My Bullshit Powers
281 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Patreon is at Chapter 35. Patreon.com/Saintbarbido

I'm not a scientist. I don't know shit about what happens when you compress an atom to it's smallest size. Neither do I know how to correctly name all the star constellations in the sky. What I do know however is that my powers are bullshit. Sometimes they follow certain scientific guidelines and other times, they tend to shit all over science.

Case in point…

My back hurt. My head hurt and I felt like sneezing. Random? Yeah I know. There was dust all around me so… Not to mention the wrecked lab equipment and hanging cables. A field of purple energy shield appeared infront of Devoe. Who was looking just as worse as I felt. He was coughing while his wife was struggling to hold him up. 

I wheezed as I pushed a broken section of the table off me and tried to use my powers. My ears were still ringing so my capabilities were probably at half their full effect. Marie, Devoe's wife noticed me getting up and widened her eyes. She pressed something on her wrist pad and five robots broke into the room and started firing at me. 

I ducked and dodged as much as I could in the state I was. The robots were firing red beams which shaved of sections of anything they touched. I knew I couldn't keep it up for long but fortunately I didn't have to. It was finally time. Time to break all logic and crap on common reasoning once more…

Let's backtrack a little bit. I knew I'd need a backup plan of a backup plan of the main plan to deal with Devoe. So I came up with a move. It was accidental. Almost killed me. I was stupid but lucky to even try it in the first place. 

I had been wondering if I could compress my shockwaves into focused blasts of kinetic energy, concussive force or piercing attacks. My initial experimentations had not yielded anything. While trying to make my shockwaves small enough to stab through something, I had noted that the more compressed they became, the harder it was to compress them even more.

so when I compressed it even more, I had been tongue-tied to see the pulsating spherical shockwave above my palm, start twisting menacingly and change to a dark color in the middle. The twisting grew frantic and out of control. I brought the other palm above the now dark ball and tried to unravel it. The wind started picking up around me and with a shout I threw the dark ball towards the ocean pushing it away with air. 

I quickly called upon my dark matter glowing water ball and shielded myself inside it. Everything around, close to a hundred meter radius was blasted away in a burst of concussion with the dark ball at it's epicenter. Ocean water started raining from the sky as I surveyed the destruction caused by such a small attack. 

From there, everything descended into anarchy. I negated the loud booms and sounds through my wind control but that couldn't hide just how trashed the beach was. It was all in a due to get good control over my new (and favorite) move. Finally I managed to perfect it by encasing my glowing water around the dark ball for delayed attacks.

I could dissolve the glowy water, which would then cause the dark ball to explode.

So as I was hiding behind the wreckage of Devoe's lab, it wasn't a look of fear that graced my face. It was a smile of a plan gone well. I encased myself in a glowing water shield( really have to come up with a name for that.) And mentally unravelled the blue marbles on Devoe's lab coat pockets. 

"Zero zone."

Booooom!

(Jin's Mind-scape)

Multiple cracks suddenly appeared on the glowing egg.

(Star Labs)

Wells ground his teeth in frustration. Another chess piece was gone from the board.

A patient's finger twitched. He was lying on the star labs medical room. Soon, like a phoenix, he would rise from the ashes and wake up to a destiny bigger than himself.

(Jin's P.O.V)

I limped my way back home. Devoe was dead and I'd gotten his thinker powers. I hadn't turned them on yet due to the power's nature of suppressing emotional quotient. Slamming into the bed, I allowed myself to accept the pull of sleep. My dreams were a blur of colors, misshapen stone faces and lightning with names on it. 

The dreams ended and I found myself sitting on a sofa. A cup of tea was steaming gently on a small tea table at my front. I stretched out my hand, took the cup and took a small sip.

"Tea is meant to be savored. Good to see that you haven't forgotten that, Master Jin."

I immediately looked at the man in the butler suit who had seemingly appeared from nowhere. A smile of disbelief split my face in two. I made to get up but realized that I couldn't.

