Chapter 21: Insecurities
31 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Hey, I’ve gone through some rough patch this week. And I didn’t have time to edit it fully. So the quality isn’t where I want it to be, but honestly, my heart is currenlty broken and I don’t have it in me to edit.

However, I don’t want you guys to suffer for things in my life. So... I hope you enjoy this chapter, even if it has more errors than usual.

No matter how much time passed, I couldn’t forget the memory. It tormented me. Loki had the same hair as the boy I recalled. His eyes would be the same too. If it weren’t for the purple ring on his orbs.

The curls were fully his, though. Even as I rode him violently, he never told me to stop. In fact, he caressed my breast with his hands before using his mouth to suck on them. He left them tender to any touch.

When he played with my bosom, his hands traveled to my back to hold me in place. He sat up, kissing my chest to his liking. All I wanted was a release that would wipe my mind. Hunger didn’t matter to me anymore.

Nothing I did could erase Elias's face from my mind.

Why was he so sad when he looked at me?

After making out with the vampire for so long, I didn’t even know where the clock struck anymore. Time wasn’t important to me. Though Rem came close to midnight. And I didn’t know when this all began.

“Vivi, wait.” Loki huffed, separating himself from my chest.

I continued to move, ignoring his plea, not wanting to stop for anything. However, I couldn’t win against a vampire’s strength. He clasped down on my hips before slamming me to a halt. Holding me there, I could feel his heat twitch inside of me as a loud moan came from his lips.

Eli’s grasp on me tightened to the point I went over. The stimulation made me reach my peak too. I wouldn’t stop for long, though. No matter how many times I washed my mind clean, Elias’s face couldn’t be erased.

Even though we were both out of breath, I moved again the moment his hold loosened.

“Vivian, wait. I’m super sensitive.” Loki groaned in a hoarse voice.

His wings had been out for a while. Though I tightly coiled my hands around his hair, his were still on my hips. Though the moment he gazed up at me, I stole his lips too. He shivered when my tongue invaded his.

I was a vixen, wanting nothing but pleasure. Though it would all change in an instant when the door flew open. Eli’s wings spread wide when Oswald walked in with a package at hand. Loki pulled away from my lips, forming a string of saliva that connected us.

“Fuck…” he muttered, close to my lips.

Eli was covering my back, but I froze. In my frenzy, I had never thought of Oswald coming in. Especially tonight.

Is it even night anymore?

I didn’t know. Unaware, it was the next morning. The fact that there was no sunlight in Night City didn’t help my confusion. Though in my relentless attack, I didn’t stop to check the brighter lights coming through the curtains by the window.

Loki and I had fucked throughout the entire night without stopping. My body felt exhausted and partly numb, but it didn’t quell my desire to forget. Oswald froze by the door, dropping the box he had in his hands onto the floor.

The blanket we usually used to cover ourselves was under us. I didn’t know if my mark was visible to Oz. Though Eli was using his body to cover me. It had been weeks since we last walked on each other.

“Oh, shit!” Oswald cursed, taking a step back.

Loki was hesitant to move, knowing any movement could reveal my back to his twin. And my mark was at full splendor for him to witness if one wrong step was done. Biting onto his lip, it cut off the string that connected us. He reached for my hair before gently tucking it behind my ear.

My body shivered in response. His expression was telling me all I needed. I probably was tighter than I had ever been. It almost seemed painful for him, especially with how sensitive he was. Yet he didn’t yank me away.

“Leave,” my prince ordered bluntly.

Oswald pushed the box in with his foot. He really didn’t expect us to be like this so early in the morning.

“Yeah, last time I do you a favor.” He sighed, closing the door behind him.

The moment the twin left. Loki kissed me. I didn’t know what expression I had on, but a second later my back was on the bed.

“Relax.” Eli whispered near my ear.

Loki didn’t let me respond, though. He thrust himself deep into me. Letting my lips free, a sharp mewl left me.

