Chapter 39: Epilogue Remembrance
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ever since I opened my eyes, I could not remember a thing from before I woke up. Not how I was born, not who I was. All I was told when I woke was that I could not leave the forest unattended. They did not tell me a name either.

“Make it your own.”

Empty words to me. I did not know what to call myself, so I stayed nameless. It did not feel right. Though an important thing they dropped on me was that I was pregnant. Yes, I had a baby growing in my womb. For some reason, I had some knowledge of human life, but I could recall no one from my past.

At least I knew how to speak and walk, and that was enough for me. On the first day here, though, I met a giant winged lizard, who was known as Azura. She was the one who was taking care of me while I slept. And was my protector.

I also met many other living things, but none of them looked like me. Not that they mistreated me. No, they were all kind and fed me. They even clothed me in a simple white dress. The only thing I asked for was about my past. Sadly, they refused to tell me anything.

“It’s better if you remember by yourself. If it happens.”

I quickly dropped the subject. However, other things escaped me, too. Like what these creatures that surrounded me were, and what I was. After all, I differed from everyone else in this forest. This, however, was something they would slowly fill me on the coming days.

Well, it was not like it mattered. They were the only ones I knew. Though my mind wandered to an important bit of information I wanted. And that was who the father of the baby growing within me was. Sadly, that information was long gone from my mind, too.

Throughout the first week here, I learned many things. Celestials were the beings that surrounded me. And they were all sentient, meaning they could speak and think like me. Azure especially showed her emotions to me. Some others also stayed close, but most would let me be.

Every day that passed was filled with some type of bliss. Each day, I practiced something new. Though, my latest endeavor was trying to fish. I had seen a couple of bears diving into the waters, catching them like it was no deal.

Yet it seemed like I was not built right for it. Azura dove into the water, leaving me feeling frustrated. The water shimmered under me while I studied my hands.

Why can’t I do it as they do?

A soft sigh left my lips before I hummed a lullaby to calm my nerves. One I knew yet did not know how I did. That would not stay for long, though. Behind me rocks shifted, triggering me to gaze towards the sounds. There stood something that looked like me.

Its features were different, though.

A male? Or…

There was no way for me to know, as I had not seen another. It wore a fur hoodie sweater, slightly covering him from the sun above. Yet those blue, purplish orbs were visible to me. They glowed.

Though what stuck out the most was the aura that came from him. I could almost feel it call out to me. Though it was not long until I was in its arms.

“You aren’t a nobody!” Its voice was deeper than mine, yet full of sorrow.

Ah… it’s a he.

The tone made me what to hug him back, but before I could Azure dragged him up by his feet. Her tail was the culprit that held the poor boy upside down. She was in full defense, gazing at the intruder like he did not belong here.

Not wanting to see anyone hurt, I stepped in. Especially him, I did not want to see him in agony. Every fiber of my being told me to protect him.

“Wait, Azura! Don’t hurt him!” I pleaded, grabbing onto her feathery body.

It was slippery, but luckily, she listened to me after a few more exchanges. Unfortunately, she dropped him like a sack. I thought he would hurt his head, but somehow, he shifted his body to avoid serious injury.

He had faster reflexes than I did. Running to him, I squatted next to him, hoping to see if he hurt himself with the rocks. It never crossed my mind he could be dangerous. Though, if he wanted to harm me, he could have done so the moment he held me. But his grip was tender the entire time.

Even so, I had to be careful. Everyone warned me about strange creatures. And he certainly fit the bill. Luckily, there was not any visible blood around him. His hood, though blown off during the fall, exposed his beautiful silvery hair with golden tips.

When he gazed at me, his cheeks turned pink. I did not care how I was bearing it all for him to see. After all, none of the others made a big deal out of it. And I was not fully aware of my effect on him or his on me.

No, all I saw was a chance, which I took.

“Who are you?” I asked, gazing down towards the flustered boy.

The second that question left me; his eyes glossed. It seemed like he was about to cry, but that quickly shifted towards another emotion. Shock, fear? I did not know, but he was having an internal crisis.

Though it was not long before he reached for me. Grabbing by my arm, he pulled me into his chest. It was the warmest embrace I had since I opened my eyes.

Yet he trembled, even in his voice. “My name… is—"

“Loki!” a feminine voice called out from behind us.

It came from someone with silver hair much like this boy also had, but instead of golden tips, she had horizontal brown strips. Her eyes were purple, and she had a tail sticking out of her bum.

“Rem…” the boy mumbled, seemly out of energy.

Though his grip on me was secured. He would not let me go. And for some reason, I liked it. His touch felt familiar. Surely, I knew him before I forgot everything. Yet my body remembered.

“You found her.” The woman sighed, handing a fluffy blanket to the boy.

It was made from fur from a glance. Loki shot a glare to the new intruder, startling me a bit.

“You knew?! And you didn’t tell me?! How could you!?” he snapped, yanking the blanket out of her hands.

Unaware of what they were arguing, I gazed towards her to see behind her three other people. Two were not looking this way, but there was another female there. This one had black hair, red eyes, weird canine ears, and a tail.

“Loki, I promised her. It was her last request.” Rem breathed.

The boy covered me with the blanket, glaring at her again. “I don’t fucking care!”

The agony in his voice caused me to tug on his shirt. Instinctively, he gazed at me. His eyes still showed irritation and sorrow. I did not know what was wrong with him, but I felt partly responsible for it.

“Are you hurt?” I asked, feeling a weird sting in my chest.

Why does it hurt me to see him like this? His essence feels so familiar. Why are you so…

His eyes glossed, shaking his head.

Biting onto his lip, he sighed. “No… yes… I don’t know. Just don’t leave my side, okay?”

