1 – Day-night-dreaming come true
41 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was playing a game in the middle of the night, an urban fantasy game where a town full of people gained powers after a freak storm.

The protagonist had the power of a genie for himself, wishes. His first wish was to turn his life into a porn game, then he slept. The next day, he got buff, got bigger 'equipment' and his house full of girls were being erotic near him.

His adventure was with girls that also got powers, some beneficial, some down right harmful to themselves, and others that basically do nothing.

This got me thinking, what sort of power would be the best, like basically omniscient, omnipotent, omni-whatever. I went through the usual list of typical powers, fire, matter, space, time, mind. Then, I thought 'what do all these things have in common...'

And it hit me, information. To perceive and freely manipulate raw information.

Then I started imagining simple scenarios with this power, I could hack electronics, making them do things they weren't programmed to specifically do.

I could mind control a person and do unspeakable things with them, body and mind.

I could do simple party tricks, like turning light frequencies to other colours.

If I could perceive information, then how far? Could I only see the present? how bout the past? the future? other dimensions maybe?? unlikely although only those with this sort of power could find out.

I could manipulate space-time, gravity, matter and all that sweet stuff. but then how would the power work?

I tried building a basic framework for such a power logically, if I could perceive information, use its smallest unit I can detect, and like the metric system, convert it to a simpler unit when there's too many small units of information. Then give values for each unique variation of information, like energy, or mass, or momentum.

I imagined what I could do with such a power, then I thought,
'I'd basically be a god, wouldn't I? hmmm...I wonder if I could give powers to other people...'

To give others a power with my own would just be giving them an extremely weakened version of my power, but how to go about it....

Ah, I got it, if you think of a sapient being as a User, then giving them powers would be giving them access or filtering their access.

So if I, as the origin of the power, were to have basically no cap or limit on my power, I could just do what is equivalant to giving them limited access.

So if I wanted to give someone hydrokinesis, I could just give them access to the H2o molecule and limit their information perception to just that as well, maybe even give them an energy and range limit to train up when using that power as well...

'Hmmm, I think this is enough excitement daydreaming over a non-existent power for the night, time to sleep.'

As I lay down on my bed, the celling light shines down in my eyes.
'Ugh, I wish it was off bu-' then the lights turned off.

'Huh, power outage?' No, the air conditioning was still on, but ho-
'wait...' I imagined the lights being on, they turned on.

'....I see...., I'll deal with that tomorrow' And I did my best trying (and failing) to sleep.

Like the story synopsis says, this is a spur of the moment thing, so don't expect too much from it.

0