132 – Fiction in Fiction – VII
248 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Watching the absolute chaos unfold in the Tutorial, Hannah regretted the fact that she couldn't drink or smoke at the moment.

Of course, just because she couldn't didn't mean that her peers were going to stop as well.

Ian laughed as he drained a bottle of whisky and then punched through the air. "Yeah! That's the stuff, Jihu! Fight the heavens, slay the gods, and get all the beauties!"

Maldong sipped on a glass of soju and let out a deep sigh. "You realize that this is reality we are facing, Ian, and not one of your stories."

Ian pointed at Jihu chucking a skyscraper-sized sword at what was definitely Cthulu and said, "When it's like this, is there really a difference?"

Hao Win hummed while sipping on a cold beer and then looked out at the screens for the Contracted. "It looks like most of our people are making it through. The others though..."

Cinzia cracked open a beer of her own before taking a long drag from a cigar. Blowing out the smoke, she said, "Bah. This is a wedding gift for Jihu anyway. And since he's like that..." She stared at Jihu clearly splitting space apart and chucking a few of the Outer Gods into a dark void. "...Won't the Parasite Queen be finished as soon as we're done here?"

Ian laughed and said, "Oh, Jihu will finish her al-"

Hannah sent Ian a sharp glare and said, "Make another joke about that and I swear to God you won't see the light of tomorrow."

Ian held up his hands and said, "Fine, fine. I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised at this point." He took another swig from his whisky bottle and said, "Our fearless leader is turning out to be fearless in more ways than one at this point."

Hannah clicked her tongue and went back to looking at the screens.

While the others were having a blast and enjoying the show, she was taking her work seriously.

...Mostly because that was all she could do since she couldn't drink.

And god*damn* could she use one right now to deal with her headache.

That or aspirin, but she didn't want to risk anything, so avoiding the pain with work it was.

Jinhee was a blatant cheat. Both because of the nepotism Jihu was showing and also because she apparently was uniquely situated to solve the Tutorial in the most optimal way without even using her other Necessary Boxes.

Not to mention that Jihu somehow finagled the Tutorial system to give her an ability that let her store the Tutorial only items in a space outside of the gods' domain so that she could use them later... And that she realized it immediately and was exploiting it by purchasing as much as she could from the Tutorial-Only Coin Shop and saving it for later.

At this rate, if it wasn't Jihu who took care of the Parasite Queen, it looked like Jinhee definitely would with all of the ridiculous things she was chucking into her inventory.

Where in the world did she even get Twisted Kindness's Divine Spark anyway...?

But that aside.

That Eun Yuri girl who was absolutely crushing on Hannah's husband and who was insane enough to not care about that fact turned out to be a ridiculous magic user.

Seriously. Not even at the class awakening and she was throwing around ice magic and other spells as natural as breathing...

Seonhwa's sister, Seunghae, thankfully was more normal. Although she seemed to have somehow gotten access to healing magic early, she didn't show any other ridiculous world-breaking skills.

Which was a bit odd considering her older sister. But then again, maybe that was on purpose considering how Seonhwa wanted to keep a normal life outside of Paradise up until Jihu crashed back into her life like a meteor.

Anyway.

Most of the Contracted were eliminated now by virtue of not being able to collect enough coins to survive the death toll of a hundred coins.

Served them right for not listening to Sora and trying to ride on Jihu's coat tails.

But like Hao said, the important people had made it through along with some other interesting people that they sponsored, like a former third-rate actor.

Time was running out though.

Not for the Tutorial scenario. In terms of that place's 'setting,' there were still a few days left before the next 'Main Scenario' would begin.

But the time was running out for the Tutorial as a whole.

Since the Tutorial was on Earth, and since it took Divine Energy to keep it sustained, it was usually perfectly rationed to finish within a few days. After all, in normal circumstances, everything was perfectly scripted and placed with even room for margin for wild cards.

Not like Jihu, of course, but for someone like Eun Yuri at least.

But of course, since there WAS Jihu present...

Phi Sora busted through the door to the surveillance room and then threw herself in a chair, cracking open a bottle of Everclear. "God fucking damn crazy bastard is making my job hell." She took a giant swig, grimacing at the burn, and then said, "Go be the Guide, he said. It'll be easy, he said. Fucking liar."

Ian raised his bottle and said, "Good evening to you too, fellow heavy alcohol enj-"

"Shut the fuck up, Bob the Builder. I don't wanna hear it."

Ian froze. "B-Bob the...?"

Maldong chuckled. "Well. I suppose that man was also a Grand Architect..."

"I'm a Grand ALCHEMIST, dammit!"

Hannah ignored Ian and looked over at Sora. "Since you're here, I'm assuming it's almost over?"

Sora waved her bottle and said, "Yeah. Gula and the others said there's not even enough divine energy left for me to send messages, so they're just waiting for Jihu to drain whatever's left with his crazy shenanigans before warping everyone to the Neutral Zone." She took a swig from her bottle and said, "Fucking asshat. He needs to be more considerate to his women."

Cinzia gave an emphatic nod and said, "Exactly. How many days has it been now since he's gone on a proper date with Claire?"

Sora snorted. "Claire? Do you know how long it's been since he's even talked with Chohong? He's lucky that birdbrain is so easy to please. Fuck, if it was me, I would have left ages ago."

Maldong coughed and said, "I remember that my dear 'Granddaughter' said she couldn't afford to leave even if she wanted to with the debt she owed Jihu..."

Sora turned a bright red and said, "S-Shut it, Gramps!"

"Gramps?" Maldong raised an eyebrow and said, "Oho. It seems that I've been too lax on your training recently if you're showing me lip."

"Grk... U-Um..." Sora glanced at Hannah and noticed she wasn't drinking. After that, her eyes lit up and she said, "I'm pregnant, so go easy on me!"

Hannah choked.

Maldong snorted and said, "In that case you need even more discipline for drinking pure alcohol while carrying a child."

"Fuck."

Ian laughed, taking Sora's words as a joke.

Hao Win and Cinzia gave a thoughtful look towards Hannah though.

Hannah cleared her throat and stood up. "Since we're almost finished here, should we get ready for the next step?"

Hao Win stood up to stretch. Afterwards, he looked over at Cinzia and said, "Are you doing another song and dance like last time, Cinzia?"

Cinzia shook her head and said, "Even if I wanted to, Claire begged me not to." She sighed and said, "Pity. That music video Ian showed me would have been perfect."

Ian jumped up and snapped his fingers. "Right! When the Rune Sparkles in September would be PERFECT!"

Cinzia chuckled. "The *shock* on those kids' faces... And it *would* be the 21st night of September soon..."

Hannah let out a deep sigh.

Why was she the only sane person in Paradise...?

9