Meta Knowledge
196 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My Patreon is patreon.com/Saintbarbido. I'm at chapter 31 there.

It was as I was caressing Iris' back that the solution to many of my problems came to me. I had been looking at things from an outsider's point of view. If I couldn't get strong using my own means for the time being, why couldn't I abuse some of my meta-knowledge? Granted I had been kinda doing that but not enough. I was a fucking SI for chrissake! I should act like it.

Looking at it from that angle, there were many ways I could stronger. Mirakuru, a drug that could increase ones physical strength. A certain formula known to many DC fans, though I was a bit reluctant to use it and lastly metas with incredible powers to steal. It was then that I decided, wracking my brain over how to use my abundant energy wasn't helping me fast enough, so I threw it at the back of my mind until I was smart enough to figure that shit out.

Luckily, that wasn't far off in the future because, unfortunately for a certain Thinker, he was now at the top of my list of who to fuck with. Devoe's intelligence would be a huge asset to me. I knew it wasn't going to be easy because he would in the future tussle with team flash and one of the most intelligent Wells on the series and still come out on top many times.

We are talking about a guy who could deduce specific outcomes months before they happened and manipulate events to suit his plans. I was definitely sure he knew about me. What I was betting on was the fact that he wasn't aware I was aware of him.

In many ways, Eobard Thawne and Clifford Devoe were similar. They were both like snakes in the bush, patiently waiting until they were ready to strike. That parallel was also why I was not afraid to go to Star labs even after guessing that Eobard pretty much knew I was the 'White Phantom'. A name by which the criminal world had taken to calling me due to my white hockey mask.

The Reverse flash wouldn't strike until he was sure he could put me down for good and handle any of the fallout that may result in my death. My show of power pretty much ensured that. I knew it was also bothering him, as to how I had powers very much similar to weather wizard and his brother. So that little conundrum would guarantee me some breathing space.

After another session with Iris that morning, she left with a promise to call and I got ready to head out. I called Caitlin and asked her to do something for me. She told me she was at the lab if I wanted to come over, so without further ado I took off.

Thankfully, the team had heeded my warnings and installed some security measures at the front door. Entering the main console room, I saw Wells and Cisco playing chess.
" And...Checkmate."
Wells smiled amiably at the now exasperated Cisco.
"Every single time! How do you do that?"

"Hey guys"
I greeted.
"Oh hey Jin. Caitlin wanted to see you once you came in."
"Mr. Anderson. Lovely morning, how are you feeling?"
"I'm feeling much better these days, Dr.Wells. Once again, thank you for everything you guys have done for me."
Wells turned to look at me with a fake-guilty look in his eyes. What an actor.
"Don't mention it. I was partly responsible for your condition. If anything I should be the one apologizing to you."
"Huh...Let's call it even then."
I told him and quickly left.

My heart was pumping a little bit faster as I walked away to find Caitlin. It wasn't logical but I was nervous from being so close to someone who could kill me in the blink of an eye. It didn't matter that for all indication, Wells acted as if he wasn't suspicious of my alter-ego. His nice guy attitude, was a persona he used to lower everyone's guard and I would be damned if I fell for it.

"Hey Cait. What you doing?"
I came upon Caitlin who was studying something on a microscope.
"You were right. The tests from your blood sample brought in some impossible results. Looking at your cells, they are completely self-sufficient and even after all this time their rate of degrading is very slow."
A smile threatened to split my face in two before I quickly hid it behind a look of blank surprise.
"So what does that mean?"

She looked up from the microscope and levelled me with a gaze of muted disbelief.
"I have been studying biology for so long but this is my first time seeing something like this. Basically, your body will function normally even without food and minimal rest. Though I still think you'll feel hunger and sleepy. Basic biological functions will still apply to your body. The urge will be there but it won't be a necessity."

She came over and led me to a patient bed and started doing basic diagnostic tests on me. She blushed a little bit once she placed a stethoscope on my bare chest.
"So what brought this on Jin? You called me early in the morning telling me to look for abnormalities in your body. How did you know?"
"Well, for a while now, I haven't been feeling tired. Like at all. Last night was the clear indication that something was different with my body."

"Last night? What happened?"
She inquired while measuring my blood pressure. I looked at her and smirked.
"Let's just say, I indulged myself in some highly intensive exercise."
She scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion.
"Exercise at night?…oh"
She quickly looked away, flushed, once she found out what I was talking about.

"Really Jin?"
I laughed as she punched me on the arm.
"Anyway back to my freakish body, where is the energy in my cells coming from?"
I had a good idea of where but that theory only produced more questions.
"I have no idea. That's where it has me stumped. Maybe Dr.Wells and Cisco might have an idea. After all dealing with meta-human physiology is uncharted territory."