"Alfred…"

He smiled sadly. 

"My powers are immensely restricted here. The most I can do, is brew you a cup of tea and talk."

The smile slid off my face and I looked around inquisitively. Everything was…gray.

"Where are we?"

"A curious little place, known as the Dream world. It was the only way I could contact you as I'm no longer in the same realm as I

You are."

"Then where are you? Tell me and I'll come rescue you!"

"You're not ready yet. Jin, you have the potential to be really strong. You have the power but your conviction is weak. A sword is only as powerful as it's wielder. You haven't faced anything to really push you to the limit and I fear that that will be your undoing."

"What? Alfred, I see you after all this time and that's the first thing you say to me? Not, how have you been or hello, sorry for bailing out on you, my friend. I've been so worried that something had happened to you!"

Alfred's face hardened.

"It hasn't exactly been a cake walk for me too Jin. Forces are at play that could destroy you with just a thought. I'm sorry, for not explaining things clearly but this is not the time for that. Things are coming and I need you to be ready. Which is why, I wanna apologize for this."

"Alfred, what are you talking about?"

He contemplated telling me but then shook his head.

"It's for your own good. Survive."

My eyes widened as the ground opened up and I found myself falling into a dark space. 

"Wait…no…no…noooo!"

(General P.O.V)

As soon as Jin was swallowed up by the ground, Alfred slumped in his seat in a sudden bout of weakness. A figure in purple robes, white hair and a long staff on it's left hand shimmered into being.

"Are you sure that was wise?"

"I'm not Athena, so no. Even if I was at my full power, my powers of foresight barely trump hers. I don't have a choice. I was locked away for so long that my memories and full powers were blocked. Making me no different from a mortal. Jin, is my way out. As he is, currently, he cannot hope to beat any of the others' champions so he needs a kick and this is the only way to maximize the gains."

The purple robed figure snorted and sarcastically said,

"His sanity is the only trade-off right? Nothing worth losing."

Alfred had a little glint in his eyes.

"You don't know him like I do. While others break, he will bend and bounce back even stronger. He pursues power almost greedily but also has his own set of morals. That's what I need right now."

The duo were silent for a while then the robed figure sighed.

"All this drama…those three bloody bitches never get tired."

(Jin's P.O.V)

I was burning. I had tried to use any of my powers but nothing had worked. So I had started screaming. Screaming. Screaming. Screaming. Then darkness. 

I was freezing. It was pure agony. I had tried to use any of my powers but nothing had worked. So I had started screaming again. And again. And again. Then darkness.

All kinds of torture. Stabbing. Getting skinned. Drowning in a pit of lava. Getting gutted. Getting torn apart limb from limb and then finally it all stopped. Blissful silence. Disquieting silence. Annoying silence. Too much silence. 

Something soon happened. It started with green flashing lights. The flashing settled and I was left looking at the dry words at my front.

'WE ARE JUST GETTING STARTED'

(General P.O.V)

"I told you! Your plan was sound but you didn't tell me that he was part demi! Not to mention that its from another Pantheon!"

The purple robed figure, whose body features indicated that it was a she shouted at Alfred. 

He ran a hand through his hair and cursed.

"Damn it."

He turned around. His back on a floating figure. The third occupant of the room.

"He wasn't supposed to be! It's them! The fates. They are afraid."

The female snarled.

"So what! You're the one who didn't do your homework! You know what happens when different divinities fuse, don't you? You're going to bring doom to us all! There's a reason it's…"

"Fuck! You think I don't know it! You're not helping by pointing out what has already happened. Let's calm down and think. Can you block his memories and his other part?"

The robed female grew silent.

"Well? Answer me."

Alfred urged.

"Maybe. I'm not sure. If my bindings get loose then he'll remember everything and get access to his other part. When that happens, chaos help us."

"Do it."

3