Chapter 12: A Part to Play…
46 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I found myself laying on Loki’s bed without an ounce of clothes on me. My breathing was uneven and unsteady. Again, I was an utter mess. My voice felt raspy, too. I muttered incoherently at Eli, who was coiled around my body.

Every spot Loki had touched felt warm and tender. The only thing that stopped the passionate vampire was the sound of my empty belly. It tickled him when he heard it. After getting dressed, he left the room, leaving Eli with me alone.

The little snake said, Loki went to get food for us. I could barely feel my legs from the rough sex we had. It took all I had for me slightly to sit up with Eli’s help. The prince kept his word when he said I would not be able to walk.

Though it was more of exhaustion more than anything else. Noting my defeat and inability to get away while Loki was out, I allowed my body to fall onto his bed. Covering myself with the sheets, I was afraid Oswald would walk in.

Instead of that, I found myself surrounded by Loki’s scent. Eli slid past my chest and onto my shoulder. He was the size of a large boa. His soft scales caused me to shiver when he wrapped his body around me.

A soft whine left my lips when he nudged my cheek to get me up again. But I was drained. All I could do was lie on the bed, gazing up at the same ceiling Loki did every night. My voice was too hoarse to say a single word that seemed coherent, too.

I gazed at the poor snake, to see him worried about my mental state. Shaking my head, I thought about how I got myself into this mess. I knew I was falling helplessly in love with the prince at this point. And I even ended up bedding him.

My mind was finally clear enough to know Gerta was going to kill me when she found out. I had promised her to not do this. Yet there I was, fucking the prince with the most potential out of the three.

What a fucking hypocrite I turned out to be.

Then again, it had been in a blur. I was out of my mind when it started, but now.

Fuck me…

I probably fucked the prince a few times sound of mind. It felt too good to stop. I did not know if it was because of the venom or something else. But I missed his warmth. Eli was not enough. Chances were the reason I was doing this was not the venom.

I even told the prince to not use those rubbers. Though, what annoyed me the most was that he listened to me.

Do you trust me? Or is it because you knew I don’t want another abomination walking around?

I could not figure out this vampire even if it was to save my life. He kept me on my toes.

Make me fall for you? I’m already in love with you, nitwit.

I could not let him know, though.

Ever.

“Vivi, are you okay?” Eli decided to ask.

I grumbled incoherently again. My voice refused to make any coherent sentences. Perhaps it was because I did not see the point in speaking anymore. It was not like any of my warnings were heard.

Yet Loki heard my brief confession about no need for contraception because of a time spell. This vampire’s priorities were messed up. Not wanting to move, I lay there until the culprit came back. Which was not long at all.

He had gone to the Café to get dinner for us. Luckily, the local place was not packed thanks to all the work that was going on in the city. Slowly, I turned to face the vampire, who was fully dressed, placing the food bags down on the bed.

“Sorry, had to stop by Oz’s room to make sure he was alright for the night.” My vampire informed, sitting on the bed.

I softly gazed at him from where I laid.

“Is he okay?” I mumbled, feeling genuine concern about my other link.

My voice, though, was hoarse and raspy. I could hear Eli grumble because of it. I shot a soft glance at him. Surely, he could not be jealous.

“Yeah, brought him and Emma food. She’s been staying with him since yesterday's events.” Loki answered.

Still grumbling, Eli nudged me to get me up.

Can’t I lay down and eat at the same time?

“I see.” I coughed due to my raw throat.

I had outdone myself, both at the park and in this room. A soft smile rose on the vampire’s lips before he traced his finger gently on my cheek.

“Remi wouldn’t stop calling his phone after she heard what happened. She’s stuck in another village in Raman. Luckily, his headache’s better. So, one step at a time.” He shrugged, making me realize that this entire time he had spent with me.

He probably wanted to be with his injured brother. From the way he spoke, though.

Why didn’t he heal Oswald as he had with me?

It left me with one conclusion.

“Oswald’s immune to your magic, isn’t he?” I asked, finding the hunger gave me the will to pull myself up.

Pulling his hand away, he nodded. It would also make sense why Oswald stayed behind with Loki in the vampire’s nest.

“Yeah, I can’t help him as I did to you. Believe it or not, he’s closer to a dhampir than human.” Loki informed, taking out the food from the bag.

I felt guilty that he wasted this much time with me. He should have been with his brother than trying to figure me out.

Shit. All of this is a mess.

Things surely were not going right.

“He’ll be fine. He’s too cranky to croak.” I sighed, feeling like an intruder.

Loki smirked at me playfully. He always saw the perfect time to mess with me.

“Hm… Your voice’s a little cranky too, it seems.” He teased, causing me to grumble under my breath before shooting a glare at him.

Stop making me dance to your tune.

“Whose fault do you think that is?!” I growled, straining my voice again.

It caused me to break out in a coughing fit. The vampire sighed before offering me his hand to help me up.

“Yeah, yeah. Come, your throat’s dry. I brought you some tea with honey to soothe it.” Loki simpered.

I grabbed onto his hand.

How do you know everything I like?

"Well, aren't you sweet now? After making me unable to run out of here." I took a jab at him.

He gripped me tighter, pulling me to the edge of the bed.

"You did that yourself, wild one." Loki shot back.

I allowed the sheets to fall from my body. Eli immediately helped me stay up by supporting my back. He did not mind it, though. The little snake confessed he loved having contact with my skin.

