Chapter 25: A will stronger than iron… Yet as soft as butter
54 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Agony rushed through my body as I stabbed Jin’s hand. The shock in his eyes as I did so urged me forward. Even though he had used the cursed dagger to make me a thrall, I wouldn’t allow him to win.

A portal opened up behind us as he grabbed me by my hair, falling into it. The next moment, we found ourselves in a free fall through the dark sky of Night City. Nothing would stop me from digging this dagger through the man’s heart.

Not even the impending doom below.

“Stupid bitch, let me go!” Jin ordered.

His words caused my body to throb, as anguish was the only thing I could feel. The curse was compelling me to act as he wanted. Yet I wouldn’t fall victim to it. Even as my thoughts became somewhat muddled by the pain.

“Never! I keep my fucking promises!” I snarled, vivid.

The anger of him trying to control me. Him... attempting to make me a slave, made me crack in every way possible. But before I could use my magic to end him, a voice snapped me from that frenzy.

“Vivian!” Thea yelled for me from above us.

The stupid Lycan girl had come for me. She should’ve stayed where it was safe. Her eye patch was also missing as she dove for us. I couldn’t concentrate on her, though. The warlock yanked on my hair, turning my gaze back onto him.

Jin’s eyes radiated green, too. In fact, we both were. The dagger’s curse also affected him, even though he was its current master. This meant he was the temporary ruler of this object. And that could change.

Such was the way with cursed objects. Witchcraft users made these. Most of the time, curses would end when the user died. But that didn’t apply to cursed objects. No, in these cases the warlock or witch who made it lived on within the object.

In the old days, most who were on death beds would do this. Letting go of my hair, he clasped where I was holding the knife. On his hand, there was a ring I recognized. It was silver with an obsidian gem on it.

A catalyst for his shadow magic, no doubt. My mother had made one, for my father had one too. It allowed warlocks to open portals without having to say the incantation. Jin tried to pull the knife out, but I didn’t let him.

Shifting my weight into him, I couldn’t care less if this was it. He groaned in pain as another portal opened below us. Thea, luckily, grabbed onto his leg as we fell through this one, too. It seemed the dagger was affecting his magic.

Somehow, it teleported us higher than before. We were close to the barrier that made night city dark. This time, instead of trying to remove the blade, he gazed toward Thea. She was barely hanging onto him as it was.

And without her powers, she would be floor décor if she lost her grip. When he raised his hand to her, there was slight darkness coming from it. Instinctively, I reached for the arm I had stabbed, yanking the dagger out.

The motion caused us to spin as a shadow beam shot down into the city below. I hadn’t gazed, but most of the city seemed on fire. Some of it was orange, while others were purple. We were too high up to hear the screams of everyone below.

The spin caused Thea to lose her grip as her claws went right through the warlock's leg. He screamed in pain as she into a free fall without us. Before I knew it, I reached for her. I should have kept my eye on the warlock, but I couldn’t let her fall to her death, either.

I clung to the warlock’s injured arm, reaching for her. Luckily, she grabbed onto the arm that held the dagger. Though her eyes widened upon seeing Jin aiming at us again.

“Die! You fucking bitches!” Jin snarled, chanting up another laser looking spell in his hand.

I couldn’t concentrate on his words, though. Thea used me to launch herself into the warlock. The motion again caused the attack to miss us. Though it hit her shoulder as I yanked him towards me.

Annoyed, he opened another portal, sending us to another free fall. Thea clung to the warlock’s uninjured arm but was quickly shaken off. He had slammed his elbow into her face. The blow caused her to fall separately from us again.

There was no way I could reach her and allow this warlock to live. With a split second to think and act, I moved for his hand. He had been gazing at the Lycan rather than me. There was no doubt he wanted to end her, and I couldn’t allow that.

The only way to stop this was to make him fall to his death. In less than a second, his arm was in my grasp. When he noticed the threat I had become, it was too late. I had his hand in mine, while his other was useless thanks to the injury it had endured.

His eyes widened when I took the knife to his finger containing the ring.

“You’re fucking crazy we’ll die!” Jin screamed.

He was right. We would fall to the ground and splatter, but he had pushed Thea too far away for me to save her, using him. Thus, what happened next was easy.

“Then we all fucking die!” I smirked, slicing his finger off.

I only cared for the now. And at this moment, all that mattered to me was killing the warlock. He screeched in pain. Of course, that was a feeling at the moment. There was no way I would allow Thea to die.

And if it meant exposing myself. Then I would. The incantation to open the portal was a long one. And without the catalyst, it also needed concentration. Something he wouldn’t manage. Thus, his fate was to meet the floor.

Shifting my gaze to Thea, I let go of the warlock to reach for her. But before I could even get off him, he gripped my rags, dragging me under him. Less than a second later, his bleeding hand was on my neck.

Another sharper throb ran through me. The rage in his eyes was comforting though. I hoped to do a quick levitation spell before Thea and I hit the floor. It was the best way to stay away from the rift’s influence, but it appeared Jin wouldn’t allow it.

The anger in his face was one I enjoyed, beyond belief, though. However, I couldn’t let him kill me. Not if it took two others with me. His time was up. I raised my hand to his face as it glowed. Shock flashed on his face when he saw the light.

But before I could complete it, blood surrounded us. In an instant, I knew he came for us. Tears swelled in my eyes as a second later, I was in Loki’s arms. Eli had caught Thea from below us. The concern in my vampire’s blueish purple orbs melted me.

“Vivian!” he called out to me, gazing at me, utterly worried.

The way my name sounded in his voice was alluring. He still wore the same suit from the dance. Even though it had been hours, he hadn’t changed. Though his hair was a mess as much as his clothes, too.

He had probably been trying to find us since we went missing.

“What took you so long?!” I cried, letting go of the dagger.

I reached for his face, only to be met with his lips. He licked my injured hand, healing the cut I had made earlier. Though he winced, not liking the taste of the warlock’s blood on me.

“Sorry, Remi didn’t make it easy for me.” He apologized, not liking the fact tears were rolling down my eyes.

Everything was so much that I couldn’t stop myself from kissing him. Unlike Jin, his lips felt so warm on mine. He responded with the same passion. Our tongues played with one another as he slowly descended to the ground.

He set me on the floor, separating from my lips before gazing at me. The concern was so prevalent in his eyes. I was covered in blood, and he didn’t know how many other injuries I had. He wanted to know everything, yet I couldn’t.

