Cap 18: maze
204 0 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


 The leaders of their respective nations looked at the giant screen expectantly.  Every leader had their confidence to win this tournament.

 -

 Shin observed the labyrinth that looked simple, but it wasn't.  The Labyrinth modifies and changes passages every few minutes, making it difficult for participants to find the exit.  He also noticed that the Labyrinth used some illusions to confuse people.

 "This phase plans to eliminate most of the weaker players."  Looks like the  "Eye of Saturn" is smarter than he thought.  Shin had never seen a live artifact before, but he was very interested.  "Well, let's get out of here."  Despite all that, it was very easy for him to get out of the Labyrinth.

 *Sigh*

 'I can't do anything interesting at this stage.'  Shin sighed dejectedly.

 'I think I can get some battle experience in the 2nd phase.'  Shin wanted to get some experience before fighting the mission's final enemy.

 -

 Mari looked at the seemingly endless passages.  She decided to try out what Shin told her before entering the Labyrinth.  "If it doesn't work, I can force it through using my fists."

 *ssghnn*

 Mari took a deep breath.  She was about to use her fundamental element, probability.  This element is extremely difficult to control because it is a very abstract element.  Mari has gained that element since she joined the group, but still couldn't use the basics.  She was trying to use probability to increase her chances of finding the way out, although she managed to get past the Labyrinth using her own strength, she knew Shin's method was also a form of training.

 'Focus on the result you need.  There are many possibilities, but which one do you want?'

 Mari remembered Shin's words.  She needed to focus on the possibility she craved.

 'I can.'

 Mari began to run aimlessly.

 -

 'Why is it so complicated?'

 A girl ran panting as she tried to find her way out.  Even though she was running through several different passages, she always ended up in the same place.  "What's going on? Is the Labyrinth changing?"

 "Looks like you're lost, little girl."  When the girl was thinking about how to get out of this place, a female voice spoke to her.  The girl was startled when she saw a woman appear in front of her.

 "H-hello."  The girl spoke unsteadily.  She didn't want to fight in this labyrinth, so she decided to be friendly with the woman who suddenly appeared.

 "You look similar to Tiana…"

 Airin had light blond hair.  Her eyes were green and she had a small body, but with very sharp curves.  Her face was very similar to Tiana's.

 "Do you know my mother?"  The girl was surprised when this woman spoke about her mother.  Her mother didn't have close friends because her social standing was very high.  'Maybe my mother met her on the island.'

 "Well… we're known. So what's your name?"

 "My name is Airin Homilion. I am the 1st princess of the Kingdom of the Elves, Sandarim. Nice to meet you."

 "It's nice to meet you. My name is Mari Sekiguchi."

 "Are you lost too, Miss Mari?"  Airin thought Mari was also lost in that Labyrinth.  "I'm not lost. I'll definitely find the way out."

 "R-right."  Airin still doubted Mari, but she decided to keep quiet.  Mari looked at Airin who was thinking of a way out of the Labyrinth and decided to help her.  'I'll charge Tiana for the help later'

 "Follow me, I'll take you out."  Mari didn't wait for Airin's answer and ran away.

 "This…" Airin still didn't fully trust Mari, but she wanted to get out of this labyrinth.  Airin clenched her fists and decided to follow Mari.

 -

 Aka was passing through the corridors of the Labyrinth at a very fast speed.  She thought the first phase would be too easy, but it looks like she was wrong.  After spending time in this Labyrinth, she noticed that it changes constantly.

 "I still have a lot of time."  Only a few minutes had passed since the participants arrived.

 *GOOD!*

 When Aka was thinking about the Labyrinth, an explosion occurred.  The labyrinth walls were destroyed by the explosion.  She looked towards the destroyed wall and saw a boy passed out with his body covered in blood.  Aka stopped his movement to analyze the situation.

 "Why are humans in this world so stupid?!"  Naomi asked with an impatient expression, she was beginning to doubt that her friends were humans of different species.  As Naomi was heading towards the exit of the Labyrinth, a boy tried to flirt with her, but she rejected him.  The rejected boy started talking about being someone important's son and 'blah blah blah'.``

 "Shin said these people had the bearing of 'Isekais story extras'."  Naomi had heard Shin use that term once.  "What is isekais?"  She decided to ask him later.

