Prologue
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Officer Warren Graham saw the dead body in Buck’s row, his eyes widened and his heart seemed to stop.

The fellow Officer he arrived at the crime scene with simply vomited, oblivious that Officer Graham was oblivious to his sudden sickness.

Saying the crime scene was gruesome would be a huge understatement.

The woman who had to be in her mid forties was strewn out on the ground with her white skirt pulled up to her waist, surrounded by a pool of blood.

Blood. It was splattered everywhere. There was so much of the thick crimson liquid that it was hard to tell where the lady received her wounds and how many times she received them. And you could smell it. 

Graham stared in horror in some kind of trance listening to the buzz of mosquitoes and flies that swarmed around the lady’s body.

Suddenly his paralysis broke and his face lost its grimace.

With shaking hands and his heart beating like the hooves of a horse drawing a carriage, he approached the body.

She was dead, there was no doubt about it, but oh, she looked as if she could have just been wasted on rum and was just taking a nap.

Indeed. A nap she would never wake up from.

The blood betrayed all the lies Officer Graham could have told himself.

He took a glance over his shoulder back at his partner, who had gotten himself together but still had telltale tears streaking down his face.

Upon inspecting the corpse, Officer Graham concluded that the Woman had been beaten, and then brutally stabbed to death.

To make things more confusing, the Killer must have been a professional in human anatomy; the Killer stabbed and sliced all the right spots, which Graham had observed including several deep gashes in her abdomen in which her intestines hung out, several deep and shallow cuts along her right ribs, and three stabs to the Woman’s ovaries.

The smell caused Officer Graham to gag and he choked.

Coughing, he backed far away.

“I-is it… is it bad,” Graham's partner asked.

“Sweet mother… It's horrible!,” Graham croaked. “Screw this, I’m getting out of here!”

His partner mumbled something and the duo set off. For once, Officer Graham was happy to do a report on a murder.

Anything to get the bloody hell out of there.

1