I did not even know exhaustion could be like this. Nor did I care that my upper body was exposed to the vampire, whose cheeks turned pink. His eyes traced down my body. Though I had also done that because I wanted to fuck with him, too.

I was a sly vixen. Insatiable too.

“Cover yourself, please.” Loki pleaded, handing me the covers.

I tilted my head, unable to understand why that mattered.

After all, we did, and he’s shy. Adorable.

“Why? You already saw everything I offer. Don't like to see your handy work?” I smirked, not afraid to show the true me anymore.

It was nice to use an earlier question he threw at me. There were no masks while I was alone with him anymore. Softly, I traced my hand down my chest, allowing him to see every mark he did to me.

My response caused him to scratch his head, biting his bottom lip. His eyes were full of desire, too.

“Unless you want me to jump you again. You should cover yourself.” Loki warned, orbs giving off a hue.

I chuckled, grabbing onto Eli instead of the sheets he was handing me.

“I don't know if you noticed, but I don’t care if you do. We basically did everything in the book. Well, mostly I guess. I still have two virginities left to give you if you want them.” I continued, not caring how I seemed to him.

His cheeks went a bit redder.

“Plus, don’t you like the view? Most men would die for this. Well, died while trying to get it, too.” I snickered.

Eli did the same when Loki seemed out of words. The vampire gazed away, shaking his head.

“Fine… Let’s eat, princess. After that, if I jump you and take those virginities for myself. Well, that’s all on you.” He sighed, handing me the food he got from me.

It was neatly contained in the package it came. Even in the takeout form, it seemed to be a piece of art coming from that café. He brought me a nice light meal. A sandwich much like what Oz usually had, only the meat was chicken and more vegetables.

He knew I had not eaten a single thing since this all started. It was cute how he did not want to upset my stomach by getting me anything too heavy. He then handed me a warm tea that was covered with a plastic lid to prevent any burns from splashing.

The warm liquid though felt pleasant on my throat. It almost felt like I could breathe easier because of it, too. It soothed every ache I had.

“By the way, don’t call me that,” I mumbled, finally able to speak better.

Loki took a bite of his meal. For a moment, he struggled to chew, trying to not break out in a chuckle. His eyes told me how amused he was, though. He was not looking at me like I was a monster.

“Hm… Why not?” he hummed with a sly smirk on his lips.

I took my meal in my hands, trying to hide my smile with it. It smelled divine, though.

“Well, I’m not royalty,” I huffed, biting into the sandwich only to hum in bliss from the taste.

I could never tire of eating this either. It would be something I missed once I was gone. Surely, I would have to go eventually, even if it was not now. This was all temporary.

“You’re more than that in my eyes, Vivi.” Loki rolled his orbs, munching on his meal.

I took another bite, suddenly losing my appetite upon a simple thought that rushed into my mind. Slowly I placed down the food on its container, gazing over to Eli. He was still happily being my chair.

I wonder if it was like that for every familiar. Surely, Orenz kept away from me. Perhaps he hated me even without having his memories. Loathing was all that waited for me in the end.

“Why… am I still here, Loki?” I asked.

 He shook his head when I shifted my gaze back to him. His eyes did not reflect the same amusement from before. No, they...

“I want you to be here.” The vampire declared, taking another munch of his meal.

I sighed, taking a sip of my tea. He was being vague again.

Does this mean that he thought he was being listened to while in here? Or is it something else? I don’t sense anything.

Well, I had not searched for them either.

“Why though?” I pushed, gazing at the vampire while he shrugged, placing down his food before he leaned to me.

“It’s fun. Plus…” Loki began, leaning towards my ear.

“Isn’t it better to have your enemies close?” he whispered, pulling back towards where he was before.

There his eyes shined, triggering me to smirk at him.

He isn’t as dumb as he seems.

“Plus, I get to fuck for free with someone who doesn’t want me for what I am. It’s a win for me.” He finished with a grin on his lips.

Eli snickered.

Nope, he’s delusional.

“Fuck any time? What if that was a one-time thing?” I asked, knowing I did not need to be polite anymore.

And I could not afford to be shy, not while he was studying me with those eyes of his. I had to make it seem like he barely had any effect on me. A facade since these emotions that were slowly turning into love could not continue.

I had to fight them at every corner. After all, he knew what I was. And that was nothing more than an enemy. Yet his voice was so gentle when he said that, too.

No, is it because it’s what I want to hear? Or because it’s what he feels?

I had no way of knowing. Sadly, I was not Loki. For a divine, much of my power was limited to mortals. He had me on my toes.

“Is it a one-time thing? Don’t you want to become immune to my bite?” Loki countered with his question.

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. Surely, he was joking. There was no way he wanted to keep doing this. But being immune to his bite was something that allured me. The heat I had felt, the itch, was way too much.

I still felt it. My body tingled.

“Is that even possible?” I mumbled, taking another sip of my tea.

My curiosity caused Loki to chuckle, allowing a sly smile to cross his lips.

“In theory, it should be possible. Of course, it means daily bites for you.” He noted.

I continued to eat the food he brought. It would have been bad to let it go to waste. Especially when it was so tasty.

But why does this feel like a friendly chat at the dinner table? Shit, I’m going crazy.