 Aka was watching from a distance, so she decided not to interfere.  She didn't want to fight in the first round of the tournament.  Aka had confidence in her power, but it was better to save her energy for the 2nd and 3rd phase.

 Naomi felt she was being watched.  She used mana to detect her surroundings.  After discovering Aka's presence, Naomi said, "Snooping around is rude, little girl."

 Aka was a little surprised when she was discovered.  Concealment wasn't her specialty, but she was confident tournament participants wouldn't be able to detect her presence.

 "I'm not here to fight, I'm just passing through."

 "Good."  Naomi didn't give the matter much thought.  She destroyed another wall using magic and headed towards the exit.  Aka didn't wait long either and decided to go on his way.

 -

 The leaders of each power watched the Labyrinth through the giant screen, they could see almost everything in the Labyrinth, but they couldn't hear anything.  They also can't see the final part of the Labyrinth, so they don't know which participant is in front.  When they were wondering who would be the first to leave, a woman appeared at the exit with a happy expression on her face.

 "Hahahaha, I got it!"  When Mari saw that she managed to find the way out, she was extremely happy.  "Shin, I did it! I did it!"  With that, she took a significant leap to be able to manipulate probability masterfully.  Mari knew that probability was an extremely powerful element, but even after practicing for over a week, she didn't get a single breakthrough.  She was getting discouraged, but with the hint from Shin and the Labyrinth, she managed to make her first advance.

 "Congratulations! I'm sure you will have many advances in the future."  Shin replied smiling.

 "Shin…" Mari approached Shin and hugged him.  Shin was a little surprised by the action.

 "What a spoiled girl."  He grabbed her waist as he stroked her blonde hair.  Mari smiled happily when she was pampered by him.

 'So good…'

 -

 The leaders looked at the scene ahead with amazement in their eyes.  They were surprised when an unknown woman was the "first" to come out of the Labyrinth, but when they looked at Shin, they couldn't understand how this guy suddenly appeared.

 'Since when did this guy come out?'  They didn't see anyone but Mari come out of the Labyrinth.  When the leaders were confused by the events, one more person came out of the Maze.

 "Miss Mari, could you walk slower?"  Airin could barely keep up with the speed Mari was using to exit the Labyrinth.

 "Miss Ma-" Airin's words froze when she saw Mari being hugged by a young man.  Airin was starting to enjoy talking to Mari, Mari didn't despise her talent and even told her some things about magic.  Airin thought she could get a good friend, but here she was hugging a young man with a happy expression on her face.

 'MS.  Mari, was our friendship so short?'

 -

 "Looks like I wasn't the first to arrive."  Ryuu, who had just come out of the Labyrinth, spoke up.

 "Don't worry about it. The main objective for this phase was to let Mari improve her element."  Shin finished spoiling Mari and replied to Ryuu.

 "You're right."  Ryuu couldn't destroy many Labyrinth walls, because Mari needed to train her element.

 "Tsk, looks like I was the last one."  Naomi said.  She arrived after Ryuu.

 -

 After a while, more and more participants came out of the Labyrinth.  Aka was the 6th to leave.  This was the first time she had experienced such a crushing defeat, but she wasn't mad.

 'How did they pass so fast?'  She thought.

 -

 Alvin watched the exit with an expression of pride, but when he walked out the door and saw that 7 people had arrived before him, his expression froze.  Alvin looked into a corner and saw his sister there.

 "Sister… what's going on?"  Alvin couldn't accept that he lost to his sister, he thought something was up.

 "Brother, what are you talking about?"  Airin asked with a smile.  She was happy to see her brother's expression of disbelief.  "Brother, what took you so long?"

 Alvin froze when he heard Airin's words.

 -

 When the 1st phase of the tournament ended, Shin, Ryuu, Naomi and Mari decided to come back.  They will wake up tomorrow to participate in the 2nd phase of the tournament.

 'Fighting monsters…' is the first time he would ever fight monsters.




Author's Reminder: ♡ if you liked it. 5☆?

37