some high-ranking servants of the gods that came through.

Somehow, though, Loki held on against them. All while saving people for this long, even though he was handicapped. I snapped out of my fear once again, running to him. This was not how I hoped things to go.

But plans rarely worked out the way one wanted them.

"Shit!" Loki cursed under his breath, struggling to hold.

However, it all changed the moment I ran between them, much to his horror.

"Vivian?!?" my prince gasped, unable to believe I was in front of him.

I held my hands wide apart protectively, facing the things that sent terror into my being. Even though they were dead if they figured me out. It would be over for me. If these beings knew my binding.

Or somehow dragged me back to the soul cairn. It would be an ugly fate. Even so, I would not allow them to take him. If they wanted me, then they could have me.

"You won’t touch him!" I snarled at the beast.

My heartbeat became faster than ever before. They had trained me to not be so stupid. Yet there I was in my rashest moment. My emotions for the mortal that was behind me were what caused this to happen.

If only I did not care if he lost a limb or something else.

If only I didn’t care! Fuck!

I tried so hard to not tremble, but it was impossible. Surely, I was about to become a prisoner once again. But it was better if they took me than him. He deserved better.

"What the fuck? Would you look at this human girl?" the cat snickered, gazing at me with hungry eyes.

In their eyes, I was a freaky human that did not value her life. They could not recognize me even when facing me. When my father made this necklace made from golden star sapphire, I thought it would only conceal my aura.

But even former gods could not see me. This necklace was too good to be true. Then again, it was both my father’s magic. Thankfully, it would save me some pain for the time being.

"She has guts, though. Most humans run away, not carrying who they leave behind." The drake smirked, impressed by my bravado.

The cat got close enough to swipe me from existence if it wanted to, but they found me intriguing instead. I was something to torment the boy behind me.

"Don’t fucking touch her!" Loki growled, only to cough up blood because of his injuries.

I tried to fight the urge to turn to him and help him. The deadly cat was glaring at me, and they would meet any movement with violence. He probably had internal bleeding from a broken rib or two.

"Tell me, girl. What the fuck do you think you’re going to do?" the cat continued to snicker.

I kept myself as a meat shield for Loki. Usually, shadow beasts that were summoned randomly through the world were timed battles. They would disappear after an hour or two... perhaps three hours at most. But not even an hour had passed yet.

Struggling with the dread that made me tremble while under its eyes, I stood firm. I was terrified, but not for myself anymore. If they took Loki, I dreaded I would never see him again. I did not want to lose anyone else, even if it meant he would hate me in the end.

Even though I could not use my power if I wanted to protect his world, I could take off my necklace and reveal to them who I was.

It’ll have to be Plan B, I guess.

With that, they would take me, leaving him alone. Sadly, my first plan seemed to be lacking the right conditions. There was no way I could get to Loki in time for him to drink my blood with these two horrors staring at me.

"I-I..." I shuddered, watching the cat smirk.

It leaned closer to me.

"What little girl?" it snickered.

They were trying to antagonize me, too. The perfect pleasure for a dead god-like being. Something I would not allow them to do. I was too prideful. If only I did not care.

No… because I care. I’m capable of doing anything!

"I’ll destroy you if you touch him!" I snarled, shaking my fear away.

All that was left was resentment. It tilted its head, displeased by my disrespect of its authority. I reached for my necklace at the same time.

"Your head will roll for that you, ungrateful mortal!" the cat declared, raising one of its tails to the side to swing it against me.

I gripped my necklace.

It’s over...

"Vivian!" Loki yelled, suddenly yanking me back from behind.

Somehow, he found the strength to get up for one last push. A gust of wind rushed towards us from both sides. Eli and a silver wolf with black spots came between us and the beast. The snake went for the drake while the other one launched itself at the cat.

The wolf had light purple flames around its body, too.

Leo?!

I tumbled on the floor in Loki's arms. He had yanked me back at that same moment. Leo and Eli sent the two-beast, launching into the crumbled building. Shifting into his human form, the pup still lacked in power to purify the beast by himself.

