Chapter 3 – I’m a monster
2k 10 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Emma POV)

'Huh, where am I?' Regaining consciousness I tried to open my eyes to look around but very soon realized that wasn't possible.

'Ok, Emma, don't freak out, you're probably just not born yet or something, that's another cliche that happens right? At Least you're not in a forest as an abandoned newborn'. I thought to myself and then started to try to examine my body, ok two arms check, two legs check, something extending from my body where my belly button should be checked.

That would probably be my umbilical cord so let's not mess with my lifeline.' thinking this I took my mind off it, relaxed my body, and got ready to wait for however long it would take for me to be born. In the meantime, I need to sort my mind out.

'Ok let's list what happened to me so far in order one, I decided to do something I normally don't and follow my interest to go outside and decided that biking down a mountain trail would be fun. Most likely influenced by all those videos I watched while I was sick. Two, Once I got to the top of the slope and got ready to document my success, Truck-kun is right behind me on the peak even though it wasn't when I got there and it decided to make me its next victim. Three, I'll never be able to see my family again...

Once I got to this point in my train of thought it finally sunk in. My Mom and the way that no matter what interest or hobby I wanted to try or stop she would support me with everything she had waiting for me to find something I truly liked and when I discovered cooking and how fun and good at it I was she taught me as much as she knew and by the time I was 12 I was making dinner for the family almost every night. My Dad who worked his life away to provide for his family, someone who cherished every moment he got to spend with mom and me, always wearing a goofy smile on his face whether it be on a trip to the nearest flea market, going out to eat or even after a long day of work. And my Dog Skutchie. I've had him since I was just 5. Whenever I had a nightmare he would push his face up against mine and sleep there until I calmed down and then he would go back to laying his head over my stomach like he was protecting a treasure.' Thinking about all this I wanted to cry and just let it all out but I don't think my tear ducts have formed yet so I sat there wallowing in my feelings until I had fallen asleep from exhaustion, which in all honesty was pretty fast since this isn't even my final form.

Waking up again an indeterminable time later I felt a lot better, like the weight of an entire truck has been lifted off my shoulders and since I felt better I decided that it would be best to just think about the future from here on. My name is the only thing I need to cherish what I once had and dwelling on it won't help anyway, So with this in mind, what do I do now?

'Ok, so what do I want to do in this new world? Do I at the expense of the story I read change things that will lead to bigger changes later on like saving Robin as a child and trying to get her on my crew instead of joining Luffys in the future or should I not try to affect the main cast too much and just let Whitebeard and Ace die, well if that even happens, after all my last change to this world before I got here will have a big effect on Marineford...Again at this point in my thoughts, I stopped thinking but this time to laugh at myself.

'KYAKYAKYAKYA…..what was that laugh, did I just get a weird one-piece laugh? Well, that doesn't matter for now. Besides once I meet a certain Yanko and confirm my wish was successful then that would already mean the world is going to be majorly different from the one I know,  So time for another listless see Befriend as many different people as I can (no way I can overthrow a government alone), Overthrowing the World Government, getting rid of the World Nobles, Riding any form of slavery from this world, Restructuring the prison system that as of right now is torture chambers but on a grand scale, Restructure the world government with a coalition of different races ie, Fishmen, Skypieans, Giants, etc, ensuring a reliable form of communication across all known islands that surpasses the den-den mushi, like maybe an upgraded visual mushi but I have no idea how to even start that one. Also discovering what the one-piece is and understanding why the world government wants to keep it hidden so much.

'Besides I want Robin on my crew anyway so that I can read the poneglyphs, even if I know where all of the glyphs are if I don't see them all for myself and get to know what's described on it would feel like a big waste, too bad I don't have a perfect memory or else I would have known all the details from the anime.' sighing for my average memory I resolved to have fun and change this world into something better without worrying about the canon.

Then for some reason, it felt like everything was shaking.

(Pietas D. Gauge POV)

On a ship close to the calm belt in the north blue.

Staring at my wife's stomach where our baby should be slowly cooking to be born I can't believe my eyes and other senses as to what just happened.

"You can't use conqueror's haki right? Or were you just keeping it a secret?" I asked my wife who was currently staring at her stomach with the same confusion on her face that I assume is on mine.

"No, you're right the first time I can't use conqueror's haki," My wife said while still staring at her stomach not looking up at me.

"So then…." I said not finishing my sentence.