Azura observed us from the side. I could hear her walking in the water. Though, the boy’s words were the only thing that ran through my mind. It was like he…

“I don’t know you, but do you know me?” I queried.

Rem walked back to the others, who waited patiently.

He softly nodded. “Yes.”

Instinctively, I grabbed on his shirt. Hope grew in my heart, along with the turmoil that was brewing.

“My name? Do you know my name? No one here wants to tell me.” I mumbled, gazing towards the side.

I still did not know why a name was so important to me. Yet I needed it.

“Vivian. Your name’s Vivian.” Loki answered, touching my cheek.

Grabbing onto his arm, I leaned into his warmth. It was comforting.

“I see.” I simpered, liking the feeling he left on me.

Having had enough, Azure stepped in.

“Who the fuck are you people?!” she hissed, wanting to separate me from the rest.

It was a miracle she allowed them to be near me. She probably felt I was at ease with the boy. The others did not make me feel out of it either.

“Stop it, Azura,” Kayne announced, coming from where the others were.

He was the first one I met when I woke. And had always stuck around since then.

“What?!” she huffed, watching the little fox prance in her.

A soft snicker left his lips, wagging his tail. Whatever he was about to say would not fall well with Azura. That much I could tell. It was always like that. He loved to mess with her.

“Meet your master’s mate and family.” He declared, crashing her world.

It was almost as if Azura had snapped in two.

“What?! Impossible! This—" she began though, I could not care less about her crisis.

All that mattered was the question that plagued me every day was about to be answered.

“Mate… you’re my mate?” I asked, clasping onto the boy’s shirt.

His eyes widened, utterly caught off guard by me. Yet all I felt was a warmth fill me. I was not alone.

“Y-yeah, I…” he trailed off, conflicted about something.

That did not stop me, though. Taking his hand, I placed it on my abdomen. The warmth I felt from his skin on mine was otherworldly. My action caused his cheeks to turn bright pink again.

“So, you’re this baby’s daddy?” I queried straight on, unaware of how my words were affecting him.

All that mattered to me was that I had a mate, and I was loved before I lost my memories. Loki’s eyes teared up, followed by a soft nod. He seemed on the verge of crying, yet I…

“I see. I’m glad it’s someone gentle like you.” I smiled, feeling relieved.

I could not ask for more than this. Using his free hand, he touched my cheek, softly caressing my abdomen with his thumb.

“I’m sorry you went through this alone. Never again.” He broke, tears running down his cheeks.

No… please don’t cry. I bet you look better with a smile on your face.

I shook my head, grabbing onto his cheeks.

“Don’t be silly. I’ve only been awake for a week. You haven’t missed a thing!” I assured, feeling stings in my chest.

I hated seeing tears in his beautiful orbs. A second later, he engulfed me in his arms again. This time, though, he smothered his face in my bosom. It only took him seconds to sob. Hugging him back, I tried to soothe the troubled soul.

It hurt to hear him cry, but all I could do was hold him back, crooning.

“Everything will be okay.” I hummed.

A soft sigh left his lips. “Only if you stay with me.”

“Then, I’ll stay with you.” I smiled, triggering him to hold me tight.

It was not long before the black-haired female tackled us. She was crying too. Loki tried to push her away, but her strength bested him. Her name was Thea, and she seemed to know me, too.

“I’m so happy to see you! How could I forget you?!” she bawled, triggering Loki to huff, kicking her away.

“Don’t touch her!” he huffed.

Though, he was quickly picked up by Azura. Once again, she held him by the feet.

“That is my line! All of you off her!” she huffed.

This time Loki did not stay lying down.

“Put me down! I am not a damned pinata!” He hissed, a mistake since Azura slung him into the water.

“The nerve.” She grumbled, leaving me laughing.  

Rem stepped in, tapping me by my shoulder.

“Let’s get you out before you get sick. Where are your clothes?” she asked.

I did not know how to feel about her. But surely my mate was angry with her. Skittishly, I pointed towards where my dress was.

“Never mind, Let’s just get you dry okay?” she sighed, noticing it was pure white.

Sadly, how I was, it would have been see-through and there were two other males here with us. I could hear Loki arguing with Azura, who ignored him. Before I could stand, the boy was by my side again.

In a blink of an eye, we were out of the water, and I was in his arms. The speed he had was unreal. Though it seemed like the sun bothered him. I quickly learned it was because he was a vampire.

Though, in reality, we were much more than that. The woman with whom he was not on good terms, Rem, was a hybrid between a wolf and a human. I was not the only human here, though. Oswald, also known as Oz, was a human who could use magic.

This boy looked a lot like Loki. But I would soon learn they were twins. Rem’s husband, though, was a Lycan, wolf. And so was their daughter Thea, who appeared the same as her dad. Red eyes and black fur.

Other celestials helped with their luggage, bringing them towards the center of the forest. This was where I called home, a meadow within the forest. It was also where I woke up. After all the stuff was organized, I realized most of it was for me.

That was when Rem informed me they were expecting me. Loki barely ever left my side, something I did not mind. There was a reason for that, though. It did not take long for me to overhear that I robbed people of the memories of me.

This happened three days after their arrival. I overheard Loki and Rem arguing about it. He seemed resentful when he spoke to her, but every time he face me. He showed none of it. No, he was kind and sweet to me.

Loki found Rem at fault for not telling him, but it was a promise the couple had done with the old me. I did not know if I had a place to say anything about it. There was no way to know my reasoning, yet I could not help but find it cruel.

Of course, I said anything whenever they were around. And it never came up, but it was something that ate at me. Especially with every day that passed with this family, I realized how much they cared for me.

Especially Loki, it was obvious how much he loved the previous me by how he treated me. No, all of them seemed like nice people. Even Rem, who Loki barely spoke to. A week into being with them. Loki’s gentleness was swaying me like tree to the wind.