“And that’ll make me get resistance?” I continued my query between munches of my sandwich.

He also continued to eat his meal.

“With time, yeah.” Loki chattered, taking a sip from his tea too.

For a moment, we stayed in silence. He gazed at me. This was another thing I would not have when…

“Want to try it?” he added, removing the cup's lid from his lips.

I licked my bottom lip, glancing towards the window. I could barely tell what time it was anymore. This was how Night city affected human bodies. What he said was not wrong, though.

In theory, the more exposed to his venom I was. The more accustomed my body would become to handling it, but that could take years. I did not have the time to experiment with it. Another wish for the well of empty dreams.

“I… don’t know,” I mumbled, without thinking.

It was not long until I realized what I said when Loki hummed upon hearing my answer. By now, he ate his meal. I had only a few bites left to go. Instinctively, I shifted my gaze back at him to see a playful smirk on his lips.

I felt my heart drop.

You’re unfair… You know that, right?

“I-I mean n-no!” I tried to correct myself only for my voice to break while doing so.

It was not as hoarse anymore. This allowed the high pitch to give me away.

“Hm… that no seemed weak to me.” The vampire teased, licking his lips.

The brief flash of his fangs sent me into full defense.

Just how many times will I lose myself under him if he bites me to immunize me? By the gods, too many...

“If you have to bite me every day, then it means doing this until I get used to it. So, that means no! I can’t afford to lose my mind to you every time you bite me. Not when your life’s in danger!” I scowled.

Loki chuckled in return, causing me to get somewhat even more flustered.

Shit, did I sound like I cared about him? This vampire’s deadly to me!

“Plus… you have your duties to attend to everyday,” I mumbled, taking the last few bites of my food to bury my emotions.

After I finished, Loki took the plates away, placing them on the desk by the door. That was my previous actions would come to bite me in the arse, literally. He turned to me, removing his shirt, allowing it to drop onto the floor.

The first thing that caught my eyes was his mark on the left of his chest. There were new ones, trailing all over his upper body, too. Why he did not heal them was beyond me.

“Hm… You know, on my nights, I'm free.” Loki gazed at me, unbuckling his pants, letting them also drop on the floor.

A soft smirk rose on his lips, enjoying the effect he had on me. I could not take my eyes off him anymore. Not like I did when I walked into the bathroom to see that bitch on the floor crying.

Did she touch you?

That annoyed me even more.

“I-I… No! Oswald could walk in at any moment when he feels better!” I argued.

It felt like I was grasping at straws. His smile became more defined. There was no stopping this fatal attraction between us. All the kiss marks I had left on him were so visible. Even those hard to hide were present.

While all of mine were in places. No one else could see them unless I stopped being modest. When he climbed onto the bed again, he took my empty cup off my hands. Eli hauled me more into the center of the bed, leaving me to fall onto it.

Before I knew it, Loki was on me again, finding myself caged under his arms.

“So, it’s my brother who has you saying no?” he asked in a teasing manner.

Eli coiled around my legs, holding them apart for his summoner. Irritated, I grabbed onto Loki’s head, pulling him into a kiss.

How I wish you could be mine for real…

Grinding myself onto his covered crotch, triggered him to release a moan into the kiss. Our tongues intertwined before I cut it short. Tugging away from his lips, I traced my fingertips down his chin and beauty mark before licking it.

“Shut up… And fuck me.” I demanded.

Loki shivered as his eyes gave off a soft hue. His blue purplish orbs reflected pure desire, while mine probably did the same.

“For being a pure human girl, you’re wild.” Loki’s voice trembled, pulling off his underwear, finding his way into me.

The sudden fill caused me to mewl his name. Again, a warmth surrounded me. Eli’s soft scales held my legs apart, allowing Loki to do as he pleased with me. My name also left his lips when he plunge his full length into me.

It was not long before he found something else to do with his mouth, though. If it was not caressing the nobs in my lumps, it was my lips. Before I knew it, I found my release. Each time, the fire within me seemed unending.

Pain and pleasure all combined into something I never expected it to be. Especially when the vampire took my previous statement to heart. No matter how many times he held me that night, I could not be satisfied.

More like we both could not be fulfilled. When I came into this palace two weeks ago, I never once thought I would end like this. My voice and body were not mine anymore. It was almost unrecognizable while I was under him.

The chemistry between Loki and I was too much to handle. It was almost as if our bodies were made for one another. No matter how many times he found his release within me, he could not stop bucking his hips in search of more.

I could not stop either. Even though my lack of energy kept me from being on top of him most of the time. I could not help but want to dominate the vampire that was sending new sensations through my body.

We did not stop until we either passed out from exhaustion together or I did. Loki was right. This feeling was addicting. A feeling I had to fight. I could not allow myself to fall for the vampire more than I already had.

Yet fighting it would just strengthen it. Even though I knew that, I could not stop myself from climbing on top of Loki the next morning, making him invade my depths. It was an unquenchable desire I had for him.

Something he welcomed.

“Best wake-up call, ever,” he smirked, holding onto my hips.

To me, it did not matter. I just wanted my release. In those moments, nothing else was more important. Just the boy under me and me. We spent four more days like this. It was like we were like animals in heat.

Worse than Lycans under the full moon themselves. Luckily, everyone was too busy rebuilding to care about what the two princes were up to. Though, I did not know how I would face anyone after this.