Damnit, if we bring Wells into this then there's a small chance he might figure out my plans. It's not like I have a choice though, Caitlin and Cisco as of now are loyal to the two-faced bastard.
"So you think that energy is the reason why I have powers?"
"Might be, but the energy your cells are getting are only enough to keep them active. So no, I don't think so. Your powers come from a meta gene that was awakened by the influx of dark matter in your system."

So far, things are how I suspected them to be. Which boded well for me. No spoilers though.
"So Cait, could you not tell Dr.Wells and Cisco for the time being? I'm already different, I don't want them looking at me even more strange."
I persuaded her until she finally agreed.

We spent a while talking but my mind was a bit far. I had the thought of speaking to Cisco on how one can track and breach an ever moving pocket dimension generating ship. Yup, you heard it right. Devoe had a freaking dimension ship. That's where his lair was and most probably where I could find him. I squashed that thought as quickly as it had come though.

Feeling the urge to slap myself, I rationalized. It had only been a few months after the particle accelerator explosion, so most of the crazy tech he and his wife had created probably didn't exist yet. That means no pocket dimension traversing ship and probably no Samuroids. So all I had to do was stake out his house and when he least expects it boom! The white phantom arrives.

That name though.

(4 hours later)

I looked over at the ocean. I was in an abandoned shore to the east of Central city. A place that had once been a junkyard that the city council had decided to clean up. It was abandoned because the funds had been pulled out before the project could be completed so the mayor had a high fence constructed around the place, to keep out people before the project resumed.

I could easily practice and familiarize myself with my powers inside my mind-space but that would also weaken me. I needed to be able to fight in any setting and terrain and my mind-scape could only generate so much before it proved to be monotonous.

I had my water sense out, scanning the area for anyone. It wouldn't do for someone to come and see me try to control nature. I mentally turned on a switch to my weather control powers and called out to the air surrounding me. A small funnel of wind started forming on the palm of my hand.

I increased it's speed and a tornado formed. I had taken inspiration from Riptide, a character from X-Men first class. The tornado grew in intensity and I pushed it out. It got big and the papers that were lying around me started swirling around it's now 12 meter height form. The tornado was grey in color and soon sheets of plastic and light metals were dancing around it in a gruesome manner. I mentally disbanded it and everything calmed down.

I pulled back my hand and thrust it forward in a punch like motion. A huge curtain of air blew out my hand and sent the scattered debris flying away. The force of the wind was enough to send a huge fridge skidding back away on the ground so it wasn't much.

I spread my fingers outwards and threw my palm again in a Buddha palm motion. The force, this time was concentrated as the wind impacted the fridge at one corner and deformed it. Next I tried slicing out my palm in a knife-like motion and sure enough, I carved a huge piece out of the now sorry looking fridge.

After playing with my wind powers and some flying, I tried to fuse the wind with my shockwave abilities while punching out and almost fainted. The resulting bang threw everything at my front away and onto the fence. I on the other hand was left flying backwards from the huge force. The fence was almost blasted away too, so I promised myself to get better at control before unleashing such an attack again. Of course I named it Almighty push.

I looked out at the water and thought of something I hadn't tried out yet. If I had Percy's powers then it stood to reason that I could also get stronger in the water right? I hadn't felt anything like that while showering or drinking regular water so it must only work with sea-water. After dipping my feet in the ocean I was proven right as my body instantly felt stronger. I also felt that my control over hydro-kinesis had gotten easier.

The persistent calling I felt towards the ocean came back even stronger. I ignored it as I wasn't powerful enough to actually seek out whatever it was calling out to me. I attuned myself to the gentle waves hitting the shore and reached out to put the water in my close proximity under my control. The water responded to me eagerly. A perk brought about mostly because of my demi-god essence.

I raised a large volume of it up and stared amazingly at the fish swimming around in it's ball form. I ejected all the fish out and reaching out with my weather powers, froze it entirely. The water grew colder and formed into a huge ball of ice almost 50 meters in diameter. I felt a bit of strain as I sent it revolving around me.

Chips of ice started shooting out of the ice ball in a machine-gun like form and impacted the ocean until the whole ball was gone. I breathed out a little tired but a few seconds later my body felt as energized as before. My stamina was crazy!

The only thing I was left without trying was my lightning. I wondered if I could use my lightning in another way apart from only blasting it out from the sky as I had done before. I wanted to shoot it out of my hands! Coat Myself in it to increase my reaction speed and durability. Sadly my chidori dream was far away from happening because none of that worked. Satisfied with the training I had done, I went home to plan a murder, find a secret base and become the strongest dude in the world.

4