“Fuck… he didn’t see it. Relax a bit or else you’re going to suck me dry.” Loki trailed off, moaning in my ear.

His thrust got rougher instead of slowing down. He wouldn’t stop until I reached my release again.

“Loki!” I cried, unable to hold my sanity.

Even though we had just been caught yet again, I couldn’t think straight. Not while he was shoving himself into me so violently. It was almost as if he was trying to wash my mind like I had been doing before.

It wasn’t long before we both reached our release again. A loud mewl left me while my legs quivered. My entire body convulsed under him. Slowly, I reached for his face while he panted for air. I hadn’t realized when Eli left us, leaving only Loki’s hot skin on mine.

Licking my lips, he simpered.

“I never knew you were so passionate about me. You loved me the whole night.” He snickered, out of breath.

“I…” I mumbled, shivering at any slight movement he made.

He gazed beside us where Eli brought up a box. He probably expected me to get rowdy, but I didn’t. Instead, I followed his orbs. Though my body screamed for sleep. Yet I didn’t want to. If my dreams would be plagued by what I saw, I rather…

“Don’t think I’ve forgotten anything from the previous day.” Loki huffed, pulling away from me.

It took all the warmth away. I almost whimpered because of it. We were both a sweaty mess.

“I don’t know what you mean.” I panted, turning slightly to the side where the box was.

Eli quickly slipped into my body, though. His smooth scales on my skin were satisfying.

“Oi… should I fuck your brains out a bit more?” Loki scoffed.

I giggled. It seemed I still had spunk left in me, after all. Though I would do anything to distract myself from the memories.

“Hm… I think you failed. I’m still up.” I pointed out.

He winced, shaking his head.

“Fuck… I don’t know if pulling an all-nighter was a good idea, sweets. Especially today.” He complained.

“I thought vampires could go days without sleep.” I countered.

He growled, triggering Eli to chuckle, tightening his body around mine. It always felt like he was hugging me.

“Oi, not this one. This one likes his sleep.” Loki hissed back.

I simpered at him. My expression triggered his cheeks to glow pink. His eyes shifted to the side.

“I know this one likes to sleep.” I hummed, pressing my hands on his thigh.

My touch triggered his gaze to come towards me again. We had to be ready for the ball in the afternoon. So, he could sleep now if it was needed. But there was something else on my mind. More than just Oswald walking in.

Though it appeared like he hadn’t spotted my marking. I didn’t care if the other twin saw me bare. However, if he saw my mark he could’ve gone crawling to Rem. But right now, that was also secondary.

Loki was all that mattered. If the coven attacked…

“Are you filled with blood for tonight?” I asked, locking eyes with him.

My breath still escaped me, though. His eyes narrowed.

“You think they’ll…” Loki trailed off, not wanting to finish the thought.

He wasn’t happy about me being the bait, but it might’ve been the only way to catch the coven. I nodded.

“Yes, so are you full?” I repeated.

He shook his head slightly. A lie was coming.

“Yeah, I am.” He fibbed.

It was so simple to see.

Stupid vampire.

He was concerned about me, even though he could stimulate my blood to replenish if needed. He always hated to use his power against me. Too volatile, he called it. It probably stemmed from the moment he had that accident with his sibling.

Thea… We’ll also see her tonight.

“Okay, well, drink more,” I announced, sitting up slightly.

His eyes twitched, not liking where I was going. Eli slithered on my lap, snickering at the prince’s thoughts. He knew I had caught him.

“If I do, you’ll be light-headed. And you haven’t even eaten since last night.” Loki huffed, not wanting to make me feel ill.

Though the only thing I would feel was the warmth of his venom. And the pleasure of his teeth sinking into me. It had become something to look forward to. Though, to my vampire, it was something he tried to limit.

Since he refused to use his magic on me. Draining a bit too much blood could leave me anemic, but I was far from that point. I wasn’t as brittle as he made me be. Especially with my cycle gone.

“I’ll be fine,” I assured, exposing my neck to him.