At least, not like his mother could.

"Are you two okay?" he asked, worried about us.

However, he did not gaze at us. No, Eli and the pup both glared at the beast, who screeched from the building. I somehow found myself saved from having to expose who I truly was.

"At the nick of time, Leo." Loki sighed in relief with me in his arms.

I turned to face him, not expecting to see the anger that consumed his eyes. He was not pleased at all by what I did. Even if it were to save him, he did not care. His anger did not scare me. No, his pain did.

He was covered in so many cuts and blood that it made me wonder how he was still conscious. I was between his legs while his arms were around my shoulders. He glared at me.

"Are you fucking crazy?!?" my vampire snapped.

I did not care about the shit that annoyed him. This was a moment; I could not take back after I said what came next.

"So, what if I am?!? I’ll protect you even if it cost me my sanity!" I declared, causing his eyes to widen.

Wasting little time, I exposed my neck and shoulder to him. If I tried to feed him from my wrist, the sleeve might have inhibited the blood blow from my veins when I rolled it up. So, this was the only choice for me.

"Now, be a good boy and drink my blood!" I commanded.

He shook his head, knowing full well what a bite from him would do to me. But I did not care. With my blood, he could overwhelm those two demons with ease. Heck, he could probably go one on one with one of the living gods.

I was a divine being. So, my blood was even more exquisite than one of an eternal witch alone.

"What? No!" Loki denied my order.

It ticked me off. I could not hide who I was anymore.

“Fucking idiotic vampire... this won’t do at all! Just how many girls have you bitten until now and not care about? I’m no different! Especially in this scenario!” I countered.

Fuck it! I’ll do it myself!

Grabbing a shard of glass on the floor, I sliced the skin from my shoulder, making sure he had no choice. The pain was nothing compared to the thought of losing him. And I was not willing to think of another way.

I did not have the time. Even if Leo joined us, he was too inexperienced in his power. Looking at how injured Loki was, he could not resist me. Even if it smelled bitter because of the rose tea that I drank the previous day.

Emma had a jug in her bag that I was supposed to drink a bit later today. Well, I had planned to do so after the bookstore, but everything changed. And this vampire… was not giving in.

"Loki, drink!" I huffed, grabbing onto his shirt.

The pain was not my thing, but nothing else mattered. His eyes glowed when the scent of fresh blood hit him. For once I played unfairly.

I’m sorry for putting you in this position, my darling vampire.

A second later, Loki gripped my other shoulder, tugging my dress more down with his other hand. It exposed my entire shoulder. The red marking that I saw in his eyes the day we first met appeared when he licked the blood from my open wound.

Instinctively, I winced feeling him lap the wound. Though it was not long until I felt him sink his teeth into me. The sensation of his fangs going into my body was one out of this world. Instantly, my body burned hotter.

I held onto him, biting into his shirt, trying to hold the whines of pleasure that wanted to leave my mouth. The weirdest tingly sensation rose in my core as my hips bucked forward.

What is this?

When his skin brushed against mine, ecstasy fill my body. His lips that sucked on my skin left me feeling jittery. For the first time, I felt a craving I had never had before. Blood gathered around us from thin air.

Loki's true power awakened because of what I did. The way he held me made me desire more of which I did not even know. Even though part of me remembered the demons that were attacking us were right behind us.

All I wanted was the touch of the vampire who had me willingly hostage in his arms. Withdrawing his fangs from me for a moment, I mewled against his shirt when I felt his tongue on my skin, when he licked the blood that was on it.

And it was like it set ablaze everything it touched. A fire that caused only pleasure. Though what troubled me the most was the weirdest sensation that came from my lower region. Tears welled up in my eyes, unable to handle this feeling that I had never felt before.

Slurping the blood that had gathered on my skin, Loki fully sealed the wound I did to myself with the glass shard. A second later, he bit into me again. This time at my nape. I clenched my teeth tighter against his shirt.

