Stage III, Chapter III: House Enchanter, At Your Service
61 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Updated glossary slots for House Enchanter.

It's a new day. And an important one. Not for me only, but for my whole family. Today is the day we are set to meet with the King Of Fahndra himself, Joheim Cyrus Fahndra. 

"Yahoo! Wake up, little brother! Today is an important day!" Ah, Lyra. I forgot I took the pill yesterday. 

"Oh, it's you, Lyra. *yawn* Good morning." 

"Good morning. How is my little baby brother doing today?" 

"Great. Feeling pumped, and feel like I could beat you." 

"Oh, don't jest, little brother. Perhaps if you ever defeated me in chess, you'd have a chance." 

"Ahh... don't remind me." 

During my stay at the Royal Palace, I'd engage in many forms of entertainment with Lyra. 

One of her favorite things to do is play chess. Now I wasn't a professional in my last life, but I figured I could give Lyra a run for her money. 

Boy, I was wrong. Two moves in, it was checkmate. 

Ever since then we'd play whenever she wanted to, or if I was feeling particularly good. 

But each time I'd lose to her very quickly. I'd even asked her to "go easy on me", but I guess that phrase isn't in her vocabulary, because she doesn't know how to do so. 

"Haha, I still can't get over the time I checkmated you so quickly that one time. And you were feeling cocky." 

"Alright, alright, that's enough now. I'll be calling Catalyn soon to pick me up. I'll see you at the palace, okay?" 

"Okay! Love you, bye." 

"Right..." 

I pressed the screen beside me and called for Catalyn.

A few minutes later, my door was opened, and there was Catalyn, still wearing her signature maid outfit. Does she not get tired of wearing the same sets of clothes, I wonder.

"Young Master. Good morning. Catalyn will be here to assist you for today." 

"Right. Thanks for your help. We should speed things up a bit today, though. We can't be making the King wait for a long time." 

"Catalyn agrees. I'll be helping young master to finish up your morning duties at twice the speed." 

***********

"It's that time again, mom. We'll be leaving for Klolla, the next area over." 

"How many times have almost all of my family members left me at the same time, too much to count anymore. Anyway, have a nice trip! How long will you be gone for?" 

"Possibly a few years."

"Wait, seriously?" (Lucas)

"Yeah. Losing to Lyra the first time we met her just made me realize how weak I still am. So we'll all be taking this trip as a way to improve ourselves, and gain even more strength than before." 

"I love that you have a goal in mind already, son. If that's the case, I hope you come back a stronger man than you were today." (Mikaela)

"Mikaela is right. I hope to see my youngest son be as strong as one of the four elders next time, okay?" (George)

"That's a bit too much to ask, Dad. But I assure you both that the next time we come back, we'll be different."

Unfortunately, we were not taking Sabik and Ciel along in this trip. I figured they wouldn't learn much since they weren't magic users, so I allowed them to stay in the vicinity of Argonsville, to protect my family, along with Tyrone. 

They were free to do what they wanted, as long as it was done in Argonsville, and they were able to protect my family. 

************

"Thank you for choosing our Phase Gate Service! Please choose your location for phasing." The same cheery woman's voice played. Ah, reminds me of the first time we went out to get Mana Grasses. 

"Fahndra Royal Palace." (Kenneth)

"Error. That location is a restricted area. Please provide evidence for approval of phasing." 

"Hey, Lyra. You there?" 

"Yes, little brother?" 

"Do you mind helping us out? We're at the Phase Gate, and it's not letting us through unless we have something to show." 

"Oh, give me a second. Diego! Yes, get it fixed, please. Thank you! There it is. It should be fixed by now, little brother." 

"Recalibrating. Welcome, Kenneth. You have been granted temporary access by the Third Princess, Lyra Rosalyn Fahndra. Please proceed into the Phase Gate. Thank you for choosing our service!" 

"Seems to be working perfectly now. Thanks a lot, Lyra." 

"No, no problem. I hope to see you soon, bye." 

************

"So this is the Royal Palace. Seems big." (Lucas)

"Is that all you have to say, Lucas? It's certainly lots of other things besides big." (Aurelia)

"Huge...?" (Lucas)

"Ah, never mind. This is where you stayed at, my lord? It is a very beautiful place." 

"It is. Now come on, don't take too long staring at the palace. We have an audience with the King to catch up to."