My chest felt warm every time I was near him. As well as butterflies flew crazily inside of my stomach. Just being around him was bliss. And it ended up being funnier than anything I had ever done.

Not that I would have remembered anything. Well, at least since I woke up. This attraction that was forming between us came, much to Azura’s horror. She had not warmed up to the vampire as I had.

They still argued more than anything else. Though that was all they were. Perhaps with a couple of insults thrown into the fray. The big wolf, Alijah, always helped me whenever I needed something. And so did Thea.

She also was the only one who spoke to me of my past. Of course, she did so when we were not around the others. This little wolf was unaware of how hearing of who I was ate away at me. The person she spoke about sounded so surreal.

She was brave, headstrong, and determined to do everything. She saved everyone and everything, sacrificing herself in the end. Leaving me behind, a shell of what she used to be. Surely, I could not measure up to my other-self.

Oz and his companion Zephier were laid back, but they were a source of knowledge I could tap at any moment. He would inform me of things that might have slipped by. Especially my magic. Though, it seemed I was only a normal girl anymore.

At least, I could not tap into it the way I was. Or at least to what they said I could do. Rem and Ruzgard were two other two who had a plethora of information, too. She explained to me how I came to be pregnant, and how the entire process would run its course.

Of course, I remembered a bit about courtship, but she went into details about other things that were not fresh in my mind. Someone always accompanied me, though, that person usually was Loki.

He would barely leave my side. This came as a reminder of what I did. The poor vampire probably feared I would disappear if he was not around. Though I did not mind his companionship.

The warmth he made me feel was something new to me and was pleasant to feel. Especially whenever he used a cute nickname for me. A month in, I admired the vampire whenever he gazed away from me. Yet it felt like there was a giant gap between us.

By now, Alijah and Rem, with the help of other celestials, built a small hunt for me in this forest’s meadow. My pregnancy was finally progressing, too. My belly had swollen up a bit, but it barely was noticeable.

By the time I stopped this pregnancy, I was about two months in. By now I was about three. There was no way to know for sure, especially out here. Sadly, I could go nowhere else. It would have been too dangerous.

The reason for this was that I was not a full human. No, I did not even look like one. Parts of my limbs were transparent. And even if my powers were locked behind the world. The other celestials did not know if the others would hurt me.

It was safer to keep me away from everyone else. After they built the hut, Loki, Zephier, and Oz stayed behind with me. Rem and Alijah had to get back to their family, something that came with ease.

Oswald could teleport around places he had visited. A useful tool for all of them, though they had to use it with care. With the other three gone, my relationship with the boys shifted once again.

After two months passed, everything seemed to go so smoothly that Oz decided to travel around the world. Of course, he would always come by once a week. And he always brought something for Loki and me.

By then, Loki helped me with everything. My belly had swollen even more than it had before. It was slightly noticeable even when I wore dresses. However, in his eyes, I did not change from how I seemed.

A month into that, Ozzy brought this strange boy, named Alistair, who wanted to see me. He came with an old woman known as Gerta. They both seemed happy to see me, though I did not know who they were.

Most of the time, I hid behind Loki, who assured me I was fine with them. The moment I found the courage to stand away from him. Alistair wasted little time hugging me tightly. His speed was also unfair.

The old woman joined in, thanking me for everything I did for them. They were happy to see me alive and well. Though, there were tears in their eyes when I could not remember them. I felt relieved to see them in bliss.

Gerta and Alistair told me all about their new lives. The old woman had married the king who she loved for a lifetime. And Alistair was engaged to his beloved. He told me I was right when I said Lucas would forgive him.

Though, of course, I did not know what he spoke about. Then again, I felt happy to see them like that. It was kind of sad to see them go, however, Alistair promised to come back with Lucas one day. He wanted to see his future niece or nephew.

That same month, Ozzy brought a redhead girl, known as Zoe, for a couple of hours. Apparently, she knew me before the twins did. But I could not recall her either. She brought me a beautiful bouquet, though. Well, one too many.

A younger Lycan came to bring them with her. It was Loki’s younger brother, Leo. Those two did not stay long, though. Rem and Alijah would come from time to time, too. Loki and their relationship seemed strained.

But I hoped that with time he would forgive them and me as well. I knew, even though he treated me gently. Surely, there had to be resentment for me, too. Though, what I looked forward to the most was that each time, those two would come with the most adorable little girl.

Her name was Luna, and I fell in love with her the moment I laid my eyes on her. She was adorable, calling me a princess, too. Rem told me that once I had my baby, I would probably have one like her in a couple of years.

And that once I did, I probably would not call them as cute. It seemed; little Luna was a troublemaker to her parents. But I could not help but love the little thing. By then I was about seven months in.

My breasts were swelling too much. Something that made Loki’s cheeks flush when I told him they were bothering me. It was cute to see him flustered like that. But I quickly situated myself, to not push it. He was always so respectful towards me. I also had to behave the same.

Yet I always wanted to push his buttons. Each day I passed with him; my feelings blossomed without stopping them. We slept in different beds in the same room, but I could not help but want to find my way into his.

Sadly, I did not have the bravery to do so. It was obvious to me he was in love with whom I used to be. Yet that person was no longer around and I did not know if he saw me as anyone else. A worry that kept me from getting any closer than I was.

Plus, I did not want to hurt him any more than he already was. During the eight-month, Thanatos came back from his roaming. He was one of the first ones I met when I woke. Though he was also the one who collected the souls of the dead, along with his helpers.

I was happy to see him since he had promised to tell me more about how everything came to be. But he seemed surprised to see Loki with me. It quickly made me realize the vampire was not supposed to be there with me. Yet I still did not understand why.

