Stage II, Chapter XXXIV: Assistance From The Masked Man
63 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm trying to write as much as I can before school starts back up, and updates will slow down to almost a halt.

"No, I'm confident of it. That person is you." 

"I don't even know who you are talking about. Who am I supposed to be a consort of? And I'm just a baby. It'd honestly be more believable if you told me my older brother over here was the consort." I pointed to Lucas, who had retreated back to where we were.

"He's right. Gerald, are you sure it's the baby? I didn't think that the princess was into month old toddlers who could speak in full sentences." The sword knight questions the lance knight. 

"Well, we'll just have to have the princess confirm it herself. Look, she's approaching." The lance knight turned in the direction of where the plane was earlier.

I did the same. I looked over to find the plane, surprisingly unscratched. The door in the side opened, and out came a... red haired knight.

"Is that your princess?" I ask the lance knight.

"Get down, you idiot. That's not the princess. That's just one of the Holy Knights, along with us." 

Holy Knights? What are Fahndra's strongest warriors doing in this area? 

I don't believe for one second the King Of Fahndra would send three Holy Knights to a single place. There's a reason why the Royal Army is a thing. 

Oh right. The princess. Who is she anyway?

I look over to the door from where the red knight came out, and I lay my eyes upon-

The most beautiful woman I've ever seen. 

I could not begin to express the sheer beauty radiating from the woman. Where should I start? Her platinum hair, her shining eyes... her pale complexion, her elegant gown, her dignified posture- 

No, stop. It's got to be a spell. I shake my head furiously to get rid of the thoughts plaguing my head. 

"Heh." Jandru's voice resounds in my head. That's all you have to say? Heh? 

Now that I'm in a calmer state of mind, I once again turn to the princess. I resist the urge to stare too much. 

Ow! Did you just drop me, Lena? What are you-?

I turn my head to see my siblings, bowing with their faces almost touching the ground.

Literally, they were prostrating like their lives depended on it. And it probably it did. 

"Hey, get up..." I crawl over to Lena. I attempt to push her body to the side, but she doesn't move. It was like she was in her own world. She did not pay the slightest bit of attention to me.

Even the hardheaded Lucas was down on the floor. Who would've thought that even the most rebellious sibling of the family would prostrate down willingly?

The past few seconds have been awful. Ever since the princess had come close, their was a pressure on my back that was gradually increasing in intensity. 

I raised my head up to see the princess approaching us. Step by step. With each step the pressure kept on pushing down on me. 

Oh, this isn't good. I'm losing control...

With my last remaining strength I turned over to Sabik. I don't know why I did, but I just did.

And to my surprise, he was completely up, with no resistance to the pressure on our backs. Did it not affect him? 

Oh... I don't think I can handle it anymore. Maybe if I did prostrate myself, it would go away? 

"Don't do it, Leader! You must not!" Sabik was hard in battle with the two Holy Knights. He was already having trouble holding one off. 

His only saving grace was the electricity volts that flowed out from his glaive. They formed into an untouchable beast that gave chase to it's enemies. 

This beast of electricity was keeping one of the Knights at bay, for now. 

What am I doing? My subordinate is hard at work, fighting for me, and yet here I am, groveling under the feet of some unknown princess? 

Wait... the wind is getting crazy. 

I turn to my East, and see a masked individual flying at an alarming speed towards the building. 

Boom! With a loud crash, the masked individual collided onto the top of the building. 

Smoke and dust coursed throughout the rooftop. But it was instantly blown away, as a fierce cyclone began to sweep up the surrounding area. 

The winds gathered around the masked individual, threatening to blow apart the whole building. 

This forced the princess to retreat back, and I could feel the pressure on my back lessening.

Eventually it lowered to a point that I could raise my body. In an instant, the masked person flew over to my side.

The person reached their hand out to me.

"Need a hand?" 

Huh. This is odd. Have I met this person before? It just seems too familiar...

No matter. No time to think about that now. 

Now, we fight back.

**********

"Kenneth? That is your name isn't it?" 

As expected, the princess' voice matches her angelic presence. But it doesn't trick me this time. 

I steel myself. Accepting the assistance from the masked man, he uses his wind magic to singlehandedly carry me using the wind. 

"I'm not here to talk to you, especially after what you just did. Princess or not, no one makes me put my head down. Database Link." I snap my fingers, and a link between my and the masked man's brain is formed.

"Thanks for the assistance, by the way. You mind telling me who you are?" 

"Haha, that's not for you to know, little baby. Maybe you'll figure it out after some time." 

"Okay then, I guess. Now, you mind helping me against these stuck up royals?"  

"It would be my pleasure. Wind Slash!" The masked man starts off the battle with a flurry of slashes at the air, creating sharp blades that fly towards the princess. 

While it would seem like the blades hit, taking a bit of time to look at where the princess is, you would find her not there anymore. 

"Seems like the princess is also a user of Mental Magic. That's not good for me, my spells won't be working as much. And I can clearly sense the power difference between us." 

"That's fine. I'll just need you to do one thing for me." 

"Yeah? What is it?" 

"Try to activate Her World." 

"Hey... how do you know about that?" 

"No time to waste. I'll try to find an opening and give you a few seconds to initiate the spell. Do it." 

"Fine. Don't complain if it doesn't work." 

"I know it won't, Michael."

"What did you say?" 

"Nothing. Let's do it."

If possible, I'll try to release one more for the night before going back to bed. But that's not a given.

8