This was torture. I could feel him drain me of blood, hearing the beast screech in pain. Eli, who fed off partly of Loki's power, grew stronger too. Leo also kept the other beast busy as best he could. Noises from the battle were irrelevant to me, though.

My mind was wavering away from there. When Loki finally hit his fill of me, I was a panting mess. I clung to his shirt, wanting so much more. He probably took a pint of blood from me, which was what people would usually donate to organizations.

All his wounds were gone when a sigh left his lips. I struggled to keep my head straight. This was much worse than what I thought it would be. Everything he did was like fireworks on my skin.

It made the itch below even worse, too.

"What are you?" Loki whispered into my ear, kissing my forehead before picking me up in his arms.

Jittery, I clung to him, unable to let go. I was a trembling mess, but not because of fear anymore. No, my mind was full of other things. Yet I kept most of them at bay, knowing those things were still there.

Spikes of blood appeared from nowhere when Loki glared at the demons. Leo fell onto his knees next to us.

"Big bro, I tried." Leo panted, tired.

Loki smirked at the pup.

"It’s okay. You did a good job. Especially when you don’t have full control of your powers yet. I think Oz’s done having his power nap, too." My prince declared.

I sluggishly followed his gaze to see the two-shadow beast encased in blood spheres. Pillars of the same red liquid held them. Each time one of them would try to break free using its power, the sphere would replenish.

We were also floating in the air as Loki's wings were out. Eli coiled around us protectively. He was the size of a sea serpent, if not worse. I had never seen a shadow demon as big as he was. The spikes that formed suddenly rushed to the beast that screeched because of it.

Those demons were immortal. No matter what Loki did, they would not die. No, they needed to be sent back into the soul cairn or wait for the timer to run out. Luckily, it was not long until a gate opened where Loki chugged the two beasts into them.

The blood that surrounded everything disintegrated into thin air soon after. Loki gazed down at his brother, Oz, who seemed to struggle to stand up.

"About time," Loki growled at his twin, who held onto his head.

He probably had a concussion, as I thought.

"Fuck you." Oz cussed at his brother.

Emma ran to him to help him stand. Zephier stood beside them, gazing up at us in the air, with Zoe behind her.

"I’ll leave everything to you two. I have to help ease her, somehow." Loki announced, saying the last part as a whisper while gazing at me.

I was out of breath by this point. It was so hard to keep myself composed, but I was slowly losing it. He had to lock me up somewhere. So, I would attack nothing. Using every bit of will I had, I held onto his shirt, struggling for my sanity.

"Yeah, yeah. What a fucking shitty day." Oswald complained, telling Loki to go.

Leo seemed happy to stay and help. His tail wagged, staring at Zoe, who was more concerned over me. They did not know what happened. Well, Leo did, but he was too preoccupied with everything else.

Emma was worried, too. But could not concentrate enough while holding Oz, who thanked her for helping him.

"Leave it to me." Leo beamed before Loki, and I were gone in a blink of an eye.

In my state of mind, I did not realize when we arrived at Loki's room. The only thing I remembered was the windows were wide open before Eli closed them behind him. His shirt was in my fists as I tried to keep myself in one place.

"Are you okay, Vivi?" Loki worried over me.

His markings had disappeared, along with his wings. However, I knew I could not control myself for much longer. Pulling on his shirt, I pushed myself up to his neck before nesting myself in it. It was taking everything for me not to drag him into a kiss.

Remembering the one we had earlier was torture, too.

"I-it b-burns," I answered him, causing him to click his tongue.

He set me on his bed, locking the doors to the room before placing a chair on the door that connected to Oz's. After securing them, he turned to me to see me shivering where I sat. I gripped firmly onto the sheets.

Control it… Don’t let it beat you! I need nothing!

Walking over to me, he picked me up again, surprising me. A soft yelp left me when he took me into the bathroom, setting me down on the bathtub's edge. The tub was huge enough for someone to lie on the sides.

