Chapter 3: A Cup of Blood and An Oath
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Always remember Anton, as a nobleman you must not forget the Code of Chivalry. Men without rules are no different than a beast. So you must not forget that."

My master always said that during my training. Master is one of the greatest knight that I know just like father. Right now I am heading to Master's domain, I want to receive his blessing before I go for my pilgrimage.

"Looks like it's almost night, let's set up our camp here before it gets dark."

"Yes my lord."

Asura quickly gather the wood and setting up the campfire. As for me, I just feeding Brun and clean her up a bit.

"Master Anton, you don't need to do anything just let me do it. Just sit here and rest up."

"Don't worry I can at least clean up Brun here."

"No! Master you must remember that you are a noble and as a noble you are not expected to do a labour job, that is a job for a servant like me."

"But..."

"No buts, master just stay and rest."

For some reason Asura really specific about this matter. She said that if I don't act like a noble, people especially servants will take advantage of me. I just take a seat beside the fire while waiting for the food to be served.

"Here master, a beef stew."

"Thank you."

I take the stew and eat one spoon of it. The meat is really soft as if it was melting in my mouth. The harmonious combination of various herbs with the fat really make the stew itself much more creamy than usual. As expected of Asura she is the only one that can make this perfect beef stew. I eat about three bowls of stew and  after dinner I start to swing my sword for a bit to help with digestion. I can see that Asura is setting up my tent and preparing my sleeping mat.

"Master your sleeping mattress is ready, you may sleep now."

"Thank you Asura."

I sheath back my sword. Asura came to me with a bowl of water and a towel. She take off my armour and shirt and slowly wiping my body. She then dress me up in a sleeping clothes  and. After that I slowly make my way to the tent, when suddenly Asura called me again.

"My Lord, wait for a bit. Today is master's blood intake"

"Ah I almost forgot."

Asura then slowly move towards me and proceed to get down on her knees in front of me. She then unbuttoned her collar and present me her neck. Without hesitation I hug Asura and start to bite her neck. She squirming a bit in my embrace and moaning as I slowly sucking out blood from her. After a few minutes of blood sucking I proceed to let her go. In my arms I can see Asura in daze and her face flushing up a bit.

"Thank you Asura."

After I said my thanks, Asura quickly snap out of her daze and quickly rearrange herself.

"No need to thank me master. It's just my job."

She smile amicably and proceed to sit at right outside the tent. As for me I lay myself on the sleeping mat and take a long nice sleep.

***

My name is Asura, I am Master Anton personal maid. I have serve Master since I was little. I was brought in by Salan Family when I was an infant. They train me and educate me on how to be a perfect servant for master.

Serving Master Anton is the only thing that can bring me joy and happiness. As long as Master happy, I am happy. For me he is my one and only master. 

But there was a moment when I don't really like serving master Anton. Back then Master Anton always being compared to Master Anthony. Master Anthony can do a lot of thing that master Anton can't. Because of that, me as his personal servant always been looked down by the servants that serving Master Anthony. At first they only talk behind my back but after a while they began to bully me. Little by little I slowly resent Master. Sometimes I cried alone behind the castle. One day as I sitting alone crying, Master Anthony found me.

"I heard about the maid bullying you. Is there anything that I can do to help?"

I look at him and proceed to hug him. I feel warm in my heart. After a while I told Master Anthony about the bullying, he listen to me. He then look at me with a smile and head back to the castle. The next day, the bullying stop. At that time I start to admire Master Anthony.

After that day me and Master Anthony start to get along well. I spend more time with him more than with Master Anton and slowly I start to fall in love with him. At that time I feel that I can do anything if Master Anthony is there for me. I always feel like that until one day when he is not there for me.

It was Master Anthony's 11th birthday, I sneak out of the castle in the night and head to forest to find a birthday present for him. I heard that there is a flower in there called Reinsturm, it is said that if you give it to someone that you love they are guaranteed to be togather forever.

When I arrived, I quickly move deep into the woods looking for the flower. I was so focused on finding it that I did not realised that something is stalking me from the shadow. I walk about 20 minutes when I see a purple flower that is a bit shiny.

"There it is, Reinsturm flower."

I walk slowly towards the flower when suddenly I heard twig snapping behind me. I can feel the hair on my back standing and the wind blowing a cold slow breeze. I slowly turn my head and saw five goblins standing behind me. I heard from an old servants that goblins, orcs and ogres are savage creatures that loves to kill and torture peoples. My legs began to shakes uncontrollably and I can feel something hot flowing between my legs. The goblins look at me and start to laughing and they slowly walk towards me.

"Help... me... Master Anthony... someone please help me..."

"Hyah!!!"