All I wanted was to feel him. To know I was safe.

“Vivi—” he began, but I stopped him by clashing with him again.

It wasn’t enough. He grabbed me by the back of my head to deepen the kiss. It was like he knew I needed that from him the most. When he separated from me this time, my legs felt mushy. The adrenaline was running out.

Pressing his forehead on mine, he breathed deeply.

“Oh, by the gods… I finally found you, Vivian.” He exhaled, trailing his fingers down my cheek.

His fingers trembled.

Is this fear for me? Even knowing what I am. He’s scared of me. I…

I kissed him again. And was quickly met by his tongue. However, our moment was caught short.

“Oh, how cute… Did you forget about me?” Jin huffed from the blood binds Loki had trapped him in.

My vampire had saved him from meeting with the floor. He was unaware of who the warlock was. And of course, he wasn’t a killer. I had also let my guard down. Being in Loki’s arms, I felt safe.

The moment we gazed at the warlock, he continued.

“Thrall, stab your lover in the heart.” He smirked.

A throb came through me as my body gave off a green hue. There was another lower golden glow, hidden within the green that overpowered it. The dagger had fallen under us. So, it meant it was within reach.

Instinctively, I shoved myself away from Loki, tumbling next to the dagger. My beloved went for me. Even though I was in agony from trying to fight off the command. I wouldn’t allow him near me.

“Stay away from me!” I snarled at Loki, stopping him in place.

I didn’t know if I could stop this from happening. Every part of my being was yearning to hurt him. And the more I resisted, the more pain I felt. It was making me tremble where I was.

“How adorable. You still want to fight it?” Jin snickered, enjoying my struggle.

Loki wasn’t a murderer. Something I loved about him, too. He was pure like Thea was. The poor female Lycan was dead tired on Eli. The adrenaline-fueled strength we had drained us both. Yet… I couldn’t…

“What the fuck did you do to her?!” Loki scowled, closing the gap between them.

My prince clutched Jin by his shirt, but instead of answering him. The warlock laughed. My vampire’s expression was one of pure anger. Though he was too pure to hurt the warlock without knowing what was going on.

And I wouldn’t have had him any other way, either. This came as a blessing, too. If he killed the warlock, the dagger would shift owners. And it seemed this one had a permanent one besides the temporary warlock.

Though, who it was would be a mystery. I had to beat this curse before it shifted and grabbed hold of my soul. Though it felt like I was fighting two things at the same time. Though, I knew that was when curses were at their weakest.

In the onset, they were more breakable than in the later stages. And in witchcraft, even emotions could throw off an incantation. Curses were no different. Yet this pain was debilitating. It was the worst pain I had ever felt.

Or… is it?

Memories were threatening to consume me. Yet… I…

“Loki, he cut her with that creepy thing! All those thralls are connected to it too!” Thea informed, getting off Eli.

The moment her feet touched the floor, she fell right where she stood. Yet it didn’t stop the snake from slithering to me once, free of her. Unlike Loki, I couldn’t kill him. Shadow demons were immortal while in our realm.

Though, I had already picked it up. My hands were quivering even more than before. The blade was heavier when it was aimed at the love of my life.

“What?!” my prince couldn’t grasp what was going on.

Who would? He had arrived at this mess only minutes before. And I was already trying to kill him, too. This was pathetic. I was a goddess.

How can a mortal control me?! This is… utterly absurd!

“It’s a cursed item. I know nothing else about it, though!” Thea added, struggling to get up from where she had fallen.

“Ah… I… I…” I mumbled, trying to concentrate away from the anguish my body was going through.

But it was hard. It hurt so much that part of me wanted to use the dagger to end my life. Upon hearing me, Loki turned to me. The instant he noticed the pain I was in, he shifted towards the warlock with a threatening expression.

“I’ll fucking kill you if you don’t reverse it!” Loki snapped at Jin.

Jin laughed at his face.

“There is no reversing it! Even if there’s a way, I’ll never tell it to you!” he crackled, enjoying the pain in my prince’s eyes.

It was like the warlock wanted. He was taking the vampire’s happiness away. Back when we were in free fall, I had forgotten about the curse at the moment. But now that we were safely on the floor, it had become the one thing I needed to break.

After all, Thea was safe. I didn’t have to sacrifice myself for her. And if I was right that the dagger was only temporarily the warlock’s then, I had to act. From the way my prince was gazing at Jin, I could tell he was about to kill him.

Even the pure could snap. Especially when there was someone important to them who was in danger.

“No! Don’t kill him!” I screamed.

My voice caused him to snap away from Jin. But the look on my prince’s face was one of desperation. He was terrified to lose me.

“Vivian,” Loki called out, taking a step towards me.

I shook my head, not wanting him near me. Eli was quick to act, though. Being the god of emotions, he could feel everything that was radiating from me.

“Don’t go near her!” the snake warned, feeling the strength of the curse too.

He knew I was also close to my breaking point. Either my will or my mind would give to this curse. My mortal body limited me. It looked like I would fail at this, too.

“What are you waiting for?! Kill him!” Jin yelled at me.

Again, pulses of energy rippled through me. I was shattering.

A mortal… breaking me.

A memory emerged from the pain. It was almost as clear as day. Someone was holding me close to their chest. It was…

Vivian, is the reason you want a mortal body still the same? Edna asked, tapping my cover with her fingertips.

Yes! So, I can hug you! I giggled, enjoying her warmth.

I never knew I loved her this much. It was radiating from me, filling me in ways I never knew existed. Though, the emotion I had for Loki was much more intense than what I felt for her. She was important, but not as essential as Loki had become for me.

Hm… Even after all these years, is that really all you want? She smiled at me.

Her beautiful green orbs were gazing at me with such affection. In them, I was her child, even if she hadn’t birthed me. I was a simple book. Yet I was loved by her.

Okay. Well, I want to make my choices. It’s painful to depend on you for everything, Edna. I don’t want you to be burdened by me! I want to help! And be by your side! I declared, humming happily.

Back then, all I needed was her. All I wanted was her. Yet it had changed.

Oh, child… You’re wonderful. But you don’t know how ugly a body can be. It can be a cage. Edna sighed, worried for me.

She probably wondered how I would be once I had my mortal life. After all, hers had been a living nightmare. Destroyed and ravished by vampires and every other race. Yet at the same time, she was saved by a Lycan.