Turning on the water, he nervously chuckled under his breath. Though my heavy panting continued. I had only been in the bathroom before to clean it. It was spacious and had a tub with blue decorations and white tiles.

It also had mirror like decorations on different walls, something that would escape my mind in the current state I was in. I could barely think straight, let alone worry about one simple thing.

"You know, you’re something. Other girls would’ve been all over me by now, but you... won’t dare touch me. Even though my venom’s coursing through your body." Loki simpered, gazing at me in awe.

I scowled, not wanting him to feel that. All I felt was heat and an itch for a specific thing that would not stop. It was being torturous. Especially when it was something I could not have... ever...

"It’s taking everything in me to not do that! Please leave and lock me up here! Before I..." I huffed, shivering, trying to hold myself back.

Clenching my hands into my dress, I tried to keep them to myself. But my hope was waning. Instead of doing what I said, Loki slipped the dress from my sides, much to my surprise. It exposed both of my shoulders to him.

Instinctively, I held my dress up somehow.

Wait… you’ve never gone that far with anyone you’ve bitten before. So why me?

It did not help how my mind was a blur. Coherent thoughts were eluding me.

"I wish I could say it gets better the more you fight it. But it doesn’t. So... I’ll be your partner for today, Vivi." Loki simpered cheeks rosy.

He accidentally brushed my skin, sending a sensation I had never felt before. It was like electricity rushed through me. The good kind. A mewl left my lips, causing him to chuckle. I was about to lose it.

My will was not as strong as I hoped.

"Loki, I can’t hold on anymore! Please, don’t play with me. Just leave. I... can't..." I warned, gazing at him with eyes of pure desire.

He continued to undress me more instead of backing away. His hands were about to send me over the edge. However, a thought crossed into mind, stopping me from launching myself at him.

My mark... I...

He would see it if I gave in.

"I know... I’ll try to make it stop soon. Just know when you’re back in your right mind. You can hurt me all you want for not letting you suffer as you wanted." Loki's orbs shifted at the wall behind me.

I slipped into the tub, placing my bare back against the tub's wall. That was when I noticed I was in my underwear alone. The straps of my bra were on my arms rather than my shoulders. My sudden action to run away caused Loki to shake his head, gazing at me, amused.

That was when the vampire removed his blood-soaked clothing, throwing it to the side. What stood in front of me was a sight I never thought I would see. I saw Loki's bond mark on the left side of his chest. The last time he was bare like this, I did not allow myself to gawk.

It was the same as mine, but smaller. It only covered his left pectus. He crawled into the tub with me in his underwear, staining the water that flowed onto the tub's floor with his blood. Even though the wounds had already healed thanks to the feast, I offered him.

After washing the blood off, Loki gazed down at me before he grabbed onto my chin. Those blue purplish orbs of his studied me when a soft smile left his lips.

"After you’re you again, we’ll have to talk about your blood and..." Loki started, before shaking his head.

Grabbing onto the showerhead, he pulled away from me to wash his body with soap, leaving me to watch. I could not help but admire the way the water ran through his defined features. It was alluring to me.

It came along with the same scent that seemed to intoxicate me every time I was in his room. He knew the effect he had on me, dripping some liquid soap onto my body before washing it off using the warm water.

Any sensation made me squeal. I wanted to touch him so much, even though he appeared to be miles away. I had to hold out in the hopes the vampire would leave me here.

This... can’t happen... If I...

"You..." Loki mumbled to himself.

I reached to touch his chest, unable to stop myself anymore. When I touched his refined abdomen, he let go of the showerhead by placing it back up to its hanger. We were both free of blood, although our underwear still had some left.

"Like what you see?" the playful vampire teased, grabbing onto my hand, lowering himself back down towards me.

I could only fiddle with my legs, watching him push himself onto me. The warmth of our bodies was almost too much when Loki kissed me lightly on my lips, deepening it soon after. His tongue danced with mine, allowing his hands to travel down my bosom.