Then again, it did not matter. As long as I could be close to Loki. That was all that mattered. The only times he left me were for getting food and checking on Oswald. He still suffered from headaches, but was a lot better.

Sadly, concussions usually took more than a week to heal. Well, lucky for me. It kept the other brother out of our hair while we did the deed. For five days straight, I did not dream of my past life.

Loki avoided asking anything about my past, too. What was worse was the venom was gone from my body, yet I still craved his body. And much like he said, no one came to apprehend me. Though I did not know how I would even start with Gerta.

That morning, when Loki took me out of the castle, I had come to only one conclusion. And that was, to be honest with the head maid. It was not like she could fire me. No, that was up to the prince.

And Ivy and Emery were both fucking Alistair. That was no secret. It was not like I was in my right mind when it happened. Loki did not let me suffer the effects, even though I told him to. I honestly tried all I could to keep him away. Or so I told myself.

Although the last two days I did what I wanted because I could. Loki had not bitten me since the night I was being hostile. The only reason he did not was because I did not want it to affect me. Even though it was appealing to be immune to his bite.

It would not have happened in a week. And I needed to be sound of mind to figure out Alistair. Though this brought another liberty. I could speak about it with Loki. Though, we both concluded that his half-brother did not have the power to overwhelm him.

There was no way Alistair would kill Loki by normal means. Though that was when the event at the market came into mind. After our short, passionate vacation, I convinced Loki to walk with me to where the gate opened.

It had been so sudden that I could not overlook it. Zoe brought me spare work clothes, although Loki did not let her inside the room. She asked him if I was okay while I hid under the covers.

He chuckled, closing the door on her face. It was rude of him, but I was glad he did not answer her honestly. I would have to do that myself later. When I had to. Though I would avoid it until I could no more.

We walked through the town to see how the rebuilding was going. Surprisingly, almost every store was up and running. The park was almost finished, too. Though at the market, I noticed Gerta and the rest of the servants of the castle.

They were helping the community begin anew. All in Asher’s orders, too. He believed it unacceptable for his town to be out of business. That action showed the man was a ruler that cared about the people he had under him.

He seemed cold and calculating, but for the actual population at large, he cared. Kind of unbelievable to a man that raped his half-sister, then killed her to steal away the heir. It was too surprising how many sides people had to them. Including myself.

Though some were good and bad. I wondered if I was the same, but perhaps I was all bad. Lilith told me it was not so awful to be like that. We got to see the world differently than others. Though, I questioned if she said that, to comfort me or herself.

At times like this, I missed her. She was always there whenever I needed an extra hand for something. She or Dad was always there for me. It had been almost three weeks since I last saw them.

Everything that happened made me a little homesick. But if I had never left home and let Dad handle this. I would have never met Loki. And that itself probably was worse than anything else. He was too different from what I thought he would be.

All of them were. Everyone who was not injured was there, helping the market pick up. Asher and his wife were the only two missing since he was sick. And she was caring for him. Something I doubted. That woman, whenever I saw her, seemed heartless.

But other than that, all the royals were present. Back when I came here rushing to my vampire's side, a lot of the buildings had come down because of the two rampaging shadow demons. Leo and Zoe were by the building next to the bookstore when she spotted me.

They had been helping the painters. I never thought I would have ever seen an eternal witch, helping aside the other races, but then again, the others did not know what she was. Even after Zoe's sweat and blood were placed to rebuild. Would they hunt for her like any other of my kin?

Her power was less than a fraction of what it could be, but that alone would have sent her to her doom. I had never seen her run so fast when she saw me. Before I knew it, I was in her arms. The sudden motion almost caused me to stumble.

Luckily, Loki caught me before I fell with her. Instinctively, she glared at Loki, who shrugged before helping me find my footing. After that quick glare at the vampire, she turned to me. In her little green orbs, I could see she wanted to ask a million questions.

But instead, she held me tighter. I found myself unable to say anything other than I was fine. This was not the place to inform them that Loki knew everything. And it was not like it mattered. The vampire said to me he would not say anything.

Well, at least for the time being. And it seemed like he did not care that they two were eternal witches from my coven. The only thing that interested him was me. Leo ran up to Loki, smiling brightly. His elder brother petted his head before the little pup asked about Oswald.

Chatter broke out among the two while I gazed towards the bookstore. It was two buildings ahead of where we were. Everything occurred in there and looking at it now. It would leave anyone amazed.

That was mostly because elves were magnificent engineers. Blaze, Ocean, and Nature elves specifically. They knew how to build a town in a matter of weeks, so a market would be no issue. Some of them were seen around giving orders to all the volunteers.

It was hard to believe that they were a race that used to give their life for their art. I could not help but feel how much of a waste that was. They were more useful when alive than creating god artifacts that were used for war.

Although that was never their intention. Taking a deep breath, I stepped away from Zoe, which quickly caught Loki’s eyes. I continued to head towards the building everything began. That had been the goal in the first place, and it did not matter how many people were around.

I was going to look in there, but before I could get far, though. Gerta spotted me. A soft smile left her lips before walking over to me. At that moment, I felt like I could break out in a cold sweat.

Life hates me!

“There you are. I was worried about you. Loki wouldn’t tell me anything other than that you got hurt. I’m glad to see you finally up, and with the prince at that.” The old woman started.