Well, from what my father told me.

What can be worse than being voiceless? And a slave to what others want? I asked, confused.

At this time, she hadn’t told me her story. No, she never did while she lived. My mother always wanted the best for me. Though my father said she wrote me a letter before her death. Though that was also in her grimoire.

For a moment, Edna gazed into the distance, closing her eyes. Her beautiful black hair waved in the air. I really was a spitting image of her while my powers were dormant.

A slave with a voice. She answered, wishing that would never happen to me.

I was unaware of what was going on in her mind, though.

At least someone will listen. I argued, knowing what it felt to not have anyone hear me.

Well, until she met me in that temple. Nothing could be worse than that.

Perhaps. She chuckled.

Edna was right and wrong. Being a slave with a voice could drain anyone, but at least I had a way to express my emotions. And even if it was futile, I refused to be a slave.

To him or anyone! This pain that courses through my body is nothing!

“Like hell, I will!” I screeched, standing up from where I was.

Green energy was surrounding my body at an exponential rate. It was responding to my inner strength. To my will. It wouldn’t bend to Jin. Or to anyone. I would fight with tooth and nail. No matter who my opponent was.

Let it be a mortal or a god! I’ll destroy them in the end!

My body was also giving off a white hue.

“What? Impossible… The curse should’ve been implanted into you already.” Jin muttered, shocked at what was happening.

Of the hundreds of thralls, he made against their will. I was the only one plowing through the curse.

“Don’t put me with those weak, pathetic beings you made into a puppet!” I snapped, clutching onto the dagger.

Cracks were showing on it. Any more and it would shatter. It couldn’t handle me. I already knew what it was to be a slave. It was engraved into my soul. After all, Aster and Orenz intended me to be a lifeless tool. One that mistakenly was given life.

I knew what it was to be controlled.

Never again!

“Curse?! This is nothing to me! Do you think a fucking mortal can control me?! You?” I cackled, my sanity was slipping too.

The anguish I was feeling was extreme yet alluring at the same time. If this was the pain, I needed to be free from him. Then I would endure it endlessly. The energy radiating from me was almost blinding.

The magic of the cursed object was being absorbed by me. Something I had never done, yet I was about to unleash it on him. I didn’t even realize it when I got close to him. Though I think Eli helped me.

With the emotions radiating from me, he knew it was what I needed. Nothing else would quell me or free me. This warlock had to die. The terror in his eyes, though, was beyond me. Back when we fell, he thought he might’ve imagined it.

But he quickly realized I was no normal being. I didn’t know what expression I was making. But surely it wasn’t one fit to be a goddess. No… I was a demon incarnated! And that made me happier than being a saint.

“Fool! My will isn’t something a weak pig like you can crush! No one will control me! Not you or the gods! And not fucking Yama! All of you who try can go to fucking oblivion for all I care!” I spat, concentrating the energy onto the blade.

It was about to snap.

“Vivian!” Loki called out to me, but he wouldn’t take a step toward me.

From Eli, he knew what I felt. And tonight, he would see how I truly was. It didn’t matter if he kissed me after. Nothing mattered to me while I stood in front of Jin. No, all that mattered was this man dying.

The world was damned for all I cared. I grabbed onto his hair, yanking it up to expose his neck. I was rabid. The anger and pain were merging. I lost to the pleasure of killing him.

“In fact, I’ll send you there myself!” I seethed, slicing his neck ear to ear with the same dagger he had used to enslave me and others.

It caused a chain reaction as green lights beamed up from the sky, culminating in me. The curse was lifted from everyone else around the city. The illuminations were consuming everything.

“Rot along with anyone who seeks to control others!” I finished as a white light consumed me too.

The dagger turned into ashes in my hand when the glow dimmed. In front of me was Jin’s lifeless body. It was over. Or so I wanted it to be. I didn’t know if I had used my magic instead of the dagger. But that was a different issue to deal with.

There was a pressing matter I needed to attend to. So, even though my body wanted me to rest, I wouldn’t. On the warlock's neck, there was a key hanging on it. But that wasn’t the concern. It was who it would release.

“Vivi…” Loki worried about me.

He was such a fool. There was no reason for his voice to sound so desperate to reach me. It wasn’t like I was out of control. No, I was more level-minded than when all of this began. Eli was with me as my prince approached me from the side.

He would have to wait, though.

“You…” Thea mumbled, standing up from where she was.

Even though my rags and most of my skin were bloodied, my mark was on display from the moment my prince touched me. Even though I did most without my magic. I couldn’t deny the fact the mark was on display to her.

These rags weren’t covering it well. I grabbed onto the key, yanking it off the dead warlock.

“Loki, she—” she didn’t know what to say.

Green and white orbs surrounded the entire city, alerting everyone how a curse was lifted. Upon being called, my prince turned to her as he grabbed my waist.

“Look, I can explain,” Loki sighed.

His grip on me was protective. I shook my head, turning to her too.

Friend, or enemy?

She had been an ally until this point. Though, from here on there was no way to know.

It doesn’t matter in the end.

“There isn’t anything to explain. I’m the being your mother’s looking for. Your brothers' link.” I intercepted, throwing the key at her.

She caught it, though her eyes didn’t shift from me. The fact I had thrown her freedom at her surprised her, too. Especially since she knew who I was. Though something was more concerning.

“Then aren’t you supposed to be this powerful being?! Why did you let that man do that to you?!” Thea questioned me.

I couldn’t help but laugh at her. This entire family was strange. She cared more about my well-being. Or perhaps it was because she thought I could’ve ended everything sooner. It probably was that.

“What?” Loki mumbled, getting even more concerned.

“Ah, that worries you. Why didn’t I end things sooner? Please…” I cackled.

This is dumb.

But this entire thing fit the family they were. Of course, Rem wouldn’t but all her kids were sweet. Well, to a point.

“Stupid girl, I doubt you’ll understand, but I’ll enlighten you.” I drew away from Loki, taking a few steps towards Thea.

She was trying to open the collar with the key I threw at her.

“There’s a rift opened between the celestial plane and this realm. I already fucked up multiple times tonight. One of them was when I used my magic against Tania. Another was when I collapsed the ceiling. And now… I don’t know if I didn’t influence that.” I confessed.

There was nothing I would hide. There was no reason to. It appeared my time with Loki was ending. How I wished the kiss lasted longer. Yet it seemed I would have to leave. Or take him with me.

