Chapter 2: The cause of war
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eight figures in shadow was seen in cloudy view surrounding someone being chained up from ground. As they were casting some sort of sealing power, the chained man looked at direction of the eye with cloudy view “Make sure you train him well, Guardian” and smirk as he was being sealed away in a big floating orb. Tatsuya begin to open his eyes slowly as the dream he is having fade away. He looked around as he was clueless on where he is right now and suddenly door open up and a man in coat walks in.

 

Men in coat: “You know…when I say we would meet again in the future…I didn’t mean that me founding you laying on the ground with bruises and scars all over your body DUMBASS”

 

Tatsuya looked at him and felt that he recognized the person.

 

Tatsuya: “Huh…Aren’t you…CRUZE?!!!!!!”

Cruze: “Don’t shout please, we’re in specialized hospital right now. Though you don’t even need it since you got the power of mythical beast to help heal yourself but we needed so privacy so yeah…”

 

As the two were exchanging looks at each other, Tatsuya remembered something important and ask Cruze “WAIT…did you happen to find any regen orb around my body last night?”. Cruze recall his memory and claim that there was nothing around Tatsuya when he found him. Tatsuya with a sad face said “Looks like I failed…”

 

Cruze: “Fail what? I got some question for you though and not last night but 2 nights before. When you slept for straight two days it means you were out of energy plus a small crack portal to the Ancient Realm was seen in the sky. Care to explain everything?”

 

Tatsuya: “sigh…few days ago a fake King name Xenon rise in the ancient realm and started chaos. At that time few Kings join together to fight him and then some of the Kings joined hand with Xenon along with his massive army. The Heroic King sent a signal of help to the Mythical Realm for the help of Guardians. Xenon goal is the No Name Realm, he wants to build a new world inside it and be a single Ruler without the overseer of Apostle.”

 

Cruze: “Wait what? The No Name Realm? If he knows about that realm then it means that he’s part of the incident 18 years ago right?”

 

Tatsuya: “Seems like it…Not many know about that incident since…you know…That King had to be killed since he created a new realm”

 

Cruze: “Hmm if I recall his name was Zero. Quite a remarkable King which our Mighty Lord praised him a lot for his personality. But the Ancient Realm matter is not something we can easily join in.”

 

Tatsuya: “The Empyreans also joined in that incident. The Apostle really want him dead for good.”

 

Cruze: “And so? What’s this Xenon method on getting to the No Name Realm?”

 

Tatsuya: “I don’t know what kind of method he has to find the portal to that realm but one thing for sure is that Xenon and his army massacre the sealing clan Phoca before starting the war.”

 

Cruze then looked at Tatsuya as he was telling the truth of not. Tatsuya then confirms it that Xenon indeed killed everyone in the Phoca clan.

 

Cruze: “…No…Not the Phoca clan…”

 

Tatsuya: “I’m sorry brother…The moment I arrive to the Ancient Realm, everything was in chaos and also the Heroic King was slain by Xenon. Only the Arc remains while the other King fled away on their own.”

 

Cruze: “Arc?”

 

Tatsuya: “They’re a group of Exiled warriors from their nation. They were the one that sealed Xenon and managed to rescue one survivor of the Phoca clan inside the regen orb. Now that the enemy has the orb, Xenon awakening will be speed up.”

 

Cruze: “I see…That’s why you ask for that regen orb just now…If the enemy didn’t kill you then it must be one of the Umbrean Generals. They’re known for keeping the pride of a true warrior. So now, what are you going to do? Charging into the Umbra Nation would be dumb even you know that.”

 

Tatsuya: “I know…but the Arc wants me to do something for them first before going back to the Ancient Realm.”

Tatsuya then explain the promise that he made with the Arc before he went to the Human Realm

 

Cruze: “Find new generation of Arc and make them inherit the previous Arc power…ancient warrior or guardians would be the perfect fit to inherit it but for a human to inherit an Ancient power would be disaster for their body since human body is limited to how much power they can handle. You know that better Tatsuya.”

 

Tatsuya: “Yes it would be disaster but surely you know what I’m talking about?”

 

Cruze look at Tatsuya and shake his head. He seems like he knows what Tatsuya is planning.

 

Cruze: “Sigh…fine…I’ll help you train this new generation since we both used to be human before becoming a Guardian.

 

Tatsuya then celebrate it as Cruze decided to help him with the new generation but then the celebration stop as Tatsuya ask Cruze “Err…before that…where do we start first on finding this new gen? He He”

 

Cruze: “I know it would be like this. Luckily our fellow friend that joined in to protect Human Realm establish a university specialize in becoming a protector.”

 

Tatsuya: “Protector?”