I felt her eyes heavier than usual on me. I was not ready to see her here. Luckily, there were too many eyes on us for me to feel flustered. I was good at filling my jar of emotions. Well, until it spilled over to the point, I could not stop them from breaking through.

Though that happened with a certain annoying vampire, than anything else.

“Ah… Yes, I feel a lot better. Sorry to worry you.” I politely smiled, causing her to narrow her eyes and smirk.

Shit… she suspects something already.

This old woman was too much to handle too. Everyone was. Perhaps I was not used to interacting with people.

“I’m glad. I hope you feel even better. And when you feel up for it, work will wait for you. Especially after you… Well, we’ll talk later about it.” Gerta bowed at Loki, who joined me from behind after Leo went back to help the painters.

At that moment the woman turned away only to spot one of Alistair's girls glaring towards us. It was Ivy.

"What the fuck do you think you’re doing?! Do you want to spend another fucking day here in the heat?!" she yelled at her for not painting.

The female vampire was glaring at me, who had skipped on the work. Although, I knew the royals were there. It was surprising to see Alistair was there, too. I would have thought it would have been beneath him.

But he appeared happy to carry heavy things away, along with other Lycans, to help the elves. The older brother was with Lucas and other of the members from the coliseum, too. It was mostly the males though, since all the females did was stare away from one table nearby.

Work was beneath them.

“Yes, I look forward to it,” I mumbled, feeling pinned by Gerta.

There was no escaping this talk that would be for a later moment thanks to Loki's save. Something I would not allow him to know, either.

“I’m sure you do.” She took a peek at me before waving goodbye.

I sighed. This would be an utter pain to deal with. Taking the opportunity to mess with me, Loki placed his arm around my shoulder.

“Do you look forward to that, sweets?” the playful vampire teased, causing me to glare at him.

If it wasn't for his venom. I probably would have made it back by the second day.

“Whose fault do you think that is?” I growled, causing him to chuckle.

In reality, I wanted to thank him for the save he had done, but…

Never. I’ll never give him that satisfaction.

His smile, though, was smiting me to oblivion. Unable to take it, I drew away from him, trying to keep my icy exterior while everyone was around. I walked over to the bookstore to see there were a couple of elven workers on lunch break.

Loki and I had eaten before coming here. So, the aroma of their food did not affect me. Though, again, it was surprising to see the store was only missing its windows and merchandise. And perhaps a good paint coat, but that was not something that would take over two more days.

Elves were magnificent builders. Noticing Loki on the side, Alistair ran towards his younger brother.

“Yo, why don’t you come to help a bit since you’re here?” the older brother asked Loki, who rolled his eyes in response.

The snarky vampire crossed his arms before releasing a sigh, gazing towards me.

“I have to babysit my maid. She got hurt because of me.” He announced.

I felt a bit ticked off by that.

Babysit? Me? Excuse me? I... was babysitting you, if anything!

However, this was a moment I could not pass up. A smirk found its way into my lips, finding this the perfect moment to mess with the vampire that seemed to keep me on my toes.

“Oh, I’m fine.” I smiled politely towards the boys, causing Loki to shift his gaze to me.

His eyes twitched, feeling utter betrayal at that moment. Uncaring, I turned back towards the bookstore.

“Oi, Vivi—” Loki began, only to be interrupted by Alistair grabbing onto his shoulder.

I let go of a cheerful hum, much to Loki's annoyance.

“She said she’s fine. So, come help.” The older brother argued.

Loki did not want to leave my side. If it was protectiveness or possessiveness, I would not know, but it did not matter. I was fine by myself as long as I had my head on straight. With that, I left the twin behind, walking inside.

Loki and Alistair bickered outside.

“I already saved everyone’s arse. What more do you want from me?” were the last words I heard come from Loki while they argued.

Once inside, there were no workers inside, allowing me to inspect the store without a burden. I did not know where to begin. So instead, I walked around the store in the hopes I would feel something.

Even though it had been five days, the energy that was used to open the gate lingered. Or so I hoped. There was no way to know. However, the moment I passed a certain part in the store, I froze.

A familiar aura radiated from one of the newly constructed walls. The shock that washed over me was almost overwhelming. It was the same energy found the orbs Dad constructed to hold a gate.

Has someone from the coven come here to target one of the boys? Impossible. They were all loyal to him. Did Dad do this? No… impossible… he wouldn’t hurt his daughter. Would he?

Am I his daughter, right? No, am I alone?

Standing up from there, I felt sick. My thoughts were all chaotic.

Vivian, stay calm in every situation. No matter how grim your thoughts get. Even if you’re in pure agony, stay calm! That’s how you don’t make mistakes! Lilith’s words played in my mind as I took a deep breath before letting it out.

Closing my eyes, I tried to relax. Panicking would not help. Nothing was impossible in this world, but if the coven wanted to get rid of me. They would not have waited until I became an adult.

It could not be Dad. Not when he had me so close and defenseless. And if it was not him, then… It had to be a defector.

But who? Who would do that?

Not everyone who belonged to the coven knew of me. No, only the closest and oldest members did.

Is it one of them?

Zoe’s and Emma’s families were in the clear, since they would not have killed their own. And that was one of the biggest taboos. Then again, there was no way to know. People killed for less. That was when Eli's sudden gaze, while I was going into a haze, came to mind.

