Stage II, Chapter XXXV: Misunderstanding
64 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Welcome back! I'm almost all done on my assignments, and will probably be good by tomorrow! So here's a chapter!

I can tell. The vast difference in power. The mana she exerts with every minute threatens to sweep me off my feet. Not that I am standing. 

I never really did ask the masked man. How was I supposed to get close to the princess to activate my spell, anyway? 

The only times I used my World, required me to be right beside the enemy. And it'd take me a few minutes or so to even crack the "lock" (which is their mental barrier) of their brains. 

Everyone naturally has a lock. Their brains respond to the stimuli caused from me trying to enter their memories. It's just a matter of how strong it is. 

And I don't believe I could stay on the princess for too long before her assistant, the red haired knight beside her, fires that sniper she just pulled out from a briefcase not too long ago. 

No, I'll trust the masked man. I've got no choice, anyway. 

"Get ready. We'll be going pretty fast. I'm going to need you to fasten your seatbelts." The masked man's voice resounds through my head. 

"How am I supposed to get close without being forcefully brought down to my knees?!" I lied, I was still pretty worried. 

"No need to worry about that. I'll forcefully keep her pinned down. You just need to focus on getting inside her head." 

"Alright." 

"Do whatever you want to her, while you're at it, too. Maybe grope her a bit." 

"What are you talking about?" 

"I saw you eyeing the princess. Don't worry, I understand. She is beautiful." 

"Whatever." 

"Leader... might I ask for some help?" Oh? Is that Sabik?

Oh shit. I was too over my head that I forgot all about Sabik. He's hard in battle with the two knights. 

"I've gotcha." With a flick of his wrist, a gust blows Sabik away, and manages to push the two Holy Knights back.

To be able to push back two Holy Knights, even for a moment... just how strong is this guy? I bet the armor they were wearing must've made it even harder. 

Swoom! 

A bullet! 

"Dodge it!" I tell the masked man.

I figured he couldn't dodge it. I look over to find that the bullet, which had originally made it's way for his head, was floating harmlessly in the air, until another flick of the wrist from the masked man flings the bullet far away. 

It's the red haired knight. 

"Kenneth. I require your presence in the Royal Palace. I ask that you come with me, quietly." The princess once again tries to speak to me.

Grr... don't you talk to me like that, after firing that sniper bullet. 

I don't respond to the ramblings of the princess. Instead I lock eyes with the lance knight and the sword knight.

And, with the wind behind me, I am pushed at an alarming speed towards the surprised knights. 

Stretching my hands out, I grab hold of both their heads at the same time. 

With the force from the launch, and with the assistance of some Wind Blades that the masked man sent, I am able to begin cracking their "locks." 

What the fuck? These guys are total idiots! It's not even taking a few seconds before I can feel their locks almost breaking! 

**********

"Where the fuck is this place?" 

"Gerald, this was all you. You were the one who let the baby get ahold of you first!" 

"Will you two idiots quiet it down?" I yawn. 

Right now, we should theoretically be inside their memories, but since theirs two of them at the same time, I just can't decide whose precious place I'm supposed to display.

So at the moment, the place is just a blank, white space. Just the three of us.

Well, it's going to be two soon. Now that I've confirmed that these two have been succesfully caught, I should leave now. 

I let the two idiots continue bickering as I leave the World. 

************

Pwah... I open my eyes to see the... princess?! Wha?! 

The princess takes hold of my tiny hands, and lifts me into her caress.

"Where the fuck are you?" I scream to the masked man in my mind.

"The Meister? He's gone. Left you alone." I expected to hear the masked man's voice, but instead find that I'm being talked to by the princess.

"What are you..." 

"Your Link? It was too flimsy, I couldn't resist cutting into the line and interrupting your little chat, hehee." 

"You've been listening the whole time?" 

"Indeed, I was! Why have you got to be so defensive for?" The princess gently swings me back and fourth, almost cradling me. "Oh, I've always wanted to have a little brother!" 

"What about earlier... you were clearly releasing that terrifying aura?" 

"Oh, that? It was the leakage of my mana. I forgot to control it. I'm sorry, did it hurt you?" The princess brings me into her clutches, and hugs me, while patting me on the back.

Well, mentally, yes. 

"So... are you a Mental Magic user too?" I ask the princess. 

I'm already quite used to being manhandled... womanhandled...? at this point already. I didn't think much of it. All those times my personal space was invaded by Catalyn... I used to get shivers thinking about it. 

"I am! User of three different magic types, in fact. I'm an Astral, Spatial and Mental magic user!" 

Did this lady just spill all her secrets? 

Also, it appears that she's blind. I noticed it when I stared at her, but she doesn't seem to know where I am exactly. She knows my general location, but that's about it.

Also, she keeps her eyelids closed most of the time. I noticed she only opened them whenever she was excited. 

"I'm sorry to ask a blind person this, but couldn't you have taken a different baby, and called them your brother instead?" 

"That's not it. Don't you understand? This is fate!" The princess inches her face so close to mine that I couldn't see much else other than her excited expression.

"I can't say I do... but, if you don't mind, could you fix my siblings back up? Look at them, they're on the ground, faces touching the floo... where are they?" 

"They're fine! I sent them to the ship you had taken. Enough about them! Let's talk about you and me! I have so many things I want to talk to you about." 

"I'm not sure if you noticed this either, miss, but there's a giant portal in the sky, and Karm- aliens... are coming out of the hole." 

"Lyra! Call me Lyra!" 

"Right... Lyra? I don't feel comfortable being on a first name basis with the princess of this country, but..." 

"Really? A second ago, you were so rebellious against your big sister!" 

"Big sister...?" 

"Me, of course. I'm your big sister now. And wife, once you grow up." 

"Whoa, whoa. Don't you think that this is going a bit too far? I don't want my whole future planned out already." 

"Not at all! It is as fate will have it." 

"Enough of that. I really need to go. The city needs saving." I attempt to push away the princess, but her iron grip keeps me on place. Who are you, Catalyn 2.0?

"The Royal Army will have it all under control by the time the sun rises! Now come on, let's get back to the palace! Don't worry about your siblings and subordinates, I'll make sure they get sent back home!" 

"I don't think-" 

"No, you're coming with me, and that's final! You wouldn't want to make your big sister sad, wouldn't you?" 

"*gulp* I have a feeling I shouldn't. Though I'm still not quite on board with this."

8