It terrified me to even mention it to anyone outside of the Celestials. Sadly, Azura did not know a single thing, either. Wanting to confront Thanatos about it, I left Loki that night. The poor vampire had fallen asleep, leaving me free to do as I wished.

Walking through the forest at night, Azura joined me. She never was far from me and could shift sizes much like any other celestial that lived in this forest. It was not long before I found them. Their aura was visible to me even if they were not near.

As magicless as I was, I still had abilities that other humans did not have. Though, they seemed to have been speaking before noticing me arrive. It seemed the moment the link between me and Loki was reestablished.

Everyone who forgot about me remembered me once again. I guess that was why all those people were coming to see me. Yet none of them were familiar to me. Even Loki, who I enjoyed being around, I could not remember who he was to me before he came here.

Yet I knew what he meant to me now. Sadly, I could not help but wonder if he saw me for me. Or who I used to be. A girl I could not measure up to. Every time he gazed at me, even though there was affection, there was also sorrow.

Will my feelings matter to you now? Or will I always live under the shadow of who I used to be?

“We underestimated the Amor Aeternum bond. Having these mortals come here can pose a danger to her. If any of them slip… and the masses find out who she is. It could mean trouble for us.” Thanatos sighed, shaking his head.

Amor Aeternum…

For some reason, that resonated within me. My left breast burned with those words.

Does this flower have anything to do with it?

Though the moment Azura heard the word danger, I felt her tense up.

“They know who she is. And they won’t hurt her. So, I doubt they’ll be as stupid as to tell anyone.” Kayne assured.

A soft sigh left from Thanatos’s lips.

“I don’t mean them. I mean the masses. The baby will be something else entirely. It must be raised with love and away from any hatred. Or else this world…” another celestial warned.

“We already have a no-tolerance policy. If someone comes, my children and I make sure they never wake up.” Kayne snickered.

A soft chuckle left Thanatos’s lips. “Little one, I know you’re hiding there.”

I stepped into the moonlight where they were. “This is all because of me, isn’t it? I’m putting you all in danger.”

I gazed down at the floor, feeling my feet ache. Being pregnant was something else. The toll it was taking on my body was surreal. Thanatos walked towards me, pushing my sight back onto him by using his tail.

It was a relief to be off my feet. He was always so caring towards me.

“Dear child, you gave us life. What happens with the masses isn’t your fault. You gave them the freedom to fuck everything up. Well, you made sure it would not that be that easy with Azura.” He informed, gazing at the little lizard on my shoulder.

“No one’s putting a hand on her.” She huffed, tapping her legs on my cloth.

I was never alone because of her.

“So… Thea was right. I was a god before all of this?” I asked, feeling like they would finally be fully honest with me.

That girl was the only honest one out of all of them. Even Loki spoke little about the past. He said it did not matter, but I could tell it did. Yet I never pushed for him to tell me. The fact I could never fill her shoes was always present in my mind.

Thanatos nodded. “Yes, you were. Now you’re a normal girl. Well, as normal as we could make you. So will your baby, but it’ll have powers never seen in this world.”

“I see… tell me, did I have something to do with everyone forgetting me too?” I continued.

“Yes,” Kayne answered.

So… I really am responsible for all of his pain.

A wary smile rose on my lips. “I must have been a cruel person to do that to someone so kind like him.”

There was no reason to make him suffer like that. Yet I still did it.

“No, far from it. You were desperate and scared. You wanted him to be happy, even if it wasn’t with you. But fate is a fickle thing.” Thanatos assured.

Tears stung in my eyes, noticing I hurt the man I was falling for again in ways I never wished for. I did not deserve to love him. Well, he was right. It was not like it mattered. I would never be her again.

The only reason he was here was because of the baby growing within me.

“He won’t be happy with me here. I’m not that girl anymore. He won’t look at me like that again.” I mumbled, shaking my head.

My emotions were in disarray. The hormones that were surging within me did not help.

If this hurts this much. I can’t comprehend what he feels every time he looks at me. A reminder of what he lost. All while he’s something I’ll never have. No… I don’t deserve him and his kindness.

“Hey, little one. People change, they always do. There’s no way to know they’ll be in a year. Back then, you were headstrong and determined to survive. But this you is also the same as the other. If he can’t see that. Then he’s the one at fault.” Kayne sighed, sitting in front of me.

There used to be others here too. A bird, dragon, and bear, but they were out traveling the world, making sure everything was as it should have been.

“He shouldn’t have come to find you if he was so half-assed.” Azura huffed, gazing towards the side.

I tickled her chin, forcing a smile onto my lips. This pain… I deserved it.

“But I like him. I don’t want him leaving me when the baby comes.” Tears streamed down my cheeks.

This fear… was something new. It only took a month being with him for me to realize my feelings for him. He was too kind to me. Then again, I was his baby’s mother.

Did he feel trapped?

“You like him!?” Azura gasped, falling off my shoulder and onto my lap.

Always so dramatic.

Thought it made me crackle a bit.

“Yes… I like his presence more than I like Ozzy’s.” I sighed, feeling something grow.

A hole was opening in my chest, and I could not stop it. No matter how she tried to cheer me up. There was no stopping it.

“More than me?!” she squealed, grasping onto my thigh.

I gazed down at her with a soft frown on my lips.

“I like him differently than you, Azu. But it doesn’t matter. I don’t think he feels the same. He’ll never feel the same.” I confessed, allowing myself to rest on Thanatos’s fur.

This feeling was one I did not want to feel. Yet without a doubt, it was what he felt every time he gaze at me.

“I don’t know about that. He’s still here, right?” Kayne placed his paws on my lap.

I shook my head. “It’s for the baby. Am I tying him down because of it? He would have left by now, like everyone else. Surely.”

That had to be the reason.

Thanatos chuckled, puffing himself a bit. “Why don’t you ask him?”

