chapter 8
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Korra and Tuck got back on track and reached the fish port of Evan-gore. The smell of fish filled the air as traders went on with their business. 

They searched for a ship to cross the Lake and soon came upon a ship and ask to see its captain, from one of the sailors.

They were directed to a bar in the center of town. 

They enter the Girls Glory Bar where women dance on tabletops and on a stage at the back of the bar.

Korra looked around for the captain as Tuck's eyes wandered towards the beautifully dressed women.

“Over there,” Korra tells Tuck, having sported the captain at a table.

“Are you Captain Volt, Captain of the lightning ship?” asked Korra

“That I’m little lady. What may I do for you on this fine day”

“We need transportation across the lake.”

Laughter emits from Captain Volt before he stands up, “the only way I would risk my ship to cross that Lake, is if you  pay me its weight in gold,” he replies with laughter

“I don’t have that kind of money”

“Then go away.”

“There must be another way,” Korra asked, causing a dirty look from the one-eyed captain, “apart from that”

“Humph... Try the path of ogres,” he says, as he waves them away

“Tuck, do you know where the path of ogres is?” Korra asks only to find Tuck enchanted by the women dancing in the bar. She drags him outside the bar and repeats the question

“Yeah... it is a path that goes under the lake, but it is said to be home to ogres that feed upon the flesh of people they catch. Why do you ask?”

“Because that is where we are going, come on” 

“What?” shouts Tuck before he tries to head back into the bar, but he is grabbed by Korra, who drags him away. “I’m too young to be eaten,” Tuck shouts in protest

Meanwhile, on the Lake. Jacob and Helmut along with the remaining competitors who had combined part of their gold to acquire a ship sailed in silence until, 

“Beautiful weather we are having, isn’t it?” Helmut asked Jacob

“You look cheerful Helmut”

“Why wouldn’t I be? I single-handedly caused the death of forty rivals and got to kill a lot of wolves at the same time”

“I hope you still have some strength left for what is to come”

“What is coming?”

“There is a reason no ship dares to sail far from the shore,” Jiang answered, “A creature of great horror swims in these waters. Waiting for ships to sink and people to eat.”

“What should we do?” Helmut asked gripping his battle-ax firmly

“Whatever it is, we better do it now because here it comes,” Jacob said as he faced the east of the ship

Everyone gathered to the east of the ship as a call to arms was raised. They see a large shadow in the waters heading towards them.

The shadow stopped right next to the ship.

“What is it waiting for?” Helmut asked

“Perhaps a sacrifice sir,” Francisco answered, 

“Jacob. You are the smartest of us all, what do you think?” asks Helmut

“I think there are sixty competitors on the ship but only fifty guides”

Eyes turn to the ten competitors that have no guides.

One of them turns to their pod and presses the red button.

“Yah... like that is going to stop us,” utters Helmut, with a smile on his face as he and the rest of them toss them over the side.

The thrown competitors scream as they try to float above the water, only to be dragged down... one by one. As the last of them is dragged underneath the waters, the shadow disappears.

“Is that it?” asks Helmut

A brief calm falls upon them, but no sooner had it arrived than a massive force thrust the ship into the air. The competitors all jump away, as the ship turns upside down in the air.

A large monster emerges from the deep waters with its gigantic teeth and snaps the ship in half as the competitors dive into the water.

“Where is it?” shouts Helmut as one by one the monster drags them into the depths 

Jacob dives into the water and sees the monster coming towards him. Their blue eyes catch each other as the giant fish monster rushes toward him. 

fish-monster-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Jacob waits for the monster to swallow him into its mouth where with quick slashes, he cuts the gills of the fish and continues to slash ripping the head right off it. 

The head of the fish floats to the surface of the water, frightening Helmut who lets out a little scream

“Jacob” screams Jing Qing, as she searches the water for him only to have him pop from behind her, gasping for breath

“Not bad Jacob, but I would have done it better” Helmut commits

“Just start swimming Helmut” he responds.

Announcement

Special shout out to Patrick Ryan, Skorno, and Thien Truong for supporting my patreon page.

Thanks to you guys I was able to bring this chapter.

1