Suddenly one of the goblin's head was cut off. A gallant figure of a boy right in front of me. He fight off the goblins by himself. In my eyes he is the coolest and bravest man that I ever seen, he is Master Anton. He fight them alone one by one they were cut down. He turn around and look at me in the eyes.

"Did you hurt Asura?"

"Mas... Master Anton..."

I quickly get on my feet and run as fast as I can towards him. I embrace him as tight as I can as if he will lost from my sight if I didn't do that. He then hug me back and pet my head gently. With every stroke I can feel his warmth throughout my body, I feel safe. Then suddenly master' warmth vanished. He push me aside and in a blink of an eye, a vile goblin stand in front of him holding a dagger, slowly penetrating his body. Blood spewing out from both Master's mouth and wound. Everything happening so fast that I cannot even react to it. In matter of seconds, master quickly raised his sword and cut the goblin down.

Master standing still, bloodied. From behind I can see that he has a gallant figure of a knight. The greatest nobleman that is only exist in the storybooks. Then his body starting to stagger and finally fall to the ground.

"Master!!!"

I quickly stand up and run towards him, as fast as my legs can take me and hold him. Fresh warm blood continue to flowing out from his wounds and his body starting to feel cold.

"Hang in there master!"

I slowly drag master through the woods. He lost a lot of blood and my legs starting to shake. Sweat covering my whole body even when it is cold in the night. I look at master, his face starting to become pale and his body start to become stiff.

"Hang in there master, just a bit more."

Suddenly I heard in a distance a chattering voice. I quickly ran towards the sound and at the end I found two soldiers patrolling the area. I scream as hard as I can.

"HELP!!! PLEASE I NEED A HELP HERE!!!"

The soldiers heard and quickly run toward us. Just a bit more master, hang in there just a bit more.

***

It has been one week since master's fight with the goblins. He is still unconscious. I waited for master to wake up. Day in and day out, I came in his room to wipe his body. I hold his hand tightly, pray to Irissia that he will wake up. Suddenly I can feel a twitch from his fingers.

"Master..."

I called. His eyes slowly open. The grip on his hand continue to tighten. His iris start to darting everywhere around the room as if confused about his situation. His eyes finally focus on me and his mouth slowly forming a smile, a very weak smile.

"Are you okay, Asura?"

He asked me with a very weak voice. My eyes suddenly feel warm and I can feel beads of tears flowing on my cheeks. With all my strength I hug Master Anton, I don't care if anyone saw me, I don't care that my tears is flowing non-stop. The only thing that I have in my head right now is the feeling of relief seeing my saviour opening his eyes.

"I'm sorry Master. I'm sorry for all of my sins. I'm sorry for always abandoning you. I'm sorry, I really am sorry."

Master just sit there and return back my hugs, he even put his noble hands upon this filthy servant's head that did not care about him. Slowly petting me, comforting me.

"Why did you save me? I am a vile maid, that did not care about you. Why did you risk your life to save me?"

I asked while tears continue to flow like a rain. He rise my head and wipe the tears with his fingers, his face still sweetly smile towards me.

"You are my vassal, Asura. If I cannot protect my own vassals how can me, as a noble and a knight are expected to protect my people and domain. Besides..."

He take his other hand and hold my hands tightly. He look me into the eyes.

"...for me you are the most important person in my life. Most of the servants abandoned me one after another when my parents start to ignore me. Some of them even saying hurful thing behind my back. But not you. You stay besides me, even when that happened."

"But I am not good as master might think. I also am no different than the other servants, I also talk bad about you and... I am also abandoning you."

"But you still stay with me even now. That is more than enough for me."

I look at him in his eyes. It is the eyes of someone that is lonely, alone in this cruel and violent world. How can I not realise this? I am not the only one alone in this castle, Master also didn't have anyone beside him. If me someone that is look down by the servants for serving him, how about him? A person that is abandoned by his parents, relatives, friends servants. He is suffering alone, without anyone beside him. Unlike me who can run, he can only stand there putting up a brave front, when in fact it's only matter of time before he brake. I then release my hand from his grip and proceed to kneel in front of him.

"Master Anton, I, Asura give my oath to you that I shall serve you. I will be with you whenever and wherever you are. I swore in Irissia name that I shall forever be with you until the end of my day."

From today onwards, he is the only person that I need, my only master. How can I be blinded all this time? But it doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is right now, from this very moment I shall serve him until the end of my day. Master I will forever be with you. Even if the whole world is against you I will be there to help and support you. From this moment on please...

***

"Asura are you okay? You have been quite since this morning."

Master look at me. In his eyes I can see that he is worried about my well being. I slowly reach his hand and grip it while looking at him with a smile.

"Don't worry Master, I'm okay."

... be happy.

The next update is on friday. And if you want to support, you can donate to my patreon.

0