Alternate Chapter IV: Lyra’s Expedition To The Nonhuman Continent
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From what the old man had told me, the Astral God wasn't someone I should be involved with. He was quirky, a bit petty, and perhaps peculiar. 

It was mostly because the Astral God did not reside in Krodoa itself. Instead they chose to make their living quarters in the dark reaches of space. 

Far away from any meddling creatures, and far enough from the planet's grasp.

This was the Astral God's trait. They did not require mana from the atmosphere. They instead obtained their energy from the stars. 

When stars explode, it is otherwise known as a supernova. Just before its contents are spit out into the vacuum of space, the Astral God swoops in, and swallows the exploding star whole. 

The energy emitted from a single star is believed to power up a whole planet indirectly. 

So one can only fathom how much energy the Astral God obtains just from devouring a few stars. 

Yet I did not want to search for this God. This God has the power to modify fate, and will be a dangerous foe to go up against. Even I, whose power is praised among Fahndra as one of the strongest, could not possibly land a hit against one of the only gods who was not affected by the Karman when they switched places with the True Gods. 

Instead, I chose to set my eyes on the Spatial God. There isn't much information about this God, other than the various myths written about her. 

They say she could create a black hole large enough to swallow the planet whole in mere seconds, or that she could teleport through the entirety of the planet in the blink of an eye. 

All feats worthy of a God. 

I had two choices. I was already fortunate enough to be born with three different mana types, and thus am able to choose between three of the True Gods. 

I am currently with the Mind God, the one who my little brother is an apostle to. 

I can confidently say that the man is not likeable. His personality is disgusting, his speech and body language repulsive. Frankly, I don't know how my little brother is able to put up with him.

But other than that, he's trustworthy. I cannot foresee his actions. Everything he does is never in my predictions. 

Yet if I were to find the Spatial God, I would immediately leave from my position as an apostle of the Mind God. 

Anyway, that is mere speculation. At the moment, my brother is on a journey to Klolla, the northern country. The journey is sure to be perilous, and will most likely change House Enchanter entirely. 

But I am confident that my little brother will still be the same person he is today. 

Currently, I am resting in my quarters. The soft bed reminded me of when I would bring Kenneth over every night. We would sleep together, and his adorable snores would always induce me to embrace him. 

Now, there's no Kenneth. I do feel downcast whenever I remember those times. 

"Good evening, princess. Preparations for contact have started."

"Good evening, Diego. Are Lancelot and Geralt ready?"

"They have been ready for a while now. We're waiting on you, princess." 

"I see. Then, let us go." I say as I put back the portrait of Kenneth I was holding. 

While my little brother was on his journey, I would be on mine. My journey to find the Spatial God. 

 

"Good evening, princess." The two Holy Knights greeted me. 

Lancelot and Geralt. Both professionals in the sword and spear. 

It is said that their sword and spear can cut and pierce anything. 

I've personally experienced their ability in direct combat, and can firmly say this with ease.

Rather, I'd be surprised if whoever they face isn't immediately cut down. 

But that is the norm for the Holy Knights. Each and every one of them has enough power to topple mountains.

Though I wish Father did not make them do escort missions like this one. They surely have more important missions to undertake. 

But it is no matter. As soon as Diego took my luggage, the two Holy Knights escorted me to the plane. 

The same plane I had used the day we went to meet Kenneth. I explicitly requested for this one to be used. My journey would could possibly take me across the farthest distances, over the tallest mountains and along the longest of rivers.

Once Diego had notified the pilot that everything was set, we had immediately started moving. 

And not even a few minutes later, we were in the skies. 

Our first location was already a far distance away from Fahndra. 

After all, we were heading to Hudra.

 

I don't know much about the other side of the world, other than the fact that there are many different races of nonhumans living there. 

Beastmen, vampires, elves, and many other types.

It is said that there are sentient humanlike versions of almost every animal in Hudra.

It is said that specific groups of those animals began to evolve into humanlike beings after having been in excessive contact with mana. 

Not only that, after the World Tree was planted by Andrius, the energy released from it changed the bodies of many animals into that of taller, stronger individuals. 

I hope to accomplish something noteworthy during my journey to the nonhuman continent. If all goes well, Fahndra Royal Academy, which should be starting again in a few years, will have a lot more students to accommodate. 

A non-aggression pact, if you will. 

This was my primary goal in this journey. A treaty, and one I hope the nonhumans will accept. Father has been longing to put an end to the long standing bad blood between the two. 

Although the chances of the conflict ceasing are too low to even consider. 

While there is ongoing trade between the two continents, it is merely on the level of surplus, unneeded goods.

Because each respective continent has its own specialties that the other deem valuable.

And so I have come to Hudra, and have brought along a peace offering. 

And right now seems to be the perfect time to do so. I have heard news of certain prince. 

One who was born from the World Tree, nonetheless.

 

 

 

0