CHAPTER 37: Reconciling with the Goddesses
936 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You sound like you have a weapon in mind, and since you asked me for it, you want a weapon that I can supply."

"Yes I think you can give me that weapon."

"Shiba is very strong. So the weapon you want from me must be at a level that can defeat Shiba. There aren't many weapons like this and those that are very well guarded."

"I know but if I have to protect them and my self I need a better weapon."

"Then what weapon is that?" Chisato asked.

"One of the most powerful Valkyrie, who hunted down and collected evil spirits for the Chief God, but sacrificed herself to seal an S-Rank Evil spirit, turning into a demonic sword sealed in the Japanese Branch of the Hero Clan. Brynhildr."

Both of their eyes were fixed on me.

"Ren, Brynhildr, it's not something we can give to anyone. Also, that sword is in the hero clan and you will fight with a representative from the hero clan, so they won't just give you the sword. Even if we give you the sword, the sword can seal your soul. Brynhildr is a demonic weapon that not everyone can use it." Chisato explained.

"I could if I wanted to, but do you have any guarantee that the sword won't swallow your soul and get you?"Raphaeline said.

"Hmph! That sword can never touch my darling's soul." Astaroth said.

"Cousin, how can you offer to just give that sword away? You know how powerful and unpredictable a hungry sword Brynhildr is." Chisato said.

'My love, is there any way to prove it to them?' I asked.

[Soul Manifestation] [Grade: A] [3000 System Points]

"Darling, if you take this skill, you can manifest your soul power." Astaroth answered.

'Buy.'

[Ding!]

[Soul Manifestation] Acquired]

"Ahem!" I got them both turn to me.

"Actually all I have to do is show that I can handle it, right?" I said.

"Yes." x2

"Then watch this."

[Soul Manifestation]

All of a sudden, the air around began to change. And I began to feel as if something that had been inside my body since I was born was spreading around. I couldn't explain it exactly, but it's a really weird feeling.

"W-What is that in the name of heaven? T-There's this feeling, this life, even virtue, and what's this blood and lust, what's that, even death and sin, what's that." Raphaeline was stammering with a clearly confused and somewhat frightened expression on her face.

"This feeling is officially both terrifying and peaceful, what is it?" Chisato was less frightened, but still extremely confused.

'My love, what's going on?'

"Darling, the racial qualities in your body are being brought out by soul manifestation. In other words, when you use this skill, people around you can see the qualities of your race. But they can only understand these qualities if they have sufficient knowledge. And Raphaeline knows this because she is a high-level goddess. But don't worry, they don't know your race, they can only see the qualities. In other words, they can understand your vampire and incubus races, but they cannot know your dragon race, because your dragon race is a variant." Astaroth explained.

"R-Ren what exactly are you?" Raphaeline asked.

"I have never seen such a soul in my life." Chisato added it.

"I'm just an original vampire and incubus who wants to protect his loved ones and also has a bit of a fondness for women." I said it jokingly. And I canceled the skill.

"Sigh... Well everyone has secrets so I'll leave it alone." Raphaeline said.

"Nod" Chisato nodded.

"Hey, I didn't say I can't tell anyone these secrets."

"Really then can you tell us?" Raphaeline asked.

"I'm sorry, but I have some rules after all." I answered.

"What are they?" Chisato asked.

"I will only tell these secrets to my future spouses. That's the only rule." I said with smile.

"So we won't be able to find out."

"Why not? I also find you both quite beautiful."

"We're both way older than you." Chisato said.

"I mean, after all, I'm a vampire and I'm going to live forever. So why do I care about age?"

"Also, we are goddesses and you are a demon." Chisato said.

"I just don't care. I don't care about demon, god, human, races are unimportant to me. If I like someone then it doesn't matter that person or my race." I answered.

"Heheheh~ Then I have one condition to go out with you." Raphaeline said with chuckle.

"What is it?"

"If you win the hearts of Chisato and a friend, I'll be with you." Raphaeline said with smile.

"I accept."

"Aren't you going to ask who my friend is?"

"If she's your friend, she can't be a bad person." I answered.

"All right, that person's name is Sapphire." She replied with a slight blush on her cheeks.

"Are you talking about the Demon General Sapphire?" I asked back.

"Yeah~ what, are you scared of?~"

"Of course I'm not afraid, but if I'm going to be with her, I'm not doing it for anything like competition. I'll do it because I like her, and this also applies to you. So I'm going to let you two be with me with your own feelings."

The moment I answered, both Chisato's and Raphaeline's cheeks turned red.

"W-Well, let's not get off topic. Ok I have seen the power of your soul and I accept I will let you take Brynhildr." Raphaeline said hastily.

"C-Cousin?!" Chisato said.

"Look Chisato-chan~ That sword has been looking for an owner for many years and this guy here is looking for a sword too, and you felt its spirit in you. I'd rather give that sword to someone who can wield it, than have that sword left unattended there forever. After all, the only thing about that sword if it's not going to be used is a worthless piece of ornament." Raphaeline explained.

"Y-You have a point. Sigh... Fine lets give that sword to him." Chisato agreed.

*FWWOOSSSHHH

A circle of magic suddenly appeared on the ground.

And all the light started to fill the room. And as soon as I blinked, I found myself in a room with Chisato and Raphaeline in the middle of a room with a silver sword with a purple aura around it, and I knew it was Brynhildr.

"You can take it now." Raphaeline said.

I walked over to the sword and held it by the hilt. All of a sudden I started to feel as if something from the sword was trying to invade my body. And as I resisted, system messages began to appear in front of me. It was as if the demonic energy emanating from that sword was trying to eat me.

'Do you think you can eat me? I will eat you. [Devour] [Devour] [Devour] [Devour]' I was repeatedly activating the skill from my mind and was eating a little bit of demonic energy. As I ate, the system messages were increasing.

[Skill evolves as a result of our continuous use. Devour skill evolves into Gluttony.]

'[Gluttony]!' In an instant, all the demonic energy was eaten away by gluttony.

"Who are you?" All of a sudden I heard a female voice that I didn't know.

========================

Dear readers, I couldn't write a chapter for a while because the computer broke down. Chapters will be less for a while, but I'm planning to accelerate further later on. I got a little rusty during the time my computer was down.

Here is a Discord server link for you. Character illustrations are available on my Discord channel.

https://discord.gg/WqSpSasytA

Join My Pa*reon

https://www.patr*on.com/DEADLY_SHADOW

delete this (*) mark.

26