It triggered me to gaze at him, shocked at what he said.

Surely, it can’t be that straightforward.

“I can’t. What if he…” I trailed off.

Loves the other me more and tells me that to my face. How will I ever face him after that?

Kayne pressed his paws on me a bit more, shifting my gaze towards him.

“There’s only one way to know. He has been with you here for six, almost seven months now.” He reassured.

All I saw was a negative, though.

“Ask him if he loves you.” A bunny came from the side.

It triggered a meltdown of sorts.

“Love?! He surely can’t love me. I’m not her. This me is someone else entirely. I’m probably nothing like she used to be. And I don’t even know if I love him. I just…” I ranted a bit, feeling flustered by the thought.

There was no doubt in my mind I loved him.

I want to sleep with him in his bed! What else can I say?! This isn’t like I like Ozzy. No, what I feel for Loki is much more.

After all, Oz’s bed did not seem as attractive to me.

“If it were me. I would love you no matter what shape or form you came.” Azura tried to shift the attention back to her.

But I…

“What if…” I trailed off, clasping to my shirt.

“If he hurts you? I’d kill him.” She hissed.

Instinctively, I glared at her. Last time, I defended him because I was curious about him. But now he had become something important.

“No, you can’t! He’s my mate. You can’t touch him!” I snapped, triggering Azura to stiffen up.

Thanatos chuckled, picking up the feathered lizard, who had fallen onto the floor.

“Now, now Azura. You can’t eat the boy; you’ll make her cry.” Kayne snickered.

Sharp huffs left her lips.

“Fine! I’ll be honest! He seems happy with you. I see him longingly staring at you. And—" she started, only to be interrupted by Loki screaming my name.

Standing up from where I was, everyone made themselves scarce. Sadly, I could not run to him but walked as fast as I could towards his voice. The moment he came into view, I saw him in a panic.

When his eyes landed on me, everything changed.

“Lo—” I went to say his name, only to be engulfed by his arms.

This was nothing new. He would always keep me close, but his voice froze me. He was terrified.

“Where were you?!” the desperation in his voice was so apparent, I became stiffer.

I could feel myself tremble, too. I hurt him.

“Thana came back so… I…” I trailed off, not knowing how to answer him.

His entire body quivered.

“Never leave me like that! Do you understand?!” his voice broke.

He usually used his super hearing, but in his panic, he did not even think of it.

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled, reaching to touch his cheeks.

It hurt to see him like this. All I wanted was for him to smile, not this.

“Just don’t do it again, okay?” he breathed, pressing his forehead against mine.

The warmth that radiated from his skin was overwhelming me. I did not know if it was because of what the others had told me, but I could not hold back any longer.

“I know am not her. Yet… I’m so sorry for this.” I pushed myself to meet with his shivering lips.

Closing my eyes, to ignore his expression, I held them there hoping he would respond to me. Yet, I expected him to pull away from me. He tugged me closer to his body. His warm tongue glazed over my lips.

Instinctively, I opened them, allowing him to steal my breath away. It was like fireworks exploded within me. Feeling him hold on to me so tenderly, I did not want it to stop. His tongue tangled with mine in a way I never thought I would feel.

Pleasure… warmth… all of it filled my core. My legs became jelly when he parted from my lips. Though he held me up firmly, preventing me from crashing onto the floor. A saliva string connected us.

“You don’t have to be anyone but you.” He simpered, clipping the string with another passionate kiss.

Our tongues played with one another once again. This time, though, he pulled away to gaze towards the side. Azura was there, sitting full size. A soft growl left him, scooping me up to his chest.

“Let’s go inside.” He huffed short on breath, too.

Picking me up in his arms, he gazed back at Azura, who watched us. She would not interfere, but…

“Don’t hurt her. Or I…” she warned.

“You know, I won’t. I’ve been patiently waiting for this day.” He sighed, making sure I was safe in his arms.

He always made me feel like a feather whenever he picked me up. I did not know what they spoke about, but it seemed Azura knew more than she had led on. Staying silent, I held on to his shirt, not knowing what was happening.

No, all that I knew was that the feeling of his lips felt perfect on mine. The walk to the hut was short, though. All I could do was hold on to him. Back in our small hut, he gently placed me on one bed.

They made it from the most comfortable fur Thea, and Alijah could hunt. Another kiss soon followed, leaving me tugging on his shirt for air.

Separating from me, I gasped, triggering him to chuckle. “Breathe while you kiss me, silly girl.”

“What?” I mumbled.

“Breathe…” He trailed off, pressing his lips on mine again.

This time, I tried to breathe while in our kiss. Though he pulled away soon after. A quick test.

“Good girl.” He smirked, tracing my cheek.

His touch was so gentle and loving. Yet I was unsure about everything.

“Is this okay?” I mumbled, feeling the same anxiety from before.

Something he picked up on. He was a cheat on how I felt. It was like he knew when I was scared or nervous. Sometimes he would even calm me with a single touch. He probably suspected my feelings for him before I even realized them.

Yet he waited until I was comfortable with them.

“Hm?” he hummed, making sure I was comfortable on the bed.

Even though I was eight months into the pregnancy, my belly was not where Rem expected it to be. It was smaller than we expected and she said it was slim for her too. Though she also said it was different for everyone.

It was not like it mattered to Loki. No, he always treated me so gently. I could not take advantage of his love for her.

Softly, I sat up against him. “You know, I am not her. Right?”

His eyes widened, shaking his head. “What are you talking about? You are her. A bit more innocent than who you used to be. But you’re still you, Vivian. Nothing will change that.”

Gazing away, I sighed.

I knew it. He sees me like her.

Suddenly, that kiss felt more ominous than it had before. I never wanted to start this without knowing, and now it seemed like I took too many steps forward.