He had glanced to the side as if he had sensed something. At that moment, Loki had heard nothing. So, he continued to make a mess of me.

Think, Vivian, think! Shit…

I wished it would have been an anomaly, but it turned into something worse. A traitor with Dad’s tools.

Or… could it have been a moment of chance?

There was no way for me to know, but I felt sick. Whoever caused this would burn when I found them. They managed to hurt Oswald. That alone was unforgivable. I would have to talk with my father about what happened here.

But with Loki next to me, I could not do it anytime soon.

Wait, what if telling Dad tips off the assailant? No... I have to deal with this myself.

Closing my eyes, I tried to compartmentalize all the emotions that wanted to come out. I had to be strong. Tougher than my enemies. Unable to keep my emotions in check, I did the next best thing. After all, I had an enemy who was also an ally in this.

Storming out of the building, Loki was still arguing with his brother. Eli had stayed with him this time around, though he was carefully watching where I went. Not wanting to be here a moment longer, I grabbed onto Loki’s arm before dragging him away from Alistair.

The poor older brother stayed behind in shock. No maid had ever interrupted him like that, either. Loki was less amused.

“Oi, you sell me out, then come and save me?” the annoyed vampire growled from my side.

I stopped in my tracks. He knew nothing. I did not save him because I wanted to, but because I needed to. If someone was watching, then they might have been right now. Especially in a public area like this, Eli could not pick up the energy that the spell caused.

“I need to get out of here before I level the place.” I glowered towards the vampire, who shuddered upon seeing my expression.

I was not happy at all. Whoever this was had hurt one of my links and was targeting my other for surveillance. This was not ideal.

“Shit, you look terrifying, Vivi. Is it that bad?” he smirked, enjoying my truest self.

Instinctively, I let go of his arm, continuing to walk without him. There were too many eyes and ears, including suspect number one, from my prophetic sight. Alistair stared at us from behind. It was not long before Loki joined me, though.

Walking past Leo and Zoe, I continued onward as the pup waved at us, Loki mostly, goodbye. Once we were well away from where everyone was gathered, I turned to the vampire, who patiently waited for what I was going to say.

Before I did, though, I smirked at Loki, grabbing onto his shirt with my fists before pulling him close to my face.

“I’m your enemy, right?” I asked in a low voice centimeters away from his lips.

He playfully smirked as Eli used the opportunity to wrap around my neck. The only reason he had not been on me was that there were prying eyes while we were in the market. But now we were far enough away that no one would see or hear us unless they came after us.

A foolish thing to do if they wanted to spy on Loki for information.

“Yeah, you are.” He agreed before I hauled him into a kiss.

The sudden move took the vampire by surprise, but it was not long until his tongue invaded my mouth. His hands cupped up my cheek and back of my head, deepening the moment even more. A soft moan left his lips when I moved my hands up to his shoulder and hair, twirling one of his curls into my finger.

Softly, I drew away from the passionate moment, nibbling onto his bottom lip on my way. The moment his eyes flew open, he licked his lips. I yanked him into a hug, pressing my lips into his ear.

“There may be a traitor in my coven,” I whispered before I released him from my grip, taking a few steps away.

A hot and heavy Loki gazed at me like what we did was nowhere near enough. My intention for it was not to leave him like that, but in case anyone was watching us. I needed him even more turned on.

Eli's reaction to that night stained my mind. I could not help but feel it might have been connected. Too many coincidences. If they knew about me, then they would see me closely related to Loki.

Perhaps that would cause them to back off. But if they did not know of me, which would have been the best-case scenario. Then I would become their target to get to this vampire. I would seem like a normal human girl who had the hots for the prince.

The presence was known after Loki placed back my brooch. He or she had not seen me lost it that day. Perhaps my shine attracted their attention, which would have played out great. If I was targeted by them, they would find me.

Don’t let anyone get the better of you, Vivian. That’s how our enemies win. They hope we tangle ourselves in our webs. The best way to get them is when they think they’ve trapped you. Then that’s when you show your fangs. Lilith’s teachings would be more than useful.

They would carry me through this. No one would ever touch my beloved princes. My links were mine alone. Anyone who would try to hurt them I would annihilate without hesitation, even if this town and country went with them.

Of course, that would be if pushed there. I truly hoped it would not come to that. Because if it did, it would mean the end of my troublesome prince’s normal life. For now, all I could do was hope they would target me.

Think of me as the weak link. By the gods, I hoped they don’t know me.

Or that they would figure me out.

“Good. I hope you don’t forget that. Even though we fuck.” I smirked, causing the prince to grab onto my hips, preventing me from going too far.

Does it look like we’re flirting?

Or so I hoped. Even though I had not said much, it was almost as if he caught on somewhat to what I meant. At that moment, he drew me into an alley nearby to get away from the main road. It was in a residential area, but it appeared like everyone was out or volunteering.

“So, does that mean we’ll do it again?” Loki huffed, pinning me against the wall before gazing at me with hungry eyes.

Even though it was an act, his desire was real, and so was mine. It made it more convincing.

“I liked it, so probably,” I answered, gazing towards Eli, who pressed his head against my lips.

Search for energy spikes. I mouthed against his head.

Loki played the part to perfection.

“So, I was good then.” The vampire smirked, bringing up a minor argument we had the previous day.

All while we were like monkeys in heat.