But if I did that, Rem would never stop hunting for us. And I was sure he didn’t want to leave his family for me. Something had to give.

“I tried to limit my magic. Sadly, with the rift opened, I could bring the living gods' attention to this realm. Something I need to avoid if I want this world to stay as it is.” I shrugged, downplaying what had happened.

There was no way I would let them know how much it affected me, though. After all, they didn’t know what it meant for me. I never told Loki of my fate with the living gods. There was no way he would know the meaning of everything I said earlier.

And it was better for me to remain a monster in their eyes. I couldn’t break.

“I recommend we all achieve that goal because it concerns your reality too,” I added, gazing at Eli.

Elias was the perfect example of what happened. Though the sneaky snake was always near me when he could. It was taking everything in him to not go on with me.

“So, you just…” Thea trailed off, not believing I was the same being that her mother hated.

The disbelief and bewilderment were prevalent in her crimson orb. After all, I had offered myself to Jin multiple times to keep them safe. An evil being would never do that.

“So, I endured everything while waiting for a moment to strike. I can’t be more than a fucking mortal girl while the rift is up.” I sighed, remembering the feeling of his tongue on my skin.

It was disgusting. How I wished I could wash it away.

“But why did you save us? You could have let them—” She tried to continue to query me.

I couldn’t allow her to know the truth. That I felt guilty and responsible for them.

“Look, the only reason I saved you was because I might need you later.” I pointed out, turning away from her.

I was getting flustered.

“Oh, I see. So, we’re just pawns for you. Is that why you let Jin have his way with you?” Thea huffed.

My pride made me fall right into her trap, though.

“Exactly,” I agreed.

Eli hissed, turning his head towards the dead warlock. Loki flushed in anger when he heard that too.

“Wait, the warlock did what?!” he growled, loudly.

We both ignored him, though. Thea wasn’t done either.

“Is that why you scream at Jin how much you—” she sprouted with a sly smile on her lips.

My heart snapped at her. There was no hiding what I felt at that moment. Even so, I could never be honest.

“Shut up! That was just to antagonize him!” I argued, flustered.

I had forgotten how I had declared my emotions in the heat of the moment. The desperation in my eyes appeared to take her off course. After all, it wasn’t her place to put me. Though she seemed pleased to realize it was genuine.

“Hm… I see why you’re fond of her, big brother.” She smirked, finally freeing herself from the collar.

In an instance, the red aura came back to her. All her injuries had healed, too. How unpleasant. I wanted to wipe that expression off her face.

“Oi… What the fuck happened?” Loki huffed, annoyed at the thoughts his mind was forming.

Of course, he wasn’t thinking anything good. Instead of answering him, I gazed away from them. Something on the floor caught Thea’s attention.

“Oh, fuck you actually cut his finger off?” she chuckled, picking up the severed limb.

It was damaged, yet the ring was still intact. She pulled it out before tossing it at me. I stumbled to catch it. She was throwing me off course.

“It was the only way to stop him from porting away. I couldn’t let you fall into your death.” I mumbled.

Before I knew it, I was in her arms. I didn’t know what she was going to do, but there was no way she would hurt me. Well, not while I was linked to Loki and Oswald. The way she was holding me was too tender, though.

“Oh gosh, Loki! She’s adorable! A little psychopathic, but the good kind, I guess. I approve!” Thea giggled, smothering me.

Approve?! What?!

I couldn’t help but try to shove her away. Her Lycan strength, though, didn’t let me. Again, vampires and wolves were annoying! Their speed and strength excelled every other race.

“Oi! Don’t treat me like this! I’m a goddess! A fucking goddess! I deserve respect!” I declared.

It was like I hadn’t said a thing, though.

“Oh, smite me! I don’t mind!” Thea beamed, enjoying the moment.

This girl was insane. Just like… I gazed at my vampire, who was irritated.

“Oi…” Loki breathed.

The poor prince appeared to have it with us, ignoring him.

“Back off, big brother. We’re just getting to know each other more.” Thea huffed, holding me in her grasp.

I went to complain but quickly stopped feeling something off. A malevolent aura was surging around us. Loki, Eli, and Thea were unaware. Yet I felt it for some reason. If it was because the effects of the curse were surrounding the entire city, or if it was something else, I wouldn’t know.

But the back of my hair was standing again.

“Vivian?” they both mumbled my name.

I gaze up at the tallest building next to us. These blue eyes were glaring at us. Mine couldn’t follow what happened next. Less than a second to act, I…

“Eli!” I screamed.

It alerted the snake of the incoming danger, but it was too late to counter. All he could do was take the incoming blow for us. It sent him flying into a building and another. It was good how connected Eli and Loki were, though.

In a blink of an eye, everything was set and done. Spikes of blood had pinned our attacker onto the wall of the building he jumped from. It was no one else other than Oliver. He appeared rabid, though.

“Jin!” he called out to his dead brother.

Loki had set the dead warlock on the floor, and Oliver’s eyes were glued to him. The fury coming from him was unexpected. The blue aura that radiated from him was another matter, too.

“Loki, destroy his core!” I clung to him.

If we didn’t, we would… There was no time to explain, though.

“What?!” Loki asked, utterly confused.

He didn’t know how much danger we were in. Though the blue aura made everything eerie. We only had a second, and I didn’t have the time to explain what a homunculus was to him. We didn’t even know where the core was, but it was all that left my mouth.

Because of this, we missed our chance.

“How dare you?!? Do this to my baby brother?!?!” Oliver snarled.

In his hands, blue orbs were containing… Less than a second later, we were staring at six shadow beasts. Loki went on the defense as the male Lycan got free from his bindings. He jumped over to Jin.

My eyes couldn’t follow them, as Loki had to confine six beasts on his own. I didn’t know how many he had fought before getting to us. Especially in the ball, since I remembered hearing their roars there, but it appeared to keep six from breaking out was a handful.

The blood cages held them, but even a strong vampire like him wasn’t impotent. He had drunk my blood this morning, meaning he had the strength to fight. Though it wasn’t as strong as if he had drunk from me now.

And he couldn’t break concentration from the caged beast without someone to take their attention. Much like Leo had done for us that day. One broke free soon after. Eli though caught it before it could come near us.

Wanting to get payback, Thea launched for Oliver. Again, everything happened so fast.

“No! Don’t!” I tried to warn her, but I couldn’t keep up.