“I am?” I shook my head, not wanting to hear the answer.

But I initiated that kiss. I had to be responsible for my actions. Even if the answer was not one I would like. It was all my fault, anyway.

“Yes, you still get angry at any little thing. And unless you get your way, you pout until you do. You might use less offensive language, but that isn’t a terrible loss.” He chuckled, tucking my curly waves behind my ear.

They reached past my waist, making it a mess to brush. Something he did without a complaint. He was too much. His answer was not what I expected, either. He was resonating similarities yet pointing out the differences.

“I used to curse a lot?” I mumbled, gazing at him.

His cheeks were pink. Yet what got me was his smile. It could kill me if I were not careful. He was happier than I had ever seen him.

“Yeah, you were worse than Oz. But you know, you’re still the same sweet girl. You’re also bolder than me. That has not changed. I can’t believe you started our first kiss again. I wanted to do it this time.” He chuckled, touching my cheek.

His eyes were full of an emotion that filled my heart, too. He was looking at me for who I currently was. And I was still the girl he loved.

Wait… did he say I kissed him first back then too?

“Hey, no matter what shape or form you come. I’ll love you always, Vi. I just wanted you to feel the same, too. Do you?” He simpered, using the silly nickname he used for me.

I had overheard him and Thea talking about it. He used to call the old me Vivi. Yet this me he called Vi. The others were right. Asking was the best way to know. Feeling a bit overwhelmed, I tried to shift the attention from myself.

Something the old me also did, but I did not know.

“Azura said something like that too,” I mumbled, trying to steady my racing heart.

A soft hum came from his lips. “Did she? You didn’t ask her where she heard it from?”

I shook my head. “No…”

A soft sly smile rose on the lips of the man I had known for the past six months. Before I knew it, he kissed my forehead, trailing them down my cheeks and towards my ear. There he stopped, tickling my ear with his breath.

“I told her that a couple of months ago. But I wanted to move at your pace. No matter how slow it was. Of course, only if you want me. And you haven’t answered me. Why are you always avoiding me?” he whispered, sending shivers down my cheeks.

Feeling flustered, I allowed myself to fall onto the bed. Leaning into me, he towered over me, waiting for my answer.

“How could I not? You fill me in ways, I can’t explain.” I huffed, feeling my heart race faster than ever before.

Does he mean everything?

“Hm… I know, right? Am perfect, aren’t I?” he smirked, leaning away from me again.

A soft giggle left me, rolling my eyes. “To me you are.”

His eyes widened, though his playful smile became a shy simper.

“Now, that isn’t something you would have been honest about before.” He announced, lifting his shirt.

My heart stopped, triggering me to gaze away.

“Is that bad?” I mumbled.

Leaning towards my ear, Loki playfully blew on it. It caused me to shift my eyes towards him. He was shirtless. Though what caught my eye was the flower on his left pec. It was the same as mine.

“No, I like this you better. This makes me less anxious.” Loki confessed, pulling away from me.

Unable to move my eyes away from his chest, I reached for it.

“You do?” I asked, tracing my fingertips against his chest.

Amor Aeternum…

“Yes, you’re so much easier to tease, sweetheart. Be mine, Vi.” He murmured, placing himself in between my legs.

Feeling him too close, and hearing those words, made me feel in bliss.

A soft chuckle left my lips. “Isn’t that a silly question?”

“Is it?” Loki tilted his head, waiting for my answer.

Without it, he would not touch me.

“Yes… I’ve always been yours.” I confessed, extending my arms to him.

He could do as he wished to me. As long as it was I in his eyes, then nothing else mattered. Tugging my clothes off, he stopped to gaze at my left breast.

“In our dreams… you were like this, too. Pure… happy… Were those real? I wonder. No… It doesn’t matter. I’ll make them real.” Loki mumbled, tracing his fingers on my skin.

Shivers ran down my body, leaving me jittery to his touch. Though the moment I felt his tongue touch my nip, I squealed. It triggered him to stop gazing at me. I covered my mouth, unable to believe the sound that had left me.

It…

“Did it hurt?” he asked, worried about me.

I was heavily pregnant. Unlike all the other times he probably held me. My body was more sensitive than it used to be. Though, I would not know. Shaking my head, I gazed towards the side, feeling flustered.

“No… it felt too good.” I mumbled, fighting off the embarrassment.

A soft chuckle left him, softly pressing my buttons with his thumbs. Though any slight press would cause milk to leak. It was already happening during the day, making me have to change clothes frequently.

Something that Loki himself would help me with, too. He truly was a gentle soul.

“Sensitive... I’ll be more gentle.” He smiled, going back to lick my nipple.

I did not know if he enjoyed the slight taste from any leak. Though I knew he did like my reaction to him. A soft whine left me this time. Closing my eyes, I let the feeling flow through me. It was not like this was my first time.

Surely, I had his child in my womb, and it did not get there by itself. Yet the nerves were getting to me. I was jittery at any touch that came from my vampire. Though, the feeling of his tongue on my sensitive nips made me crumble.

Especially when he lightly sucked on them. Mewls left me while he went back and forward in between my breast. His fangs grazed my skin each time, yet they never went in. Saliva dripped down my lumps, leaving me feeling warm everywhere.

Especially when he left tiny marks on his path when he trailed down my chest towards my abdomen. Kissing near my groin, he gazed at me.

“Can I?” he licked his lips, watching me like I was a long-waited dessert.

I nodded, shyly grabbing onto his hair, making sure it was out of his face. A soft smile rose on his lips because of it. Though I did not know exactly what he was going to do. But all I knew was that I wanted him to touch me.

It was tingling down there. A sensation I did not have before. Though it had become common whenever he was around. Now, though, it was almost overwhelming.

“There she is.” He mumbled, eyes glowing slightly.