He tugged up my bra to expose my breast. Softly, he kneaded my lump lightly in our kiss before pinching the nob. A soft yelp escaped me, locked with his lips. From there, he moved onto my bottom undies, causing me to gasp lightly because of the sudden touch.

Taking the opportunity, he tugged away from the kiss, gazing down at what he was doing.

"I don’t know..." Loki mumbled under his breath, watching for my reactions.

He traced my vulva with his fingers through my underwear, trying to figure out its anatomy. I quickly rewarded him the moment he touched my sensitive bell. A loud, sharp whine left my lips, surprising him.

A soft simper rose on his lips, rubbing it, realizing he found the spot he was looking for.

"Does it feel good there?" the vampire asked.

I nodded honestly, mewling his name, only to be met by his lips for another kiss. Releasing a soft whine into our kiss triggered him to pull away again. Leaving my voice to roam free, he concentrated on trying to make me release every tension I had.

I guess he was hoping I would feel better after just one release. I had never done this in my life. So, the entire thing was new to me. Though, adding the extra sensibility that his bite caused within me made me lose it.

The tingly sensation was merging with a knot. It was getting worse with every brush he gave me. I could barely handle myself with the pleasure that was striking my core. Clasping Loki's shoulders was all I could do to keep my head straight. He turned to Eli, who was in the bathroom with us.

"Give me the showerhead," Loki mumbled.

His cheeks were still as pink as they could be. His member was tented in his wet boxers. It begged for release, but he would not give me that yet. Somehow, I still had the self-control to hold my hands to myself. But for how long, I did not know.

Eli, without saying a word, handed it back to his other half. Pulling his hand away from my undies, he placed the head of the gushing water against my vulva. The sensation of pleasure soon overwhelmed me.

My body convulsed, feeling my mind white out. A soft smile grew on his lips, knowing what happened. I tightened my grip onto his shoulders, feeling him hold the running water against my sensitive place until I rode out my high.

"Good girl." Loki purred, kissing me once again.

Feeling his tongue against mine left me wanting even more.

"Is it better?" he asked, hoping that was enough to save me from his venom.

But it was not. Eli slid into the bathtub behind Loki to place the head on the holder once again. Instead of dousing the fire, I had. It made the itch get worse.

Deeper…

I wanted him to reach the core in my depths.

"Not enough." I declared, pulling Loki into another kiss, already losing myself to the feeling.

He responded for a moment before pulling away slightly. His eyes were studying me. My patience was running thin, though.

"Okay." Loki breathed, reaching towards my underwear, only this time I felt his hand go into it.

Not a moment after, a finger invaded my walls, causing me to wince in discomfort because of it. He sighed, massaging my insides with it.

"You’re so tight, Vivi. I can’t put another one in. Relax a bit." He whispered into my ear.

I could barely control my voice, let alone relax.

Why are you asking for the impossible? Just...

"I can't. Just drain me of my blood and be done with it." I whimpered, holding onto him.

He tried to introduce another finger, leaving me squirming. It felt so uncomfortable, but pleasurable. The tingling was growing worse. And he was not reaching deep enough.

"I can’t do that, sweetheart. That would kill you." Loki sighed, trying to hold on to his sanity too.

Unable to help myself, I grabbed onto his member. It caused him to release a small gasp before shoving his fingers into me. The sudden action caused me to draw away from his heat, letting out a sharp yelp.

"Shit... sorry." Loki apologized for the rough movement, but it had barely caused me any pain.

I wanted more of him to reach deeper than that. Fill me in ways I never knew I could be. Trying to get a hold of my spinning head, I held onto the bathtub when he pulled them out to see blood on them.

His eyes gave off a light hue when he licked his fingers clean. He ripped my hymen without knowing it, triggering the blood. The scent of my unfiltered blood sent him into a small frenzy, though.

Pulling me up to the edge of the bathtub that was against the wall, a second later my undies were off. He buried his face in between my thighs, lapping my slits with his tongue soon after. All I could do was cry his name because of it.