Clever…

But I had a part to play now. One I needed to be convincing. Loki’s hands traced up my dress before suddenly pulling me up to his waist. I wrapped my legs around his hips.

“That’s nothing to feel proud about since I’ve only had you,” I noted softly.

He ground himself into me.

“Ouch… Not that I mind.” Loki huffed.

Eli once again became where I would sit while we did this. Though instead of being fully focused on us, he was scanning our surroundings for prying eyes. If they were cloaked by magic, we would have needed a Lycan to find them.

But if Eli felt something, then my suspicions were at least solidified.

Leaning into my ear, Loki murmured. “Do I do it for real?”

I nodded. The more convincing, the better. Though he was not sure what I was going on about. He knew that whoever caused that almost severely hurt his brother.

“Do it.” I huffed, grabbing onto my dress to move it out of the way.

However, it still covered our privates from the public eyes. His hand traveled under my dress before ripping my stockings with his thumb.

“Did you have to rip it?” I mumbled, causing him to chuckle softly.

“I’ll get you another one.” The vampire smirked.

I rolled my eyes, unbuckling his pants. It was not long before Loki moved my underwear slightly before plunging his fingers into my walls. The sudden touch caused me to whine softly before I grabbed onto his hand that was invading me.

“Stop… just…” I tried to hold my voice.

He shook his head.

“I won’t rush this and hurt you. Even if... It’s been a couple of hours since we last did it.” Loki sighed.

I growled, prompting him to push his appendages into me one last time before his heat found its way in. The sudden fill caused me to arch my back, grabbing onto his shirt.

“Easy now… It's good you get wet so quickly.” He breathed, causing me to scowl at him.

“Shut it.” I huffed, yanking him into another kiss.

With a buck of his hips, he swiftly moved, sending pleasure through our bodies. It was not long until mewls erupted from me, even though I was trying to keep quiet. Pulling away from my lips, Loki slammed a hand into the wall next to us.

His movements became rougher and more consistent with what he liked. He could have easily taken down the building with that move. I tried to keep my whines to myself, though a soft whimper would leave me every time he filled me to the brim.

A sharp yelp left my lips as my body shivered when he shoved himself into me. It caused me to tug on his shirt again.

“By the gods, you’re fucking tight. Do you like doing it in public?” Loki smirked.

I glared at him, only to notice him gazing towards the side. Before leaning into me, getting close to my ear.

“Eli felt something. I can’t hear them though. Not while doing this.” he breathed.

There was no way he could focus on that.

“Concentrate on this,” I whispered back before drawing myself up from Eli, kissing him.

It caused the vampire to take a step back, grabbing onto my bum to hold me up. Eli disappeared from where we were. Clearing his face of any hair, I grabbed it into fists before pulling on it slightly, causing him to wince.

I drew away from his lips, breathing into his ear.

“Eli… don’t get too close. If they sense you and are part of the coven. He might open a gate.” I panted slightly, triggering Loki to squeeze on my bum before gazing at me.

His expression made me slip into words I did not mean to say.

“What, falling in love with the enemy, prince?” I scoffed, trying to hold a front only to feel the wall against my back again a second later.

I had only intended that as a joke or a bothersome stab. But instead of looking annoyed, he chuckled softly, caressing my cheek.

“Deeply,” he murmured.

In an instant, I tensed up, producing him to moan in response to my sudden tightness.

He doesn’t mean it. Surely, he won’t fall for me.

Unlike him, I had fucked his life in so many ways. He was my victim.

We can’t be anything else. Right?

“Fuck, Vivi,” he cursed, before clamping his hands onto my hips, thrusting himself more violently.

Unable to help it, I kissed him deeply to keep my voice to myself. It was also to keep my emotions in check, since his words had set my heart into a storm. A knot built within me, making me forget why we were doing this.

It got tighter until the point. My mind went blank when Loki blew in me. My body convulsed in his arms while his breaths got heavier and shorter. His grip on me tightened when Eli returned from where he had gone.

After a few huffs of air, Eli gazed at me like he had seen something troublesome.

“They’re gone,” the snake informed.

I tried to catch my breath when my vampire slowly set me down, holding onto him for support.

“Did you identify if their magic was human or elven?” I asked, still in a bit of a haze, fixing my undies.

Eli coiled around my neck again.

“I think it was human. I haven’t had many elves to analyze, but it felt like it was a window instead of a human standing there.” He noted.

I could not figure out what was going on with that alone.

A powerful transportation spell.

Those were rare in witchcraft. It was usually only usable from a rare breed of human called shadow warlocks. And Dad was one of those. Then again, there were another two warlocks in the coven with the same power.

They were both younger than Dad and were not part of the five families either.

Shit… this can be bad.

I did not know their face or reasons for doing this. They could have been hired for this, too. At the same time, only Dad had those orbs containing gates.

“Fuck! That doesn’t help.” I sighed, smothering my face in Loki’s chest, trying to think.

Were they stolen? Shit... Dad... what’s going on over there?

“Hey… Are you okay?” Loki asked, holding me closely after he fixed himself too.

I grumbled incoherently into his shirt before actually saying something that made sense.

“I’m frustrated,” I muttered, causing him to chuckle.

I gazed up weirdly.

Is everything a joke to you?!

“It isn’t funny! They’re watching you! And you’re destined to die, you know! Take this seriously. My life’s on the line!” I pouted, grabbing onto his shirt.

