Activation S
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I just got out of the house... another day of ridicule in the halls of my home. Can it really be called my home if I don't want to live there? I'm only there for protection really. If I hadn't studied I might as well be gone, or dead in a ditch somewhere. I make it back to my quarters, which I say quarters as I can't call it anything else. It's a drafty hut with holes and lots of rats running around. I would say I'm fortunate but once I get out of here I'm going to tear this family to shreds.

Walking along the street, in my clothes were bring a bit of attention. Everyone knew me but they still couldn’t help but stare. It’s not like I was saying ‘hey it’s me martial cripple here!’ But by now the ridiculing stares are fine. Of course now that I’m considered a talent-less cripple, they delegated servant duties to me, until they find a husband to sell me off too. Such a stupid system. Walking the market I look at some of the items being sold. Various knick knacks that the merchants find along their travels. A lot of it is unappraised cultivation gear. It’s not like I could use any of it, but I had dream that something would happen, like I’d find some sort of treasure and start my journey, but no luck. I always do it and I'm not going to stop until I find a manual I can cultivate.

Becoming a cultivator is the only way for me to move up in life and not be miserable. Stopping at one of the stalls, I buy an unknown manual using most of the silvers I have. I walk home quickly so no one can rob me, and close the door to my room tightly. Phew. Being a cultivation cripple is exhausting. I mean, I'm lucky to have been born pretty, which means my parents won't let anyone beat me in the house because they want my value to be higher. Thankfully though, I'm pretty, not a heavenly beauty, otherwise I'd be long gone by now.

Opening up the manual something happened. It was my necklace. Not the manual, but the invisible necklace I've had since I was born. No one can see it and people thought I was crazy as a child whenever I talked about it. The necklace glowed and sucked in the manual. I just stood there wide eyed at the spectacle. Did my necklace just eat my only chance of getting out of here?! Are you fucking kidding me?! I lay on my bed and try not to scream. That was my last chance! I don't even get paid here, all the money I had was from stealing from other people! I sigh. Time for plan C, Run away and become a waitress somewhere far way from here.

As I get out of my bed,  my necklace glowed again. I cringed and tried to throw it at the wall but as per usual it wouldn't move, so I just braced for impact. With a Thump an Ornate book fell to the ground and the necklace stopped glowing. I nudge it with my foot. No response. I gingerly pick it up and turn to the first page.

A guide to Rare Elements

 

1