Not from pain, but from the way his tongue teased me. It made me lose myself, finding bliss again. Clasping into his hair, I mewled loudly, trembling in his arms. He continued to slurp me without a care in the world. His tongue invaded my depths, causing me to feel lightheaded.

Before my mind cleared, I felt another bite come from Loki into my thigh. He sucked my blood again, only for a shorter burst this time. Withdrawing his fangs soon after, he licked where he bit. I felt the fire relit because of it.

Not that it had died down the moment he made me climax for a second time, either. There was no stopping it anymore.

"Your blood just got... Fuck! I… Fuck it. Fuck this, I’m having you! You can kill me tomorrow if you want!" Loki declared, picking me up from the bathtub without even drying our bodies.

He headed into the bedroom with me before suddenly throwing me onto the bed. A second later, he climbed on me, removing his underwear. Lining himself up with me, he stopped, gazing at me. He was too sweet to do it by force.

"Do you... want this?" he sighed, struggling to stop himself.

There was no point in him asking that. I pulled him into a kiss, not wanting to halt this anymore. The only thing I could feel was pure desire. And it was not just because of the fire that threatened to make me lose my sanity.

But because I cared for him, too. Though I would never have been this honest if his venom were not coursing through me. It was a truth serum more than anything else. If it were not for him doing this to me.

I would have hated it. There was no doubt in my mind, I would have destroyed everything for people not to touch me. But because he was my partner, I did not. No, I loved every minute. This was a moment in time that would forever be with me.

Even when he hated my guts after he learned what I was. It was fine if he despised me. As long as he gave me this one moment where I felt satisfied. One where I was a normal girl under him. The now was all that mattered.

Releasing a nervous chuckle, Loki pushed himself into me. Feeling him stretch out my virgin walls, I gasped. Pain rushed through me in waves, triggering me to gaze down to see what was causing it.

His heat was too thick and big for me. Well, compared to his fingers, at least. Even though I did not even know what any other looked like. I wondered if it was breaking me because of that. It was not even all the way in yet.

"It’s ripping me apart!" I whined, teary-eyed.

Another softer chuckle came from him because of it. His voice appeared husky and out of breath, too. I clung onto the bed when he drew my gaze back onto his face. His wings seemed to erupt out of him, too.

It was beautiful. He was…

"It’ll be okay. I promise my dick isn't tearing you apart. You’re plenty wet. Just relax." He reassured me with a gentle smile, kissing me.

While our tongues played with each other, he took the chance to shove himself into me fully in one push. I yelped into our kiss because of it. Pulling away from my lips, he panted, tracing his fingers on my cheek. Softly, he wiped any rogue tears that might have fallen because of the pain.

"I won’t move unless you want me to." He huffed, seemingly in pain as well.

I squeezed his member tightly within my walls, which were newly stretched by him. Without even knowing it, I reached to touch his cheeks.

"Does it hurt for you, too?" I mumbled, trying to even my breathing, feeling full of him.

 My question seemed to catch him by surprise when he shook his head, simpering. It was silly. Even though he looked like he was in pain, it was far from it.

"No, it feels too good that I think am going to cum soon. But I don’t want to because I want to enjoy it more. And I don’t want to be the only one feeling like that," Loki murmured, panting.

Once again, the scent of blood reached him again, producing his eyes to glow once.

"Fuck! Your blood’s driving me crazy, Vivi." He confessed, trying to keep it together.

The rose tea effects had faded from my system. His venom though, roamed all over my body, making me ache for more of him. The pain would not snap it out. Not when it was slowly dulling away.

I could see he was struggling with the desire to sink his fangs into me. I traced my fingers over his cheeks. They were so warm. It was almost as if he was suffering the same as me. We truly were poison to one another.

"Drink all you want. Do whatever you want to me, Loki." I simpered, causing something to snap in him as he did just that.

His fangs sunk into my nape again, leaving me mewling. I hugged him when his arms caged me in between the bed and him. This had to be a dream. Yes, it was surely a dream. No one would ever make me feel like this.