************

"Little brother, you're here!" We had just recently entered the palace without much issue, thanks to Lyra. 

As soon as we entered, she was right there, along with Diego. Seems like she was waiting for us.

"How long were you waiting for, anyway?" I ask Lyra.

"Not too long. Now come on, the King is waiting for you all. If I may, miss Lena?" 

"Oh, go ahead." Weird. Lena never usually hands me over to other people, even to Catalyn. 

Taking me from Lena's hands, I notice Lyra had a smirk on her face.

Oh. She probably used some sort of spell. 

"I missed you already! Did you miss me?" (Lyra)

"Not... really? I mean we talked the whole day yesterday." 

"Yes, but it's different from being in person!"

Currently we were headed to the throne room.

I recognize these walls. We passed by some paintings of Lyra, who, might I add, was absolutely charming.

I couldn't help but stare into them for quite a bit. And each time I did, Lyra would always seem to notice it, and stop my siblings. With a smirk on her face, she'd boast to me about how the paintings were drawn.

"Ah, we're here. I will be heading inside with you all, and I will be taking my place in a throne beside my father's. Many high ranking nobles are bound to be here, so please try not to cause trouble.

Three snaps from Lyra, and the large, towering door, began to open up for us, slowly revealing the many nobles lined up in the throne room.

*************

"Here they are. Lyra, is this all of them?" 

"From what I remember, they left behind their parents at home, father."

"That's fine. We can continue the ceremony without them. I'm only here to award the Karman Krew, anyway." 

"Mr. Kenneth and his siblings, please step right up!" Someone in the crowd announced our presence. Is that the herald, or whatever they call it? 

Anyway, the long walk to the throne is nervewracking. Hundreds of nobles are sitting on both sides as we walk past their curious eyes. 

Eventually, we reach the throne, and I can finally focus on one thing, and that's the King. 

All of my siblings, other than Lena, who is carrying me, kneel down onto the floor. 

"Why aren't they kneeling?!" "Show respect in the presence of the King!" "Who allowed commoners to come here?!" 

"*ahem*. Everybody be quiet. Kenneth, that is your name, is it not?" The King speaks up first.

"Yes it is, Your Majesty." 

"Good. I hear you are a cripple, yes?" 

"That is correct." 

"And my reports also say that you are the leader of a group called the Karman Krew. Is this true?"

"Yes, all of it is."

"I see. In that case, Kenneth, in light of your recent contributions to the kingdom, I ask that you pick a name."

"Pick a name, your Majesty?" 

"Yes, yes. You will have the honor to decide what name the newest noble house will carry." 

"If I may speak, Your Majesty." 

"Go ahead."

"I will leave the naming of this new house for you to decide, Your Majesty. Please choose what you think is fit." 

"I see... in that case... "Enchanter." 

"Might I ask why, Your Majesty?" 

"My daughter is very much enchanted with you, so I figured it was fitting. How about it, Mr. Kenneth?" 

"Enchanter, Enchanter... if it is what Your Majesty says, then I will accept it."

"Good. From today on, you will be known as Kenneth Conroy Enchanter. You will use Conroy as part of your name." 

"I am happy to accept it."

"Good. Next, Lena Enchanter. I grant you the name "Apollo." From today on, you will be known as Lena Apollo Enchanter." 

"I am happy to accept it."

"Good. Next, Lucas Enchanter." 

Huh. Seems like the rash Lucas actually knows how to show respect.

"I grant you the name "Griffin." From today on you will be known as Lucas Griffin Enchanter." 

"I, uh... accept it." 

"Good. Next, Catalyn Enchanter." 

"Catalyn is here."

"Catalyn, from today onwards, you will take on the name Catalyn Megistus Enchanter." 

"Catalyn accepts this reward." 

"And finally, Aurelia. I know uou are an elf, but I will not treat you any differently. You have done what many could not have done. I grant you the name "Evergreen." From today onwards, you will be known as Aurelia Evergreen Enchanter."

"I accept this reward, Your Majesty." 

"Now then, I believe that is all of you. Today I announce the creation of House Enchanter, the newest noble house, lead by the honorary noble Kenneth Conroy."

Also, thanks for the 20k views and 420 favorites! Can't believe we're already 69 chapters in. Hehe. 69

7