A moment later, his lips were on my sensitive bell. The wave of pleasure that coursed through me triggered me to clasp tightly into his hair. Mewls escaped me, unable to hold them back. The way he sucked on it was not as gentle as he had my nips.

No, I squealed every time he did so. His warm tongue slid against my slits, triggering a weird sensation to build within my core. Pulling away from my vulva, he lapped his fingers.

“Tell me if anything hurts.” He panted, gazing at me, tracing his moist fingers in my slits.

I nodded, feeling his limbs slip to me a second later. A sharp huff left me feeling odd. It was not fully pleasurable, but it was not bad either.

“Are you okay? It’s been a long while since we did this.” He worried, watching my expression.

I nodded again, not wanting him to stop. However, words refused to leave my lips. No soft whines were all that left me. His fingers gently caressed my walls, so much that I felt a knot get tighter.

It came along with a worse tingling feeling, erupting in waves of pleasure. Even though so much time had passed, he knew where all my delightful spots were. Especially were to make me dance to his tune.

“More… it feels good, Loki.” I mewled, triggering a more defined smirk to rise on his lips.

“As you wish, my love.” He mumbled, leaning back down.

Licking my bell once again, he pumped his fingers in and out of me. More mewls left me as I gripped his hair harder. My hips bucked into him on their own, too. Tears swelled in my eyes, feeling my body reach a peak.

Before I knew it, my voice erupted from me as my mind went white. My entire body convulsed in pleasure, leaving me panting for air. Pulling away from my sensitive region, Loki gaze at me, eyes shining.

“Oh, fuck… Can I bite you?” he asked, licking his lips.

It was almost as if he wanted to make a meal out of me.

“You can do anything you want to me.” I simpered, loving everything he offered me.

I did not know yet what that meant, though. He bit into his lip, shaking his head.

“Oh, love. Don’t give me that type of permission. You know what, on second thought. How about we save that until after you give birth?” he chuckled, getting off me.

Wait… this… his…

There was a visible tent on his pants, one I could not ignore. Instinctively, I grabbed onto his hand.

“Wait! You won’t have sex with me?” I questioned, unaware of what it truly meant.

All I knew was that we were supposed to connect with his… His eyes glowed even brighter; cheeks rosy.

“Of course, I am. I was just going to take off my pants.” He chuckled, surprised.

Instantly, my cheeks flushed red, leaving me feeling flustered again.

“Oh… sorry, I...” I trailed off, not knowing how to respond anymore.

It seemed I had gotten ahead of me.

“Oh, fuck me. Can you get more adorable?” Loki sighed, taking off his pants, revealing how hard he was.

It was huge.

How’s that supposed to fit in me? If fingers felt weird, that will—

“Like what you see, my love?” he teased, noticing me staring at his heat.

Not knowing how to respond, I nodded, shifting my orbs towards his face. His cheeks and expression both showed how much he loved me. I was a fool to have thought otherwise. It seemed with or without memories, I was still the same girl he knew.

“Oh… so honest now. I like that a lot.” A soft simper rose on his lips.

Climbing back on the bed with me, he spread me apart. Feeling his hands on my thighs made my heart race. Though the moment his heat pressed against my entrance, I tensed up. Something he quickly noticed.

“Relax…” he murmured, softly pushing it against me.

Feeling the pressure, I gazed towards his face, only to be met by his lips on mine. It was a sweet distraction. A second later, he filled me in ways I never knew I could be. It triggered a sharp yelp to leave me as I turned my head to the side. A curse also left him.

His member twitched within me, finding his release within me. I quickly followed, convulsing with his member, unable to stop from finding it, too. Soft pants left us. It was as if it were both our first times again.

Though he was not done. And neither was I…

“Are you okay?” he asked, short of breath.

Clasping into his arms, I nodded.

“More…” I whined, triggering him to shove himself into me.

“I’ll give you everything.” He assured, picking up his movements to a steady pace.

Though everything about it was gentle. Even as our skins slapped against one another, I could not help but feel filled by him. His soft moans left him, as his expressions became burned into my mind.

Unable to help it, I launched myself onto him and his lips. A flurry of kisses followed as we made love to one another. Once again, my hips moved to his rhythm, feeling me with pleasure. Pulling away from his lips, mewls left my lips.

“I love you.” He confessed, thrusting deep into me.

“And I love you.” I professed, kissing him.

My love for him was a fire that would never burn out. Not even when I forgot everything. No, nothing would ever keep us apart. At that moment, our marks shone brightly. It triggered a cascade of memories to rush through me.

Everything, yet it changed nothing. All because I was under his arms. I was being fucked by the man I loved, and he still adored me, even after everything I did.

Elias… you fool… I gave you an out and here you are again. In my grasp…

“Fuck, Vivian… I’m—” he stopped the moment I grabbed onto his hair.

Instead, a soft groan left him when I tugged on it. It was not my intention.

“Elias…” I smirked, feeling everything come back to me.

My body moved to his rhythm, not letting him quite finish when he wanted. Though, the shock of hearing that name was present.

“You—” a sharp moaned left him when he clasped onto my hips only for me to grind on him.

All of this was so familiar. I knew how to make him squeal like he had done to me earlier. It was not long before we both found out release again. A whine left me too, convulsing on him. Loki panted for air, holding me tightly.

His heat twitched within me again, releasing his seeds into me. Though, no white-out would make my vampire forget what I called him. It filled him with a hope he had not allowed himself to feel.

“Vivi?” he struggled for air, cupping my cheeks into his hands.

His eyes were searching for something he thought was long lost. Tears streamed down my eyes, feeling something I never thought I would feel. All of my past life. The ones where I was known as the human girl, Vivian, were slowly coming back to me.

I needed nothing else. Just him and what we lived through. Though many others were important to me.

