Chapter 1 – Truck on a trail
2.5k 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Ding! Congratulations on completing the quest, Transmigrate 200,000 souls.]

[Ding! The following rewards will be given.]

[4x Forged Aluminum Rims]

[Silver of silvers paint job]

[Void darkness tinted windows]

[Ability to drive across water]

[2000 Points]

[Ding! New quest active]

[Quest requirements, Reincarnate 200,000 souls.]

[Quest progress 0/200,000]

Off the coast of a certain Yehaw state in the United States sat a shrimping ship. On the ship, one of the crew's hands was yelling like crazy.

(Crewhands POV)

"Captain! Captain! Get out here now there's something you need to see"!

"I've told you 4 times already that pods of humpbacks are only interesting when you're new to sailing. Now stop bothering me and get back to work, the shrimp won't catch themselves." Said captain while slowly coming out of the wheelhouse of the ship.

"N-no captain there is a truck on the water following behind us it's driving like it's on land". As I tried to explain the situation to him I realized how bizarre it sounded.

"You do realize I'll fire you if you're taking drugs on the job right?" Coming closer to me he started to examine my eyes.

"No, I wouldn't do that, captain c'mon give me some credit. Wait, that's not the point, look behind the ship above where our nets should be." 

"Fine, Fine I'll hum...or yo..u" Before the captain could start to tease me the words he was going to say died in his throat because like I had told him there was a truck that was driving on the water as if it was driving through a residential area.

Blankly staring at the truck, words slipped from the captain’s mouth. 

"I didn't think I overworked us to the point we would be hallucinating the same thing." 

Coming out of his stupor Captain put his hands around his mouth and yelled loud enough for everyone on board to hear him. "Bring in the nets, we've been out on the open water for long enough." 

After he gave his order he then looked back at the truck one more time before heading back to the Wheelhouse where we all could see him pull out a bottle of Jack Daniels.

(Truck-Kuns POV)

 While stretching its axles Truck-Kun realized it needed a vacation from transmigrating the average Japanese salaryman, sending them to a forest just to encounter a group of women getting attacked by monsters while those women happen to be royalty or something important.

'Hmmm, I guess I'll take this new quest as an opportunity to go on vacation and just do a little bit of reincarnating unsuspecting people on the side.' 

'Oh actually now that I can drive over water I don't have to be stuck on those cargo ships anymore, ugh I'll never forget how my last quest was delayed because of that fiasco at the Panama canal, I shouldn't have taken that Week off going to different car washes. If I was faster I could have transmigrated that guy before he got on board and sailed halfway across the world' 

Driving onto the water I kept thinking about past targets I transmigrated and came to a conclusion after a little while. 'I'll just start finishing people off before they can question what happened to them.’

(13 days later)

'It's almost been 2 weeks and I still have absolutely no idea where I am...you would think I'd have come across a ship or two by now but nope, nothing but fish and birds for the last 2 weeks, although that pod of humpback was pretty cool... I shouldn't have followed them,' letting out a long slow beep I aimlessly drove forward while becoming lost in thought.

'Now that I can drive on water like Truck Jesus I'll probably have to get my GPS updated to take me across the ocean as well, ugh I'll have to use some points…'

In the middle of complaining to myself about the system, I noticed a dot in the distance. "Hahahaha finally a ship, sorry but I'll be tailgating you until we land ashore"! 

(Crewhands POV)

As I walked through the door to the wheelhouse I couldn't contain the smile that formed on my lips as I looked at Captain’s current state.  "Captain, that truck has been following right behind us for over 3 hours now."

Scoffing as he glanced at me he picked the bottle back up and then tilted his head back to take another big swig. "Remind me again why I accepted y'alls bet to take a shot every hour that damned truck follows us?"

"HAHAHA, isn't it just a fun bet"? 

After he sat the bottle he turned to fully look at me. "Are you sure it isn't because the crew decided it would be funny to take advantage of my confused state of mind?"

"HAHA, I have no idea what you're talking about captain we are a very serious crew that would never mess around like that."

Turning away from me he scoffed again. "It still makes no sense how that truck can just drive on the waves like they're solid ground. I wish we had something to record with but all our electronics are dead because we've been out for too long."

At the last half of his words, I couldn't help but laugh before asking "Whose idea was it to stay out longer than usual I wonder?" 

"Yeah yeah, whatever move aside I want to go see how that truck is managing to do that." 

Like he had asked, I stepped away from the entrance as he walked past me. Once he was out of the wheelhouse I turned to look at the bottle that was now sitting on the table before I approached and picked it up. 'Don't mind if I do.'

(Truck-Kuns POV)

'Oh, more people are coming to the back of the ship to look at me, tehehe I guess my new rims, window tint, and paint job make me look good but if they keep staring for too long I'll start to blush'. While thinking about random things I once again noticed something off in the distance.

'HAHAHA, who would've thought that the indicator for land would be amusement park rides, who put those on a pier though? Not that that matters to me, all I care about is the fact I can finally start the quest, forget about taking any longer of a vacation those humpbacks were enough.' Thinking about all the points that awaited me I activated the NOS I had installed from one of my earlier quests and zoomed past the ship that I was following, but not before remembering to thank them.

"BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEP."

(MC POV) 

"Ugh, why in the name of all that is sane did I decide to go mountain biking? It looked so fun in the videos but it's waaay too much effort." Standing up on the bike I pressed the pedals down with all my strength while heavily panting.

 'I should have put more thought into this. Of course, the longer and steeper the trail is the harder it will be to get to the top.' Cursing myself for my naivety I continued up the path.

'If only I could just fly to the top it would make this so much more fun, they should have snow lifts installed here.'

After another 10 minutes of non-stop pedaling, I finally reached the summit, looking down the slope it seemed to be a steeper decline than blizzards approval ratings. "Going down will be fun."

Taking my backpack off I dug through it looking for my phone to commemorate this moment. "Normally I don't like taking pictures of myself but I worked too hard getting up to the top of this bitch to not take a photo of myself on it."

As soon as I raised my phone in the air to take the picture I dropped it in surprise as I quickly turned around.  "WHAT THE FUCK IS A TRUCK DOING ON THE TRAIL AND HOW THE SHIT DID IT SNEAK UP ON ME LIKE THAT" 

Not having any more time to think, I heard the sound of the truck revving its engine. 

"Fu-" Before I could finish I felt a pain worse than I imagined I'd ever feel shoot throughout my entire body as I flew through the air. Slamming onto the ground I felt even more intense pain coming from the back of my head before everything went black.

54