If anyone hurt him… I…

He could not know. The only thing that mattered was that my life would go, too. And so would Oswald's.

“They could’ve been watching you instead, Vivi.” He pointed out.

I scowled at him, pulling away before walking a few steps away from him. He would not make me waver.

“I doubt it’s me.” I pointed out, gazing outside of the alley to see no one in sight.

Everyone was still at the shopping plaza or the park. It appeared I needed to watch out for more than just the older brother. Mother, surely did not make it easy.

Why can't my visions be more accurate?

“How can you be so sure?” Loki asked, joining me from behind.

“Only five of the oldest families within the coven have seen and know of me. And they’re all devoted to… Cain.” I answered while not calling my father as I usually did.

Dad, Daddy, those terms did not feel right when I talked to someone else. Even now when I did not know if my father had changed his mind about me.

Everyone’s an enemy until proven otherwise. Dad’s own words.

Shit… I’m unwanted by every end. If it isn't Dad, I... can’t even rely on him without it scaring off the perpetrator.

I wanted to find them and make sure they would never hurt the twins again.

“Hm… But, if they’re part of your coven, then why would they target me?” the vampire continued with his query.

I shook my head, shrugging. That was easy. Not everyone liked the family who killed my mother.

“Well, I can think of a few reasons. The first would be the fact that the half-breed who raised you killed their mistress. Many of them don’t want you or anyone from her line alive because of that.” I started shaking my head.

There was another, more dire reason, though. One that would even make the main families' enemies.

“Another reason could be that they hate vampires for destroying our kin.” I sighed, turning to face the confused vampire.

Although he was lagging because of the new information, he was sharp enough to catch up with ease, that much I knew.

“What?” he mumbled, trying to analyze everything I was throwing at him.

I wonder how much Rem told him about her past.

Did he know she killed Edna? I mean, everyone knows that. But does he know how the witch allowed the luma to kill her?

I think only one other person other than Cain, Lilith, and I knew. And that was her husband.

Do you know how your mother murdered an unarmed woman? A grimoreless witch.

“It’s a problem because Cain and Edna both thought it would be better if no one knew of our connection, too. Much like your mother only told close family members about it. I’m sure of that.” I continued.

Loki gazed to the side, nodding as if he was following along.

“I see,” he sighed.

Rem had told no one outside of their family the meaning of their marks. Not Even Asher knew about me.

“Whoever attacked that day knew a gate would open here in Night city, which that alone should’ve been impossible. They also had a powerful shadow magic user too. It could’ve been Cain since he can open those port… windows, as Eli called them.” I continued, gazing at my vampire.

“But there are two other shadow magic users within the coven that I barely know of. And they aren’t in the family, per se.” I carried on explaining my thought process.

Loki followed along with a slight nod.

“They must be close, too. Unlike their leader, they can’t open portals from too far away. It would kill them if they tried. So…” I trailed off, grabbing Eli from my neck.

He slid into my hand. 

“So, they’re in the city?” Loki asked.

I nodded, turning around to face the city that had become our battleground. I could only hope they would target me before they went after the twins again or Leo. All of those related to that half-breed were in danger.

I needed those pups for future assurances.

“If it’s one of the other two. Yes,” I answered honestly.

“Though, if it's Cain, then there is no way to know. Though I doubt it’s him. Or so I want to say, at least.” I mumbled, feeling a sting in my chest.

Loki grabbed onto my shoulder before pulling me into his arms, making sure I was facing him.

“Cain wouldn’t harm his daughter, Vivi,” he assured me, without knowing a single thing about me or my relationship with that man.

Shit! Why does he keep trying to claim a heart he already won? Endure…

I could not let him find out how much I loved him. My love was poison for him and anyone who came before him. It would only lead him to an early grave, or worse, that much I knew. Even though I knew this.

I reached for his face, tracing my fingertips on his cheeks.

“Am I his daughter? I wonder.” I simpered, not knowing what expression I had on my face.

Is it one of loneliness? Pain? Sadness?

I had no way of knowing, refusing to see my reflection in his blue orbs.

“Vivi…” Loki sighed, cupping onto my cheek.

I rested against his touch for a moment before yanking myself away from the warmth this boy gave me. There was no way I could stay in it any longer without it corrupting my soul. Though I could not haul away far enough for it to not reach me anymore.

“Let’s go. Standing around here would look weird after what we did. Especially if anyone was home and heard all those noises.” I snickered.

The vampire’s cheeks went pink. I took a step into the artificial sunlight used in this city. There I stopped, gazing up into the dark sky.

“Loki. I’m your enemy and ally. I hope you know that. But if anyone in your family gets in my way, as long as it isn’t Oswald. They won’t survive.” I warned with a heavy heart, knowing full well what I was capable of.

Taking a quick peek at the prince, he stood there for a moment before smirking widely. It was almost as if he accepted an unspoken challenge. It was one between him and my heart. One that would be impossible, as there was no taming a goddess like me.

“We’ll see about that, Vivi,” Loki declared.

His orbs reflected pure gentleness towards me. I would allow no one to take this vampire away from me. Not these rogues, Alistair, Rem, or the gods themselves. He would always be a part of me, even when he was no longer with me.

Even when he realized I was the most hateful being in the world. I would always imprint this vampire in my heart as the man I would come to love for an eternity.

2