It was better if he drank earlier than later. After all, the venom still affected me. Even though I was slowly getting used to it. I needed my wits about me the entire time. But I also wanted him to be safe.

And being fueled by my blood was the best way. For a moment, he sighed, leaning over to me. Before pressing his lips against my neck. His tongue lapped my nape, making me shiver. Though he suddenly drew away from it.

“I won’t unless you tell me about Tania. Why did you avoid her?” Loki whispered in my ear, cupping my chest in his hands.

Fuck… your sly!

“Perverted, foolish vampire! Why would that matter?!” I challenged, insulting him.

There was no need for him to know more about me, but that wouldn’t stop him. He wanted to know everything.

“Anything about you matters, Vivi.” He sighed, nibbling my ear with his lips.

Shivers ran down my spine, responding to his fondling on my breast. He wouldn’t budge. I had no choice but…

“I hate her. I want to erase her from existence. That’s all you need to know.” I growled at him, annoyed he was pushing me.

It was working, though. The lack of sleep didn’t help my cause, either.

“Not enough. Don’t you want me to feed?” he murmured, trailing one hand down to my vulva.

The moment his fingers touched my bell, I stiffened up. He rubbed it, quickly dipping his fingers into my depths. His fluid still flowed out of me, making it easy for him to slip in three of his members into me.

“She was the reason someone I cared about died.” I mewled, giving in.

My hips buck slightly into his fingers. Even after all we did, he knew where to touch to get me going again. I hadn’t drunk the rose tea today. So, my scent was almost too much for him. Especially when I was offering myself like this.

The next moment, I felt my vampire’s fangs go in me. A whine left my lips, clasping into his arms. It didn’t stop him from touching me, though. Eli wrapped around my legs before spreading them apart to allow Loki better access.

My body felt like I was on fire, which I didn’t realize when I locked my thighs together. I cried Loki’s name, unable to stop myself. Though it didn’t take long until I felt a bit light-headed. Much like he warned.

Noticing it, Loki separate from my nape, pushing me against the bed. A second later, his heat was inside of me again.

“Fuck! Vivian, I can’t control myself.” Loki moaned, thrusting himself into me.

“Lose it with me!” I mewled, reaching for him.

My mind was never on mine when he bit me. Though this time, I desired him more than I realized. Our hands met, only for him to yank it behind me. It lifted me from the bed as he shoved himself into me repeatedly.

A moment later, both my arms were behind me as Eli bound them together. A snicker came from his lips. While Loki held my hips tenderly. It was almost as if the blood rejuvenated him. Soon my numb body responded to him.

Tears trailed down my cheeks. The venom had a second effect on me. I lost myself. I thought I would forget if he bit me, but I remembered it better. Elias’s face, his expression, his everything. All of it was the same as Loki.

Elias… is him isn’t it? That’s why I am afraid to sleep. Because I… will see how I killed him.

My hair covered my face, hiding my tears. My voice only responded to the pleasure.

Elias… Elias… Eli… Loki… No… I can’t lose them.

Suddenly, everything turned white. I lost my awareness. The next time I opened my eyes, I was on Loki’s bare chest. Eli was also on the vampire but coiled around me too. My prince, though, was browsing through his phone.

However, the moment my eyes fluttered open, I noticed the time on the screen. It was way past noon. It almost was four. We should’ve been at the ball already.

“Shit! Why didn’t you wake me?” I mumbled, struggling to get up.

“Hm… because I don’t want to be at the ball?” Loki shrugged.

If it were up to him, he would stay here all night.

“Doesn’t change that you have duties as the crown prince. Plus, your family’s there.” I groaned, feeling a bit lethargic.

It probably was because I hadn’t eaten in hours. There would be food at the stupid party, though.          

“Lexi called and said he could be there later.” Eli intercepted.

Loki growled at him.

“Doesn’t change the fact I don’t want to be there.” He huffed at the snake.

I scowled a bit at both of them.