 

Cruze: “That’s what the human realm calls them with power. Our friend handpicked on who get to join the University so you can pretty much say they all have great potential. Some may have possessed a sleeping Ancient power inside them.”

 

Tatsuya: “And that is our job to recruit them and teach how to break the limit! LESGO MY BROTHER”

 

Cruze: “Yeah we’ll do it tomorrow, for now you get a good rest.”

 

Tatsuya: “By the way, is Granny still here?”

 

Cruze: “She’s hard to be seen nowadays due to her work but we still kept in touch. It would be great to recruit someone from the Amazon clan but granny won’t allow it. She cherished everyone in the clan as her precious daughter.”

 

Tatsuya: “Well at least I know she’s still keeping in touch with you guys.”

 

Cruze: “Well then I need to go, got some work to do and for your information…You’re still ugly. See ya!”

 

Tatsuya then furiously throw one of his pillow as Cruze casually shut the door of Tatsuya ward ignoring his tantrum. He stopped in front of the door and look to the left, a few men was seen listening to their conversation then one of them speak up “So he was on his adventure in this country and suddenly he had a fight with a monster on the field? All that time wasted just to listen to his not-so-great adventure?”

 

Cruze: “Like I said before, my friend here likes to adventure so of course he would be delighted to share his story with an old friend.”

 

The mans were annoyed by how much time they wasted listening to the pointless conversation and leave the hospital right away. Cruze smiled at the sight of them leaving as if he has fooled them. Tatsuya smiled slightly and was proud of Cruze.

 

Tatsuya: “Heh heh looks like human still being cautious of outsider huh good thing Cruze used his power to confuse them even though I hate it since he can change how I look and alter my voice…or what sort of story I was sharing with him…damn it Cruze..”

 

The Next Day Arrive…

 

Tatsuya walks out of the hospital and was greeted by Cruze. Cruze drove Tatsuya to the University of Excelsior while reminiscing about their old times as fellow comrade Guardian. They arrived to the university and Tatsuya was fascinated by how the building looks because it reminds him of the day he was chosen as a Guardian.

 

Tatsuya: “He really made this place resemble the Chosen Palace…ahh…feels nostalgic for some reason.”

 

Cruze: “Sure brings back memory…Let’s go. He wants us to meet in his office.”

As they arrive in front of the door, a voice can be heard welcoming them.

 

“WELCOME MY FELLOW FRIEND TATSUYA! IT’S BEEN 18 YEARS SINCE WE LAST MET!”

 

Tatsuya open the door and was spurt with joy feeling as he sees another old friend.

 

Tatsuya: “OZ!!! IT’S BEEN AWHILE!!”

 

The two hugged each other tightly while Cruze stand on the side avoiding their bromance hug or so he thought…Oz and Tatsuya forced Cruze to join them with another bromance hug with Cruze showing his disgusted sight.

 

Oz: “Aaaah feels good to be back together as a group huh~~”

 

Tatsuya: “Wish granny would be here, if she’s here it would complete our group.”

 

Cruze: “Well she can’t join due to work but if she has free time, she would join us immediately.”

 

As the three of them laughs out of their heart from how long they miss each other, Oz begins to get into the serious part.

 

Oz: “So I heard from Cruze about what’s happening in the Ancient Realm. Even though it is not our place to meddle with the Ancient matter but I could see this Xenon being a threat to every realm.”

 

Tatsuya: “It’s best we find them sooner so we can train them fast.”

 

Oz: “How do you plan on recruiting them? By telling them that other race exists in different realms and now one of them is planning to take over other realm?”

 

Tatsuya quietly think about what he should tell to the young one. Soon after his head began to emit heat as it's overheat from too much thinking.

 

Oz: “Hahaha relax Tatsuya, Human realm have known about the existence of other realm due to the massive outbreak of power crystal 50 years ago. Plus everyone in this campus is aiming to be a powerful Protector in the future. I’m sure some of them are willing to join you in that journey.”

 

Oz then remembered something as every Friday would be ALL OUT RUMBLE day between everyone in the campus so this would be perfect timing for a scouting. Oz brings both of them to the battlefield to watch students have a go between each other.

 

Cheering can be heard from a far, sound of power clashing with each other can be heard too and then the sight of students training hard to be a strong Protector can also be seen. Tatsuya was fascinated by how many students there are in the campus and his eyes quickly shift to the battlefield as two students are battling it out.

 

Oz: “Ah it’s Ven vs Louis. This would be a good fight between fire and water.”

 

As the battle is continued on, Tatsuya keep glancing towards someone. His eyes is fixed at a certain boy who have a unique aura surrounding him. Could he possess some kind of very unique power that made him have that aura?

 

To be continued…

0