The rogue Lycan crushed Thea’s hand in his, before breaking her arm in the shape of a V. The screech that came from her mouth startled us. It almost caused Loki to break from the beasts in front of him.

“Oh… you think because you got your powers back, you’re a challenge to me? Pup, you’re inexperienced!” Oliver chuckled, enjoying her pain.

“Thea!” Loki screamed for his baby sister.

Though, the moment he gazed away from the beast, one almost got out. That didn’t stop the blood spikes came from Oliver. It would have killed anyone else. However, instead of downing him, it just pissed him off more.

Though his eyes were glued on Thea. A crooked laugh came from him. Even if Loki melted his mind, that wouldn’t stop him. His healing factor was on overdrive thanks to the core in his body.

“Oh, don’t break your concentration, bloodsucker. You have your hands full.” Oliver antagonized Loki, laughing at him.

The male Lycan was right. Loki had his hands full, especially since the beasts appeared to be Ancient or of higher rank. There was no time to think. This wolf was about to irreversibly hurt Thea.

If he pulled a slight bit, he would have ripped her arm off.

“Stop! I’m the one you want!” I offered myself again, showing him the ring.

He could tell from a simple sniff that Jin’s blood was on me the most. There was no exit. No way out. I had to keep him off her. From the shadow demons behind us, he was the worst of them all.

“You?!” he snarled, not quite believing me.

I took a step toward him.

“I always keep my word!” I assured him.

He let go of Thea, smirking at me like a beast himself.

“No, Vivian!” Loki yelled for me, forgetting about the demons he was containing.

My beloved went for me when Oliver did, too. Again, everything was too fast for me to follow. Before I knew it, I was in Loki’s arms. The eerie wolf’s fist crashed against a blood wall. Eli had thrown the beast in his grip up into the air, joining us at speeds I couldn’t follow. His tail had whacked Oliver away from us as the beasts behind us were all free.

However, a second later, something came from above, crashing Oliver to the ground. His head splattered upon contact. Purple flames erupted from behind us, sending the attacking beast into a temporary retreat.

Loki and I had fallen onto Eli, though my beloved was holding my back to his chest for dear life.

“Dad?!” Thea gasped, noticing her father on top of Oliver’s headless body.

Alijah’s piercing eyes gazed at Loki and me. He appeared to be a different man without a mask on his face. Again, he was the most beautiful Lycan I had ever met. Even with his age, that hadn’t changed.

It reminded me of how Loki was jealous when I gazed at his picture. It felt like that had happened years ago, though.

“Your mom will be angry with you when she finds you here.” He sighed, turning to his injured daughter.

I wanted relief to wash over me, but something about what was happening didn’t allow it. If it was because Rem was right behind us, or the fact Oliver wasn’t dead. Though, the purple shine from the beasts being purged was easing the stress.

However, before I could breathe freely. Oliver’s hand twitched. It could’ve been a normal body reflex. They usually happened a while after expiration. Especially on someone who was battling before death.

Yet, I knew better. His core was still intact. And to find it would be another problem. But with Alijah’s power. With Valdios, the god of destruction, and power, it would be much simpler.

“He isn’t dead!” I warned.

Less than a second later, Oliver was up and launching at the old black wolf. But unlike me, who couldn’t keep up with a Lycan or vampire, Alijah could. Instead of meeting with his target, the brown wolf met with his hand. It clasped onto the younger wolf’s throat.

“You know, I was far from here. These fucking buildings are a pain to maneuver. But I managed to hear what you said to my daughter. And to me, you’re nothing but dust.” He growled.

A red shined came from him, then Oliver was gone. The way the black Lycan that was supposed to be my guardian controlled his power was jaw-dropping. He and Rem were essential for the battle with the living gods.

If it ever came to that. Though there was no doubt in my heart, this wolf was the re-birthed soul of Valdios, the god of destruction. A small glimmer came from where he had killed Oliver. And that caught my attention.

Though, before I could even realize what it was. Rem landed next to us. And she was irritated to see Loki there, much like Alijah had warned.

“What the fuck are you doing here?! I told you to stay in the castle!” she questioned the vampire.

She was furious. Though, in reality, she was worried about his well-being. And seeing him there, where all the fight was going on, scared her. After all, he was destined to die.

“But I—” he choked, seeing her angered face.

No matter what, she was his mother. And he knew the lecture he would get after everything was done. But that didn’t bound me. Nor did I respect her. It annoyed me how she put him down. After all, without him.

Thea might’ve died. Loki wasn’t a child or needed protection.

“If he had come a second later. We both would’ve been dead! He saved us!” I stood up for him, who held me tighter.

If I took the wrong step, my mark would’ve been seen. Even my long hair black couldn’t hide the mark from showing through the rags. The luma narrowed her eyes at me. Behind her, Alijah realigned Thea’s break, stabilizing it with anything sturdy around and cloth.

The black Lycan appeared so caring while his words only tried to soothe his baby girl.

“Even if that were true. If I was one second later, I wouldn’t have lost Thea alone. I would’ve lost him too! It would’ve been three lives lost instead of two!” she argued.

The worry in her eyes was refreshing. She even counted me in there.

Touching…

It was valid. But the what-ifs would never end if she stared.

“Is that how you’ll play it? Then I’ll throw you the ball too. If he had never come, you would’ve been late for us. But that didn’t happen. And you weren’t late! You came and saved us when we needed it!” I didn’t back down.

I was nothing like the girl she had met at the ball. She winced, gazing away from us.

“We’ll speak later! Go back to the castle! The city’s crawling with shadow demons.” Rem chided.

A second later, they were gone. Thea held her injured limb, climbing into Eli. I stepped away from Loki to grab the weird black crystal that was on the floor. It was broken. I had never seen one like it before.

Yet again, I never knew how the core of homunculi was. Without saying a word, Loki picked me up in his arms. There were no more distractions, though. Rem and Alijah had been clearing the city.

Purple flames were present all around. It appeared they had chased all the demons to the edge of down. When we dropped off Thea by the gate, she was met by medics that would help her heal faster.

We couldn’t go the same way, though. Not with the mark on my back. Although the medics wanted to tend to me too, Loki refused to even come close to the ground with me. Though that didn’t stop Thea from speaking to us.

For some reason, she didn’t tell Rem or Alijah who I was. To me, that was intriguing, yet she could later if she wanted. Perhaps she didn’t want to distract them.

