Chapter 13 – System: Here is your new class!
3.2k 7 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This story has a shit rating. Please give the story more than one star if you liked it!

Night fall loomed near. Yet, we managed to set up a small fire near the lake.

Underneath the glittering of the stars, Joanne used her holy magic to make a golden dome. It was big enough to accommodate up to three people while acting as a magical tent. Despite having no rugs or clothes to put over the plain floor, the grass was soft enough to make laying on the floor tolerable. Allisa refused to join our impoverished accommodation. Instead, she sat on a big rock next to the fireplace. Next to her, the Harpy laid on the floor, tied in place. No doubt Allisa was going to spend the entire night interrogating the poor creature.

Allisa probably had more useful items within her adventurer's inventory, but refused to tell. Shame on her.

Joanne put her skills as a shepherd to good use by arranging the wild flock of sheep into place. When she was done, we had a soft source of heat and nice side pillows. The cute flock of sheep did not complain much. They, too, hated to sleep alone in the dark.

“This is indecent,” Joanne whispered. "Two young girls in such a crowded space,"

There were legit two sheep separating the two of us. Yet Joanne was blushing in embarrassment. For some reason my body did not mind at all, yet the thought in my mind lingered; were you not a guy in another life? Logically, the answer was a yes. The ego was well aware, yet my shadow, or by extension my body, refused to react. 

A part of me was troubled by this fact. If I were to push jump on top of Joanne right now, would my body react? 

The stars above the dome were brewing brightly.

“Joanne, if you are the apostle of light, does that not make you a saint?” I asked.

“No, that is up to the gods to decide,” she replied. She is always humble. Obnoxiously so. Yet, cute in her own way.

“Then, how common is the existence of an apostle? You know, father Leo said that you are lying about your class.”

Joanne seemed to struggle formulating an answer. As if she was guilty of something. I am starting to believe that she always acts this way. But why?

“There is only one apostle per era, but not every era has a saint,” she said.

I yawned.

“Are saints born or made?”

My speech was getting slower. Her responses also took longer.

“I believe that with due diligence, even without the class, we can all be a saint in our own way, there can always be another shining star.”

“No, I did not mean it like that. Is the class itself something that people are born with?”

She shook her head.

“Every saint in history-”

I fell asleep among sheep, underneath the stars, and next to someone who should be a saint.

The following morning, the golden dome broke. Then a notification appeared;

New Class Unlocked:
Stargazer

The Gods have blessed thy with the knowledge of the first law of the universe; Order.
Bonus: +1 Soul, +1 Magic Damage on all attacks
Unlocked: Zodiac Subclass
 
Conditions:

ALL MUST BE TRUE:

  • Classless
  • Demi-Human
  • Has Observed The Stars

NONE MUST BE TRUE:

  • Chaotic Alignment 
  • INT 2 or Lower

 

Then, another one appeared;

Zodiac Subclass;
Capricorn (Default)
Bonus: Your Physical Attacks Do +1 Magical Damage. + 10% Chance of Critical. +1 Stamina.

The Class and subclass give me combined bonus of +2 Magic Damage on physical attacks...

But how much health do people and mobs normally have? If only I had appraisal... 

I felt dumb for never thinking about this before. 'System, open my skills.'

———Skills————

[Demon Lord’s Blessing: When performing evil actions, you obtain extra EXP]

[Hardened Skull: [INT -3] [80% of Head Damage is nullified. Attacks that should kill you will only injure you.]

[Goat Strike: Your kicks do 200% Damage. 500% damage + 20 physical damage when Head Ramming.]

There is no pyromaniac skill? Alright.

Everyone else seemed to already be awake. Allisa looked like crap. She clearly did not get any sleep. The harpy looked even worse than before. If she told Allisa everything about the uncharted lands, I really doubt Allisa will keep her promise to allow her to fly again.

Belfar, for sure, would kill the harpy once he had no more use for her.

My stomach soon rumbled. Perhaps right now was not the time to undergo an ethical dilemma. I looked at the sheep. They could be cooked. But the sheep were too cute. It would be wrong to kill them.

"Are we heading west?" Joanne asked.

Allisa smiled.

"Are we?" I asked too.

That elf had something on her mind.

This story has a shit rating. Please give the story more than one star if you liked it!

86