Chapter 23 – Intimate Communication in the Helicopter
557 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Turning around, she found that Che Stuart who sat beside her didn’t say anything after boarding. He just leaned against the window with a hand tightly holding her hand. He looked like a handsome statue without soul. His usually outrageous face suddenly became listless, and the usually serious eyes became emotionless; she even felt a little sad for him.

Jingyou Jane seemed to have felt the coldness from his palm, and his body seemed to be trembling because of the coldness. What exactly happened to him? A man like Che Stuart who was always rude and arrogant should show such a vulnerable aspect in front of her…

During the tedious journey, with the rumbling sound of helicopter’s propeller over their heads, Jingyou Jane, who had always been reluctant to show her true feelings, quietly tightened her grip on his big hand and this subtle movement instantly shocked Che Stuart.

He turned to look at her, with his lips wriggling. Then, he also tightened his grip. When the two hands tightly clasped together, they both immediately felt a strange but very familiar feeling.

“Were you sad when you heard that your parents were gone?” after quite a while, a voice like a ghost’s suddenly broke the weird silence

Pausing for a second, Jingyou Jane stared at the far distance, “Yes!” Her voice sounded ethereal as if it came from the far distant sky.

Che Stuart like a new-born baby stared at her with his clear eyes.

Jingyou Jane silently thought for a while, tightening her grip on his hand subconsciously, “My father was an ordinary company employee, and my parents were schoolmates in the college. I didn’t know how they fell in love at that time. But I believe that my father’s love for mother is more than anything in the world…”

Her thoughts slowly wandered back to her youth, “Soon after my birth, my mother’s health began to deteriorate day by day. In order to raise money for her treatment, he sold nearly all the property owned by our family. I remembered that when I was a little child, we frequently moved house, but the house got smaller after every move. In the end, we could only afford to rent a house.”

Che Stuart looked at her expressionless little face. Obviously, she was trying to restrain her sorrow. He hadn’t seen such a sentimental aspect of Jingyou Jane before.

“During the worst period of my mother’s illness, we couldn’t raise a single penny for her. My father even committed robbery to save her life…”

When she said this, a touch of sadness suddenly appeared in her glazed eyes, “He had no luck. He was caught by the police the first time he attempted to rob. My mum died in the second week during his three-and-a-half-year sentence in prison; he even thought of escaping from prison because he wanted to see my mum for the last time. However, he got shot in the back of his head by the police…”

She drooped her head, and a clear tear with her warmth rolled down from her eyes to the back of his hand which was clasping her hand. She forced a smile, “I had a miserable childhood, didn’t I?”

Looking at her pretended strong face, Che Stuart reached out his big hand, domineeringly scooped her into his arms, and hugged tightly her slim shoulders. His strength was so powerful that he was seemingly rubbing her into his body. 

“You idiot!” his low voice was full of blame and anger. “Why are you so stubborn? Don’t you know you are just a little cutie needed to be constantly taken care of?”

His heart was broken for her unfortunate childhood, for her sufferings, and for her pretended independence and perseverance…

Jingyou Jane was enjoying this short moment of happiness and comfort in his arms. If she had to go to hell because of falling in love with him, she was willing to give herself a chance.

She had been living so hard for years, and it was the time for her heart to take a break.

In the quiet cabin, only regular sound of their breath could be heard. With the sky outside darkening, they silently held each other, saying no more words.

When the helicopter landed on the flat roof of a luxury villa in Japan, Jingyou Jane slowly opened her eyes from a sound sleep, which she couldn’t recall when she had fallen into.

“You wake up?” his low and sexy voice was heard above her head. Che Stuart softly ran his fingers through her hair, “We’ve arrived.”

Sitting up in his arms, she rubbed her sleepy eyes and then found the helicopter’s door was pulled open and several decently dressed Japanese were waiting outside respectfully.

Che Stuart, hugging Jane’s shoulders, walked slowly off the helicopter together with Jingyou Jane. A comely Japanese girl, who was standing in the front of the group, politely bowed low to him.

“Mr. Stuart, you are 25 minutes earlier than we expected,” when speaking, she subconsciously glanced at Jingyou Jane in Che’s arms.

Che Stuart only slightly nodded, and tightened his arms around Jingyou Jane while looking at the people waiting for him. Needless to say, everyone knew very well their relationship.

“If you are sleepy, I will ask them to take you to bedroom immediately,” his voice was so tender as if he was afraid of frightening her.

“I am fine,” Jingyou Jane replied, and then noticed the Japanese girl who was sharply staring at her. “Che, why don’t you introduce this lady to me? She is……”

“She is in charge of the Japanese branch for the Cosmos Group. Her name was Emi Nakagawa.” Che Stuart was happy upon hearing her call him “Che”.

Slightly nodded as an acknowledgement, Emi Nakagawa had a complicated expression in the face. Jingyou Jane was smart; she quickly understood Emi’s feeling about Che Stuart based on the subtle change of her facial expression.

She replied with a smile, but didn’t say anything. However, Emi’s face twitched when she saw Jingyou Jane snuggling up to Che Stuart.

Che Stuart didn’t notice it because he was too preoccupied. With a hand tightly hugging Jingyou Jane, he said, “Emi, give me the location, I will go there right away.”

“Yes!” Emi Nakagawa unwillingly replied, looking at Che, who was walking to the court, still hugging Jingyou Jane, but paying no attention to herself.

Jingyou Jane didn’t expect that Che Stuart would take her to a mourning hall.

A tremendously big picture was hanging in the middle of the wall, and the person in it was a woman around the age of 50. It was obvious that the woman was a real beauty in her younger days.

It was cold and cheerless in the hall at nightfall. Several men responsible for the night watch was surprised to see Che Stuart.

Jingyou Jane surprisingly found the young man kneeling at the front of the coffin should be Shaoyang Qi whom she met a few times before. Gosh! Why was he here?

With a sullen look on his face, Che Stuart fixed his eyes on the woman in the picture while walking towards it. He neither bowed, nor knelt down. It was even hard to tell the expression in his eyes presented hate or sadness.

Seeing Che Stuart, Shaoyang Qi who was kneeling on the ground nodded at him, “Didn’t expect your coming.”

Che Stuart mockingly curled his lips, “Since I need to come to Japan for dealing with some business, I’d like to see whether this woman’s funeral was successful or not incidentally. I am delighted that she has a good stepson to take care of her funeral instead of dumping her body in the rubbish can.”

As he was saying, he took a wad of money out of his pocket and threw them down at the front of her picture, “That is for her trip in the nether world.”

After saying that, he turned around and dragged Jingyou Jane who was still in shock to the gate of the mourning hall.

“Che, you’ve come to Japan. Don’t you want to bow to your natural mother?”

“She doesn’t deserve to be my mother,” without turning around, Che only slightly turned his chin backward, like a proud king overlooking the present situation.

Read latest chapters -> Clinging President: My Girl, I Want You!

0