“I want to learn more about you, Vivian! Thank you for saving me!” she waved her good hand.

Though it wasn’t long before she winced in pain. Her voice caused me to snuggle into Loki, who shook his head. With that, we left. We entered his room through the windows as Eli closed them behind us.

I thought Oswald would be here, but he wasn’t. Placing me down on the floor, I took a few steps away from my prince. There was no ignoring his question anymore. And I didn’t feel like reliving what had happened.

“Vivi, what happened to you? What did Thea mean by you letting him have his way with you?” Loki questioned, grabbing me by my arm.

I was still a bloody mess. All I wanted was a good shower. Most of my bruises and scrapes were covered by the blood of others, too.

“It was nothing she was just exaggerating,” I answered, gazing away from his eyes.

It scared me for him to know.

“Oh, I’m painfully aware of how much you lie to me. But don’t shut me out.” Loki sighed.

I couldn’t…

You might not want me after you know.

And that scared me. I was pathetic.

“I’m not! Fuck this, I need to shower before Rem comes to question the shit out of me.” I tried to push him away.

But of course, how would I ever push a vampire. There was no chance of that happening.

“Hm… Okay.” Loki hummed, leading me into the bathroom.

He didn’t know how to take a hint. Or better yet, he knew if he let me go. I would go to a place where he couldn’t reach.

“Alone!” I squealed, feeling flustered.

This wasn’t the first time we showered together. In fact, we did it all the time. Inside the bathroom, Loki pinned me against the wall. He wasn’t pleased by what I had said.

“Alone? We’ve been doing this for weeks now. So, why now out of all the times?” he asked bluntly.

My prince was already suspicious, but my rejections were bothering him. Though it was the jealousy of another man touching me that drove him.

“Because… I—” I choked on my words.

I mean, what would I have said? I had nothing. Though he wouldn’t allow me to think thoroughly. Before I knew it, he ripped my rags off me. A small, sharp yelp left my lips. Even with the dry blood on me, he noticed right away; the breast where Jin had touched.

There were two new bruises on it. And that set him off.

“Did he fuck you?” Loki breathed, trying to keep the anger from spilling.

It wasn’t aimed at me, but his eyes were glowing brightly. The blue shined caused me to shiver, flashing back to when Oliver was glaring at us.

“No… he was going to hurt your sisters. I couldn’t allow that.” I tried to defend myself.

He stopped for a minute, grabbing the crystal I had picked up from my hands. He gazed at it before throwing it aside. Luckily, Eli caught it before it fell to the floor.

“What?” I mumbled, gazing back at Loki.

He appeared unimpressed and annoyed.

“So, this is what Thea was hinting at? Why did you do something so stupid?!” he chided.

Is anyone in this family grateful?!

“Because I couldn’t let anyone you care about die. The warlock didn’t want to kill me. He wanted to have his way with me. That’s better than death!” I argued back.

My prince slammed his hand into the wall, startling me. He couldn’t believe the words coming out of my mouth.

“I’ve heard that rape is one of the worst things that could happen to anyone! Do you think you would’ve come out unscathed?!” he snapped at my foolishness.

The worry in his voice, though, was breaking me. Of course, I would never shatter.

“I was better damaged than them dead! So, what if his disgusting tongue was on me?! I'll rather be tainted by him than… For Luna or Thea to have been spiked! Than Gerta dead!” I declared, grabbing onto his jacket.

Saying their names caused my heart to drop. All this time, I didn’t know if they were alright.

“Vivi…” Loki sighed, trailing his hand down my cheek.

“Are they alive?! Did they both make it?!” I asked, gripping tighter.

He gave me a wry smile. It was obviously hiding something, but I wouldn’t know what it was. At least yet

“Yeah… They did. Grandma found them. They’re already back here with Oz. Thanks to them I could sneak away from Ruz.” He informed.

I sighed in relief. Though that didn’t stop me from hitting my beloved vampire. Though my slap on his chest was nothing to cry over.

“You were late!” I growled, scowling at him.

In reality, I was glad he came when he did. He bit onto his bottom lip, pressing his forehead against mine. His beautiful blueish purple orbs only showed sorrow. If it was up to him, he would’ve been there from the beginning of everything.

“I know, I’m sorry.” His voice cracked.

I went to kiss him but stopped. Slowly, I drew away from his lips.

“Why?” he breathed, wondering why I halted.

He didn’t follow me, though. Not after the night I had. No, he would wait until I came to him.

“Do you still want me?” I asked, voice trembling.

His answer terrified me. After all, another man had touched me. I never knew I could feel this insecure. For a moment, his eyes glossed.

“What?!” he huffed, unable to believe what had come out of my mouth.

The suddenness of it all caused me to get startled. I closed my eyes in an attempt to escape.

“Never mind, don’t answer,” I mumbled.

He grabbed onto my hands.

“Oh, Vivian… Look at me, please.” He breathed, calmly.

Hesitantly, I did.

“Can I kiss you?” he asked, smiling gently.

I softly nodded. A second later, his lips were on mine. His tongue found its way into my mouth. However, it was a short one. Licking my lips, he pressed his forehead against mine again. What came out of his mouth next would fill me in ways I never thought possible.

Even though I knew, I never thought I would hear it.

“I love you. That won’t change, no matter what happens. Even if another man does anything to you. I’ll always love you.” Loki confessed; cheeks rosy.

My eyes widened, bigger than I had ever opened them before.

“L-love?” I stumbled to say.

I couldn’t… There was no way he said that. This was impossible for us. He knew this was temporary. Our feelings could never meet. Yet that didn’t stop him.

“When I found out you were missing today. I felt my heart grow cold. Something in me was telling me I had to go find you. I was so scared that I was losing my mind over you. Though, I learned my lesson.” He announced, leaving me open.

“I’m never leaving you with my big brother again. No, I’m never leaving your side, period.” He grabbed onto my cheeks, trailing his thumbs on them.

Though, the one thing that stuck to my mind was the words he had said.

“You can’t love me,” I mumbled.

Eli, who had been turning on the shower, came over to us and nudged my cheek. He was another one who wasn’t on me either like he usually was. They were moving at my pace. Nothing to push me.

After all, they didn’t know what Jin had done to me. I was vague.

“I love you, Vivian.” Loki professed, kissing my forehead.

Eli pressed his head against my cheek.

“More than anything.” The little snake chuckled.

Their touch was loving. Grabbing my hand, my vampire drew it towards his cheek. He leaned on it.