“You didn’t want to wake Vivi up. Not that I mind. I rather see her sleep too.” Eli snickered.

“You both are creeps,” I mumbled, sitting up.

Staying here wouldn’t help my prince’s mood. I went to stand up, only to feel how wobbly my legs were. Though, it wouldn’t stop me. I didn’t or couldn’t impede the prince’s duties. Though if it were up to him, he would ditch the entire thing.

Loki, though, happily followed a wobbly me into the restroom. There he made out with me for a while before finishing the hot shower. Both he and Eli were too much. Though I didn’t mind the extra affection.

Once cleaned, I brushed my wet hair on my bed. My prince went to his side of the room. I had nothing other than my maid dress to wear for this event. In fact, I wasn’t even supposed to attend it.

Though Loki wouldn’t go without me. Oswald helped with that. He said personal maids should be able to attend. After all, we were there to serve them. With that, the king allowed us to attend. A pain, I would’ve much rather been around the commoners.

An easier target for the coven, but of course Loki wouldn’t make it that simple for them. When I was done with my hair, I went to look for comfortable underwear. When Eli brought the box, Oz had this morning.

It reminded me of this morning’s blunder. Loki had taken off the barricade he had in front of the door. He was sure Oswald knew boundaries, but it seemed none of them did.

A sigh left my lips, upon being reminded, but I quickly shook it off and sat down next to Eli.

“What’s this?” I asked him, tapping the box.

It appeared pretty and expensive. I hadn’t gotten a good look at it before.

“Open it. We picked it out for you.” Eli smirked, enjoying my confusion.

“Hah? When?” I quipped, unable to understand when they went shopping for me.

I hadn’t seen them gone into any women’s store. Even when we went out to the shops with his brothers.

“Online,” Loki announced from his side of the room.

“How did you even get my measurements?!” I snapped at them both.

It was embarrassing, yet what would happen next would make me wish death on them both.

“I’m good with them.” Eli informed.

I scowled at him.

“Oi, snake… go in a hole and die there.” I scoffed, throwing Eli off the bed.

I didn’t mean it, but the embarrassment was getting to me. The pretty snake floated in the air snickering, enjoying the shade of pink on my cheeks.

“Dumb snake and vampire,” I added in a mumble.

“But I want to know everything about you, Vivian.” Eli confessed.

His words caused my heart to stop and gaze at him. He didn’t know what they did to me. It made my chest sting.

Would he say those things if he knew?

If he was the divine once known as Elias. Loki chuckled in response to my bitching.

“Stop moaning about it. I’m sure you’ll love it. When we saw it, we both thought it’s so you.” My prince cackled, readying himself.

I rolled my eyes, gazing down at the box. This was too much. I didn’t know what he was thinking anymore.

Don’t you realize I’m his ‘servant’ to everyone else? Stupid…

“I don’t know if I can accept this. I’m not royalty, you know.” I argued.

This was useless. It would change nothing if I wore this or my maid's dress. To everyone else, I was just a maid. This would only end in failure.

“Says the…” he trailed off to tease.

I quickly bit into the bait. He would just call me a goddess if we weren’t in this room. And I knew it.

“Fine! Shut it!” I grumbled, opening the box.

My heart dropped the moment I saw what was inside. Something that beautiful surely wasn’t me. Inside the box, there was a neatly tucked dress. It was something I could barely explain. The dress was deep indigo blue, from the bottom to the top.

The abdomen and chest areas had silver-white splashed on them. It dripped to the sides in the shape of a flower. And the fabric was something I had never felt before. The dress itself was fluffy and in the shape of a blossom.

By the ends of the dress, there were multiple butterflies splashed in the same white and blue. It almost seemed like a starry sky, with the way they popped out at me. It also covered my back and arms. At the end of the sleeves there were the same butterflies, but smaller.

In the middle of the dress, there was a white bow towards the back. While the bosom had a modest cleavage. The entire thing left me in awe. It appeared expensive.