"Yeah" She replied

"YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYA" breaking out into boisterous laughter I couldn't control I nearly ended up toppling over.

"Geina, I think our child is going to be a prodigy! I've never even heard of using haki before birth, I don't even know how that's possible" I said while still laughing in joy.

"What about the tree of knowledge? I've spent the last 4 months doing nothing but reading up on how to properly care for a child but what if that isn't enough now? None of the books mentioned unborn babies using haki, I mean if we were regular people we both would have passed out. Let's take a trip to Ohara, those old men might know something we don't" Geina started to talk faster and faster, clearly worried about what might happen to our child.

"Ok, ok calm down deep breaths, panicking won't help and it is probably not good for you either, your right though as amazing as this is it's completely unheard of and it would be better for us to know." Thinking this I head up to steer the ship to go through the calm belt straight past the grand line out of the second calm belt and into the west blue.

"Getting my hands on those plans for sea prism stone laced ships schematics from the government was something else, who would've thought that a thin layer of the stuff would negate all senses of a sea king? Well, not that that matter they would just be delivering themselves to be our dinner if they tried anything, I even had a powerful rotor installed on both sides of the ship just to hope to be noticed by the stronger sea kings, too bad looks like I'll have to get some myself" with that in mind I dolphin dived into the calm belt in search of lunch.

(2 Months Later)

"How far are we from Ohara, dear? '' Geina asked me while eating a sea king that looked like a giant black and white eel with blue fins.

"Once we pass this coming up island Ohara should be the next one insight," I said while also devouring the silly sea king that thought I was its food. Just then Geina snapped her attention from the food to outside the ship on the open ocean.

"HMM, why is there a trail of ice on the ocean? Isn't there only one person who could freeze the ocean like that? But it wouldn't make sense for him to be in such waters, they're not dangerous enough for someone as strong as an admiral." Geina questioned while staring out of the window of the dining room.

"WHAT!" looking in the same direction that she is low and behold there in a makeshift path made out of ice but there is also something on it far in the distance heading towards the island next to us along with a glow far in the distance at the other end of the ice path.

"I'm going to stop the ship and wait at this island for a little while, worst case scenario I have to fight someone akin to an admiral so it's not too bad not like an actual one but I'd still really rather not, those guys are way too resilient and it'd take too long for what we want to do. Besides I might end up killing the guy if he attacks the ship and we've worked too hard never to be noticed by marines" I said while staring at my wife's stomach that holds the joy of both our lives, then headed for the deck to get a better look of the situation.

On the deck of the ship I'm able to see a lot better and in the distance, there seems to be a fire that lights up the night sky in the direction of Ohara, and on the trail of ice heading this way is a little girl in a rowboat?

"What in the fuck is going on at Ohara" without pondering on it any further I jumped off of the ship and started to swim in the direction of the little girl.

On the rowboat sat a little girl no older than 8 who was crying her already tear-stained cheeks out like a waterfall while desperately paddling to what it seemed like to get away from whatever was behind her.

Jumping out of the water and landing on the ice wall that was guiding her, the child looked up at me with fear evident in her eyes.

"Don't worry I won't hurt you, but can you tell me what happened and why Ohara is like that? Also, why are you out here alone in that small boat?" When I mentioned Ohara she started to cry and laugh even harder so that gave me a pretty good idea of what happened there.

` World government, they destroyed an entire island of people just to get rid of the 5000 years of knowledge Ohara holds.' clenching my fist in anger I breathe out slowly and start trying to console the little girl in front of me.

"Ok don't worry about that for now, sorry I was impatient, why don't I take you to my ship so that you can be in a safe place, the open water, and a random island isn't any place for a child to be alone." trying to console the crying child I picked her up and put her on my back.

"I...HAHA*sniff*... can't swim...HA*sniff*, I'm a HAHA monster*Sniff*". The girl managed to get this between her cries and laughter before baring her head on my shoulder.

'Devil fruit huh, no matter where you go the ignorant will always call those different from them monsters'. Sighing, I told the little girl.

"It's ok, just hold on tight and I'll make sure you get to my ship safely. I can easily swim with you on my back and you won't get a drop of water on you, YAYAYAYAYAYA". Trying to console her more, I laughed as hard as I could, and even though it probably didn't help she did tighten her grip on me while sobbing on my shoulder.

(A/N - Edited this chapter to make it more in line with Robins character)

40