“Look at what you do to me.” He whispered, closing his eyes, enjoying my warmth.

“I—” I began, only to be met by his lips.

Another brief peck. He pulled away from them, licking his own.

“Can I replace him with me?” he asked, gazing at the two bruises Jin had left behind.

“I want you to,” I whispered, nodding my head slightly.

A soft smile rose on his lips, but he didn’t move toward me.

“Okay… take the lead, my love. I don’t want to do anything you’re uncomfortable with.” He simpered, gazing at me lovingly.

“Are you giving me permission to do anything I want?” I asked, feeling off.

This had to be a dream. Perhaps I fell to my death, and this was what it felt to be in the afterlife. Well, before reincarnation.

“Yeah, Vivi. You can do anything you want to me.” Loki simpered.

I bit my lip.

If this is a dream, then I can do everything I want.

Slowly, I reached for his pants. He patiently waited for me to undo them. Kissing me on my forehead when I tugged out his heat. For a moment, I gazed at his member. This wasn’t the first time I had seen it, nor touched it.

But something about it made me yearn for it. It wasn’t fully straight, though.

“Don’t stare, I’m getting jumpy.” He breathed.

I clasped onto his heat, triggering a soft sigh to leave his lips when I pumped it. It was semisoft, but it became harder with every stroke.

“Your hand feels good, Vivi.” He released a soft chuckle, placing his hands on the wall behind me.

Leaning over to my ear, he moaned into it. There was a clear liquid coming from the tip of his heat, too. The warmth radiating from it was alluring. I wanted him to always be mine. I retreated from his member, gazing up at his face.

His eyes were full of desire. When it came from Jin, everything felt horrible. Yet from my vampire… it was different.

“Let’s get in the shower,” I mumbled, barely able to keep my thoughts straight.

There was no way my playful prince was this docile. I had to have fallen asleep the moment I came into the room. This couldn’t be reality.

“Okay. Lead the way.” He smiled, gazing over to the tub where Eli allowed the water to run until it was warm.

Taking off the remaining pieces of the rag, I allowed them to hit the floor, stepping into the running water. The hot water washed away the blood I had on me. I could see it drain into the tub's pipe.

Without touching me, my prince came close to my ear.

“Let me know what you want me to do to you,” Loki whispered from behind me.

Shivers ran down my spine. It wasn’t of fear, but anticipation. I didn’t want him to taste the warlock or the foreign blood on me, though. A silly thought. My vampire would hold me, no matter what.

“Can I wash first?” I asked, turning to him slightly.

He nodded, kissing my cheek lightly.

“Of course.” He chuckled.

I lathered myself up with soap, but before I could wash it off. I heard Loki sigh again. Turning to him, I saw him stroking himself to me. My cheeks turned bright pink.

“W-what a-are y-you doing!?” I yelped.

My response caused him to smirk, enjoying the cute reaction I had to him.

“I said you can wash. Not that I would be patient.” He relished the moment.

Though what I said next wasn’t something he expected. I took a step closer to him.

“Show me more.” I simpered.

It was a sight to memorize. Unlike any other man, I wanted him to desire me like that. His cheeks went rosy, too. Almost as to answer my request, he pumped himself more.

“Fuck!” He cursed under his breath, feeling frustrated.

I wanted to learn by heart everything. Every facial expression was for my eyes alone. The water washed my body as Loki’s strokes got faster.

“Any more and I’m going to—” he began.

I stopped him, though. Instead of allowing it to go on to its release. I grabbed onto his arm, tugging him into the water with me. Eli was on the floor of the tub, wanting to be on me. But he waited for me to be ready for it.

“No… not yet,” I whispered.

When Loki was under the water, I used the soap to touch his body.

“Okay,” he smirked, liking my wants of him.

I used the soap to clean as I went. Again, he waited for me. I watered our bodies to rinse them from the soap. Though I smiled, getting on my knees soon after.

“Wait, Vivi,” Loki mumbled, surprised.

He didn’t think I would do something this bold. Especially after the night I had.

“You said for me to take the lead, right?” I reminded.

He simpered, biting his lip. I brought his heat into my mouth. Hesitantly, he reached for my head, only to pull away. Not liking that, I clasped onto his limbs, leading them to my hair. There he grabbed onto it.

A moan left his lips as I continued to pleasure him. He was the only one that I would do this willingly. Closing his eyes, he gave himself to the feeling. His grip on my hair tightened too.

“Fuck! I want to… make love to you! Vivi! I’m going to—” He warned, eyes glowing.

But I did not stop. Instead, I continued my pace. A loud whine left his lips, filling my mouth with his nectar. The twitching member was so alluring to me. Even when his liquid overflowed my mouth, I felt happy.

It dripped down my chin and onto my breasts. Swallowing what I could, Loki only showed affection in his eyes.

Since this is a dream… a fantasy… I can be honest, right?

“You know… It was comforting for me to know. That there wasn’t a centimeter in my body where you haven’t been.” I confessed, standing up.

In response, the vampire clasped my cheeks, kissing me deeply. The fact that his taste lingered in my mouth didn’t matter to him. His tongue left me breathless. Pulling away from my lips, he hovered over them.

I could barely keep my breath steady.

“I love you.” He murmured.

My heart stung every time he said that. I could never answer him back. Not without poisoning him. Even if this was a dream… this was dangerous. And I was wavering.

“Stop saying that.” My voice cracked.

He chuckled, shaking his head.

“I won’t stop. Now tell me what you want me to do?” he smirked, licking his lips.

I gazed at him, hopeful, yet wary of everything to come.

I can have this moment, right? I deserve this one after what I did, right?

I didn’t want to wake up. This dream was too much for me.

“Kiss me again. Like you mean it.” I demanded.

A second later, my lips were stolen by him. His tongue played with mine until I was short on breath again.

“What else?” he tugged away from my lips.

I could barely re-oxygenate my brain. Everything was fuzzy. The warm water was probably getting to me too. Yet, the only thing in my mind was him.

“Make my breast tender, like you did this morning,” I ordered.

Without even answering me, he sat me on the bathtub's edge. Passing his hand on my bruises, he made them go away before doing as I asked of him. His mouth was on my nobs, sucking on them like he was trying to milk them.

His fangs brushed against my skin, but he never penetrated it. He was careful to not give too much attention to one before switching to the other one. My hands found their way into his curly hair.