“Like it?” Eli whispered into my ear.

I couldn’t hold it. These two were too much. Surely this was not me.

How can you see this and think of me? I’m not a normal girl. I’m… a monster.

“So, me? Are you crazy? I can’t be this beautiful.” I whimpered, barely holding it together anymore.

Why are you trying so hard? Please… Stop. I’m not pure.

When I saw Tania I desired to murder her. They only thing that stopped me was this current situation I was in. Not because I loved him.

“Vivi…” Eli called to me.

I hugged myself. This wasn’t fair.

If this continues, how can I stop myself from desiring this duo?

Loki came from his side of the room and hugged me. He was almost dressed fully while I was in my underwear. Worst yet tears stung my eyes. A beautifully fancy white blouse covered his upper body.

He wore black dress pants and a jacket with golden decorations on it. Though at the moment it was mostly undone. His lips met with mine as I fell onto the bed. It was comforting to feel his heat on me again.

It was a brief kiss. Though I melted in those orbs of his.

“You’re beautiful, Vivian. Try it on and make me lose my mind whenever another man looks at you tonight.” Loki simpered, rubbing his nose with mine.

Too loving, why… shit.

I couldn’t stop the tears that were swelling out of me.

“Stop…” I mumbled, only to be met by his soft lips again.

It was another brief kiss.

Pulling away slightly, he simpered. “I’m not stopping. Remember, I promised to make you fall for me.”

He gazed at the clock before shaking his head.

“If I had more time, I would make you all warm again. But I don’t want anyone else to see you like that.” My vampire teased me.

“You’re a fool.” I huffed, trying to control myself.

Though my tears still lightly trailed on my cheeks. Every time I gazed at my beloved. I saw Elias’s memory. It reminded me of the dream, too. Well, a nightmare. He couldn’t die because of me again. Or for any reason.

“Hm… I want to be a fool for you. Kiss me, Vivi.” Loki hummed with a gentle smile on his lips.

He knew how to play me to his tune, and I didn’t like it. I gazed up at him with a slight pout. He was unfair, always making me feel on edge. My poor heart was already warm. Too ardent, and it was killing me.

“No,” I sulked for a moment.

This boy was too much. He already dug himself into my heart in a way I didn’t know if I could ever get rid of. If my memory was uncorrupted and they really were Elias. Then it would mean they weren’t a simple mortal either.

Entwined souls… Can he be…

It didn’t matter, though. Even though we might’ve been compatible in the divine aspect. His family surely wasn’t. Eli snickered, triggering Loki to shake his head.

“Fine, I’ll kiss you then.” Loki chuckled too.

I pushed him away.

“No,” I scoffed.

If he kissed me, I would lose it more.

Stupid vampire.

My rough handling didn’t stop him though, he just smiled at me. It melted all my will. Before I knew it, I brushed my lips against his. He spun it into much more than just a simple peck, though. His tongue explored my mouth, prompting me to fall back onto the bed.

His scent surrounded my senses. I didn’t want the moment to end, but they always did. Loki drew away the moment his phone rang.

“Fuck,” he whispered, gazing at me for a moment.

His eyes were full of emotion that I still couldn’t or didn’t want to label. Even though I knew, he felt that way for me. I couldn’t admit it. Even in my head. He pecked my lips before heading to his phone.

I licked my lips, laying there for a moment, trying to harden my heart. These two would be the end of me. Eli stayed with me, cuddling my cheek. I didn’t have it in me to fight this, though. The moment Loki answered the call, I stood up and dressed in the beautiful dress he picked out for me.

I wasn’t used to wearing these, but with a little magic, anything was easy to put on. Under the dress was a mask with the same colors as the gown. It had a beautiful butterfly wing as décor too. And under that were these comfortable slippers.

They were the same color blue as the bottom of the dress. How these two got all of my measurements were out of my mind. But everything fit perfectly. Eli couldn’t take his eyes off me while I placed everything on.

