Chapter 27 – Magnet for His Soul
661 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jingyou Jane smiled awkwardly, "I'm sorry, my..."

Before she finished her words, seven new Japanese paper currencies had been presented to the cashier, "I pay her bill."

The voice was so familiar and when she turned around, she found Shaoyang Qi behind her, which made her surprised, "Why are you here?"

"I see someone stuck here because she forgot about her wallet, so I decide to be a knight and help Miss Jane out," he was half-joking. The cashier received the money respectfully, put the goods into the shopping bag and gave it to Jingyou Jane.

"Here are your goods!"

Taking the goods from the cashier, she threw a helpless smile to Shaoyang Qi, "I will pay back the money."

"Only seven thousand yens," he shrugged his shoulders. "This department store happens to be one of Qis' businesses in Japan, and it's our honour that you are shopping here."

"Since you put it this way, I'll be sorry if I don't come here the next time I'm in Japan."

They walked out of the gate side by side, and Shaoyang Qi said sincerely, "Chance is better than invitation. Since we meet here, how about having a coffee now?"

"Er..."

Seeing her hesitant expression, Shaoyang Qi continued, "If you are afraid that Che Stuart will misunderstand, I will not insist."

Hearing this, Jingyou Jane shrugged her shoulders. Then she made a "please" gesture, "Mr. Qi, please lead the way."

Fifteen minutes later, they set foot together in Café Dobrentau, which was famous in Tokyo, and ordered an Italian latte and cappuccino respectively.

"Have you really been with Che for a long time?" after a few words of greeting, Qi Shaoyang converted the topic of conversation to Che Stuart, with his hand stirring the dark brown liquid in the ceramic cup gently.

In the face of this sharp question, Jingyou Jane was in a daze slightly and she didn't know how to answer at that moment. She and Stuart... After eight years, they were in a so ambiguous relationship that she couldn't figure it out now. They were lovers, friends or just bed partners?

"He was my senior in New Dersey College," after a long time, Jingyou Jane gave an ambiguous answer in an easy way, but she did not lie. This was the fact.

"That child..." Shaoyang Qi fell silent for a short while, playing with the rim of the cup with his long finger, and then asked, "Is he really your child with Stuart?"

"It seems that the reason Mr. Qi invite me for coffee today is to satisfy the curiosity about my private life."

Scoffed at by Jingyou Jane, Qi Shaoyang looked awkward, "SORRY, I just can't believe it. I have known Che for a long time. A man like Che doesn't seem like the father of a child."

"You called him Che?" Jingyou Jane raised her eyebrows, "I don't understand why you use the nickname to call him although you two have been irreconcilably hostile to each other every time you meet..."

"Actually, Che and I have known each other since we were children," he took a sip of coffee, and continued after seeing Jane's inquiring expression. "At that time, Qis' business was also in New York. My father and Che's father were college classmates and business partners. I was four years older than Che. Because my birth mother bled to death when she gave birth to me, my mom..., Che's biological mother, took good care of me at that time."

Jingyou Jane looked seriously at his expression lost in memory, not expecting that Shaoyang Qi and Che Stuart actually knew each other since childhood.

"Che's father is a workaholic. In three hundred days in a year, he was in the company. Once Che's mother fell down unconscious for miscarriage, and my father took her to the hospital in a panic. Perhaps from that time on, they began to have feelings to each other."

Shaoyang Qi sighed softly, "In fact, when I was a child, I like to play with Che. When he called me Brother Shaoyang, I wished my dead mother could also give birth to a brother as lovely as him, but unexpectedly..."

He drooped his head, "Sometimes the adults' cruel decision will destroy the friendship between children. When his mother transferred all her maternal love from Che to me, I know, there will never be an intersection of feeling again between Che and me for this life."

"So every time in the face of Che Stuart's unreasonable provocation, you choose to swallow the insult and humiliation silently to atone for his mother's sins?"

Shaoyang Qi put his hands around the rim of the cup with a smile of self-mockery, "I owe him. In fact, Che is also a poor child."

Jingyou Jane fell into silence for this topic. Since the day she met Che Stuart eight years ago, she thought he was insolent, arrogant and conceited. Unexpectedly, Che Stuart, who was as strong as iron, had such a fragile side deep in his heart.

The more she learnt about him, the more she loved him. What was she supposed to do with him on earth?

"Although I am not his biological brother, I hope he can be happy."

After a pause, she heard Qi's low and soft voice again. He reached across the coffee table and gently took her hand with a serious expression, "Che's mom has always been guilty for what she did to Che before her death and Che's happiness is her last wish. I know that Che cares about you, or he won't bring you to Japan when his mother passed away. Miss Jane, if you like, please, give Che happiness."

Entrusted by Qi, Jingyou Jane smiled, "I'll do my best."

They smiled at each other, then Jingyou Jane withdrew her hand from his, picked up the cup and took a sip of the mellow liquid inside. When Shaoyang Qi raised his head, by accident he found a furtive figure not far from the café, who was in a hurry to hide something in his hand when he saw Qi.

With the cup in hand, Shaoyang Qi frowned slightly and stayed calm; however, the  subtle change of his expression was perceived by the clever Jingyou Jane.

"Is there anything wrong?"

Shaoyang Qi, who withdrew his gaze quickly, smiled, "No, maybe I'm oversensitive. Thank you for coming out for a coffee with me."

"It is my pleasure."

"This is me; this is my future wife; this is the brother of my future wife..."

In the luxurious large kitchen, Che Stuart, who was in a casual wear, was like a naughty big boy. He took three pieces of crumpled and somewhat blackened dough and presented them to Jingyou Jane who was making cookies, just like presenting a treasure.

"Honey, this is the gift from your future husband-- me."

Jingyou Jane wearing an apron cast a glance at him, and found that the handsome and charming Che Stuart was like a naughty child at the moment. Three dough dolls as ugly as ghosts were held in his big hands, and some white flour was on his extraordinarily handsome face.

It never occurred to her that there was one day the handsome boy with a cool face would become so adorable. She couldn't help laughing out. She switched off the microwave oven, turned round and lifted her slender fingers and wiped away the flour on his handsome face.

"What a naughty man! Don't forget that you are already twenty-seven years old."

The soft and magnetic voice made Che Stuart throb in his heart. The gentle Jingyou Jane was like an omnipotent goddess, with long hair pulled back into a bun at random and a few strands fell across her full forehead. This once comely and lovely girl had unexpectedly become a super charming woman after eight years.

Jingyou Jane-- from the inside out, was a magnet for his soul, and he loved her so much! After so many years of fearless struggle and self-righteous arrogance, he was like a traveler who was emotionally exhausted and wanted to settle down in a safe place.

Read latest chapters -> Clinging President: My Girl, I Want You!

0