“I think I remember you. My life with you… How? I was forgetting everything without being able to stop it. I thought I would never...” I mumbled, gazing toward the side.

In a small cabinet, I had stored something that Kayne said was important to the old me. Something he gave me when I woke here. I always kept it close.

“It can’t be. They told me you were gone forever.” He breathed, confused about what was happening.

Slowly, I tugged myself away from his arm, opening a drawer that was next to the bed we laid. There laid a vial with broken crystals. They were… Picking them up; I held them close to my chest.

Everything from the end was so clear now.

“Daddy…” I sobbed, unable to believe I recognized them.

Seeing me like this was when it finally clicked into the vampire what was happening. A second later, he held me close to his chest. Everything hurt so much. I never thought I would remember any of it at all.

Especially how my vampire fell for me.

“Oh, fuck… I thought you would never remember me. This can’t be real. I had resigned myself to making new memories with you.” Loki cracked as well.

Turning to him, I touched his cheeks. Tears were also swelling up in his eyes. Somehow, he brought my precious memories back. He was right, though. Who I was didn't differ from who I was becoming thanks to him.

Yes… he cracked through my exterior, revealing within who I always was meant to be.

“I thought they were gone, too. But somehow you saw brought them out. You always save me in the weirdest ways, Elias.” I leaned to kiss his lips, loving the feeling of his warmth.

One I thought I would never feel again. Yet I remember it all of them. I should have never pushed him away. This was a miracle… though they rarely ever showed.

“We drew each other out, my love.” He tugged away from my lips slightly.

Though, when he gazed into my eyes, I remembered how hurt he was by what I did. I was so stupid. Thanatos was right. I was desperate to make sure Loki would be happy. So much that I did not realize what we needed was each other.

“I’m so sorry for—” his lips met me.

It was a quick peck, though.

“It’s okay. You did what you thought was best. At least we’re together now.” A soft smile rose on his lips, tracing his hand on my abdomen.

At that moment, a kick came from the fruit of our love. One that made him go down to kiss it lightly.

“You agree, don’t you, little one?” Loki cooed, triggering me to tug his face away lightly.

Even though I did not have an enormous stomach, it still felt embarrassing to have him too close to my belly. Not like it changed anything we were doing before. If anything, that was more awkward, yet to me it was natural.

“Heh… Didn’t you say you like the new me better?” I asked, feeling flustered.

It was always like me to deviate the conversation away. Once again, I felt no different from before. Though back then, I always thought I would do this alone.

One-night stand… What was I thinking? We could be nothing like that.

“Oh, the honesty thing? You were already in your stubborn way. Even now, you had me running to say your feelings upright. As I said, I’ll love you any way you come. Though I’m glad you remember me.” Loki reassured, chuckling.

In his eyes, I was me no matter what. Just like he was the same, too. Even when I did not remember him, I ended up falling for him. It seemed our souls were forever tied to one another. Not that I minded. In this life or another, I was sure we would meet again and again until this world was no more.

“You will always be a flirt, huh?” I giggled, leaning into his warmth.

We could say nothing else than a miracle occurred, one I never thought possible. I thought misfortune was all I was good for. But it seemed I could also do good things. And it was not like it stopped there. No, our miracle grew within less than a month.

Although the labor was tough, we welcomed a baby boy named Seth. Unlike his father, this little one had adorable black hair and little aqua eyes. A break from the silvery hair, Loki’s family dominated in.

Oz had come thanks to Zephier, who felt the baby coming into the world. It was not just him, either. Rem, Alijah, Thea, and Luna were there, too. Although my memories were not fully back yet, I was glad to see them.

And they were glad to see me and little Seth. Especially Thea, who did not let me go even though Loki was hissing at her the entire time. Little Luna wanted to see the baby, something Rem did not allow her to do by herself.

Seth being hours old did not help the matter, though. I did not mind seeing the luma so protective over her grandkid. Ozzy and Zephier both seemed in love with Seth. He could not stop smiling at the little baby.

I was exhausted, though. Loki did not leave my side, making sure I ate everything I needed. Azura healed me the night before after giving birth, but the stress of it all still lingered on my body.  The little lizard went back and forward between me and Seth.

It was in her nature to protect us both. Especially Seth, who needed it more than I did. After all, I had a vampire by my side. One that would give anything to see me safe. Though, he would also give anything to see his baby boy safe.

That same day, Oz brought Lilith, Caden, Aiden, and Fenrir to see the new little one. Though Lilith sat by me most of the time. Any little thing seemed to drain her of energy. Fenrir was by her side, making sure she was comfortable.

Though, the moment she had little Seth in her arms, she lit up. Sadly, they did not stay long. She was on strict bed rest, and they needed the other twins back at the village. The next day while I rested in the hut, Alistair came to meet his nephew, only to be greeted by the old me too.

When he saw me on the bed with the baby in arms, his eyes filled with tears. Lucas was with him too, and they both seemed happy to see me.

“I never once doubted I would meet you again.” Ali smiled widely, triggering me to do the same.

Zoe and Leo also came by. She closed her shop for a week to help me. Though it was not like I needed it. No, Rem, Thea, and Alijah were always around to help. A family had formed around me.

Though, I was glad to see little Leo finally get the girl he had been pinning for. A lot had changed, but at the same time, nothing had. I never thought love would surround me. And now I had the most beautiful baby boy. A pure blessing.

One that would live free in the new world I sacrificed everything to create. And they would know it as Aeternus. The land where eternity ended. Even though I lost my power, making me but a simple mortal to an extent. I had gained so much more.

Though, one would never know if chaos would once again come for us. But if it did, it would be up to everyone who wanted to live to stop it. A fair exchange.

After all, what’s life without a little madness to keep us moving?

1