Chapter 5: Waiting room (3)
66 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, I delayed this for way too long. In front of me are the 50 Boost potion I bought earlier. Now, why I didn't put them in my Spatial bag? It is because I will use them right now for something that will be discovered way later.

Taking a Strenght Boost potion in my hand, I uncork it and begin to drink it.

[Ding!] 

[You drank a Strength Boost potion. Strength will be increased for the next 5 minutes!] 

"Ahgh! Why are you drinking this now?! Didn't you want to use them in the Tutorial?! That's 2,000 SP wasted!"

Ignoring her, I focus on the changes in my body. A Boost potion is very useful: it will increases a Stat for about 50% for 5 minutes, but drinking more or having high Stats will lessen the effects. I didn't care about that. What I wanted to grasp was the 'Essence' of the potion.

While I was circulating my Mana in my body, 5 minutes seem to have already passed. This body really isn't great... Shaking my head, I drink another one Boost potion, ignoring Lotus's cries.

Deciding that only drinking them won't be enough at this rate, I begin to do some work-out, like push-ups. I need to have my cells in my body accept the 'Essence' of the Boost potion, so training will most likely accelerate the process.

Furiously circulating my Mana in my body in a special pattern and pushing my body to the limit, the 'Strength' essence was finally accepted by my body after drinking every Strength Boost potions.

My whole body is sticky with some black substance at the end of it though, and by Lotus urging, I buy a Cleaning Scroll in the System Shop for 10,000 SP.

Next, Agility. Let's go for a run.

[Ding!] 

[You drank an Agility Boost potion. Agility will be increased for the next 5 minutes!]

Now, what is an essence? It is quite hard to tell, but if the Soul is what create Mana and the Body is what create Life Force, then an essence would be the Spirit or Will of something. For instance, a medicinal herb will have a 'healing' or a 'life' essence. Having an essence is like having a factory for a specific type of energy in your body. It could be said that your Soul is an essence that produce Mana, though it is debated. When someone kill or eat something, a very small bit of that essence will strengthen yourself, a little like XP in video games.

I am currently trying to get my body stronger by putting essences inside of it while it isn't trained so that I will have a strong fondation. The earlier I do this, the more benefits I will get in the long run.

It seems I got the 'Agility' essence. Now it is the turn for the 'Endurance' one. 

...

[An error in the waiting room of player 'Roel Axard' was detected.]

[Searching...]

[The player is aptempting to commit suicide through 'potion overdose'. Unexpected situation. Sending support request.]

"...Can you please wait a little?" 

[...]

[Because of 'Roel Axard' suggestion, the sending of the support request will be delayed.]

My mind is on the verge of breaking. Pushing your body to the limit several times a day isn't the best of ideas. Even though I took a rest and used a Cleaning Scroll after getting each essence, my body was about to explode from all five energies forcefuly contained in it. Lotus reason to stop me drinking the Boost potions changed from 'stop wasting SP' to 'stop trying to die'.

Now, it was time for the hardest part of the whole procedure. While I had all those essences, they will soon either get out, clash or rampage in my body. I needed to fuse and tie them together then with my Soul. I knew I could do it, as I done the same thing in my past life. My Soul was also both young and strong because of my past and future Souls fusing.

When I tried to do it however, something impossible happened.

[Error!]

[A high authority is trying to hack the Inventory of 'Roel Axard'!] 

[Failure to stop it because of a sudden unknow intervention!]

[Be careful!]

Abaddon's heart, who have been sitting in my Inventory and was supposed to always stay there, appeared before me. The small crimson gem going towards my chest with a speed that couldn’t be dodged.

"Do you think I'll let you?!" 

Lotus tried to stop it with a barrier, but it soon broke with her being flung far from me with a pitiful cry.

I knew what Abaddon's heart was trying to do. While I was at my weakest trying to lay a fondation for my future growth, it attacked me. Maybe it realised that killing me wasn't a good idea, as it will be stuck in the Waiting room forever, so it will tie itself to my Soul like a parasite to get out of here.

I didn't want to become a Trojan horse and I already fought it in my past life, so I knew what to do.

Taking the roll of Holy Shroud I bought earlier in my hand, I wrap the white cloth around the dark red gem and supply it with as much of my Mana to increase its strength. The Holy energy clashed with the Demonic energy and so it would't be long before I'll need another way to... Huh?

After a few minutes, black smoke came out of the bundle in my hands. 

[Ding!] 

[A grand feat! You are the first to subjugate a great Devil heart!] 

[Although it is only a part of a whole, this action will greatly delay the Devil 'Abaddon' descent!]

[This achievement will be recorded in history!]

[You are awarded the title 'Devil's bane'!]

[You are awarded the title 'One who dominate fire'!]

[You are awarded the title 'One who stop destruction'!]

[For your achievement you are gifted 10,000,000 SP!]

Impossible. 

"W-What happened?" 

"I would like to know too."

I look with a bewildered gaze at the white cloth that I used as bandages in my past life. What the hell happened?

The System provided me with an answer as if reading my thoughts.

[Ding!]

[Congratulations on your successful enchanting of the 'Roll of Holy Shroud'!]

[Would you like to change the name of the item?]

"...what."

3