Before I knew it, there were new bruises to replace the ones he had erased. Though my voice traveled through the bathroom.

“Loki,” I mewled his name, tugging on his hair slightly.

Pulling away from my breast, he pecked my lips.

“Hm…?” he hummed, gazing at me.

The care in his eyes was melting me. Unable to hold back, I kissed him. A second later, his tongue was playing with mine again. This was nothing like Jin when he... I coiled his curls on my fingertips, enjoying the affection.

When he drew away from my lips, he pressed his lips against my ear.

“I love you.” He murmured.

Again, my heart stung. His words were so full of warmth, though. I felt in bliss. Especially when they were words, I never thought I would hear. I tugged on his hair a bit again, causing him to pull away from there and gaze at me.

“Lick me down there too.” I requested, blushing.

A sly smile crossed his lips. Pecking me on my lips, he trailed kisses down my neck and chest. Everywhere he went, he healed any scrapes or bruises I had. Well, ones not made by him.

“Gladly.” He breathed, trailing down my navel and into my groin.

Separating my legs, he glanced at my sensitive area before kissing my inner thigh. I huffed at his tease, triggering a small chuckle to come from his lips.

“You’re adorable. Especially, when you’re being so docile.” He pointed out.

My heart felt like it was about to blow. It was fluttering out of control.

“Shut up! I want to be pleased correctly! That’s all!” I spat out, flustered.

A smirk formed on his lips.

“There she is.” He noted, going down on me.

The moment I felt his tongue on my bell, I gasped. Turning my head to the side, I noticed Eli by the showerhead. Grabbing onto Loki’s hair with one hand, with the other I reached towards the lonely snake.

Slowly, he came to me. First, his head touched my hand. It traced his body while he coiled himself around it, only to notice the bruise in form of a hand on it. A hiss left his lips as I grabbed his head, pulling him towards my lips.

I pressed them softly against his skin. Eli slid his body against my chest. A sharp mewl left my lips when Loki sucked on my bell. Thanks to Eli’s body, I couldn’t see what my vampire was doing anymore.

But I could feel him lapping my slits.

“Can I put fingers in you?” Loki asked.

In front of him was a view he enjoyed. My hand was still on his hair, while Eli held my other hostage. Well, willingly.

“Yes,” I mumbled, feeling hot.

The next moment, I felt two fingers come into me. He thrust them into me, in such a way, I couldn’t keep my hips still. They bucked forward, causing my vampire to smile. I could feel it form because his lips were on me, trying to please me every way he could.

My voice was a mess. I gripped Eli’s body and Loki’s hair as my body reached its release. Instead of stopping to allow me to ride my high without overstimulation. My prince continued to lap my sensitive regions while thrusting his fingers into me.

It caused me to whine loudly. To the point, I felt like my mind went white. Only then did he pull away from me. Licking his lips, he gazed at what he had done. Pressing his body against me, he leaned over to my ear.

He wouldn’t let me catch my breath. No, he was intent on conquering my heart. That was silly. I was already his.

“I love you, Vivian.” He murmured.

His seductive voice caused me to snap. I didn’t know what I was saying before I said it anymore. Loki and Eli were both drowning me in their affection. I didn’t know right from wrong. It didn’t matter.

This was a dream, after all.

“Kiss me!” I ordered, not caring if he was still going on my whims.

He met with my lips. Much like he didn’t care about his flavor lingering in me before. I didn’t care about mine on his. The kiss was deep as our soft members tangoed with one another. It did not matter how Eli was in between us.

 It was always like this either way. The three of us… The two of them that made a whole were mine. At least… I wanted it to be. Pulling away from my lips, a string of saliva connected us. In response to it, I dragged myself to him, licking it away.

He shuddered at my action, smirking.

“What else does my love want?” Loki whispered, tracing his thumb on my cheeks.

I reached towards his cheeks, trailing my fingertips down to his beauty mark by his bottom lip. I would never confuse this warmth with someone else.

He… They both…

“I want… you and Eli. I want all you both have to offer me!” tears fell down my cheeks.

This love was doomed to fail, yet I asked for the impossible. This was the same as binding us together. Eli… Elias was part of this boy. The love between divines could never be undone. Much like Valdios’s and Fenrir’s.

Even though we could never be. I was about to bind us for eternity. Mortals and divines were different. But even then, there were stories of mortals finding one another even in different lives. Tania had said so when she thought I was going to kill her.

It would mean agony for us. Yet I couldn’t stop my love for him from showing. Part mortal, and part divine. This was doomed to fail.

“I’m all yours. No, we’re all yours.” Loki simpered, kissing me.

A throb came through our bodies, as a new link was being made. One that would last an eternity. There was no stopping this anymore. Loki’s eyes glowed brightly as the divine part of him responded to the bond forming.

By instinct, he found his way into me as my body radiated a gentle white hue. Instead of fearing my true form. He kissed me before making love to me. His wings erupted as his rhythm became consistent.

Unlike all the times before, Loki was gentle. Instead of seeking pleasure, he was focused on the emotional aspect of this sexual act. The feeling of being connected to me. The intimacy was becoming overwhelming for both of us.

All his movements were so slow and gentle that I felt in pure bliss.

“Loki! Loki!” I cried.

In response to hearing his name, he kissed my cheek.

“I’ll always love you. Forever. No matter what.” He promised, thrusting himself deeper into me.

There was no way I could stop this. Not in the state of mind I was in. And certainly not with the affection being thrown at me.

“I love you too. So much.” I professed, being honest for the first time.

It triggered something to change in both my beloveds.

“I know.” Loki smiled, kissing me.

His movements didn’t stop, even as secondary smaller wings sprouted from his back. Unlike the first time it happened, it was painless and bloodless. And that wasn’t the only change happening.

Eli’s body glowed brightly before turning white and gold. All the scales from the top of his body turned pure white, while the ones on his belly side turned golden. It reached up to his tail. His eyes became like Loki’s were instead of the pure blue that they used to be.

The two were completely unaware, though. I was their only focus. Loki didn’t let me think much about it, as he kept me busy. I couldn’t help but mewl when we both found our release. Even while he unloaded into me, he never stopped showing his affection.

Not that I wanted him to stop. After all, this was a dream… A moment of nirvana. There was no way this was real. However, after riding out our highs several more times. I would find myself in more trouble than I ever thought I would be in.

There was no way to stop my love from poisoning them anymore.

2