Before I forgot my brooch, I clipped it on my dress collar. I turned to the mirror to fix my hair, only to remain frozen by what I faced.

It’s so you. Loki’s words replayed in my mind.

The reflection that stared at me was one of a beautiful woman.

Is this what you see me as?

It caused me to wince and gaze away from the mirror. My skin hid what I really was. A monster.

What a fool… I’ll show him what I really am. Maybe end this once and for all. Yes, I can’t forget. Today will be an excellent day for revenge. For Nene.

If I thought that way, then I could carry on. These boys had made me soft. I had to harden myself again. Though it took Eli pressing his head against my cheek for me to move again. Taking a deep breath, I sat on the chair, struggling to get my hair upright.

Eli moved away from me, leaving me sulking on my failure. I rarely had this hard of a time. My hands trembled. Self-absorbed as I was, I didn’t notice when someone placed their hand on my shoulder.

It caused me to jolt up, startled.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. But you were sulking.” Emma smiled.

I turned to her, bewildered.

Had I been so into my thoughts that I didn’t notice the door? Sulking? No, I’m dull to everything.

Eli snickered a bit from the table. The devilish snake was enjoying my reaction. Which meant he knew I would get surprised by them. Loki appeared to have gone missing from the room, too. Probably was with Oswald in his room.

Maybe it was also where she was with Zoe before coming in here. Emma was wearing a beautiful aqua blue dress. It fit her figure and body so well. Zoe, who stood by the door, smiling, wore a nice sunset orange dress. I wondered if Oswald got it for them, too.

Surely it wasn’t one that we had packed. Then again, unlike me, they had gone shopping a few times before. Perhaps they rented it from somewhere, while mine was…

“It’s fine.” I sighed, turning back to the mirror.

What a mess this was all becoming. I could barely keep up my front anymore. Was I conflicted about everything? I would not know. All I knew was that I needed to focus on my task rather than on the emotion brewing within me.

I had to get back to my roots. And that would be accomplished when Tania die by my hand. And I would show the coven their place if they took the bait. If everything ran smoothly, Loki might have opened his eyes to what stood in front of him.

How we would never be. This was the only way to make everything back to normal. It had to be.

“Why are you here?” I mumbled.

My heart felt heavy. Yet I had to move forward.

“Well, you can never do your hair right. So, I thought I could help you out. Seems I was right.” She smiled.

I could barely hold myself from scoffing at her. Somehow, I did.

“I can do it by myself.” I sighed, grabbing the brush from the table once again.

Though, before I could even try it again, Emma threw herself at me.

“I just want to touch my idol! Loki’s always taking all your time! I barely see you!” she yelped, leaving me stunned.

For a moment, I felt like telling her to back off, but when I saw her smile, I stopped. She was also another one who, although called me an idol, didn’t treat me as such. Turning around, I gazed towards the desk before allowing her to do as she pleased.

I was too soft. When she was done, my hairstyle was one of a high prom ponytail.

“Oh! I hate to admit, the vampire has good taste. You look beautiful.” Emma tapped my shoulders, gazing at me through the mirror.

It left me feeling hollow. This beauty was one I never wanted. A curse…

“I rather not be.” I shook my head, not wanting this skin that didn’t fit me.

For a moment, Emma gazed away from me to pick something out of her bag. She pulled out a pin before placing it on my hair. It was a white chrysanthemum, made from gems. It fit perfectly with the dress.

“Your father sent this.” She informed, leaving me surprised.

Dad had gone to the elven lands again. For the elves, each flower had a meaning. This one was one of loyalty and devoted love. I always looked forward to his gifts, but this one almost broke me.

I felt a sting in my eyes. It was foolish to think he might’ve abandoned me. He would never betray me. This was his way of telling me that. A reminder of his undying love for me. He knew me so well too.

I’m sorry… for doubting you, Daddy.

Emma froze when she saw a tear roll down one of my cheeks. I quickly wiped it away. That would be the last one I shed for the rest of the night.

