Chapter 31 – Searching the Whole America for You
576 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jiabao blinked at Jingyou Jane and jumped off the sofa. He reached out a little hand and grasped Jane’s soft hand, "Youyou, we've been together for the past eight years. So, I decide to stay with you for the next decades."

He looked at Che Stuart with pure eyes, and continued, "As for you, Mr. Stuart, you can pretend you've not known I'm your son. I'm sorry, but I won't go with you."

After saying that, he followed his mother and strode out of the villa, just leaving an angry man behind them. Che Stuart stood still, his hand clenched, looking at their figures gradually disappearing in the distance with rage...

Che Stuart and Jingyou Jane had gone to Japan together, but now they returned separately.

Many employees in the company were guessing what kind of relationship the two persons really had and why their new boss was interested in such a common female employee and got entangled with her.

In the company, rumors spread quickly from one person to another like infectious diseases. After returning from Japan, Jingyou Jane didn't go to work for two days. On the third day, she finally decided to go back to the company. When she stepped into the company resolutely, she heard a group of curious colleagues discussing what the real relationship between her and Che Stuart was.

Ignoring their gossip, she went directly to the top-floor office of the president. The secretary was busy tapping away at her computer to deal with daily affairs before she saw Jane. She put on a smile and said, "Jane, you finally come back to work."

Jingyou Jane twisted her lips into an obligatory smile and nodded to her, then she raised her chin and pointed at the door of the president's office. "Is our boss in there?" she asked.

"Yes, Mr. Stuart came to work early this morning. He told me that he wouldn't receive any visitors today, so..."

"I see," Jingyou Jane replied, as she turned around and walked towards the door of his office. The secretary behind her showed a lingering fear on her face and tried to stop her.

"Jane, Mr. Stuart told me not to let anybody..."

Before the secretary finished speaking, Jingyou Jane opened the door of the president's office without knocking, as if no one was there. In the office, there was no sound in such a huge space at the moment. The morning sunshine came in through the French windows and fell to the ground, and the whole room was shrouded in warmth.

Behind the desk, Che Stuart was sitting in the leather chair with his back to the door. Jingyou Jane could only see the back side of his head. He was completely indifferent to her sudden intrusion and sat stock-still.

She gave a small cough and tried to attract his attention, but it did nothing but put her in an awkward position, because Che Stuart didn't look back at her.

"Can you spare me five minutes?" without any other means, Jingyou Jane spoke first, breaking the silence.

After a few seconds, Che Stuart slowly turned the leather chair around and faced her. She looked at this handsome man behind the desk quietly. His charming face remained unchanged, but now he wore a cold expression so that she couldn't read any other human emotions on his face.

She was a little shocked when she saw Che Stuart so unfeeling. He was just like a good-looking statue without emotions and feelings.

Che Stuart raised his hand elegantly and signaled her to go on speaking.

Jane hesitated for a while before she took out a resignation letter from her handbag and put it gently on his desk, "Please approve my application."

Che Stuart looked coldly at the white envelope on his desk. It was not far away from him so that he could see the word “Resignation” on the envelope clearly. However, he neither got angry nor refused her request. Instead, he took the letter out of the envelope, took up a pen calmly, and then he signed his name on it without hesitation.

His decisive action was completely beyond her expectation. According to her expectation, at least he would show some anger…

How could Che Stuart suddenly become so indifferent?

Jingyou Jane stretched out two fingers and picked up the resignation with his signature on the desk. Although she felt a sharp pain in her heart and it was hard to restrain, Jingyou Jane forced herself to smile at him. "Thank you," she said.

Then she turned around and was about to leave, but she was stopped by a voice from behind.

"Jane, how about going to have a lunch with me?"

Seeing the puzzled expression on her face, he shrugged and said, "After stepping out of this place, you are no longer a staff member of my company. You can take that as a farewell dinner with me."

Jingyou Jane dropped her eyelids slightly and nodded. Before long, they came to a ritzy Western-style restaurant. Che Stuart ordered some famous dishes of this restaurant without asking her. Then they sat face to face.

They lapsed into a long silence again before Che Stuart said, "If Jiabao didn't make a slip of the tongue, would you hide the truth from me forever? You would never tell me why you left America eight years ago, right?"

Jingyou Jane didn't answer his questions directly. She sipped the juice in her glass quietly and replied calmly, "It is a humiliating thing for me, so I don't have to tell others."

"Others? So that's it. You always see me as an unimportant person in your life." He shook his head and continued in a self-mocking tone, "Sometimes I don't understand what I really want from you."

He looked at her intently, and his tone was low, hopeless, and even suffocating. Jingyou Jane could feel his uneasiness, which made her feel tight in the chest.

"In my memory, my father didn't make a deep impression. He never ate dinner at home, never went to school to attend a parent-teacher conference, and he didn't even know how to take care of me when I was sick. Only my mother loved me, but she left me too when I was five years old. For almost 22 years, she never came back to see me. If I had a choice, I would rather not be born in this noble family."

He narrated his past in a calm way, with an unfathomable expression passing across his face. "I was taught by my father to be a cold-blooded person. All I knew was to use money to achieve my goals. My father always used money to make up for all my mistakes. Influenced by him, I really thought, with money, I could do anything, but..."

Suddenly, he raised his head and looked earnestly at Jingyou Jane. "When you appeared in my life, I found something was wrong with my heart. I deliberately did something childish to attract your attention. I even gave Jon a good beating for you. When I heard of your disappearance, I sent people to search the whole America for you. In the past eight years, I have never given up the idea of looking for you. Jane, do you know..."

He smiled sadly and continued, "The only reason I bought Boya Group was that you worked in that company."

When Jingyou Jane heard his last sentence, tears ran down her cheeks. What kind of man was Che Stuart? He used his most high-handed measures to express his love for her. Even if she was a cold-hearted woman, her heart would beat again for him.

"Because of you, I have put myself in pain for eight years. Don't you think I'm really stupid?"

"Che—" she cried, tears rushing out of her eyes like broken diamonds. Looking at his sad face, she really wanted to throw herself into his arms and cry loudly. If she wasn't so stubborn, if she wasn't so proud...

"You little fool, you are so stubborn that I almost want to spank you. Why don't you admit that you like me?"

He shook his head helplessly and his heart ached, "If you want to run away from me because my father once hurt you, okay, I will satisfy you."

He suddenly changed his face. At this moment, he was like an unfeeling prince of darkness. He clenched his wineglass with his slender fingers and drank up all the wine in it. Then he stood up and looked down at her with a cold expression on his face.

"Thank you for having this lunch with me. I have other fish to fry. Excuse me. This meal is on me, they will deduct the money from my VIP membership card. Goodbye, Jane."

Then, he turned around and walked out of the restaurant, leaving Jingyou Jane alone in the seat. She began to abandon herself to grief.

So, Che Stuart just left like this?

What happened to him?

Why did she feel uneasy when she realized he had changed?

In the headquarters of Cosmos Group, New York, USA.

Che Stuart, who had just returned from Hong Kong, fiercely pushed open the door of a large conference room. There were two rows of employees sitting on both sides of the square table. Hearing the big noise, they were all startled. Obviously, Che’s sudden arrival caused an uproar.

Read latest chapters -> Clinging President: My Girl, I Want You!

0