Stage III, Chapter XIV: Gwyar
32 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Didn't realize Kenneth in the portrait looked like he was crying. 

Oh well, that works to my advantage.

"Stay still, will you? You struggle even more than Lancelot or Gerald. What are you, an insect?" 

Despite being restrained by both Lucas and Aurelia, Macole continued on struggling. Not that it did anything, he was still trapped in my siblings' grasp.

I honestly did think this guy was a good fighter. His personality made me dislike him the first I saw him, since he was drunk.

But now that he was sober, I realized that he was a calm individual, and I could see how this guy was able to take over the whole town. Perhaps his personality when not drunk allowed him to coax the Town Guard into doing so.

Ooh, finally. We're almost done. His lock was weakening bit by bit, and I knew I would be able to get into his deepest secrets soon enough.

*ting*. The sound of a lock being broken off it's chains emanated throughout my head. 

Let's see what we're dealing with here.

_____________

Contrary to how the others reacted to when I brought them into this place, Macole was in a calm state of mind. 

The current area was a blank slate. A dark canvas that hadn't been filled yet. I was the painter, and Macole was the paintbrush. His memories was the palette, and it was up to me to find the most bright color. 

The Macole in this world was sitting in a cross legged position, taking occasional deep breaths. 

"You're here. What is this place? Why did you bring me here?" 

Maybe not as calm as I thought. The moment Macole saw me, he bombarded me with tons of questions, not even giving me the time to answer his. 

Not that I would, since this was my world, and he was just living in it. Even if the memories here were his, I was the one who controlled everything.

I did not respond to the endless barrage of questions from the curious Macole, and instead sat down in the same cross legged post in front of him.

I took on a meditating pose, and began to scan the depths of Macole's mind for his happiest memories.

"Ah. Here we go." After sifting through his whole two hundred years worth of memories, I eventually decided on his most cheerful moment.

And it was kind of hard. Since the people of Lobeck were trapped here indefinitely, there was not much that went on inside Macole's head.

Instantly the blank slate around us began to change, and slowly the world started to form.

"It is a cheerful day today! Today, we announce the replacement of the former Town Guard Captain!" 

"The current Captain has been slacking off, and is not doing his job properly. That is why we, the people, have chosen to elect Macole as the new Captain of the Town Guard!" 

Cheers began to crowd the room, with the dhampirs that had attended the session each carrying large amounts of wine and beer.

"Now, how about a few words from the captain himself? Macole, get over here!" 

"Good day, fellow dhampirs. As you may have already known, my name is Macole. I don't have much to say, but that I promise to uphold security and peace in the Town Of Lobeck for decades to come!"

So this was Macole's happiest moment? Being appointed the Captain of the Town Guard? Man, the nerve of this guy. I almost wanna punch his face in.

I went over to the petrified Macole, who was in shock seeing all that was happening. Of course, since this wasn't real, I could perfectly stand up. 

"You know, I almost didn't want to recruit you to my subordinates, but I can't leave that level of fighting capability alone. Perhaps you'll change if I do this?"

"Wha-what are you doing..."

I'll just say this. Even if you really liked someone, there has to be one characteristic of them that you hate. 

If you said so otherwise, I wouldn't believe you. Even I hate some things about my own siblings. But my appreciation for them allows me to look past that.

But I just can't see me having sort of sensible relationship with Macole down the road anytime soon. So I figured, why not change this guy's mindset?

I walked over to the frightened Macole. Perhaps, seeing the ill will coming from my eyes, he attempted to run away. 

Which, by the way, was useless. I grabbed his temples, forcing the captain to look into my eyes.

Just like earlier when I was breaking his lock, the captain struggled under my grasp as he attempted to change of his line of sight such that he could not see my glowing green eyes.

But it was futile. Wherever he turned his head, I followed. He had no choice but to stare at me as I worked to change his mind. 

Under the fierce stare of my eyes, I chanted a single line, which sealed the captain's fate.

"Let all be forgotten."

I could feel it. Macole was beginning to forget who he was. An amnesiac was what he would be in a few minutes.

"I'll need to re-educate you, as today you will take on a new name. Gwyar, like "gore". Or "spilled blood." Like how much blood was spilled in order for me to gain you, and gore for how ruthless you will turn after the transformation."

"Enough, we are done here." I let go of Macole's lifeless husk, leaving his body in this world. 

I did not know when he would wake up, but I knew one thing. 

Once he did, he would be a different person entirely. No recollection of his past, but will only have with him his name.

__________

"I'm back. Did anything happen while I was away?" 

I had woken up earlier than Macole. As expected, he was not rising. Maybe he will awaken from his slumber soon. 

"Nothing. What about you, little brother? Did anything go wrong in there?" Lena was the first to question me. 

"No, no. But I tried out a different form of magic that I am used to. Macole won't be waking up anytime soon, so I'll have to trouble you guys to bring us with him for now until he does."

"Ay, no problem, little bro. At least now I got someone to spar with." Lucas seemed pretty happy about the new addition to the group.

"What's his name, my lord?" Aurelia went up to the sleeping Macole and poked his cheek. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Well, my lord usually gives a name to his subordinates after changing them. Like how Sabik and Ciel, two former Karman, were named."

"Yeah, little brother does do that, doesn't he?" Lena joined in on the conversation.

"Well, I don't really have a reason for doing so, other than to help the guys identify themselves. Sabik, as in "the one who came first," Ciel as in "heavenly," or Gwyar as in "gore", or "spilled blood." Oh. Anyway, that's his name. Gwyar."

"Gwyar. A fitting name indeed, my lord."

 

 

4