1. First steps Into the World Outside and a Quest to do
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Summer has at last begun, I can smell it in the air and see it in the trees. As I take my first steps onto the main road I smile, my aura is sealed and Uncle gave me a quest. I  begin my walk to reach the nearby village where my mission is located, it is a half hours walk away at a slow pace so there's no need to hurry. My bag is full of my stuff, my sheaths are filled with the knives I made myself during the last fragment, and my single star shines within my inner world.

Kilos rises higher in the white sky, the purple hue fading as dawn finally ends. Making my way to the gate of the rather large village, a lone guard eyes the sigil on my coat. The guard was a tall man with metallic gray hair and a fit build. "You the guy supposed to solve the monster problem?" the guard asked. I nodded to him and asked, "Who should I speak to to get info on the monster?" "The elder will know, he's in the big house near the center of town. Can't miss it." Nodding my thanks I follow his directions.

The elder gave me the needed information, now I knew I was up against a lesser stone ogre. they were a troublesome foe for most due to their resistances but it would be an easy fight for me. Into the forest, I go, soon reaching a rather large cave in a hillside. This was its lair, there were bones everywhere and most looked to be human. 

As I had made no attempt at stealth, I was being rather loud actually, the 7-foot tall troll came out of its hole. I drew a small knife as I swiftly dodged the wide sweep of its claws. I cut the end of my finger and 4 drops of pitch-black blood flew from my fingertip before orbiting around me as the cut healed. the reason this fight would be easy for me was simple, blood magic when used to cast elemental attacks while much weaker than a normal spell ignores resistances. sheathing my knife and making a simple gesture towards the troll, drawing back its claws from its previous attack, I cast my spell "Blood-Flame Firebolts" at my word the 4 droplets around me began to grow and burst into crimson fire. With a satisfying whoosh the bolts piercing into the trolls flesh killing it instantly.

Not wanting to ruin its blood I extinguished my flames as soon as it was dead. Quickly drawing my dismantling knife and placing down my bag, grabbing a decent sized cask put all of the blood into it. Bundling together the bones and hide after drying them with a little primal magic, I secured them to my bag and set off, back to the village. With my quest complete, I would need to head to the city to the south to collect my reward.

0