“Do you think he knows?” I asked, voice cracking.

She hesitated, unable to tell what was wrong with me. I remained vague for a reason, wanting to know if he had sent any information. With this message alone, I suspected he knew there was a rogue faction within our coven.

If he was working in the shadows, then I would work in the light. I needed no one else. As long as I had him and Lilith, that was all I required to live. Loki was just a moment in the heavens. A moment in a nirvana where I couldn’t stay.

I would show it to him. If I had the opportunity during the ball.

“Hm… about the party? Or…” Emma asked, a bit confused.

“Everything,” I answered, standing up from the desk.

“I don’t know. The pin came without a letter.” She answered, gazing to the side.

“How do you know it was him?” I questioned, knowing he would always send something.

“Well, he has his ways to let’s know.” She replied, handing me an empty card with a small gem attached.

Of course, Emma wouldn’t know, but he used small gemstones to carry messages. I couldn’t use it with them around though. If they didn’t know, then it wasn’t for them. I placed the card on my bosom.

Hopefully, I would have a moment to see it later.

“Thank you,” I nodded, gazing off to the side.

“What for?” she appeared confused by my words.

Or rather didn’t expect them.

“For being kind to me.” I smiled, happily.

Thanks to her, I got the strength to carry on. I wouldn’t be alone after all of this ended. No matter what, I would at least have those two with me always.

“And why wouldn’t I be kind to my idol! That’s unacceptable!” she broke where she stood.

I chuckled in response. It caused her eyes to gloss as Zoe made her way to me.

“Wow, you’re beautiful, Vivian. But, if I may.” The young witch intercepted, wanting to add something to me.

From her bag, she picked out a beautiful pink lipstick. Painting my lips with it, she grinned happily with the results.

“Now… perfect. That will last you the rest of the night, without smudging!” she beamed.

It caused me to gaze back at the mirror to see how well it fit me. I never wore make-up. Not with my perfect face and skin. Though, the lipstick fitted me like if I was a porcelain doll.

“Any man that takes a look at you today is a lucky one,” Emma commented.

I turned back to her, only to see Loki fully dressed behind her. He was gazing at me so lovingly. His pure black masquerade mask made him seem mysterious. Oswald stood behind him, wearing the same clothes.

The only way I could tell them apart was by Loki’s hairstyle, which was as scruffy as always. Oswald had a ponytail up too. Though from up close, I could tell my vampire right away. The beauty mark near his bottom lip was one I had memorized.

“That they’ll be, but I’m the only one allowed to touch her,” Loki smirked, causing the girls to pout at him.

They weren’t pleased to hear that. Though my cheeks turned rosy pink.

Will those two be enough after this warmth ended? No, they had to be.

I couldn’t be near him. At my core, I refused to be the reason for his death. I had to show him how dangerous I was.

“Hmph. So full of yourself.” I huffed, crossing my hands.

He picked up my mask from my bed, swiftly closing the gap between us. Grabbing my hands, he brought them up to his lips.

“You’re so beautiful, Vivian. I don’t know how I’ll be able to— Ouch!” Loki hissed at Emma.

She had slapped his arm with her bag in annoyance, only to receive a shock because of her ring. Though in her eyes it was well worth it.

“Prince Loki, don’t get ahead of yourself.” She growled, recovering quickly.

His eyes twitched, letting me go. He turned to her, scowling.

“Oi, I should snap your hand for that.” He warned.

She rolled her eyes at him, shrugging. Another shock came her way. It almost appeared like she was getting used to them.

“But you won’t.” She huffed at him.

The event caused me to shake my head. Picking up Eli, who floated next to me, I handed him to Loki.

“Enough. We should go before you both get into trouble.” I sighed, gazing at Oswald.

He seemed to have just left the bed as a yawn left his lips. Grabbing the mask off Loki’s hand, we finally headed out of the room and into the party that was outside. The night was about to start.

I would have to dance around multiple dangers, as well as my own emotions.

What can go wrong?

2