The moment my arms were on him, he pulled away from my neck, licking his lips. It was not long before he thrust his hips into me. At first, it hurt quite a lot, but I felt satisfied, feeling filled by him.

This mortal body was soon sent into pleasure when Loki's movements quickened. My whines of pleasure guided him. The noise of skins slapping soon filled the surrounding air, too. Eli came into the bed with us, pulling my hands off Loki, binding them together against the bed above my head with his body.

That was when the vampire smirked when he got up slightly, pulling my hips up with him. I felt the stars when Loki plunged himself deeper into me. Even though Eli held my wrist on the bed. His smooth skin was so pleasant on mine that I did not mind him at all.

No, I enjoyed the familiar's touch. Loki's moans became more apparent to me, too. His release was coming closer, along with mine, making his movements sloppier and longer. He seemed to enjoy himself as much as I was.

Raising my left leg, he licked the calf before biting briefly into it. There, he licked the blood that dripped from the temporary puncture holes. Most vampire bites healed in less than a minute, even without the blood magic that Loki possessed.

The sensation was enough to send me over the edge once again. Loki pulled himself out of me, placing my thighs together and rubbing his heat in between them and on my crotch. It was not long before the vampire's seeds exploded onto my stomach with a groan.

The warmth of his liquid on my skin sunk in, leaving me wanting to touch it.

"N-not e-enough." I panted, causing Loki's eyes to widen before a smirk tugged into his lips.

He was far from done. The burning fire was still raging. Though it was bearable now.

"Don’t worry, Vivi. I won’t let you feel empty for long.” Loki smirked.

Eli suddenly let me go, gliding to one cabinet. There, he took out a small box before giving it to Loki. One that he ripped open, allowing what seemed like wrappers to fall onto the sheets. In my state of mind, I did not know what they were.

All I knew was that I wanted him. I could no longer feel my heart, either. Though, my hands were free, allowing me to reach towards my belly, where I dipped my fingers into the warm liquid.

Dragging them on my skin a bit, I brought it to my lips, much to Loki's surprise.

"Vivi, what are you doing?" my vampire asked, flustered.

I licked my fingers, not wanting to wait another moment to taste him. It was salty. Loki's cheeks flushed bright red when I gazed at him with pure desire. It was like something snapped in me.

"So salty... I wanted to know how you tasted." I murmured.

Much like me, something snapped in Loki too, causing him to lose himself somewhat. He did not know what to think anymore. The absence of his touch, though, was not unnoticed by me. I felt my body get hotter under his gaze.

"P-please, be faster!" I begged, licking my fingers clean.

He snapped out his astonishment, grabbed one wrapper with his free hand. Using the other to hold me in place, he tore it open with his teeth before using it on his heat. It was like a plastic cover.

Yet the name escaped me. I gazed at it, confused by what it would do. I was truly out of my mind. He chuckled, gazing at me with the same eyes as I was.

"Never seen one?" Loki teased me; cheeks were still rosy.

I shook my head even though my mind was mostly a fuzz. Suddenly, he filled my walls again. An unfamiliar sensation consumed me because of it. There was no pain like before, but there was something different.

I liked it better before.

However, pleasure coursed through me either way.

"They’re used to keep us from having an accident we don’t want. Oz always insists on having a pack around in case something like this happens. I guess I’m thankful right now for that." He informed, kissing my forehead before moving on to my lips.

Intertwining our tongues, I felt him fucking me once again. Digging my nails into his back, a groan escaped him. However, he did not stop his movements. The pleasure was almost too much for my mind to keep up, too.

I did not remember how many times he held me. All that came into my mind was just that it felt good. I was in utter bliss. Though I think we both lost ourselves in the act. I did not care about anything else but having him.

And by the gods, we had each other that night. All without a care for the consequences that came in the morning. I did not stop myself, even though I deep down knew this would only end in heartache.

His name was the only thing that left my lips before he covered them with his.

2