chapter 4
304 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Is this a joke?” 

Margrave Branimir Sham said with a frown on his face.

The entire noble court had been assembled to the royal palace for an urgent meeting, only to be told that the meeting in question was a royal wedding.

“I will not stand for this.” he spat out

“Now, now Margrave Branimir. Even you have to admit that there is nothing you can do if she has truly found a close relative of the royal family.” The one that spoke was the infamous Count Baldwin Khaki. While others nobles sort power, he sort women and money.

“That is impossible and you know it. There is no one left. I made… I mean... the war made sure of that.”

“Nevertheless, I don’t see the queen try and pull a fast one on us. Not with the royal family in the state that it is in.”

“Just whose side are you on Count Baldwin?”

“Ho my... what a glare you have there. Of course, I am on your side, but a civil war is not something that I can accept, nor will anyone in the noble faction.”

Margrave Branimir was the leader of the noble faction but that didn’t mean his decision where absolute.

The other six members of the seven or the great seven as some called them, could easily block any decision he made.

Starting another civil war may invite invasion from outside forces and that was something that they were not going to allow.

“Now entering, her Royal Highness Queen Nadia M. Vinland and her groom, Master Taji Kitani.”

“What a wired name?”

“Is he a foreigner?”

“Must be.”

“Oi... Oi... is this really alright?”

“If he truly is a member of the royal family then there is no problem right?”

After the bellman uttered their introduction the door opened and Nadia in a stunning orange wedding dress and a foreign-looking man appeared before the entire noble court.

They walked slowly to the priest who was waiting for them at the alter.

The walk was extra slow, to allow nobles to apprise Taji’s mana.

“There is a similarity between the two’s mana.”

“Then he really is a member of the royal family then?”

“Looks that way.”

Margrave Branimir’s expression took a turn for the worse when he saw Taji. “Impossible! How?”

“Looks like the war did not kill all the Vinland royal relatives’ old friend.” Count Baldwin uttered with a smile on his face.

His true love was women and power, but he had a side desire to see the displeasure on people’s faces.

***

After the wedding, a reception was held in the evening. Noblemen, all had their main house in the capital. Because of this, many were able to return home and bring one of their wives to the event.

Taji was brought up to speed with royal conduct by Teresa, whose job titles now included that of tutor to the prince consort.

“I need a raise” was the words she uttered before accepting the task from a pleading Nadia.

“Margrave Branimir, what a wonderful evening. I trust you are having a wonderful night.” Under the flickering of the candle lights, Nadia greeted Margrave Branimir with Taji by her side.

“Yes. Indeed I am.” His expressions told a different story from his answer. He was not even trying to hide his displeasure.

“Allow me to introduce you to my husband, Taji Kitani.”

“Nice to meet you Margrave Branimir. I am Prince Consort, Taji Kitani.”

“The honor is all mine master Kitani. If you do not mind me asking... where do you come from?”

Nadia and the prime minister came up with a story of Taji’s origins before the wedding day and had Taji remember it.

“I come from the eastern island.”

“Eastern islands?”

“Yes. I am the last survivor of my house before the Kraken Tsunami that wiped out the islands. With no place to call home, I recalled my grandmother saying our house’s origins come from Vinland, so I traveled here. I was fortunate enough to run into prime minister Margrave Amadeus in the street. He recognized my mana as being very similar to that of the royal family and with his help, I was able to trace it back to a branch family. From there, I meet my beautiful wife and you can guess the rest.”

“Indeed I can” he uttered before thinking, this story is bullshit, but there is no denying his mana. “I beg your pardon your majesty, but I must retire for the evening.”

“I understand. Please give my regards to your family.”

“I shall.”

“He didn’t look so happy,” Taji remarked as they watched him walk-off

“Yes. It was a beautiful site, was it not?”

“Is this really okay? Won't the noble faction reiterate for this?”

“I am prepared for that and besides, seeing his face was worth it.”

Nadia had a childish smile, on her face. This is another side to her that Taji was quickly falling in love with.

This is a smile my wife can make. I wonder what other expressions she can make?

“Your majesty, may I have a word.” The voice of the person who just spoke sent a shiver down Nadia's spine.

“Count Baldwin Khaki and lady Selma Khaki. How are you two this fine evening?” she replied to his greetings

“Well your highness and congratulations on your wonderful wedding. Had I been told in advance, I would have prepared a more befitting present.”

“There is no need to worry. It is my fault for rushing my wedding. I just couldn’t wait to marry my love here.”

“Greetings, I am Prince Consort Taji Kitani.”

“Greetings master Kitani, I am Count Baldwin Khaki, and this is my 25th wife lady Selma Khaki.”

Did he just say, 25th wife?

“Greetings master Kitani, I am lady Selma Khaki.”

She was a tall beauty with long blue hair and a slender body. She was clearly a lot younger than her husband.

Her smile presented itself as that of an innocent young woman.

“Lady Selma Khaki, I hear your mother is away. Is that true?” Nadia asked

“Yes, she is tending to my little brother. He apparently fell ill a while back at the noble academy, but he has since recovered. She went there to check on him.”

“When I heard my son fell ill almost fell ill myself. Thank goodness he is fine.”

Eh?, Taji had a confused expression on his face about the conversation that was taking place.

Selma was the first to see his puzzlement and began to speak.

“Master Kitani, may not be aware of this, but both I and my mother married lord Khaki together.”

“Is that so?”

Taji couldn’t believe what he was hearing, but it was all true. Count Baldwin meet Selma and her mother as they performed together in a dancing troupe and made not only Selma’s mother his 24th wife, but Selma as his 25th

This further cemented his reputation as a woman lover.

“If you will excuse us. We still have many people to greet.” Nadia said as she dragged Taji away.

“What a lovely ass.” Count Baldwin uttered as he stared at Nadia walking away

“What do you see in that woman anyway?”

“Are you jealous?”

“Tch… I hate women who had it easy from birth, like her .”

“Surely you jest. The queen's upbringing wasn’t always pleasant you know.”

“Compared to mine, it was.”

“The grass is always greener on the other side.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Ho nothing.”

“I am totally pissed right now. When are we going back to the black den?”

“Can’t get enough?”

“I just feel like humiliating someone and it seems a daughter of a noble who has been bad mouthing me is going there. I will take everything from her and have her lick my feet in front of everyone.”

“Women are scary… Please hide your expression, remember where we are.”

“Yes, dear.” She replied as the innocent mask she wore in public was put back on.

One day Queen Nadia, I will have you lick my feet as well. One way, or another. As she thought those words in her mind, Selma didn’t know that such a day would appear before her, thanks in part to Taji.

6